Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2004, 05:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/144/149

Height: 5'9

Default Keeping Us Motivated!!!

Hey,

My name's Amy, I'm 24 in Ont Canada, attending college this fall at Humber for Vocal Performance.
About 5 years ago I started my weight loss journey. I'm 5'10 and at my highest weight 250 pounds. This music industry doesn't exactly embrace it's fat population so I had to say to myself.. "if someone told you right now that you had a guarenteed success in the music industry if you lost the weight would you?" YES. So shut up whining and do it. So I did. Using the weight watchers plan from home and weighing in on Sat mornings I went from a size 22 to 12 in just over a year going from 250 pounds to 172..(my final goal is 159) I've for the most part kept it off and it's changed my life, going up 15-20 pounds then losing it again every couple of years. Well this year I moved back home to save some money for school and got a job typing all day... not walking to work as per downtown Toronto style and eating to food in my work cafe daily. Well I gained about 20 pounds, and had that realization when I stepped on the scale at my frist back at Weight Watchers meeting. Weighing in at a horrific 194.2 YUCK.. it's amazing how it creeps back on ya. So it's been a month since that day and I've worked my butt off since the summer's coming and so is the beach.. I've lost 9 of the 20lbs I gained and I'm goin strong! Walking now makes a huge difference, it just ensures the weight is coming off that week.
So I wanted to post my progress here to let beginners know it's a lifetime battle.. stay strong and take things one day at a time, and same goes for you out there still succeeding..or struggling, go for it people! If I can do it, anybody can!!
I know for myself I find myself needing daily inspiration and motivation from anywhere I can scrape it up, so I'm gonna start this thread with one of my most recent motivational sayings and hope to hear more coming from anyone who stops here....

"The only way to move a mountain, is one rock at a time."
-Ancient Chinese Proverb
Old 05-23-2004, 10:02 PM   #2  
Abby's Mommy

Hi Amy, Thanks for posting that, I REALLY needed some inspiration to keep going with WW. Heres the odd part: My name is Amy, Im 22, 5'10 and started at almost the same weight as you did (245), with the same goal in mind. Thank you for sharing your story!
Old 05-24-2004, 05:42 AM   #3  

Thanks, Amy! i need that motivation! I am a 'career' weight watcher struggling to lose post baby weight. I had TOM and extreme stress this past week and ate a ton, but am now getting it under control!
Old 05-24-2004, 10:30 PM   #4  

Hey guys,
Amy here, thanks so much, glad to see others on the same page (Amy that's craziness)

Quote of the day;

Work as though you would live forever, and live as though you would die today.

By the way huge barbeque today at work.. knew I'd eat a lot.. did.. it was good, I'm takin 5 points off every day for the rest of the week..I think the key is not feeling guilty about these days.. well trying not to.. take back the control that min , not the next day.. or the next Monday. NOW.

Amy
Old 05-25-2004, 10:01 AM   #5  
Eve's Mom

Jess;

I read your note on the other day's thread (Canadian Holiday, we weren't ignoring you). I am so sorry you are struggling. I know how you feel - I was there a couple of years ago and I ended up on anti-depressants and saw a counsellor. He was really good - I only went a few times, but he really helped me take control of my life. I really needed to learn how to say no to people and things. I gave up my second job and got a "life" again. I realized the $ benefit wasn't worth all the stress! I was working 2 jobs. In my last year of univiersity I was working 38hours a week at a corporate job, 12 hours at a waitressing job (graveyard) and took 6 courses a semester with special permission and I guess I just thought I could keep that up. You can't! You have to take control. Jess, I know how you feel about the only thing you can control is the food. Take a deep breath, take a step back and realize you have more control than you think. I think the best thing is for you to get a 3rd party opinion...how are things with Aaron? Are you still struggling there too?

Anyway, PM me or e-mail me (I'll pm you my e-mail addy) if you need to!! Oh, and remember the most important thing is finding the cause of your troubles, not treating the symptom (eating). Focus on that, the rest will follow.

Kier - 40 days to the wedding holy dyna woman!!!

Hey Lori - how's it going??

Welcome to the 2 Amys. Nice to see some new faces!

I have to run to ameeting, BBL
Old 05-25-2004, 12:27 PM   #6  
Proud Canadian

Morning to everyone posting and welcome to the two Amy-s!

Jess - Yes, it was a holiday up here so we weren't really around but Belle gave you some great advice. And I will add that you need to make a point to take some time for yourself however often you decide to do it and just do something for you. My walks have been wonderful to help me settle a bit and focus on me. (it's also good for me) I get about halfway through the path I take and I stop and listen to the birds or the wind in the trees and take a deep breath and walk slower for a bit. It's 40 minutes in the middle of my otherwise crazy day that has nothing to do with anyone but me. It's really helped me to not sweat the small stuff. I suggest you find something that no one can take from you just for you that you can do once or twice a week - hopefully it will help you get through the rest of the craziness - let us know how things are going...

Belle - how was the weekend in the new place?

Amy - Welcome!! Sounds like you are doing great on your journey. I've stalled a few times but I always feel great when I realize I haven't gained everything back and right now I'm still losing so I'll stick with it.

OK - My long weekend was nice - I took some "me" time - watched movies all weekend plus went for a bike ride on Sunday and a walk yesterday with my mom. Was OK for food but I had a couple of treats which more than used up my flexpoints for the week - I also went to see Shrek 2 with friends and it was FUNNY!! I loved it - and I highly recommend it. I had WI on Saturday and I was down 3#!!! So last week was a good week - and I'll try to keep it up this week - must change the sig. and post on the challenge thread. I'll do it in a bit - the auditor is here now and I have to give him the info he needs...

KT

Amy Jo - feel free to post here anytime for some inspiration. Sounds like you are getting in a great start! You've barely started and you're doing so well!
Old 05-25-2004, 04:10 PM   #7  
Eve's Mom

Hey KT - CONGRATS on the 3#!! That is wicked!!!! Glad your long weekend was good too -mine went by way too fast. Have I mentioned how much I love the new house??

Jen - Hey! Are you back for good now? Or still just lurking. I am sure no one (left) will find it a waste to read about others struggles or yo-yoing for that matter, either. So I hope you come out and play again.

Well, tomorrow is WI. I have eaten 25 flexpoints this week (a lot but still OP), and had a TON of activity (none formal, however) so hopefully the results will be good. Trouble is, I find that I have been really hungry the past few weeks - I dont know why, but I get burning stomach and want to eat. I have tried drinking and right now diet hot choc is my best friend. I have had HUGE sugar cravings...what is up with this?? Maybe I DO need SBD phase one...who knows.

Ali, how are your cravings doing??
Old 05-25-2004, 04:52 PM   #8  
Proud Canadian

Hey Belle - I had a huge hungry last night too. Have you changed anything about the way you've been eating or the types of foods? I know you're still OP but are you eating different foods? I find myself eating a lot of fruits and veggies this time of year but if I don't add in some fat here and there - I get RAVENOUS!

KT
Old 05-25-2004, 05:30 PM   #9  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey everyone. I am here, but swamped so I didn't reply to anyone today. Sorry. I will be back tomorrow hopefully. Things are absolutely nuts at work. I had a back eating weekend also. I so need to get back on track and I so need to exercise. Gotta run, time to leave and pick up the girls!
Old 05-25-2004, 09:31 PM   #10  

Hey guys,

Thanks so much Jen for your quote.. keep um comin guys..

Well back on program today..walked and did some wegiths acrunches and push ups, feels good, let me know if anyone wants to see my before and afters so far hehe i have some online and lookin at my before the other day made me feel.. well first of all couldn't beleive it was me back then, second of all motivated which is what it's all about.. my latest after is in my profile.. if anyone else has them PLEASE let me know I love that stuff!!!

Our Quote of the Day Guys... one of my favourites;

Destiny is no matter of chance. It is a matter of choice: It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Have an awesome day tomorrow, you're so worth it!!!

AmY
5'10
H- 250 lbs
L- 171 lbs (profile pic at this weight)
NOW- 185lbs
GOAL- 159 lbs
Old 05-25-2004, 11:15 PM   #11  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Girls
2 days in a row woohoooooooo
I'm not OP but my portions are getting smaller YAY