Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2004, 08:56 AM   #1  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Default Wild and Wacky Wednesday

There is not a whole lot wild or wacky about my Wednesday but the day is still young BBTP
Old 04-07-2004, 09:18 AM   #2  
Shopper Extraordinaire

This is my first day on the site this week. My work week has been insane and it is a four day week for me b/c I took Good Friday off so that means I have a lot of paperwork to get done before I take off for the long wknd. I took Monday and Friday of next week off too b/c DH is off for spring break. Sometimes I am SO jealous of his hours. (He Teaches). I am always working late and sometimes it gets on my nerves. I told him that I struggle with not getting and attittude about it and he was glad that I did. Ifeel like a selfish B*#@$ even telling him that but I believe in communicating honestly. ANYWAYS not sure why I got into all that BUT how are you ladies?? I skimmed yesterday andt he day before's posts so I thought I would do some responding.

Jess~ I too hit old navy and was not impressed. I have not been there in a long time and I wonder if I am too old for it. I am 28 which I know is not old but a lot of their stuff seemed high school "ish". I loved their linen stuff but that wasn't on sale of course. I will say a prayer for you tommorrow. I KNOW that your surgery will go well. I am so excited for you. A friend of mine had it done and I couldn't believe the change that it made in her appearance. She looked great!

Belle~ I hope that you feel better soon. I am getting a little bit of something so I have been ODing on Echinacea and Vitamin C. I really hope that it works. I just read in "Real Simple" mag. (MY favorite) that you can take from 1000-4000 mg. of Vitamin C when you feel a cold coming on so I though I would give it a whirl. Hopefully DF will stay motivated and when you feel better you can work out together. FUN!

Kieri~ Happy 2 days after, 3 months until your wedding How are the plans coming? Are you enjoying the process or just wishing it was over? I actually enjoyed it.

KT~ What a fun weekend you have planned. I am happy to hear that your neice is off the venilator. Hopefully she will continue to improve. BTW Carrot Cake is evil I wish you luck. I made one this wknd forgetting how delish they are and DH And I polished it off yesterday

Well ladies back to my yummy cafe mocha from Tim Horton's! Mmm, these are my special treats when I am having a blah morning. BBL

Lets have a crazy busy posting day today!!!
Old 04-07-2004, 10:15 AM   #3  
Running Babe

Default Bonjourno

Heya Ladies!

I hope the day is going well for you all. I now have at-work internet access so I am a happy camper and can post here again. My eating as of late has been okay, but went out to dinner last night and went way over (note to self, going to a restaurant after working out for two hours may not be the smartest idea). Exercise has been really good as of late though

It's 24 days until teh roomate leaves which will make things a lot easier and I think will reduce the stress. The guy is so **** retentive and gets super paranoid about stuff. I told him this morning at 5:30 when I was super tired that I would be sending him an email to ask him some questions about the move and he wa slike "what questions, what what what"... Geez, I was basically going to ask how he wanted us to help, what days and reminders about making sure my cat is locked in my room if the door will be wide open etc.... 24 days 24 days 24 days

I am also having problems with an old roomate. He owes me a substantial sum of money and hasn't paid up and most has been owing for more than 4 months. he's my friend and I know his job isn't well paying, but he promised to pay me when he got his tax return. A friend of mine told me he got his tax return already and he hasn't even tried to contact me. I am trying to get out of debt and since I am buying a house it would be really handy to have. I don't want to lose a friendship over money (I didn't lend him the money, it's rent and utility payments), but I think he's taking advantage of an interest free loan kind of deal. Any suggestions how to handle this?

Becky: I absolutely hate all the colours that are in the stores right now. I am not a pink/pastels person and in colouring I am an autumn. Gen X, the forgotten generation in fashion... sigh... I talked about this with a coworker who was born at the beginning of gen x, there are clothes for teens and for women over 40, but none for the rest of us in between

Over half way to the weekend ya

Take care!

Ali
Old 04-07-2004, 02:21 PM   #4  
Eve's Mom

Hi Ali and Becky! Ali, glad to have you back! About time they gave you internet!

I am glad to hear you are almost rid of your crap roomate. That must be so stressful on you!! YOu are almost done with roomates and that will be awesome.

I am with you both about the clothes dilemma. Hot pink and lime green aren't my bag either. I am very neutral and simple. I like fall colours too and nothing too racey. So, Old Navy isn't workin' for me as much either. I liked the business casual clothes at first, but they haven't had much up here lately.

OK I am trying to decide whether or not to go to WI tonight. I know I am up or the same, as I hopped on the scale this morning and found that it was up 3# from yesterday. I also started TOM 2 weeks early last night. So I figure, that must be water weight, because I really have been good this week eating-wise. Exercise, I have been so sick I haven' tdone much but walk to/from work, and that is very very slowly, as I run out of energy fast. So, to go or not to go. I haven't been out of the house since Friday besides work. My eyes are still goobery and I feel terrible, so on the one hand, I'd rather just go to sleep when I get home, adn not drive 30 min each way to WI. the meeting is at 7-7:30, which means I wouldn't get home til 8pm, earliest. OR I could suck it up and go at lunch tomorrow, which would make me take a break. Maybe the water weight would be gone....

GAH. I can't beleive how easy it is for me to obsess about stuff like this!!

Anyway, I better hit the road and get some work done. I am under the gun to get tons done before the three-day weekend.

PS Becky - I'd have a REALLY tough time not having a super attitude about your DF's work schedule. I have to choke back when my sister complains about her long hours and she works from 8am-3:30pm. I work 7:30am - 4:45 or 5pm daily, without lunch breaks most of the time. She gets a full hour lunch and 2 15-min recesses in there. Occasionally she stays til 4pm to do marking, etc. So.....I mean, if he doesnt rub it in your face, then that is good. But it's still a nice set up. I work weekends and OT without pay too (like next week I am gone for three days and four nights without any additional pay).

OH that leads me to my other dilemma - next week. I will be eating all three meals out for three days. I am going to find out if there is a gym or pool in the hotel, so I can at least get some exercise! But the eating!! GAH!!!

I'll be MIA for those days too b/c of no internet access.

Well, I am really going now.....BBL!!
Old 04-07-2004, 07:28 PM   #5  
Proud Canadian

Hey gang - I'm posting late cause we had our potluck today and I was super busy. The carrot cake looked funny when we took it out and it was tough when I cut it and then I had some and it was dry and gross!! Thankfully because I don't think anything else I ate was anywhere near points friendly - except the diet coke (with lime) - and the salad. I called Costco about the cake and they're giving us our money back plus a free cake for next time. I liked that.

Becky - my roomie is a teacher and I know she works hard but when she tells me she's tired at the end of her day (she leaves the house at 8am and is home before 4pm) I just look at her funny. I leave before her and get home at 5:30. But she has a shorter commute and she's in a different class everyday so it's a different kind of work and she gives me the credit for the longer hours. It's nice that you guys are being open and honest.

Ali - I'm so happy for you!! I hated it when I was living with people I didn't like to be around. 24 more days!!

Belle - don't forget - ask for substitutions!!! Lots of times they will grill with no oil if you ask...

Jess - Good luck in surgery!!

OK - gotta fly.

KT
Closed Thread