Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2003, 09:22 AM   #1  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Default Hallelujah! Friday is here!~9/5/03

BBTP!
Old 09-05-2003, 09:35 AM   #2  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Morning ladies! Had a great night with DH last night. THings are so much better when you communicate instead of brooding about things. Who knew?? I love the new bio page and I am glad that we started a new recipe thread. THanks Jen and Kim/Jayne!

I exercised this AM for the first time in a long time which made me feel quite motivated. I just have to remember how good it feels to get my butt out of bed and work out. I am going to call a friend this afternoon and set up a work out date for tommorrow. I had a new idea. I figure if I can set up 3x/week to work out with a friend that will be a great way to be sure that I do it and then the rest of the week I may be more motivated to do it on my own b/c of the other 3 days of activity. Make sense?? As you can tell I found my motivation. I watched Oprah yesterday. Did anyone else catch it?? It was about people who lost 100's of lbs. I admire that. I have about 40 to lose and I struggle with it being too much I cannot give enough credit to people who lose 100 and more. I know some of you on here HAVE and others of you WILL and that is just amazing.

Well ladies! I look forward to chatting with you so come on out and play!!
Old 09-05-2003, 09:51 AM   #3  
Cockeyed Optimist

Morning!

I lurked a little yesterday but am sure I don't remember enough to respond to everyone. Sorry.

Jayne - thanks for the new bio page. How did school go this week?

Ali - congrats on the 2lbs.

Becky - good idea to get a friend involved in your exercise plan. You get some activity and get to socialize.

Ahhh....can't remember what else I wanted to respond too - sorry.

Am doing well with the flexpoints. I've been making a point of trying to eat some of them this week because I'm tired of waking up at 3AM because I'm hungry.

Turned in my notice at my 2nd job.....they asked if I'd be interested in working just 1 night a week...no weekends. I'm considering it but am concerned that hours would "creep" and that they would accomodate the 3 weeks of days I'd want off due accumulated vacation time at my day job.

CB's oldest sister loaned me her set of Winsor pilates tapes. I loaned her some of my WATPs. Anything that you regular pilates people can tell me before I try them this weekend?

I went and did "mystic tanning" this morning. I smell like coconut now and it is driving me nuts.

Yesterday someone, I think it was Faith, asked for low point snack food ideas. I thought it would be helpful (and fun) if we all shared some of our favorites. I'd like some new ideas to keep me out of an eating rut. Here are some of my portable snack ideas.

Hard boiled egg
small can of tuna
string cheese
fruit
I also pre-package serving sizes of baby carrots, pretzels, better cheddars, wheat thins.

I'd love some ideas on lowish (say 3 or less) point portable sweet treats.

Have a good day and a better weekend everyone!
Old 09-05-2003, 10:13 AM   #4  

Good morning!!

I am glad everyone is finding their motivation! The new WW plan looks good, can't wait to try it after the first of the year!!

Laura ~ For a sweet treat, how about low fat graham crackers with FF coolwhip in the middle. I used to freeze mine, excellent sandwich like cookies and I think they are only 2-3 points.

Well, I really would like to post more, but work calls and I have homework to do.

Have a great weekend!!
Old 09-05-2003, 10:31 AM   #5  
Running Babe

Howdy all,

It's been a day allready... I had to get up early since I had to bring my car into the dealership and take out the garbage and recycling. While I was doing that, my cat escaped which meant I had to run and get her. I got her thank god. Then I bought my car to he dealership and students were raising money for charity at intersections, I took my wallet out to give them a loonie (a canadian $1 coin), but the light turn green and I couldn't. Anyhoo, I got to the dealership, took my purse and my snack bag and gave my key to the service station. I had my bus pass in my purse so I took the bus to work. I had forgotten my wallet in my car, but needed to get to work... So I called the dealership and they told me not to worry, but I am worried. I also was going to buy my lunch, so I guess I am going without today (I have snacks and drinks with me I bought from home, so it won't be so bad).

Laura: I have done the mystic tan thing before... I felt like I was in a car wash, but the results were great, especially the second day. BTW how are you breaking your dress code at work?

Becky: I am glad you found your motivation, sure you might not need to lose 100lbs, but you're doing positive thing and for ANYONE who needs to lose weight, it still requires discipline, motivation and dedication, and changing one't attidtudes and eating/lifestyle habits, no matter how big the total number.

Faith: Hi and welcome

Take Care!

Ali
Old 09-05-2003, 11:04 AM   #6  
A Yankee in Virginia

Jayne: Thanks for starting that bio page! I meant to do it, but then I realized I was late for WW, so I dashed out the door and decided I didn't feel like coming back to work afterward. I gained .6. At least it's not horrible, but until yesterday, my home scale was showing 189.

I have to work tomorrow, and I have to be in Norfolk, a 30-minute drive not counting the traffic I'll be sure to hit, at 7:45 a.m. So I'll probably leave my house at 6:45 to be sure I get there in time. John Ashcroft is coming to speak about the Patriot Act, and I was asked to cover it for my newspaper. I'm hoping there are some protestors there to make it more interesting! At least I'll get to take Monday off, and that means two days in a row with hubby! Maybe we'll go camping.

Well, I'm off to check the arrest logs at the jails. I'll be back later!
Old 09-05-2003, 12:08 PM   #7  
Divine Gal

Good afternoon Ladies.

My day has started off pretty well. I weighed myself this morning; I have lost another 2 lbs... YAY!!!!

Well today I am off to do some grocery shopping ...I hope everyone is doing well and enjoys the weekend coming up.

*hugs*
lynnie
Old 09-05-2003, 12:15 PM   #8  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

Extremely busy at work today, not quite sure why but I'll take a minute here to post -

Weighed in this morning - down to 159!!! That's another "decade" and officially 1 pound less than my drivers license number

Snack foods - Grapes are good, baby carrots I'm trying to get into... I have a granola bar at work around 4:30 during break. I try to stick to fruits/veggies cuz I don't feel as guilty!

Oops end of break caught up with me

bbl
Old 09-05-2003, 12:18 PM   #9  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

I got stuck in a meeting this morning, actually, I knew we had it, I just hate those types of meetings.

I am scared to weigh myself in fear that I will gain what the scale showed I lost yesterday. So I am living in fear for a week!! HELPPPP.... If it was only a pound or 2 I wouldn't be so afraid!!

I would like to try the Pilates tapes. My neighbor has the Denise Austin one and loves it. But Denise drives me nuts. Are there any other ones out there that people recommend??

I am off to lunch in 10 minutes... hopefully I will get back later!
Old 09-05-2003, 01:22 PM   #10  

Default Happy Friday - Woo Hoo :)

Happy Friday everyone!

Thanks Becky for the very positive post this morning. I really needed that. I'm sort of mad at myself already. Went home last nite and got stressed out over bills and finances, and then my DH thought he was being helpful so he bought me a teriyaki chicken dinner at the mall, but as usual I have NO willpower. So once I finished the teriyaki chicken dinner (w/out counting portions of course), I had peanut M&Ms and cookies. I am going to force myself to count my points though (usually when I have a bad day I leave my journal blank). So all I can do is start over again this morning. (maybe if I count my flex points it won't be too bad). Still trying to get use to them though.

Laura thanks for the low point snacks. This weekend I am going to the grocery store, and will try some of your suggestions. (the wheat thins and better cheddars sound good. Also Tonya your graham cracker snack sounds yummy 2). I just need something new to keep me motivated.

Re the pilates tape - I have only tried the 20 minute tape and I really like it. I haven't done it long enough to know if it really does work in terms of toning and slimming you down. I don't know if to get to the toning/slimming stage you need to do the 45 minute tape. I would also like to hear from those that do pilates - are the tapes working for you????

Thanks for the welcome Ali. This is a GREAT GROUP

Lynnie congrats on your 2 pound loss! Also as I'm still learning about everyone - hello Kim and Angie. Angie congrats on your loss too! I will be so happy when I'm down at least 1 pound!

Kim your job sounds VERY interesting! - definitely more exciting than typing all day I have dreams of being a writer, but in reality I'm an Administrative Assistant better known as a secretary (woo hoo!)

Jen, the pilates tape I bought was the Windsor pilates. They were not cheap but I made payments. Here is the link.
http://winsorpilates.com/index.php?

Well happy friday everyone. Wishing all a great day, and thanks again for info on the lowfat snacks. Much appreciated

Faith

Last edited by FaithQ; 09-05-2003 at 01:30 PM.
Old 09-05-2003, 01:52 PM   #11  
A Yankee in Virginia

Jen: I have the Denise Austin Pilates tape and she drives me absolutely bonkers. I've only used it once. I might try the Windsor ones!

Girls, I have cramps SO BADLY right now I can hardly sit up straight. Ever since I went off the pill three months ago, I've been getting these killer cramps. I just took three ibuprofin so I hope it kicks in, soon!
Old 09-05-2003, 02:05 PM   #12  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Kim, when I go off the pill I get those cramps also. In fact, that was the reason I went on the pill. Your body is trying to get back to normal, so it may be unpleasant for awhile. Take some Aleve. That is powerful stuff!
Old 09-05-2003, 03:03 PM   #13  
Canadian Chick

Hey girsl, sorry no time to post properly. I'll try to be back later. Just thought I should congratulate all the losers we have today! Also to tell you that I officially love Flex points b/c at my WI yesterday I was down 5lbs!!!! Yippeee

Sweet treats: Frozen Grapes (the BEST!!), Snackwell's mini cookies (13 for 2 points), dries apricots & cranberries, also the best for me during PMS/TOM is to buy the low fat instant brownie mix & then make it into mini sized muffins (that way your portion size is in control) & then dab one with a smidge of ultra low fat cool whip. I like to make a bunch & keep them in the freezer for those days when i need a chocolate pick-me-up

Anyway gotta run. TC gals!
Closed Thread