Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2004, 12:07 PM   #1  
Thursday Lady

Angry Thursday Chatters - chat and photos for January

Here we go again. No one will know when a post is made so we must keep watch.
I'm not sure if this will thread will stay ----don't know what to expect but here we go again!

I will post the photos we have so far.

Hope everyone is having a great day.
Tina
Old 01-07-2004, 08:50 PM   #2  

Thanks for getting us started again Tina!
Old 01-07-2004, 11:27 PM   #3  
Susan

Thanks for getting us off and running Tina.

Ya'll I have some exciting news. I'm going to Germany this summer for 3 weeks. I'm going with the German Exchange group. I'll actually be gone on my birthday. I have never been away from Pat and or my mom and dad on my birthday. This should be very interesting. Plus 3 weeks is a LONG time. I can't wait.

Not too much going on here.

Susan
Old 01-08-2004, 07:11 PM   #4  

Germany sounds wonderful!!! If I was going to go anywhere, that's where I would want to go. Is there room for anyone in your suitcase???
Old 01-09-2004, 11:45 AM   #5  
Thursday Lady

Germany sounds great! Personally, I'd rather go to France and snear at their pomme de terres, but we can't have everything.
Susan, bring us all souvenirs, please!!!!!
Old 01-09-2004, 09:31 PM   #6  
Susan

I can't wait to go. I want to get ya'll addresses so I can send you post cards. So please email your addresses so I have it. I have Tina's.

Tammy, how was your week? Mine was long.

Susan
Old 01-10-2004, 07:02 AM   #7  

My week was very long also. Started out with a staff meeting on Monday after school that dragged on forever. The principlal (not my favorite person you know) asked me a couple questions that I had to answer since there were others around. He could have asked anyone in the room, but chose to ask me. My answers were of the yes/no variety. I think he thought over break that I would "get over" my anger about what he did. I don't get over someone lying about me that easily, if ever. Tim said he passed him in the hall after school on Thursday. Usually he would have said something to Tim. This time he didn't.

Holding a grudge isn't good, but I really can't bring myself to forgive this guy.

SBD is still going good, but not losing as much as I thought I would the first 2 weeks. Snuck on the scales again this morning, and it's still -5 same as the other day. My phase 1 will be done on Sunday so I should've lost more. This is typical for me though. I never end up doing what things say should happen. lol

Today will be a day of grading papers. Bob and Tim will both be gone all day. Thought I'd start some laundry, pick out a movie, and grade social studies journals in front of the TV. Sound good?

Have a great weekend everyone!!
Old 01-10-2004, 03:08 PM   #8  
Thursday Lady

Happy Saturday to everyone.
I just watched that show on TLC where they show you what you should wear. There was a lady with about the same stomach and hips as mine. I got lots of pointers. Now if someone would just give me a $5,000 VISA card...........that would be great!

Tammy, I bet you have another pound gone tomorrow or Monday. I didn't get on the scales this morning because I could tell I had some water retention. Why upset myself, I say. I'm happy with the 5 pound loss I have so far. Did you hear that---I said "so far."

Susan, I would love a postcard from Germany.

I wish all our other members would post.

Tina
Old 01-10-2004, 07:59 PM   #9  

Hey, if someone gives you that card, tell them that you have friends that want one too!!!

I shouldn't have gotten on the scales until tomorrow or Monday. That's what being snoopy does for me!! I had a great day on the food, so that made me feel good about today. Also got some walking and steps in.

I'm happy with my 5 pounds too. That's a total of about 22 that I've lost since Nov. 2002 when I joined Curves. Not much of a dent, but a little bit.

Is Susan's e-mail somewhere so I can send her my address? I really don't want to put it on here.
Old 01-11-2004, 09:08 AM   #10  
Susan

Hi ya'll,
Yesterday was a TOUGH day!!! Let's just say, I seriously considered trading in my husband for a new dog. I had done nothing and he totally lost his mind. (that happens if he has a headach to long, and he has had one for 4 weeks) He just gets upset over everything!!!!!! It was makes me feel horrible all day long. He realizes it and apoligizes but it still is hard to forget. He is a great guy!!!!

I also went to look at Bridemaid's dresses. I have a deaf friend getting married in March and I just found out a couple of weeks ago that she would like me to be in the wedding. It has not been a long engagement. It's going to be cool because it is a deaf wedding. Both her and her fiance' are deaf. Most of their friends are too.

I'm going to put my email address linked to my name. Tammy, I don't blame you I don 't like to post it either. But I do want to sent the 2 of you one from there. What a way to end school!!!!

Tammy, Your principal is a jerk!! With a capital "J". You are not holding a grudge you are protecting yourself!!!! YOu can't trust someone like that and not put yourself in a sitatution where you could be set up! I agree this was the LONGEST WEEK of my life!!!!!!

Tina, I've seen that show before. You get good ideas. I just wish I had the money too to spend! What's the weather like there? It's been pretty cold here. I even had to pull out my heavier jacket. I hate wearing coats.

Take care and enjoy your Sunday

Susan
Old 01-13-2004, 01:44 PM   #11  
Thursday Lady

Guess what!!!!! E-mail notifications are going out now!!!!!

So how is everyone this Tuesday?
I took my mother for a doctor visit. That is usually an unpleasant experience. Today, it was bearable.

I thought I was going to really reap what I'd eaten yesterday but the scales stayed the same. I was ravenous and so I made a low fat cherry cobbler and ate half! Not to worry, evidently I had plenty of points to spare for this dessert.

Let's all post now.
Tina
Old 01-13-2004, 09:46 PM   #12  
Susan

Howdy Friends,

YIPPEE!!! It's working again

This has been another long week. I'm so ready for vacation .... again

I have great news! I am down 6 pounds since Jan.1. I had 2 students say "you look like you are losing weight" I wanted to hug them.

Hope everyone is doing great!!!

TIna, that cobbler sound delicious!! Glad the dr. trip wasn't too bad.

Tammy, how is school going? How's Bob and Tim?

Talk to you tomorrow.

Susan

Old 01-14-2004, 08:41 PM   #13  

Tina, I'm glad the doctor's visit was OK for you and your mother. Hey, cherry cobbler sounds yummy, and I don't even like cherries that much! lol

Susan, 6 pounds is wonderful!! School is OK. Kids of course are great. Principal called a meeting for after school tomorrow. We found out this afternoon. People aren't happy, but what can we do (we are keeping track of all of this crap though)

Bob and Tim are fine. Bob put in for a different job at Wal-Mart (manager of deli) He's not really sure he wants it, but it's a pay raise from Seafood.

Tim is staying busy. Exams are this week, so he is studying tonight. He and his crew are working on bird houses again tomorrow night after school. I am so impressed with the progress they have made. Ball games this weekend so he'll be playing with the pep band. Saturday all day he goes to a college in Indiana for an Academic Team competition. He got to go last year as a freshman with seniors, so he's excited about going again this year. He had so much fun, and they did well and were able to go back for more competition a couple weeks later.
Old 01-14-2004, 09:49 PM   #14  
Susan

Hi,

Hope everyone had a great Wednesday. I'm so ready for the weekend. Actually I think I might be getting sick again. I feel lousy and I'm coughing up junk again. I was cough free for about 2 weeks. I called my doctor again today. The nurse called back and she wants me on a Z pack. They don't work on me so I have to wait until in the morning for her to call me back.

This has been a very busy week. Tomorrow there is a film festival at school at 6:30. Students made 10 ten minute films. It should be fun. Than on Friday, it's teacher appreciation at the girl's basketball game. I have had a student ask if I would walk her on the court at the beginning of the game. Then I think another is going to ask too. I feel honored.

I'm off to Kilgore this Saturday. I'm going to see my brother. He is going to make me a new night guard. I think I threw mine in the trash . I can tell I've been grinding my teeth at night. Personally, I think he doesn't want to have to do a ton of dental work because I've ground my teeth to little nubs.

Have a safe evening.
Old 01-14-2004, 10:31 PM   #15  
Thursday Lady

Hi, It sounds like everyone is busy these days.
I have a question---why are most of the smiles dressed funny? I'm not sure what they look like.
Iv'e been busy cleaning bathrooms and floors all day--well, all morning.
I'm so sleepy but have been watching NBC shows. And, I'm starving! I had 2 pieces of Domino pizza for lunch and a Milky Way candy bar this afternoon. For supper, I had 0 pt. veggies and a green salad. I know that I'm making up for my sins today but I'm sooooo hungry.

Y'all have a good Thursday.
Tina
Closed Thread