Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 09:48 PM   #46  
Thursday Lady

Evening all,
Tammy, you were talking about having a blood test. Do needles bother you? If I don't watch, I'm okay. I've had to take my mother so many times since her stroke and I watch them do it to her.

Update on my car problems-----we took it back in because it was idling rough when the "fixed" a/c was turned on. They said it was okay. Okay----we went after it this afternoon. It wasn't okay---it was the same. The guy tried to say it was because the car was getting old.
He changed his tune when he actually listened to it himself and then was concerned.
We take it back in next Monday!
I would love to trade it in right now for a Chrysler Crossfire. Those are so sporty. I know, Tina, dream on.

How is everyone doing tonight? Let me hear from ya,
Tina
Old 03-16-2004, 10:19 PM   #47  
Susan

Hi,

Tina, sorry to hear more car problems!!! Boo!!!!

School was strange today and yesterday. I'm sure it will be tomorrow as well. The 2 highschool boys have their funerals tomorrow. They still don't know what or why the murders happened. Police think that the boys showed up at the wrong time and place and were caught in the middle. It's so sad!!!

I'm going on a field trip tomorrow with the spanish class. I just found out as I was walking out the door. It should be fun, we are going to see the Picasso exhibit at the Nasher scultpure museum. I'll let you know about it.

Today is our 19th anniversary. To celebrate we had pimento cheese sandwiches!!
Now we are watching NYPD Blue. I know you guys are all jealous of our romantic evening

Have a safe evening.
Susan
Old 03-17-2004, 10:16 AM   #48  
Thursday Lady

Default Happy St. Patrick's Day

Happy St. Patty's Day to All!
Susan, Happy belated Anniversary. Boy, y'all know how to party, don't you. May you and Pat have many, many more anniversaries.

I hope this is a good "wearing of the green" day. Even if you don't have any Irish blood in ya, it's fun to wear green. My heritage is Scot-Irish and French.
I think I'll go buy some cabbage and fix it and cornbread for supper. Yummy!
For lunch, I'll have some of our 0 pt. veggie soup.

Have a great day,
Tina
Old 03-18-2004, 01:35 PM   #49  
Thursday Lady

Did y'all do something special for yesterday?

I've been out planting plugs of grass in our backyard. I think our neighbors' sprinkler system has a leak like last year. Some of our yard, near theirs, is boggy. It made it easy to plant the grass but I don't want it to get as bad as it did last time. It was a mess before we noticed how bad it was.
Good luck staying OP today.

Old 03-18-2004, 03:32 PM   #50  

HEY!! Where's my message from last night? I posted about not being afraid of needles, and other stuff. Hmmmmmm.

Tina, buy a new car. I'll help you shop for it!!!

Susan, I can't imagine how awful school is for everyone after the murders. we've had students die in car accidents, etc., but never a murder.

You really know how to party!!! Sounds like us sometimes.

My special something for yesterday was falling on the ice when I was going into the school in the morning. I stayed home today. Pretty achy all over. My head has finally stopped hurting.

We've had rain, snow, and fog today. Expecting fog again in the morning according to the weather reports. We have an in-service in the morning, so the students are already on a 2-hour delay. If it's bad enough, we'll cancel the in-service. (Come on fog!!!!) lol

That's all for now.
Old 03-18-2004, 09:28 PM   #51  
Susan

Hi,
Wow!! It's been beautiful here!!! Wish it was like this all the time.

Tammy, hope you are feeling better. You might soak in a nice warm tub with epsom salt. That should help the soreness.

Tina, it has been awful with a quadruple murder. At least they found Matt's truck. The murder(s) stole his truck. The horrible thing is that the high school boys were great kids!!! You couldn't find kinds any nicer!!!

I've had a migraine since yesterday. I think it's been the stress and something I ate. It's been hard not taking anything for it. I went to the chiropractor today and that helped. He even recommended me coming once a month until I have the baby. He said it would help when I go into labor. I thought that was interesting.

Ya'll have a great evening.

Susan
Old 03-18-2004, 09:35 PM   #52  

Susan, I've heard that before about chiropractors! I'm considering going once a month for a while myself for a while. Right now I think it would be a good idea after the fall yesterday morning. I took a nice hot shower today. it felt great.

Stress can do so many things to our bodies. Please be careful!
Old 03-19-2004, 04:22 PM   #53  
Thursday Lady

Happy Friday,
Tammy, I'm so sorry that you fell. I didn't know anyone posted and didn't see about you until now. Sorry.
I hope you can rest this weekend. Remember that word----REST.....

Susan, I'm sure stress played a large part in your headache. You just HAVE to take care of yourself, girl.

BJ, have you completely forgotten about us???

Sis, Is it still snowing?
Maureen, what's up with you???

Old 03-19-2004, 06:18 PM   #54  

Tina, rest will happen sometime this weekend! I'm chaperoning the band to contest tomorrow. We leave at 11 and should be back to town about 5:30. Have to take Kramer for another shot at 9:15, so at least I can sleep in some. Sunday I have no plans yet. Hooray!

Today's in-service was a waste of time for the math teachers. The two people in charge wanted us to do things that we've already done this year at our math meetings. They wouldn't listen to us that we had already done what they wanted us to do. One of them was the principal. Big shock? We were NOT happy. We wanted to work on Science and Social Studies since we teach those subjects also, but they kept pushing the math.

I think I'm going to try to get all of my school work done tonight so I don't have to do anything the rest of the weekend.
Old 03-20-2004, 09:44 AM   #55  
Susan

Hi Ya'll,

I have to tell you about my weekend. I'm in a wedding. Last night was the rehearsal. There was so much confusion. Then we went to Olive Garden, no reservations for 30 people and we had to pay for our own meal. I just laughed. Then the wedding is at 4 today, I am suppose to be at the church at 10:30 for hair and makeup. Pictures at 2 and wedding at 4. The reception is going to be at a hotel with a dance, etc..... Pat had me practice saying "NO" today. It was so funny!!! I can't believe being there all day!! I'll just be glad when it's all over with.

Pat tilled my garden yesterday. So tomorrow I'm going to plant it!!! I can't wait to get it going. I love working in the garden and gathering my goodies.

Have a great weekend and I'll post tomorrow.
Susan
Old 03-20-2004, 10:52 PM   #56  
Thursday Lady

Hi group, I'm going to start a new Chatters thread. See you over there!!!!
Tina
Closed Thread