Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2004, 09:05 PM   #16  

I WAS ABLE TO GET ON HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wonder what was happening yesterday?

yes, Tim got the job at Arby's. Thursday night he was the fry guy. He was off Friday. Last night, they had him working the drive-through window! he had to collect $, give change, and give them their food. On the job training!! He doesn't work again until Tuesday.

We are off of school until Wed. I am so glad. I can't believe how much we've gotten accomplished this weekend. Tim is writing a book report right now. I told him I'd type it when he gets finished. I type MUCH faster than he does.

That's all for now. This was a pretty good weekend for food. I didn't totally blow it at all. I wore a dress to church this morning and it fit a lot better than it used to!! Yay!
Old 04-11-2004, 09:35 PM   #17  
Susan

Yea Tammy, glad you were able to get on line. I'm so glad you have spring break. You need the time off. We were off on Friday and have to work tomorrow. I'll be taking Thurs & Fri off for my amino. That's great about Tim's job. I know he will do great.

Tina, What's th weather like down there? It's rainy and coo actually down right cold here. I like spring much better.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter.

Susan
Old 04-11-2004, 10:18 PM   #18  
Thursday Lady

Happy Easter!
Tammy, I'm glad you're back online today. Doesn't it feel great to get into something that was too tight!!!!!

Susan, we had a bad storm last night. We were afraid a tornado was going to hit our area. Fortunately, it passed us by. And, yes , it's getting very cold here. I want my 80 degree weather back.

Sis, I agree with you about that Easter grass. I keep finding it everywhere in the house and I don't know how it got there.

Take care everyone. Stay dry and warm tomorrow.
Tina
Old 04-12-2004, 07:37 AM   #19  

Wearing that dress and having it fit better made me realize that I really have lost weight! lol I know the scales show a lower number, but when I look at myself I really don't see a change.

80's would be nice. If we get up to 60 right now, it's wonderful! It was almost 70 a couple days last week. We've had a couple days when I thought there might be a tornado watch out, but nothing. Our town was hit by one back in the early 90's, so it really makes you pay more attention to the weather. Hope it's nice on Wed. We're supposed to work at the estate and hopefully get the purple martin houses up. The end of the project is near!!!!! lol

I keep thinking this is Saturday! I'm meeting Carol and Melissa (my shopping buddies) for breakfast at 9:30. Tim has drum lessons at 10. Then we are free for the rest of the day. I'm sure I'll be typing his report. He needs to update some things for me to type into his Eagle information on the computer. That should keep us busy for a while. Then, Maybe a nap!!!!! I just got up and I'm thinking about a nap already. Silly me.

Susan, I'll be thinking of you Th. and F. Not that I don't always think about you guys! lol
Old 04-12-2004, 11:23 AM   #20  
Thursday Lady

Rain, rain, go away! 'don't come again another day--any time soon!

We had to go out and pick up little limbs and leaves in our front yard yesterday evening. Larry had just mowed and trimmed and it had looked so nice!
It's raining again this morning. At least it's not coming down hard and it is supposed to stop soon.....for the rest of the week.

I took our cat in to get his cyst drained and nails trimmed. When I made the appt., I didn't realize that school was out today and the vet wouldn't be taking clients. There was some sub there with her assistant. Smokey was not amused . At least, we don't have to go back for a month. Then, I'll make sure we get the vet we want.
Susan, how is your cat, Betty?
Tammy, have a great day doing as little as possible.
Sis, I wish you had the day off to goof off.

I'm going to get to the store for some groceries. I'm eating as little as possible today. So far, I've had hot tea and 1/2 c. of applesauce. Oh, and my Diet Coke.

Tina
Old 04-13-2004, 05:08 PM   #21  
Thursday Lady

How is everyone doing today?
It was cool this morning, but, it actually felt kinda good.

My mother is having more health problems. She is very hard of hearing and wears an aid. Yesterday after breakfast, she just couldn't hear anymore. I took her to check the hearing aid and it was working fine. They sent us to an ENT dr. who looked at her, took some wax out of her ear and did a hearing test. (I wasn't impressed.) He said he couldn't do anything.
I'm trying to get her an appt. with the neurologist. This is not easy. I'm waiting for a cancelation. Her heart dr. doesn't think it's stroke-related and is sending her to a "good" ear dr. We shall see. So, that's what I've been doing and worrying about for a day and a half.

I did pretty good OP yesterday and so far today.
Old 04-13-2004, 07:28 PM   #22  

It was snowing here earlier today! Our last day of spring break and I was wearing a heavy coat!

Tina, sorry about your mom and her hearing. I hope you can get in to a neurologist soon. I understand your worrying, belive me.

Today has been a good food day.
Old 04-13-2004, 09:00 PM   #23  
Susan

Hi Friends,

Wow snowing!!! I can't believe it! And I thought the 50's was cold. BRRRRRRR!!!!!!

Tammy, did you enjoy your break? Did Tim get all of the bird feeders up?

Tina, You and your mom are in my prayers. Hopefully there will be a cancellation tomorrow!!

I'm doing good. One my day til my amnio. I'll be glad when it's over. I know ya'll are tired of hearing me say something bout it. I had my observation today at school. Glad that's over with too. One of my friends gave me the heads up that the principal was coming.

Have a relaxing evening.

Susan
Old 04-14-2004, 07:45 PM   #24  

Break was wonderful!!! Too short of course!

The bases of the martin houses are on the poles, and the poles are now in cement that is hardening as we speak. lol We need to go back and put the top sections and the roof sections on after the cement hardens. Feels great having that much finished. The caretakers are hilarious. We've had a great time working with them.

Susan, we're not sick of hearing about anything!!!! You just keep right on talking to us, you hear me???????

I think since this principal has been at our school (6 years), he has only observed me twice. (if that)
Old 04-17-2004, 12:23 PM   #25  
Susan

Hi everyone,

Hope you are having a restful Saturday. I'm doing very little but trying to keep my mind busy. So far it doesn't seem to be working.

They caught the 3 guys that committed 4 murders 5 weeks ago. The scary thing is one is a former student. He used to be such a good kid, played football, etc. He is 22, and the others were in their late 20's and 30's. I'm just glad they have been caught.

Susan
Old 04-17-2004, 01:08 PM   #26  

I'm glad they caught those guys. How awful for everyone, but at least they are caught. There was a case near here recently where a man was finally arrested for a murder from 2-3 years ago. A guy killed his best friend. Not sure why.

Keeping busy is good. Read a good book, play some music, go for a walk, call a friend, and on and on.

I've been working on laundry so far today. Tim and I went out for lunch between doing different chores. He has to work from 4-8:30 today. Need to figure out what Bob and I are having for supper and run to the store.
Old 04-17-2004, 05:13 PM   #27  
Thursday Lady

It's Saturday afternoon and it's beautiful weather here! I'd like to share it with everyone.

I've been taking it pretty easy today. I thought I was catching a cold when I woke up. My throat was scratchy and my ears were stopped up. I'm fine now. Stress does that to me sometimes.
I went to see about my mother. She can hear sounds that her hearing aid make but can't hear voices and words. Because of her stroke, she is confused a lot. I feel really sorry for her. At least she doesn't realize that she's confused. (If that makes any sense.)
My sister is taking a half day off from school so she can go with us on Wednesday to the ear doctor. I'm glad so I don't have all the responsibility.

Susan, get outside some. Do something with your hands. That keeps your mind busy on other things.
Tina
Old 04-17-2004, 05:52 PM   #28  
Susan

It's beautiful here too! I just came in from being outside for about an hour. I sat watching Pat work on his new chain saw, watered the flowers and sat in my swing. I love to swing, as my mom and I saw "sitting and popping grapes." We did it alot growing up and still is my favorite thing to do with her.

Tina, I'm so glad your sister is going with you on Wed. You need the support!! Wish I was closer to you. I remember when my grandmother was confused, at least she could tell bits and pieces of a story (ones that we had heard a dozen of times so we could fill in the blanks. Ya'll are in my prayers.

Well, off to see what else I can do outside or find to do in here. All of the clothes are clean. Lesson plans are done. Even my checkbook is balanced

You guys are the best!!!! You are true friends!!! I am thankful I have you!

Susan
Old 04-17-2004, 07:42 PM   #29  

Crap. Why did you mention balancing the checkbook? I knew there was something else that I wanted to get done today!!! I also haven't finished grading some math papers. I think Kramer and I will go sit on the glider on the porch and get the papers graded. The checkbook just might have to wait until tomorrow.

It was even beautiful in Ohio today! At least at our house! Sunshine, light breeze. Tim and I worked outside after we took K to the vet. I also took a nice nap. I put the screens in today, so I have all of the windows open. Haven't done the family room yet. Those windows are HUGE and I don't think my arms are strong enough right now to carry them. I'm a wimp lately.

Susan, we are thankful that we have you too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-18-2004, 12:28 PM   #30  

Good Morning
Its wonderful to have a day off. I was planning to do some outside work today but when I woke up at 8:00 it was so dark out I thought it was 4:00.
It rained very hard for a few hours now there are mucky puddles everywhere. Thank goodness for the rain though, they have been putting in a new sewer line in behind our house and the dust was unbearable. My tulips are starting to bloom and the grass can wait to be fertilized.
I work as a personal support worker in home care, mostly with seniors. I am separated and have two great boys. My oldest Mike decided after a year at college that he wanted to try working, and he just got a job working at a nearby restaurant that is opening up. He will be able to walk to and from work. Dan is going into grade 12, he will be in high school for two more years, then off to do who knows what. I am patiently waiting for him to reinstall the program on the computer for downloading his digital camera. We had to reformat a couple of weeks ago, and not everything is reinstalled yet.
I have been reading the messages trying to get to know you all. I'm looking forward to it. Talk to you soon.
Mimi
Closed Thread