Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2004, 09:57 AM   #1  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Red face Fresh Start Monday

It's time for me to make a fresh start. BBIAB to post.
Old 03-22-2004, 10:42 AM   #2  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Morning Jess! I am with you on the fresh start thing. Love the title I wasn't able to post on THurs or Fri. due to masses of paperwork! DH And I had a fabulous anniversary this wknd. He tried to send me flowers to work on Friday and remembered that I was at another unit. When he tried to send them to that unit they said that was out of their delivery area AND then he had them sent to our house on Saturday and I wasn't home I did finally get them though and they are GORGEOUS. He also bought some other little cutesy relaxation stuff (Mag's that I love, candles, slippers, etc) and then took me out to dinner and dessert. We had a wonderful time and we relit our unity candle. We were that cheezy romantic couple and it was SO fun.

So what is up with everyone else.

Lori~ Congrats on the 3 lbs. You are kicking butt. Florida better watch out

KT~ I am with you on allergy season. It is so gross. I am going to go get and "official" allergy test and see what I am allergic to specifically so that I can be happier this spring/summer. I always just take my allegra 2x/day and I would like to get off that habit if I don't need them.

ModLori~ Congrats on marriage! That stinks abou your BCP. I love Yasmin, if that is an option for you.

Belle~ Let us know how the mtg with your boss went.

Allie~ Sorry about all of the stress as of late. I too would love to escape to some warm weather. I hear the ocean calling us

Well as far as food goes. It is a new week tommorrow and I am so glad. DH told me that he would work out with me tonight so I will stick to that plan. Other than that not much else here.

Does anyone know how many grams of carbs you are supposed to have in a day? My sister's friends' dr. said 90 in order to lose weight and 120 in order to maintain. Anyone else know? I just know I am a carb addict and although I don't wish to cut them out I need to balance my meals. Ok BBL!
Old 03-22-2004, 11:46 AM   #3  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Good Morning!

Good morning, everyone!! It's Monday, the beginning of a new week and time for me to make a fresh start. I've been feeling really frustrated lately because I can't seem to get my eating under control. I'll have two good weeks, then four bad ones. My mindset isn't right, but there hasn't been anything I can do to make it right. I'm doing the exercise, because I enjoy it, but my eating has been far from good. I've been toying with the idea of doing a different diet. Research has shown that they all work and I've found that I do really well with something new. For example, during my first six months on WW, I lost 40 lbs. Once it started getting old, I didn't do so well and I'm still not doing very well. I was really excited when they came out with the FlexPoints system, because it was something new. Unfortunately, for some reason, that program caused me to gain weight. So, I was doing the old program, but for some reason, I just can't get my mindset in the right place. For example, I was up the last two weeks at WI. This week, rather than eat OP, I ate more irresponsibly than I have since I started WW over two years ago. Why? I don't know, but I feel ashamed and icky.

Also, I had my blood drawn last Monday and I rec'd the report on Saturday. My cholesterol is high. Which has me a smidgen stressed, because I don't eat anything that would cause it to be high. I rarely even eat meat, and if I do, it's usually chicken or turkey. I don't eat ice cream, full fat dairy products, or regular potato chips. Basically, all of the suggestions for things that would help lower my cholesterol are things I already do. It has me a little worried, because I don't know how else to lower it.

The high cholesterol and disgusting eating last night are the reasons that I decided to make today a fresh start. I sat and made a list of my goals, gave myself specific (realistic) goal achievement dates, and I feel confident that I can achieve those goals and already I feel a little proud.

So, today is day one of my fresh start Monday. Here's what I'm planning for myself today:
Breakfast was 1 cup of Capn Crunch (nothing like a healthy start to the day, LOL)
Lunch will be a turkey sandwich on reduced calorie bread, and a lettuce salad with FF Italian dressing.
For a snack in the afternoon, I'll have an apple and Diet Coke.
Dinner will be a 6" turkey sandwich (I'm going to have to learn to live without cheese, I think) from Subway (since I'm working tonight) and Baked Lays and a pile of veggies with salt, pepper, oregano, and vinegar.
I'll also have to have my calcium supplements, since I'm not planning any dairy today.

I'm not going to count points for awhile. I just want to learn to eat better without that crutch, ya know?

Do you guys wanna hear my goals that I've set up for myself? You do? Great!
By April 8, I will be right at 180. (Which, if my scale is correct, is 6 lbs. I haven't changed my signature because I don't want to. I'm sorry, I just can't).
By May 15, I will lose another 10 lbs, putting me at 170.
By July 1, I will lose an additional 10 lbs, and be at 160.
By September 1, 10 more lbs gone and I'll be at 150.
By November 1, I will lose 10 more lbs and be at 140. And at 140, I'll probably stop. Unless I can lose 5 more and be 135. 135 has always sounded like the perfect weight to me.

Anyway, that's what that is. I'm sorry I'm so chatty today, but I just am.

Yesterday, I was cleaning and picked up something off the bathroom floor and all of a sudden, this ENORMOUS garden spider comes running out. I'm normally pretty calm about that sort of thing, but this spider really was very large, and it really caught me off-guard, so I leaped up on the toilet and started screaming my head off. Poor Aaron thought I had hurt myself and came running into the bathroom, sees me on the toilet screaming and pointing, comes to screeching halt and tries to figure out what's going on. I pointed to the offending monster and Aaron promptly took care of it. I was too scared to get off the toilet because the carcass was between me and the door, so poor Aaron (my big strong, handsome BF) lifted me off the toilet and carried me into my bedroom to sit me on the bed, then went and flushed the spider. I don't know if I've ever been so scared in my life.

To make things worse, I'm still all paranoid that there's more spiders in my apartment. I was getting my bag ready to bring to work this morning, when what happens? Another dang spider comes running out of my bag. Luckily, it wasn't nearly as large as the one yesterday, but it scared me enough to make me do a little scream before killing it. Oh, I just hate spiders.

Saturday, my best friend from high school and I went shopping and then got some jazzy acrylic nails done. I always feel so fancy when I have my nails done all nice. They're a little longer than I would like, so I'll get them trimmed when I go for a fill. We went with the French manicure look, so they're sort of natural looking. I just feel prettier with my nails done. So, I've decided that I'm going to reward myself with pretty-ing up things when I reach my different goals. For my May goal, I'm going to do a litte tanning (just enough to get a little color for summer--I don't want to be a leatherface). For my July goal, I want to get some sort of color treatment that will make my hair a little more noticeable. I have thick, pretty hair but the color is a little blah. For my September goal, I'm doing some major shoe shopping. And for my November goal, it's serious clothes shopping time.

Oh my gosh, you guys this is SO long. I'm going to go get a little work done now. See ya!
Old 03-22-2004, 01:25 PM   #4  
Proud Canadian

Jess - I was almost peeing my pants laughing at the thought of you on the toilet screaming and pointing at a spider. That said, I was putting my shoes in a shoe rack over 2 months ago when a spider ran under the shoes and I pretty much haven't gone near the closet since - so I know how you feel about the evil monsters.

Becky - sounds like you had a nice weekend - those are sweet presents.

I didn't do much this weekend. Hung out, watched movies, played on the computer. I was at my friends place Saturday and we had to call the cops because some drunk guy was standing in front of her place swearing and yelling and there's a lot of kids in the complex. Turns out the cops were looking for him after he had been reported to be in the area so we directed them to him and they took him away. I watched Hidalgo yesterday at a matinee - I love Viggo, and horses - so there really couldn't have been a more perfect movie. I go back to volleyball tonight (after 2 months off because of this stupid ankle) and I am terribly excited - let's hope that and a vigilant week sees a loss at the scales on Saturday...

I'll BBL

KT
Old 03-22-2004, 05:33 PM   #5  

Default Hi all!

I am here, a bit late, but here...the weekend was ok-I worked on Sat and MIL was here...had my day off BFL on Saturday and ate Italian food MIL brough chocolates that are still in the house-pure evil that I need to get rid of!! I ran 5 miles on Sunday and so far have stuck to plan today, did lower extremity workout(lifting) today. this is Day # 12 for me...I WI again on Thursday....can;t wait to fit into my jeans again!!! that is my current goal. We leave for Florida this Saturday-I can't wait!! Of course, that means I'll have to be seen in a bathing suit, but I have a cute infant to hold in front of me

Jess-That spider story is great-my DH is like that about spiders-he hates them-makes me kill them all Your goals sound good-tough though. We will be here for you every step of the way!

KT have fun at V Ball!

Grace-Not sure about the carbs-I know you are supposed to have your body weight in grams of protein-mine is 169 grams of protein per day...
Old 03-22-2004, 05:50 PM   #6  
Eve's Mom

Just thought I'd share...toilets and creepy crawlies, which Jess has started....

In Cuba, we were in our hotel room adn I was on the toilet when a cochroach walked by. It was about 1 inch by 2 inches, I kid you not. So, since I was mid-pee I just screamed "cochroach! Cochroach!" and DF ran in and smacked him with a shoe - he explodd and I was freaking out, but unable to run, as I was bear-bummed on the toilet....

just had to share.

Gotta run, BBL
Closed Thread