Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 02:50 PM   #1  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Thumbs down Fabulous 40's and then some...#154

30 minutes on the treadmill this morning.

Hope those of you who are off on President's Day are enjoying their holiday!

~Jen
Old 02-16-2004, 06:08 PM   #2  

I found it! LOL Yes, enjoying the day. There is a chance of some snow this evening. I'll post more later. Hope all is well!

Donna
Old 02-17-2004, 10:23 AM   #3  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

Good morning buddies

Jen - Great going on the threadmill Its cool to find something you like to do as far as exercise is concerned. I walked in the park on Saturday, did the video on Sunday and bowled last night, so I think I'm doing okay. I tried the new ww dvd that my center finally gave out on Saturday. I like it - it has a few more different steps and moves than the watp tape and its a little more fun and more challenging - with the music etc. So, I'm gonna do that one for awhile. I still haven't tried the 3 mile watp tape, so that will be next, when I'm ready.

Es- Did you try the ww dvd yet? How are you amiga? I hear we're in for some more snow tonight/tomorrow? YUK!!!!

Sandy - I'm glad to hear that Greg is feeling a little better. Slowly, but surely.

Hi Terri - How are you guys doing? Is Britts still doing ww? How's it going for her?

Hi Ruthie - How's school? Are you on break now? How are the gorgeous grandchilren?

Hey Donna - how's it going? When is your trip? And where did you decide to go?

Hi to ZoeGirl and Janie - Wish you guys would come in a say hi - we miss you!

Well, gotta get back to work - talk to you's later.

Hugs,

Dianne

Last edited by dpadro; 02-17-2004 at 10:26 AM.
Old 02-17-2004, 11:28 AM   #4  

Hello! All is going better. Still trying to decongest myself! LOL

Jen, I meant to tell you that we have a treadmill also and they are great if they are used. I was fortunate to inherit one from my Dad who never used his so I didn't have to buy one and it is very good for when you can't walk outside due to the weather.

Dianne, we decided on Nassau, New Providence Island and we are leaving March 3rd! I can't wait. I tried on a pair of shorts I've been wanting to be able to wear again for YEARS and guess what???? They fit perfectly!!! I was so happy.

We didn't get the snow but the weather is still very dreary and cold. It is supposed to warm up by the end of the week. I need !!

Hello to you all and have a great day!

Donna
Old 02-17-2004, 11:44 AM   #5  

Hi Guys!!!
I hope everyone had a great Valentines Day.
Bruce gave me a shopping spree because he has something big planned for my 45th birthday next month.
I also got the Sting love songs CD and the candle from Victoria's secret that Robin was showing on Dr. Phil.

Dianne,
Britts is doing great. She lost 6 so far since we came back from Ohio. She is excited. She is giving up breads for Lent so it will drop off now.
I love the High Intensity one on the WW DVD. The Moderate intensity has more workouts for the arms.
Great loss Dianne. Do you realize that is 40 sticks of butter? Oh excuse me 40 sticks and and about a TBS of another. Can't forget that .2

Sandy,
What a great loss. "Weigh" to go. Great workouts.
I feel for your mom. I know I will want to live independently when I grow older but it may not be possible. Good luck to all of you.
That is wonderful about Greg. I am so glad he feels happy. He is lucky to have you.

Jen,
WooHooo about the treadmill. I still love mine after all of these years. Way to go Joe. YAY!!!!

ES,
HI! How are you and the birthday boy and pups and kitty doing?

I did the treadmill for 30 mins. and the Bowflex for at least 45 min.-1 hour. Got a Dr. Appt. at 1:00 I hate that.
I will hopefully get on Synthroid.

TTYL!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg terri kittyval.jpg (32.6 KB, 9 views)
Old 02-17-2004, 01:15 PM   #6  
Queen of the Fresh Start

35 minutes on the treadmill this morning.

Sorry to hear those of you on the East coast are expecting snow. They're predicting 45 degrees here on Thursday and Friday...that's a heat wave!

Everyone is stepping up with their exercise, that's great to hear. And so motivational. Es's idea of posting our daily exercise is a good one. Es, where are you?

Have a lot of errands to run. I'm stocking up at the bookstore today in the event I can't get around after the surgery on Friday....it's actually a great excuse to buy books, my other passion besides food

~Jen
Old 02-17-2004, 01:31 PM   #7  
ole

I don't know if I am going at this the right way or not. This board is so differnt from what I am used to. I have this real need to lose the weight that I gained when I quit smoking so thought all of you maybe could help. Right now I am pretty lost.
ole
Old 02-18-2004, 12:25 AM   #8  

Ole,
Hi!!!!!!!!! We would love to help you and you help us. We talk about a lot of different things because it all ties into weight. Can't wait to hear more from you.
Where you from? I am Terri and I am living in Huntsville, Al. right now. I have a wonderful husband, Bruce and three great kids Brittany, Brandon and Bradley. 17, 12 & 10. I lost 60 pounds in 1.5 yrs. slow but steady.
I am now trying to keep it off.

Jen,
Yes. Great idea to post the exercise. Thanks Es!!!!
Exercise is the only thing that keeps the plateaus away.
Treadmill- 30 min. with different inclines and an avg. of 3.3 MPH.
Bowflex- Worked every muscle. 45 mins.
I am reading a book called Emma's Secret by Barbara Taylor Bradford. It is a thick book. I can't wait to figure out the secret. It has like 600 pages I think.
I hope everything goes well with your foot. Enjoy reading.

TTYL,
Terri
Old 02-18-2004, 06:58 AM   #9  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Terri,
ouch, I was happy to have a speed of 2.2 yesterday on the treadmill! I am looking forward to increasing as each week goes by. I used to walk a mile in 15 minutes, so that's what...4 mph? Your average is 3.3, so you're doing very well. I know I'm in the "honeymoon" phase and it's new, but I really do love it.
What's with the Synthroid, did the dr. prescribe it for you? My sister has been on it for years.

Ole,
welcome to our group. Congratulations on having quit smoking! Hope we hear more from you soon.

Donna,
Nassau will be wonderful. I bet you can't wait to go! What a great feeling to have those shorts fit You'll look good!

Dianne,
Does WW sell the dvd or is it given only to members? I would love WATP with only music, no talking....it gets to me after a while to hear the same things

HI ES! SANDY! RUTH!

~Jen
Old 02-18-2004, 07:30 AM   #10  

Welcome, Ole! My name is Donna and I have been following the Weight Watchers online program since mid-July. On quitting smoking. I too have been down that road. This site is an excellent tool for encouragement and support and very important because this is not easy.

Now, I need to tell you all something...

I reached my GOAL today!
Old 02-18-2004, 08:17 AM   #11  

Hi Buddies,

Welcome OLE Congratulations on quitting smoking, I think that is one of the hardest habits to kick! I hope you will join our group. We all struggle to find what works best for us, and find great support and friendship here.

Jen, you are doing so great with the treadmill, do you use anything to pass the time while you are on it? TV or music? I listen to music with a good beat to keep up my rhythm. I usually make a mix of oldies rock to listen to on my MP3 player.

Donna! Fantastic! You look mahvelous!Woohoo!!

Hi Dianne, Es, Terri, I just realized I have to rush off to take Greg to a rehearsal, I hope I can drop back in later.

Sandy

Last edited by Sandancy; 02-18-2004 at 08:22 AM.
Old 02-18-2004, 10:10 AM   #12  
Queen of the Fresh Start

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! TO DONNA FOR REACHING GOAL!What a great accomplishment.

Sandy,
I'm watching tv as I use the treadmill. During the day I can usually find an hour long rerun of Law & Order, etc., which keeps me engrossed in the story and the time passes quickly.

Am out the door for a haircut...just wanted to pop in and say congrats to Donna.

~Jen
Old 02-18-2004, 10:40 AM   #13  

Donna!
WOW! That is great. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!
Now comes the hard part. You can keep it off.

Jen,
How is the hair? I am coloring mine today. I got a little auburn warmth for it.
I either watch TV or listen to my ipod while using the treadmill.
As for the synthroid I have hypothyroid. He said this should help with my weight as well. Gets the body back in rhythm.
I have to really work to keep this off. Maybe it will be a little easier.

Hi Ole, Sandy, Dianne, Es and Ruth. Zoe, where are you?

Have a great day girls.
Terri
Old 02-18-2004, 11:15 AM   #14  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

CONGRATULATIONS, DONNA - that's awesome girl!!! You must be on I remember how I felt 8 years ago when I reached goal. Great job! Also, congrats on getting into those shorts - and sounds like a great trip - enjoy!

Jen - The ww exercise dvd was given out as a promotion to all members, which ended on 1/31. However, since my center didn't get the materials in until February - I didn't get mine until last saturday. It also comes with a fast track 2 week menu. I haven't done that part yet. Glad you're still in the honeymoon phase with the treadmill. How are your toes feeling - does the treadmill affect them? How did the haircut go?

Terri - Too funny about the 40 sticks of butter plus a tbsp. I've never thought of it that way! I remember my old center used to have boxes piled up to represent 5 lbs., 10 lbs., etc. of lost weight. That was cool, because you could visualize how much you actually lost when you looked at those boxes. Britts is doing great - wish her luck for me!

Ole- Welcome and congrats on quitting smoking - that's a huge accomplishment. Are you on ww program?

Es, amiga - how are you - where are you? Glad we didn't get that snow they talked about

Hi Sandy, Ruthie, ZoeGirl and Janie

Well, Willie is leaving for a trip to Puerto Rico - he has musician friends that he's known since he was a kid and they are celebrating 30 years in the music business and having a huge celebration. He's been waffling about going/not going. I think he's worried about me being alone - cause I'm such a chicken - but I keep telling him I'll be fine. Anyway, when a couple of his friends found out he wasn't going, they called him up and talked him into it. I hope he goes - I know he really wants to. Alana said she plans on coming home this weekend, so I would only be alone for about 3 nights I'll manage. I don't want him to look back regretting that he didn't go.

Well, let me get back to work - everyone have a great day.

Hugs,
Dianne

Last edited by dpadro; 02-18-2004 at 11:20 AM.
Old 02-18-2004, 11:20 AM   #15  

Dianne,
That is sweet that he was worried about you. I hope he has a good time.
Our WW center sells the exercise DVD or the tapes by the levels. Have fun with Alana. I know you will.

TTYL,
Terri
Closed Thread