Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2003, 10:20 AM   #16  
Turtle Buddy

Hi, Turtles,

Choosewell, it looks like you're living up to your handle. Choosing to do the treadmill, instead of skipping your workout.

Judy, your "one day at a time" and "the time will pass anyway" thoughts reflect such a great attitude. It occurred to me that if we just followed the program and never got on the scale or anything, the weight would still come off. Theoretically, we could do the program, never get on the scale, and start maintenance when we've reached a place we're comfortable with.

I walked yesterday. I've been using a few flex points, in addition to my activity points the past few days. I have plenty left to finish out the week, so it's going well. Tomorrow is my weighin day.

I have 2K left to do on the writing marathon. I have until noon today. It will take me about two hours to finish, depending on how fast I can type. I'm really enjoying this. I'm really going to have fun with this plot that popped out yesterday for the NaNoWriMo novel I'm planning. Added--Had to brag. I finished the 10K I'd planned. My final total is 10,113 words.

I was thinking about weekends today. I've noticed a pattern, not just here on the Turtles thread, but all over the various weight-loss forums. People don't post on the weekends. They're out of their regular weekly routine. They're off doing special things. And they sheepishly come in on Monday and post how they blew it and moan about how they can't handle weekends. I wonder--if they had to take 5 minutes and post a one-line "progress report" every day, including weekends, if they'd make better choices. I don't know for sure. I'm just thinking that some people need external accountability or more immediate accountability. I think the internet, with it's easy access to support whenever you need it, is as much a part of why so many more people are reaching goal as the changes in the program that make it fit any lifestyle. This is just a phenomenon I've observed over the past (oh, my god) 7 years of reading weight-loss forums. Been at this a long time, ladies. I don't know what it means, really, but I do wonder about it.

Anyway, have a moving weekend. Go for a walk, hit the treadmill, pull out a video, but MOVE IT!!

Last edited by Lin S; 09-20-2003 at 12:56 PM.
Old 09-20-2003, 10:21 AM   #17  
Turtle Buddy

Hmmm. . .we've hit page 2. I'll start a new thread tomorrow or Monday. Busy weekend.
Old 09-20-2003, 03:56 PM   #18  
consistent

S/C/G: 227.8/216.2/210 challenge goal

Height: 5'7"

Lin, I bet you're right...people are out doing instead of at work, thinking about what they would rather be doing. I wonder how much posting goes on from the workplace?

Congratulations on meeting your 10K word goal! That's terrific. I'll be doing NaNoWriMo with you this year. I have a couple of project ideas that have been kicking around for awhile that I've never tackled, and I think I'll use this as a way to get one of them underway. Usually I use word count as a fun way to edit (e.g., 'let's see if I can get this essay to less than 300 words...'), so I'm looking forward to letting go a little.

Well, I'm pooped. We spent 2.5 hours (activity points!) today pulling branches out of the backyard where we had deadwood cut, then raking leaves and picking up the smaller twigs. We planted and washed pots. I can tell I haven't been working hard lately, my muscles are sore. Even though I'm 45, not 46!

The timeline as I see it is

45: forget how old you are.
49: forget the laundry.
retirement: just forget it!

I don't know where that ovulation 2 pound weight gain fits in yet. I'm so perimenopausal it's not funny. I'm more prone to cry, less likely to lose weight, and more inclined to have no discernible sleep pattern. My face is dry and my chest is wet. My period comes when it darn well pleases, even on bcp's. This is almost as much fun as puberty, isn't it?

I'm thirsty, aren't you? What to drink..what to drink?...oh, I know, how about some delicious water?!

choosewell
Old 09-21-2003, 10:43 AM   #19  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Lin,
I'm checking in. I think your idea of keeping this going over the weekend is a good one. Yesterday was much better for me foodwise. I made up a batch of WW foods for my daughter and me and they're in the freezer!
Helped hubby with yardwork so that will count as activity points.
Today has started out well (I threw out the sneaky calling to me banana bread) and I intend to get on treadmill as well. Gotta run
but good vibes to all.
Judy
Old 09-21-2003, 11:32 AM   #20  
Turtle Buddy

Posting a new thread. See you all there!
Closed Thread