Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2004, 12:52 PM   #31  

Mimi, our tulips are blooming too! Last year all we had was the green parts of them, no pretty flowers. Don't know what was up with that. We have red and yellow ones, plus some that are red/yellow mixed. My dad planted them ages ago. I just keep letting them do their thing. We've lived here since '99, so they are pretty old. My parents passed away in 97 and 98.

That's great about Mike being able to walk to his job. We live in a very small town, so there aren't many jobs available here. Tim has to drive about 8-9 miles to another town to the Arby's there. He is in 10th grade right now.

We are wonderful people here. (hee - hee) Aren't you glad you got to know us? lol
This really is a fun and supportive group for EVERYTHING, not just weight loss.

It's beautiful again today. Supposed to rain most of the week off and on though. I need to head for Wal Mart to stock up on lunch supplies. Tim needs the van when he gets off work. He and Jessica have plans.

What is a personal support worker exactly? I'm the dense one in the crowd. I am finishing up my 27th year of teaching. I have second graders. Kids are great, but the principal is a twit. lol
Old 04-18-2004, 02:09 PM   #32  

A personal Support Worker is like a nurses aide, we work in nursing homes, home care and private care, mostly seniors but some younger people as well.
My Dad died in summer 2000 and my Mom the beginning of last December. I have a brother who lives about 200 miles from here, and apart from that just me and my boys.
Kitchener and the towns which surround it, Waterloo, Guelph, and Cambridge as well as dozens of smaller towns total about 1/2 a million people. Toronto is about an hours drive from here. The area is really booming right now, and lots of jobs to be found.
Ohio isn't that far from here. We went on a vacation to Cleveland about 8 years ago, it was about an eight hour drive. We have a lot of Mennonites (Amish) in this part of the world like the area south of Cleveland.
Are you going to be able to retire from teaching at 30 years? Most of the teachers around here do.
Have a great Sunday!
Mimi
Old 04-18-2004, 03:55 PM   #33  
Thursday Lady

A good Sunday to everyone,
Sis, how are you this weekend????? How's your weather? Have you and hubby been walking more? I bet your daughter enjoyed her Spring Break.

It's a beautiful day here in South Texas. I wish we all could be together to enjoy the sunshine here.

Tammy, how is Kramer doing? You haven't mentioned him lately.
Susan, how is your cat, Betty, doing?
My cat, Smokey, is running around the house today. He gets spurts of energy. He won't do it when I try to play. It must be on his terms. I'm so disappointed that his vet left town. She and her husband bought a practice in Seattle. A "substitute" vet drained his cyst last week. He wasn't too happy, neither was I.

I wonder if BJ will ever post again. I'm sure she'd busy with two jobs.

Maureen, how are you , girl?
Lynnie, you've been quiet.
Mini, it's nice to know more about you.
Everyone visit the Photo Thread. I just added a pic of Mini. You can "see" our newest member.
I guess that's all for now.
Tina
Old 04-18-2004, 06:25 PM   #34  

Mimi, thanks for the info about your job. I have 2 brothers who live about 2-3 miles from me in different directions. My mom had 12 brothers and sisters, and those that are still living are close. My dad had 6 b and s and those that are living are close. Lots of cousins, nieces, and nephews.

Are you near Brampton, ON? I have an e-mail friend there. She and I have talked about getting together sometime. My friends Carol, Melissa, and I have travelled to Holmes County in Ohio to the Amish country a couple of times. We have so much fun.

Yes I plan to retire after 30 years. The state has come up with a better benefit plan to stay 35 years. No way! I'm out of there.

Tina, it is sunny and gorgeous again! The wind is picking up though. Bob told Tim to take his car instead of the van because of the wind. Bob just left in my van. If I plan to go anywhere, I have to hunt up Tim's car keys. As far as I know, I'm in for the night though.

Started a book, Alibi, by Sandra Brown last night. Good book!!! I love to read.

Kramer is doing OK. We took him to the vet on Tuesday because the cyst on his face was swollen, and so was his cheek, and neck. He has been on antibiotics all week and is doing better. Took him for a shot in the behind yesterday. Sometimes he still has problems walking, but nothing like it was back in February. Thank goodness!!

I got papers graded, but I still haven't balanced the checkbook. Too bad. lol
Old 04-18-2004, 06:58 PM   #35  
Susan

Howdy ya'll,

Man did I miss a bunch today!!!

Mimi, welcome to our group. Yes, this is the GREATEST group! and extremely supportive. Wow, you live in Canada! I'm just a good ole Texas girl.

Tammy, you sure you don't want to teach until you reach 35 years? I can't believe that, down here new teachers pay goes up and us veteran teachers don't see much of a raise. I'm so glad Tim likes his job! He is such a good kid.

Tina, it's a beautiful day here too. Pat is out mowing again. With 11 acres it's normally an all day 2 person project. So he has been doing it alone.

I planted tulips when we first moved in out here. They came up the first year and that's it. I love them. There is a little old house down the road and it has tons. No one lives there.

You will be proud of me. I got out today. I went downtown Dallas to meet my brother for a crawfish boil. It was a lot of fun. I stayed for about 3 hours and was ready to come home. This sure has been a long week.

Thanks for always being there!!!!

Susan
Old 04-18-2004, 08:00 PM   #36  

Tammy; Brampton is close about 45 minutes from here close to Toronto.

All the cat talk is making me lonesome. My eldest wants to get another cat as we have been without one for about 7 years. Last summer we had to have our much loved mini schnauzer put down, and the house isn't the same without a pet. Friday night my oldest Mike took Dan and me out for dinner and we went to PetSmart afterwards and looked at the adoptable cats. He wants to get a kitten though, so that we can train it to stay inside, as we lost our last one to (cars, coyotes, creeps?)
who knows. I'm off to Home Free........Bye
Old 04-19-2004, 08:17 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone

Sorry I haven't been posting I have been lurking though. Susan, how are you doing? Tammy, nice to see your boy being able to get himself a parttime job. Do all you teachers take the summer off? Tina, sorry about your mom. My parents live in Ottawa(about 1500 miles away from me) and my Dad's not doing too well and my mom has Allzheimers(the beginning anyway). Thank God my sister lives near them and is a real big help to them. I'm hoping to go for a week in June.

The weather here was great for the weekend but no flowers yet.

I've been pretty low lately since I quit smoking I've gained at least 8 lbs. Bought a bike last weekend but the weather was so ugly last week I couldn't ride it to work.. Still doing a lot of walking though. I'm on day 78 of not smoking and I'm determined to get back on the horse and watch what I eat.

So rah rah for us and here's to another day

Maureen
Old 04-19-2004, 07:47 PM   #38  
Susan

HI there,

Hi Maureen, it's good to hear from you!!! I'm sorry about your mom. I know it's hard especially with your mom having Alzheimers. My grandmother had it. They will be in my prayers. Don't beat yourself up on your gain. Quitting smoking is a big thing.

It's gloomy and overcast here today. I went and got a manicure after school. It was very nice. Other than that not much has happened. Pat's working a little late so I quess I'll go find me something to eat.

Talk to you soon.
Susan
Old 04-20-2004, 12:34 PM   #39  
Thursday Lady

Hello, hello, hello---
It's such a nice day here.
I just returned from taking Mother for her monthly blood test. Poor Mother, she can't hear a thing and is so disoriented. Some of that may be due to not hearing. However, I think she might have suffered a mild stroke. She does not recognize friends that come to visit her--she thinks they want to move into her apartment and throw her out.
Today, she didn't remember anything about the blood test. I'm very worried about her.
Tomorrow, my sister and I are taking her to an ear dr. that the cardiologist recommends.
Thanks for letting me talk about this to y'all.

Maureen, don't be down. Please don't be down. You are to be congratulated for not smoking. You can lose that extra weight. I just know you can!!!!

Tammy, how is that crazy principal? Does Tim like working? Do his feet get tired?

Susan, I think I'll go get a manicure, too. That sounds very relaxing. This place I go some time has vibrating chairs. I might turn it on this time.

I'm doing good staying within my points. How is everyone else doing this week?????
Tina
Old 04-20-2004, 10:34 PM   #40  
Susan

Hi,

Tina,You talk anytime. That's why we are all here!!! Let us know what the doctor says. I'll be saying extra prayers.

Tammy, yeah how is that crazy principal?

Susan
Old 04-21-2004, 07:10 AM   #41  

Maureen, my first few years of teaching I had summer jobs. After those years, I took classes or workshops every summer. I haven't take anything the past few years. I've just spent time doing things here at the house or running around with family and friends.

Don't worry about those pounds! Think how much healthier you are and will continue to be without smoking.

The crazy principal is an idiot. lol We have a boy in 2nd grade who has bitten people, hit people, and kicked people. The principal has made him miss 2 recesses for all of it. He met with the parents and told them that suspension is being considered. Other kids have been suspended for less!!! I just don't understand.

I think I need to go get ready for school! I'm sitting here in my gown and I have to leave in about 5 minutes. Packed my lunch already, so the important thing is finished!!

Have a great day!!
Old 04-22-2004, 05:46 PM   #42  
Thursday Lady

Can anyone send me a few thousand dollars so I can escape to a deserted island!!!!! I've had about all the stress I can take.
The new ear dr. didn't have a clue why Mother's hearing suddenly stopped. I really wasn't very impressed with him, inspite of all his creditials.
The hearing aid center is ordering an aid that should be stronger than hers. Hopefully, it will help her. Keep your fingers crossed for us!

One thing about all this, I haven't been hungry today. I splurged on Diet Cokes yesterday ...... bad idea. However, I tried on my new skirt and it still fits. Yea!!!!!!! I guess I'll be okay, weight-wise.

Mimi, how are you doing? You've been quiet for a few days.
Everyone, please post!!!!
Old 04-24-2004, 12:00 AM   #43  
Thursday Lady

Hey, where is everyone????? Is there some Friday night party and no one invited me?
I've been so good OP today. It's sickening. I didn't get in enough water but I'll forgive myself that.

Did I tell y'all that I bought myself a new pair of shoes? I'd promised myself if/when I lost 10 pounds, I go find a sexy pair of heels. Well, I don't know how often I'll get to wear these, but they are perfect.
They are by Naturalizer and have an ankle strap. Go to Naturalizer online and you might see them. They have a pom pom-looking thing on top. They come in baby blue, pink and black. I was conservative and got black.

Hope everyone has a great OP weekend. Any plans? We're going to get out of town.
Tina
Old 04-24-2004, 07:15 AM   #44  

LOL No party for me. I worked on grading papers last night. Seems like that's all that I do sometimes.

I like Naturalizer shoes. I'll have to check out the site sometime. I was looking there not long ago. I wear Birkenstocks most of the time.

Plans for the weekend? Laundry, mowing, napping (lol), trying not to eat too much, etc.

TC
Old 04-24-2004, 09:56 AM   #45  
Susan

Hi there ya'll,

Nothing going on here. Last night was our Relay for Life walk from 7pm - 7 am. We ended up with a forecast of severe storms so I choose not to go at the very last minute. I was actually 1/2 way there. It started raining and storming about 44 min - 1 hour later. We had major storms last night. I don't know who was more scared.... the dog or me!

I'm feeling good. I went to Curves 5 days this week. I like going in the morning better than I do after school.

Tina, I'm so sorry that you didn't like the doctor and he didn't have anything to tell you. What did the cardiologist say? Remember you are in my prayers. GOOD FOR YOU!!! on those shoes!!!!! You deserve them!!!!

Tammy, I can't believe the school board hasn't gotten rid of the principal. Something is going to happen and then it will be too late. He is definately an idiot!! When do you get out of school? Our last day is May 28. I have to make sure that I have 6 hours of comp time so I don't have to go back the Tuesday after Memorial day. I have NO plans of doing that. I'll be in San Antonio for my niece's graduation.

Well, off to find something for breakfast. I wish it was cooked and waiting on me but it isn't!

Have a great day.

Susan
Closed Thread