Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2003, 08:48 AM   #1  

Default fat free friday

Well, I can't believe that I am here first today again. Especially after the night I had. Arden screamed a lot of the night. I guess it is her ears again. The poor baby.

Everyone please help me. I can't quit weighing everday. It is not helping me. Does anyone else have a problem with this. I go up a lb. I know that I have been following the plan, but I pay more attention to the scale. I have had my husband hide the scale from me, but I always find it, by accident (he is horrible at hiding it).

Well, everyone have a great day and weekend.
Old 09-26-2003, 09:34 AM   #2  
Cockeyed Optimist

Morning Crystal. I have a bad habit of weighing everyday too. I'm slowly learning to use what the scale says as an estimate of how I'm doing rather than gospel. If you can't think of it like that, throw it out. Or maybe put it somewhere too inconvenient to retrieve it everyday - like the back corner of an attic.

Busy day at work yesterday - haven't read the posts yet. My boss is out so today should be steady but not crazy. Work 2nd job tonight and tomorrow and then I'm done! Yeah! Have been doing well so far this week with eating and much better about getting my H20 in - I want no sodium blips next WI. Also keeping up with my training schedule - today is a day of rest so I used my early morning time to do some laundry and girly spa type things.

I'll check back later - have a great day!
Old 09-26-2003, 09:51 AM   #3  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

Hey girls

I just weighed in this morning - remember the 3.5 I was down last week? It's back. All of it. I know there's some rational explanation (it is TOM, some of what I lost last week was probably water weight...) but STILL. Come on I managed to break my addiction to the scale, since I only step on it once a week now (for 2 weeks & going strong!) you'd think it would show more accurate numbers! And looking at my calendar, I see that I didn't too that hot last weekend eating-wise, and that's what really makes the difference, so I've got to kick it into gear this week!

Crystal - I know exactly what you mean about the scale. Two weeks ago I finally gave up and mastered the art of pretending it's not there. The first week I would get so close to stepping on it out of habit, the second week it's not hard at all to not think about it. Poor Arden! I hope she feels better soon.

Laura - That's awesome that you can count on one hand (okay, two fingers) the number of days you have left at 2nd job! What are you going to do with yourself once you don't have all that stress?

off to change my sig... grrr....
Old 09-26-2003, 09:56 AM   #4  
Divine Gal

Good Morning everyone.

Well considering I didn't weigh myself last week due to PMS and TOM.I weighed myself this morning and I can't believe this I am down 5 lbs. and thats even with my birthday just passing.
I am so proud of myself and I finally get to lower my point intake after a month and half of having the same amount.I love the Flexpoints and it seems to be really working for me.

hope everyone has a great day.
*hugs*
lynnie
Old 09-26-2003, 10:02 AM   #5  

Morning girls,

I too get on kicks of weighing in every day....my scale varies so much from day to day, that I pretty much use the readings to get an average. I use today as my official weigh in day for my sig, etc, but every day I weigh in I log it on fitday.com because they do these neat graphs to show you how your weigh has changed over different time periods. I find that if I stay away from the scale too much, I tend to be more off plan.

So I'm kind of bummed out, I think I mentioned a new guy Iwas hanging out with, well he gave me the "I don't want a relationship - but can we still hang out?" speech the other night. The catch is that he did it at a bar when I was wasted. So of course I overreacted and the kicker is that I don't even really remember most of the conversation, like how it even came up. I was pretty pissed though at the time, because he didn't act like someone who wasn't looking for a relationship. I'm also upset that he chose to tell me at that time and place. I definitely blew it out of proportion though, because it's not like we were even officially dating, just spending time together. My dillemma is if I should call him or not so we can actually talk about it sober. I hate these conversations, especially since I'm the rejected party here, but I would prefer if things weren't weird between us, and I feel like kind of a drama queen for how I reacted (told him I would not hang out with him and wouldn't let him hug me). On the other hand he's just a guy that I don't really even know that well and was just exploring if I was interested. We do play on a team together, so I'll see him once a week for a month or so. What do you all think?
Old 09-26-2003, 10:02 AM   #6  
Started IP 1/8/13

I've just thought of a "question of the day" to get us all motivated - (Jayne you haven't posted on in a while: )

When was the day/hour/moment that you decided to lose weight - and what made it work this time?

I can tell you the exact date for me - 2/11/02 - and from that day forward, everything clicked. I planned my menus, went to the gym every day for the first three weeks or so before I took a day off, researched weight loss and counted my calories like a madwoman. As far as the actual motivation - I didn't want to be heavy forever (looks) and I wanted to be healthy (lower my cholesterol, etc). I am not actually sure what the difference was between this and all the other times I had whined about losing weight, but this time, I had no doubt that it would work.

I still don't have a goal weight in mind, but whatever it is, I am 75 pounds closer to it, even with the 3.5 back today So I need to quit my whining and get back to it!
Old 09-26-2003, 10:06 AM   #7  
Divine Gal

Quote:
Originally posted by star19600
I've just thought of a "question of the day" to get us all motivated - (Jayne you haven't posted on in a while: )

When was the day/hour/moment that you decided to lose weight - and what made it work this time?

I can tell you the exact date for me - 2/11/02 - and from that day forward, everything clicked. I planned my menus, went to the gym every day for the first three weeks or so before I took a day off, researched weight loss and counted my calories like a madwoman. As far as the actual motivation - I didn't want to be heavy forever (looks) and I wanted to be healthy (lower my cholesterol, etc). I am not actually sure what the difference was between this and all the other times I had whined about losing weight, but this time, I had no doubt that it would work.

I still don't have a goal weight in mind, but whatever it is, I am 75 pounds closer to it, even with the 3.5 back today So I need to quit my whining and get back to it!

you are still doing well star

To answer question: It was back in the beginning of July because I had a Gyno tell me I would never be able to have a baby if I don't lose weight. Determination and a great support network keeps me from stopping.
Old 09-26-2003, 10:10 AM   #8  
Started IP 1/8/13

Hey Lynnie -
Congrats on the 5# I give you a dancing monkey! And there's another one.

Lexxy - I use fitday too, it's great for graphs.... As far as the other thing... That is crappy about that guy! Don't you think they should just wear signs around their foreheads or something "not looking for a relationship, look elsewhere..."

I would say, give it a few days and talk to him. Let him know that you obviously weren't completely sober when you had the talk and you may have overreacted. If you're going to see him again, it would be better if it weren't totally awkward. BUT don't back down from telling him that you wish he had chosen a different place to tell you all this (it may have been easier to talk to you when he/you were not sober, but it doesn't help the situation any!) There's my advice, for what it's worth!

I really have to get to work, and lay off the coffee, it's turned me into the posting queen this morning....
Old 09-26-2003, 10:32 AM   #9  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Question of the day answer.... which time is what I say.

1st time it was 1 month after my wedding and I saw the wedding and honeymoon pics and cried. Hubby and I both joined WW at home.

Got PG....

2nd time was exactly 2 months after Emma was born. I went on-line and found a meeting time that worked for me and went. This was also Jan. 2 so the meeting was swamped with NY Resolutioners. All I knew is that I felt great at the weight I was before I got PG and WW worked to get me there.

Got PG again...

This time it was the week before Labor day. I kept saying that I can do this one my own and I don't want to go on a diet to get back to my weight. I was at the highest I ever have been because I didn't lose all the weight I gained with my first PG. I had absolutely NO CLOTHES. I finally broke down and went clothes shopping to at least have something that fit. Hubby said that I could do WW at home but not meetings because of the cost and at this time (with 2 kids) we couldn't afford that extra monthly cost. So here I am a month later. I weigh today... but as of yesterday I am 7 pounds down and my jeans are getting loose. I just want to be at a weight where I don't ache anymore. It is hard seeing myself still looking PG.
Old 09-26-2003, 11:20 AM   #10  
Running Babe

Hey all,

I am thinking of going off the pill due to all the side-effects. I have used 3 different ones and I still have problems (actually I used to be fine with the one that I am on, but now, it's like I get two weeks of TOM with really nasty PMS and bloating)... Yet the one thing I like about the pill is its very low failure rate... so I don't know. My BF and I have talked about it though and I am seeing a doctor in 2 weeks and I think I will ask to be referred to a gyno to see what's up... arh... I hope this wasn't TMI!

Crystal: I seem to have that problem too, but since my period is really messing up I am scared of the scale right now.

Laura: you must really be looking forward to being able to leave that job eh! Congrats

I missed survivor last night since I was hanging with the BF, last week's was loads of fun.

Lynnie: a friend of mine had PCOS and weighed around 300lbs and got pregnant. It can happen! But I know they recommend being close to a healthy weight to conceive. Congrats on the weight lost though, you must be feeling more energy already!!

Angie; I think my last real moment came in July 2000... I was sick of feeling squished, feeling to big for all my plus sized clothes and by lacking energy.. My mom was also taking 3 hour naps daily and I didn't want that for myself.

Lexxy: Men... hmmph! I know, some guys perhaps just like teh flattery, but he could have been honest with you in another circumstance.

Anyhoo take care!

Ali
Old 09-26-2003, 11:47 AM   #11  
Eve's Mom

Default Monster Post

Hi all;

I was out with a bad flu yesterday – but I still managed to eat…oh well. Feed a fever??

Crystal – your poor baby – I had a lot of ear infections as a kid (and sinus) and it was tough. Can’t imagine how the infants feel when they can’t express their pain in any other way than crying! As for the weighing in each day – I was like that too – what worked for me is that I hide the scale, bring it out only once a week. B/f likes to have it out all the time (he is slim, never had a problem) but I told him I wanted to Wi even at different times of the day (sometimes 3-4 time a day). So, he agreed to hide it. Try to use clothes as a measure or take your measurements instead – the scale isn’t the end all and be all by any means!

Hey Laura! Glad you are almost done your work week. Good on you for keeping a good routine this week!
Angie – its probably TOM, fear not. I bet next week it shows a downward trend again!
Lynnie – woo hoo on the 5# down!! Congrats.
Lexxy – if I were you, I’d just play it cool – only b/c you know how he feels (he told you) and you probably don’t want to hear it again and suffer the feelings again. Yeah, you were drunk, but you knew what he was saying. So I wouldn’t persue it. Now, this is me, personally. If you really want to know why, etc, then ask for a coffee chat…..but are you really prepared to hear it again? It’s your call. But just so you know, I was in the same situation with current b/f (of three years). He did that to me and we ended up dating, moving in and buying a condo together. And I didn’t ask him about it – I just was like OK and he still wanted to hang out and we found that even though he didn’t want a relationship, he did want to be with me, so it worked out. It was a huge rollercoaster though, but I am glad I stuck it out J I guess what I am saying is, he might be scared and need some time. Might be good to give him the time he needs. Or he might be a dork and you need to move on. Either way, I’d just accept what he said as how he feels and respect thyself! Hope that helps.
Jen – I hear that same complaint from a lot of women (friends) who have had their babies. Look at it this way – you have two VERY CUTE little girls to show for it. I am overweight and have nothing! The cup is half full.
Hey Ali – I have been contemplating the same thing, esp with the cyst I have and all of that. But the doc is trying me on yet another pill (low dose) demulen. So far, so good. There is the high rate of effectiveness, but if you are suffering it might be better for you to go off completely. Talk to your doc!

My moment of truth came when I was on a plane and realized how cramped I was and the arm of the seat kept on rising up b/c my leg was too big for the seat. I was 253lbs. And since I had been dating a fat guy (he gained from 180-300 when we were dating) I didn’t’ think it was too much. Then I realized at that moment it WAS a lot and that my quality of life was being compromised. 2 months later in July 2000 I joined WW at work. I lost the first 30lbs very fast and then started exercising. I haven’t lost tons since then (207 currently) but I have maintained the loss and I have changed my lifestyle. One of my greatest triumphs is that I can run a 5K and I regularly run 20 min without stopping at lunch. I also walk to work. When I was 253 it was an effort to walk a block. Now I walk 30 min one way to work (and back) daily, on top of 3 dog walks/day and the gym 2-4x/week.

I also went from a size 22/24 to 16.

OK enough reminiscing!! Back to work!!

BBL
Old 09-26-2003, 11:50 AM   #12  
Divine Gal

Ali:
Its also because I have a heart murmur. they are trying to lower the counts of anything happeneing to me while in labor. Thank you for the congrats.

Thank you belle.

Thanks everyone. *hugs*
Old 09-26-2003, 12:27 PM   #13  
Running Babe

Lynnie: health reasons are probably the best reasons to lose weight and you're doing that during a good time of your life. Good Luck to you... You're doing a good thing of taking care of your health.

Belle: I know, it almost seems like it's more trouble than it's worth, but the alternatives all come with at least a 15% failure rate and I know the women of my family have never had trouble with fertility (my mom got preggers while using other types of birth control... even on an IUD). Are you making the trip this weekend? I hope you're feeling better!

Here's one thing I wished I did while I was losing weight that some of you might want to try: Keep a non food journal of all your accomplishments that you have seen while losing the weight. Whether it's meeting a mini-goal, measurements, having to wear a belt to keep your pants up, having a compliment thrown your way.. Write down your feelings and positive energy... write down your fears about losing weight... Write a goodbye letter to your extra weight (my mom was told to do this at a WW meeting) .... Also, write down all your motivations (and these can change too!).

Take care!

Ali
Old 09-26-2003, 12:48 PM   #14  
Started IP 1/8/13

quick question - anyone tried the new burger king "healthy" sandwiches they started advertising? considering that for lunch, I'm getting sick of subway
Old 09-26-2003, 02:00 PM   #15  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

OK, I weighed and am down another 2 pounds. YAHHHH. I was so sure I wouldn't be since on Monday I was up a pound. Must have been water or something! I am now down 9 since starting back.

Also, found a wonderful easy food that I want to share. Tyson makes a grilled chicken breast strips that are already cooked and frozen and in a bag. I made a salad this morning and threw a serving of the chicken in a baggy. It defrosted in time for my lunch, so I threw it on my salad and WALLLLAAAAAAAAA... a nummy salad with protein on it. I even threw my chicken in the micro to heat it a little (just like the Mc Donalds salads). And now I am really full.
Closed Thread