Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2004, 08:39 AM   #1  
Cockeyed Optimist

Default FanFreakingTastic Friday

Lately I don't know if I like Friday with it's anitcipation of a day off or Saturday the actual day off better.

I wasn't able to make it to yoga last night (work related) but I did Cardio Sculpt this morning and enjoyed it. I'm really glad that I got the 12lb weights. It makes such a difference.

Well, I've got 2 OP days under my belt now and some of the fluff is disappearing which is always gratifying. I have a couple of eating challenges today. First, I purchased girl scout cookies from the daughter of a colleague and they were delivered today. Second, there is a pitch-in for lunch. I'm handling the girl scout cookies by putting them in a drawer. Hopefully, out of sight, out of mind. If not, I'll run them out to the trunk of my car. I brought taco soup for the pitch-in but since I had it yesterday for lunch, I don't really want it again today. Not sure if I'm just going to eat as best I can at the pitch-in or spend the money for something "safe" at the cafeteria. Either way, I ate fewer points for breakfast to help out.

I loved yesterday's thread. Hope you all can find a minute to hop on and share your weightloss/fitness successes and challenges today.
Old 02-13-2004, 09:13 AM   #2  

I had weigh in today and I am down a half a pound since Monday...I'll take it. I went out drinking 3 times already this week, and ate plenty of non "South Beach acceptable" foods, so I'm glad for the loss. Last night I went to a happy hour that was serving appitizers, and while I got one of everything that looked good to me (chicken tender, eggroll, mini quiche), I really only ate the chicken (picked some of the breading off) and had a bite of the other two. They didn't taste good enough to be worth it. I took extra servings of crudite and had a small peice of cheese. That was pretty much dinner, not counting all the beer No good news about the boy, he didn't show and turns out he has a girlfriend. Not a huge deal, just frustrating. Oh well, on to the next! I'm not going to go near the kitchen this morning because usually donuts and bagels are brought in on fridays. I already had my turkey bacon and string cheese. I might go out again tonight, so I'll need to save up some calories for the beer. I probably sound like and alcoholic, promise I'm not!

Laura, I won't even ask what kind of girl scout cookies they are - I can eat a whole box of thin mints, no problem. This might be a wierd question, but did you buy them to eat them yourself? If you have such restraint, more power to you! I would love to be able to have a box of cookies and just eat one, or just a serving, but that would never happen! Putting them in your trunk is a good idea though! I guess just see what they have at lunch for the pitch-in. I have no problems eating the same thing 2 days in a row, but maybe there will be another good choice, or something you could supplement some soup with.

ok, BBL
Old 02-13-2004, 09:37 AM   #3  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Laura, that's awesome you went to the gym this morning. I can never seem to get up early enough, so I go in the afternoon. But that can be dangerous, because most afternoons I'd rather go home and veg out. I would need the cookies as far away as possible. I have little self-control

Lexxy - Yay for the half pound. That's great. Any loss is awesome (loss of weight that is). Sounds like you handled the appetizers well. Finger foods are a downfall for me. I'm better at the out of site, out of mind approach. If it's not around I won't eat it... so same with the girl scout cookies. I love Samoas.

So, exercised yesterday, ate at my point target, so I should have all 35 flex points to use for Valentine's Day dinner. I DID NOT GO TO THE ICE CREAM SOCIAL! Which was huge for me. There was a free ice cream social in our cafeteria. I didn't go... although it was hard because everyone in my group was bringing back huge sundays to their cubes. With chocolate sauce, nuts and whipped cream... I was dying. But I just didn't go. I think I saved at least 10 points there. UGH!

Anyway, off to work.

Lisa
Old 02-13-2004, 09:56 AM   #4  
Cockeyed Optimist

Lexxy - Congrats on the 1/2 lb. WTG! Maybe you can save calories by alternating beer and water tonight. I didn't buy the cookies with the intention of eating them. I usually buy a few boxes each year from girls I know though - it just seems like the right thing to do.

Lisa - Free ice cream and you didn't eat any? I am so completely in awe. I can never, ever pass up ice cream - my only saving grace is that I like plain vanilla with no toppings. I do best working out in the AM - it's hard for something else to interfere - and I don't have to leave the house. I find the life gets in the way of PM work-outs.

I've got good news that I want to share. CB & I just signed up for a MS Walk 5K walk at the end of March. My 18yr old cousin has MS so I try to do the walk since shen was diagnosed. I'm touched that CB is doing it with me - that boy doesn't walk from the couch to the TV to change the channel!! I'm really excited about this!
Old 02-13-2004, 10:23 AM   #5  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Laura, that's great you are doing the MS walk..One day I want to do the 3-day walk for Breast Cancer... its sounds like so much fun and ios such a good cause.

What does CB stand for?
Old 02-13-2004, 12:20 PM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

hey girls WI was not pleasant but it shows me what 2 months off plan can do I'm up 5 pounds and back to where i was when I started. BUT! its the last time I see that #!New resolve my friend I've been breaking my meals into smaller ones so i had a little breakfast 2pt oatmeal with cinamona nd splenda later on i had an oatbran English muffin with rf pb
Lex! whhoooohoo 1/2 pound woman!
Laura good luck with the lunch and the GS cookies
Lisa I'm building a shrine to you made of 2 pts bars FREE ICECREAM is kryptonite!
I have to run and do some errands before mom comes and picks me up
bbl lades
Have a great day!
Kierie
Old 02-13-2004, 12:22 PM   #7  

OK, where is everyone today??

Lisa, I SO would not have been able to pass up the ice cream. I probably just would have eaten salad the rest of the day! I am having that same dillema with pizza right now actually. I may try to work a peice into my day, even though it is SO not South Beach. I am just loosely following that plan

Laura, that's awesome CB will be joining you on the walk. I bet he's skinny too, and doesn't need to exercise. Men!

So am I the only one without a valentine here or what?? I will be spending my night with this guy Jack - but he is like 19 months old and I'll be the babysitter. I'm glad to be honest, I'll make some money and won't have to deal with lovey dovey couples, or feel so obviously single if I try to go out Sat. night.
Old 02-13-2004, 01:10 PM   #8  
Bono Fanatic!

Hey girls! Well, I did not stick to my plan to only have 3 beers last night, but I did only eat what I brought to work to eat yesterday, so I had one out of 2 goals met. Most of my attempts to limit my drinking fail, especially after a long week of classes. Like Lexxy, I'm really not an alcoholic!

Laura - That's great that CB is doing the walk with you! I know how close you are to your cousin so his support in this must mean a lot to you.

Lisa - Add me to the list of people amazed at your ability to pass up free ice cream! That's awesome!!

Kier - Your day sounds like it's off to a good start. I could do much more damage in 2 months than 5 pounds!

Lexxy - You are not the only one without a Valentine! I am as single as can be. I am having my girlfriends over for drinks and then we are going on a pub crawl. Hopefully it will be fun. And by the way, my condo is really only 770 sq. ft. - 800 just sounds so much better!!
Old 02-13-2004, 04:27 PM   #9  
Proud Canadian

Hey everyone!! We had a pancake breakfast at work this morning that took quite a bit of effort. We blew the fuses in 3 plugs and had to move all the "cooking" stuff to another room and keep bringing it back to the lunchroom. It was very successful though and no social commity has every done anything like it so we're very proud of ourselves. The concert last night was fine. I didn't see much of it. We weren't busy but we were steady. Lots of younger kids (11-15 range) The ankle held up well but it's sore today because of so much effort yesterday. Tonight is birthday celebration at a pub, I'm going to make myself the DD so no alcohol for me. That should save me a few points. Then tomorrow night is John Mayer (working, not watching) It should be a nice quite night though. We had 3 people last night who got kicked in the head in the mosh pit. I just shake my head.
Laura - I just started with the 3# weights and my ball, 12 sounds so HEAVY!! Way to go with your workouts!!
Lexxy - what's crudite? I have these crazy things in my imagination.
Lisa - YAY to no social!! Of course, there's always a skinny cow for those got to have ice cream fixes.
Kier - I like the plan of smaller meals - keep us up to date on how it's working for you.
JenK - Sometimes after a long week of classes, the best thing can be letting your hair down for a bit. The important thing is that you had a good time.

OK - best get back to things. Have a great weekend everyone!!

KT
Old 02-13-2004, 04:30 PM   #10  

Hehe....KT, crudite is just raw or blanched veggies. I know, it sounds like it should be something gross!!
Old 02-13-2004, 06:15 PM   #11  
Proud Canadian

I'm far less intrigued now. Now I have to find out the origins of the word.
KT
Closed Thread