Old 10-01-2018, 09:50 AM   #46  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Okay Gail, I hear you loud and clear. I had another "tough" eating weekend starting with the party I gave for my friend on Friday, and I continued eating thru Sunday. My birthday is this Wednesday and I told my husband I don't want cake. Instead of losing weight, I went up two pounds when I had been on a nice roll. Ugh. I can get it off and I like your idea of extra steps. My fitbit is going back on my wrist and I will make it move.

Good luck with the sale of your trailer. Having the second bedroom and bunks for the grandkids will be fun. The sale will be a relief.
Sending : We both have lost weight and kept some off. Now I'd like to meet that Halloween challenge of 5# down...……………….went the other way so I won't count those pounds and still aim for a good weight by Halloween.

Good luck to any Turtles who read these messages. Gail, you are a lifesaver. keep on keeping on Lovely Lady!
Judy
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 09:16 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Happy Birthday, Judy! Enjoy your special day.

Busy weekend up here moving stuff to new trailer, and now I have a cold which doesn't make me want to do much of anything. On the upside, eating has been good. I brought butternut squash soup with crackers for my lunch today, so looking forward to that.

Off to the cottage for Thanksgiving so that will be nice - all the leaves are changing colours so hoping for a dry weekend so we can enjoy the wooded area up there.

All - hope you are doing great.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 07:51 AM   #48  
Chick

Thanks for the wish. I didn't think it would be much of a birthday this year, . It came up so fast. It turned out great. I decided to skip a birthday cake since that would have been left over and calling to me all week. Dh, dd, and grandkids went to Outback. I had a small steak, baked potato, salad w/o the fattening stuff and a few bites of dessert and coffee. We had a good time with plenty of laughs. At my WW mtg. lots of the girls knew it was my birthday, so I had lots of smiles from that. Food is much better. The thing is to keep it going.

I hope you feel better and that all works out at your trailer.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving. Ours will be different this year since one of our daughters is flying to Miami to spend a few days there. She is working thru some stuff and I try and give her all the help she wants.

It is so heartening to come to this site and see you are still here. maybe some day we'll meet in person. In the meantime have a wonderful day, week, month and keep on keepin on!
Judy
Old 10-13-2018, 03:18 PM   #49  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Went to a WW event last night. About 30 of us from our Wed. group had a potluck at one of our member's home. It was fun. Here is a recipe I liked and you may like too.

ZUCCHINI RICE PIE

serves 8 points 2

1 1/2 c. cooked rice
1 1/2c. grated zucchini, water squeezed out
1/3c pecorino romano grated cheese
2 eggs
3oz. non-fat plain Greek yogurt
seasoning: t taste: salt, pepper, garlic, onion, herbs
Combine all ingredients. Spray glass pie plate with Pam. Pour in filling and bake for 1 hour in 350 degree oven.

I liked this as a change and hope you will too.
Judy
I am doing well and the scale isn't budging. I am confident it will budge soon.
Old 10-16-2018, 11:29 AM   #50  

Hello I am a member of in person meetings. I am a senior and I pay weekly. I am the only one at my meeting that does not have a cell phone. All the talk about the new winning app with prizes. I was told I could use my tablet. Were do I find this app at? You get 50 points for meeting attendance. exercise etc sounds great Good gifts too.
Oppaloopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 09:59 PM   #51  
Chick

Bring your tablet to your meeting and have the gals at the scale help you.
I was able to go to play store, find WW, and install it. I hope someone local can help you. Gail, do you have any ideas?

Had my WI today and lost point 2 pounds. Ugh. Well, it is better than gaining, but I want to see an improvement soon in weight loss. Maybe this week will work out well.

Sending : and : to all.
Judy
Old 10-18-2018, 10:09 AM   #52  

Thank you
Old 10-23-2018, 08:16 AM   #53  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Oppaloopa, I hope you were able to get the WW app. Good luck. I see you're a junior member here. This is a friendly site and members come and go, and Gail and I are always here! :

I like heading into fall. the summer flew by and now I'm looking forward to the holidays.

Have a great hour, day, week, month, season! Whatever it is, have a great one.
Judy
Old 10-23-2018, 01:09 PM   #54  

Hi everyone - I posted yesterday, but it didn't take - not sure why.

Anyway, back from my New Orleans trip which was wonderful. Lots of food, drinks & sightseeing.

Not sure about the tablet thing, I go now to Tops in person, same as I did with WW.

Have a good week

Gail
Old 10-25-2018, 04:11 PM   #55  

Smile

I love the warm beigns . I used to attend Tops also.
tablet is for the new program with the rewards.
Old 10-30-2018, 10:47 AM   #56  

Morning ladies
Yes the warm begnies were very good with powdered sugar on top. Thing I thought strange about that café was they had no cream for the coffee, just the warm frothy milk which was fine, but still a café with no cream!

We did lots of sightseeing & on a riverboat paddle ship, bus tour of the city, 2 plantations and swamp tour plus just going about on our own. Interesting place for sure.

I was up at my Tops meeting last week but that was over 3 weeks, so hoping to at least "turtle" tonight. As usual, when coming back from vacation find it hard to get back on track & now, we have Halloween goodies everywhere we go.

All - hope you are all doing well & drinking your water.

Gail
Old 11-03-2018, 07:18 PM   #57  
Chick

I have been MIA. We had a house fire and are living in a motel until we can get back into our house. Only two rooms were damaged and of course smoke damage that has to be cleaned up. Send me good vibes because this year was already difficult to say the least and this fire is kind of the last straw.

Sendign good vibes to you all. Ooopa, keep with it. Gail, glad you liked New Orleans. I loved it when we went years ago.

My weight is up and down. I need to break this cycle. Best wishes to you all.
Judy
Old 11-05-2018, 05:19 AM   #58  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itryharder View Post
Hi Turtles,
Oppaloopa, I hope you were able to get the WW app. Good luck. I see you're a junior member here. This is a friendly site and members come and go, and Gail and I are always here! :

I like heading into fall. the summer flew by and now I'm looking forward to the holidays.

Have a great hour, day, week, month, season! Whatever it is, have a great one.
Judy
No I am not a junior member been on here for years under classykaren had a computer virus
Old 11-05-2018, 04:11 PM   #59  

Hi turtles

Judy - so sorry to hear about your fire, my goodness so much for you to deal with.

I was down .4# last week at my Tops & have been getting in some extra walks as well. Eating has been tough though, can't seem to stop night-time snacking, so that is my goal this week, get that under control.
My gf came for weekend & since we both like to cook made lots of yummy things that we also quite healthy (except the cherry strudel) but it was a fun weekend.

All - good luck at the scale.

Gail
Old 11-11-2018, 11:29 AM   #60  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Oh, Oopaloopa, thanks for the clarification about your membership. How are you doing?? I hope well. :

Gail, always glad to hear when you can get away to your cabin, etc. with friends.
Being down on the scale is terrific.

I WI last Wed. and was up a pound. Hadn't weighed in in three weeks, so I actually thought that was not bad considering all the eating out we have to do.
Making a lot of decisions about our house, etc.and doing the best I can with food. You're both on my mind and I'm sending : and lots of good wishes. Keep on keepin' on!
Judy