Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2004, 09:14 AM   #16  
Turtle Buddy

Hi, Turtles,

I woke up at about 3:30 and couln't get back to sleep. I finally gave up and got up about 4:15. Here's me this morning:

Welcome, Sara Jane! It looks like you're doing really well. We're glad to have you aboard. Much congrats on the bikini. Nice to be able to show off a bit this summer, isn't it?

Lauren, your conference sounds wonderful. I'm glad you had a great time. I'm sorry you had such a difficult time and that everyone involved decided food would alleviate the stress. But, I know you'll recover from it. Here's a . And I'm glad everything went well in the end.

Judy, I'm sorry you all ended up with food poisoning. I'm glad it didn't turn out to be serious. Hang in there, you're doing great.

Well, TOM finally got here. My husband's getting worried about me because I don't exercise enough. He's decided we need to walk together every day. I've been trying to get him to do that for at least a year. So, I'm going to take him up on it. I need to exercise again. But I've been too down to do it on my own. I just brood when I'm out walking alone, and that doesn't make it appealing.

Something really cool is going on in my writing life. One of the published writers wants to start an online crit/support group that's geared toward serious writers who are writing regularly. I'm helping her set it up. (moderators do that sort of thing ) It should be a really good experience, and helpful to all of us, once we get the right mix of people.

Anyway, things are going about the same, in general here. I hope to get back on track with WW soon. Keep moving, everyone. It's the key, it really is.
Old 04-30-2004, 11:25 AM   #17  
Magic User

Rise and shine, Turtles!

I'm delighted to see that my hard work and perserverence had paid off this morning... got on the scale and I'm down once more. About 10 more pounds and I'll be at goal. Exciting!! I'll be sure to post before and after pictures when I've achieved that goal.

Anyway, it's been a crazy week. I took the day off today to get some sleep and time to myself before a full weekend, and it was lovely to sleep until 10:30. I'll probably do my exercise video soon, or go running.

Judy,
I understand your hesitation about eating out anytime soon... I had food poisoning when I was younger from a steakhouse, and I wouldn't eat steak for years. I'm glad you decided not to drive home, you should take care of yourself when you're sick. Feel better!

Lin,
Thank you! Yes, I'm ecstatic to be able to show off on the beach this summer. And by the way, bravo on the decision to walk with your husband! It's SO healthy for both of you, and if you're feeling down, exercise can often help because it releases endorphins in your brain to stimulate happiness. Also, it's great to hear that you're a writer because writing has always been something I've loved and aspired to do, so it's wonderful to meet people with common interests.

That's all folks!
Sarah Jane
Old 04-30-2004, 04:05 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone:

Thanks for all the encouraging words & a big welcome to Sarah Jane - always nice to have new input here.

Just a quick one today - off to curves then bingo with a friend. Have a big Italian wedding tomorrow, so that will be a challenge.

Anyway, hope everyone has a great weekend & talk to you soon. Bye for now.
Old 05-02-2004, 09:44 AM   #19  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hi Turtles,

Bandit, I hope the wedding went well. I've been to lots of big weddings and the eating challenges are endless. It really is encouraging to me to hear you doing so well.
Keep up the good work!

Sarah Jane,
Yep! Lots of us have found that exercise is the key to shaking up a weight loss. I have enough energy to get back on the treadmill this day, and I will do that!

Lin,
Aren't husbands adorable? You've been cajoling him for a year to get out with you and exercise and *now* he notices that it might be a good idea? Hey, better late than never. I love what you're doing with your writing. Am I right that you're moving this weekend? Good luck with the move and your emotions. There's lots of us pulling for you and your family.

Lauren,
I figure you're busy this weekend, but here's a for whatever you're doing because it's usually good!

I'm rejoining the living, moving people on earth. Man, whether that was food poisoning or a virus--it was tough! I was able to pour myself into a car and get food shopping yesterday. Good thing because my dh came down with a virus and he's feeling not good at all. Enough of this! I'm well, I'm ready to keep on losing weight.
In a very odd way this bout helped me. I lost about 5 pounds and I've kept it off as I recovered. I figure if I add exercise to the mix and keep journaling my points, I'll resume losing about a pound a week. By July I could be in onederland! That's an awesome goal. I wish us all well and let's keep on encouraging each other. Turtles do get there! Hey Swannie, are you about? And all our other buddies, chime in when you can.
Love
Judy
234/211/thinner
Old 05-04-2004, 09:42 AM   #20  
Turtle Buddy

Time for a new thread, everyone. See you there. Keep moving.
Closed Thread