3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Weight Watchers > WW Clubs and Groups

Old 12-07-2017, 09:47 AM   #1
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #302 Bale of Turtles Getting It Done

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck.
Itryharder
Judy
(for Lin and Lauren)
Old 12-07-2017, 09:55 AM   #2
Chick

Hi Turtles,
I had my first meeting here in NY where the Freestyle emphasis in WW was introduced. Briefly WW changed the points of lean protein foods such as no fat yogurt, skinless chicken breast, fish, shellfish, etc. to zero points. The daily number we have been using dropped. I did the program with the new twist yesterday and found I had 4 Smart Points left over which automatically rolled over to my weekly points to be used at special occasions if needed. When a food is a zero food, it doesn't need to be weighed or tracked. Sound scary? Not according to WW's which says that the new zero pointed foods (like a whole egg for example) are seldom overeaten and at the same time allow the protein to fill you in more and help stop you from eating other higher pointed foods.
I actually like this new slant on foods and protein and am interested in how I can make it work.
Sending : and and and to any and all who read these posts and especially to those who are kind enough to chime in as well.

Gail, I hope this helps. Today I am going to make a veggie chili with beans since that will end up being a zero points food which will be perfect for a lunch thru the week. Good luck with all the preparation for a lovely Christmas with the grandkids.

Itryharder
Judy
234.6/188/145 or thinner
Old 12-13-2017, 08:50 PM   #3
Chick

Used the Freestyle program at WW's this week and lost 1.4# I'm happy about that since I was able to eat several foods that are not considered "diet" and yet still lost weight. Of course I am looking ahead and thinking that when I keep this up I'll be my right weight in the early summer. Wouldn't that be nice?
:
: to all the Turtles,
Judy
Old 12-14-2017, 10:12 AM   #4

Height: 5'3

hello turtles. I am using the WW online program. Since August of 2017 I have lost 20 lbs and have been stuck on 205/201 range for 6 weeks.
Now they have changed the program to something like South Beach with free protein and vegetables. Although the addition of corn is an even big puzzler.

With freestyle I have just added a meal to my day. Eggs and egg beater omlette. I still had another breakfast It is not going to work for me without rethinking my attitude. With the lower points I have been using up my weekly points too.
2Bees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 10:40 AM   #5
Chick

2Bees!! Glad you chimed in here.
Congrats on your wonderful weight loss. It's not fun hitting a plateau and all of us can tell you we've been there.Sending you : to get past this snag and onto the weight loss you deserve.

I looked forward to a change in the program and then I was afraid I wouldn't lose weight with Freestyle. I did lose better than a pound after struggling all autumn so I hope that happens with you too. when you added the meal of an omelet did that stop you from eating other foods? Does anyone have some help to offer?

Wishing all the turtles : and Gail, how are you doing?
Judy