KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Talking Wednesday

I dunno about you but this title has me humming the Adams family
bbiab to post
Old 08-27-2003, 08:26 AM   #2  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I think I ahve my mom convinced to do WW with me. . . or maybe drive me at least we shall see but until them I'm goign to count calories I love fitday btw
I was in a massive funk and incredibly sick yesterday
for the last 2 days my almost sized 2 sister brought home designer clothes each piece cost under $20 SHE GOT A RICHARD TYLER DRESS
if I didnt' love her I'd hate her
It has me rethinking the whole WLS thing again (and again) I don't know but
Any way I'm goign to try it with food once more with feelign
And determination!
Tonya OMG! another towheaded baby girl I'm soo excited for you!
Oh and can I have 2 super powers?
I want samanthas ability to twitch anywhere
and I want that one girl from Charmed who can freeze ppl

Come out and play
Oh and for our UK Residents or those of you who get BBC america
if you saw the groundforce America in Summit NJ those ppl were friends of mine
Old 08-27-2003, 08:59 AM   #3  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Good Morning Ms. O'B and everyone else soon to post. Something funky is happening with my left wrist - it's fine until I bend it and then I just about see stars, can't lift anything with it, including little Aaron, so I most likely won't be typing a whole lot today. It's frustrating with the right hand only.

Sounds like everyone had good days yesterday. I did have a better class last night than the night before. It's a parent-teacher relations class, and she asked me to do a presentation in two weeks for the class, as I'm the only parent there. Dubious honor, but those are the only points in the class, and I'll have it over with for the semester then.

I'll check in later, even if I'm not typing much.
Old 08-27-2003, 09:57 AM   #4  
Cockeyed Optimist

Morning All.

It's storming here and I'm having trouble getting my brain in gear with all the wet grey going on outside.

Kierie - I have a skinny sister too so I know exactly how you feel.

Jayne - hope that wrist feels better. Did you just sleep on it wrong?

Ali - if you take a 2nd job and people call you to cover their shifts, say no. I do. However, I also don't ever ask anyone to cover my shifts - I make sure I'm there.

Belle - are you following the new journaling system? It looked awful to me so I'm just doing it the way I have been in a notebook.

KT - I hate to file too. It takes me forever to motivate myself to file things.

Kim - I'm breaking the dress code today. Jeans and a "dressy" tshirt with sandals. I'll probably be struck down by lightening or something.

Tonya - Congratulations! How exciting to find out about another daughter.

Warning! Random weightloss ramblings! I really thought yesterday was going to be difficult as far as eating. I started the day with diet coke & a bagel which usually is a trigger for me eating terrible all day. Ended up with milks, fruits & veggies and at 11PM discovered that I was 4 pts under the minimum. Was too tired to chew so I went to bed. I think I have found a shamefully shallow reason to finish losing weight. CB's youngest sister is getting married next spring. All of his sister's are beautiful, and while I have no intentions of trying to compete with the bride, I think it would be nice to not feel like a cow next to them. We'll see.

Sorry if this is crazed sounding. I feel like I'm thinking through cotton. BBL after some caffiene.
Old 08-27-2003, 10:42 AM   #5  
Running Babe

heya all,

My roomates don't like my cat wandering around the house at night since she is loud, so I keep her in my room, which means she has food/water and her litter in there. Anyhoo, the bf was over last night and my cat didn't have her usual sleeping place and was being loud. She was also using her litter a lot through the night. turns out my poor kitty has the runs and was not feeling to great, which made my room smell (the the bf didn't complain once, what a keeper and he was being so good to the cat inspite of her loudness, I admit I was grumpy about the noise, but it was before I knew she was sick).

Laura: At my last retail job I was called all the time to tak over shifts.. I didn't mind people who were willing to take one of my shifts to compensate, but when they weren't willing it irked me.

Jayne: how many courses are you doing right now? Are you working towards a M. Ed.?

Kierie: well it's a new program out, I know it's a variation of an old theme, but could add added inspiration!

take care!

Ali
Old 08-27-2003, 11:21 AM   #6  
A Yankee in Virginia

Laura: I wish I were too tired to chew once in a while (great line, by the way! ) Hope your feeling more alert. And yay for breaking the dress code. You go!

Jayne: Sniff. I saw Ms. O'B and thought it was for me. Then I remembered it's Kierie's last name too. And it's not my last name anymore. Sniff, sniff.

Kierie: I had a dream about you last night! I dreamed that we met each other and went out for dinner. Can't remember what we had, though.

My grandma's train came in two and half hours late last night, so I ended up staying at work until 8:30 p.m. Got enough work done so I should be able to get out early today for the drive to my sister's.

So I better go work. Hi Ali and anyone else out there! I'll be back Monday!
Old 08-27-2003, 11:34 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 240/173/160-ish

Height: 5'7"

Good morning all!

Today is the start of week 2 for me, and although I missed my weigh in last night (with the really great leader that I really like and really motivates me) because of Baseball (is it over yet?) my pants are starting to feel a little less tight and I'm feeling really good. Like I'm making some progress.

I am planning on going to Weigh-in and a meeting tomorrow night, so will find out if I've lost.

I really enjoyed the new program, the only thing that I had trouble with (and maybe that's a good thing) was going over my points. For example, I used up all my Flexpoints on the weekend, so was trying to stick to my Points Target for the day. Well, Sunday I was fine, Monday I was fine and yesterday all day I was fine...until I got home from baseball and went a little crazy. I went over my points for the day by 2.5...but had no Flexpoints (although I would've had some activity points to use.) So I guess it wasn't too bad. Anyways, it will keep me from doing it again because I felt really guilty for doing it and not being able to control myself.

Anyways...long rambling rant over.

Ali - That's too bad about the cat. I don't have a cat, but FH has three and he's soooo good to them. I find you can tell alot about a guy from the way he treats (and talks) to his pets.

Kierie - It's nice to know there is another Bride to be on the boards who is also trying to shed some extra weight. FH and I are getting married next September in the Bahamas...so I really would like to get myself bathing suit ready. And I have promised myself not to go looking at wedding dresses until I drop 20 pounds...I'm working on it at least. Have you set a date?

Tonya - Congratulations on the baby and on knowing. That's so exciting!

Laura - Congrats on staying within your points. It's always great at the end of the day when you add stuff up and realize you are under...especially when you thought you would be over. I love that feeling.

Kim - Enjoy your trip. Sounds like it will be fun. I am also taking a road trip to go and see my sister this weekend. She lives in Ottawa and we are driving out early Friday morning (to be the long weekend traffic) and are planning a fun-filled weeked.

Anyways...enough from me, sorry about the super long post. I will be back later to talk more.
Old 08-27-2003, 12:05 PM   #8  
Eve's Mom

Hey girls - it's been a busy (and not really productive) morning for me. Once again I am fighting the engineers on the purpose and methods of public consultation. Only this time, we are ina different province, so it is more tricky.

BAH!!

On the flexpoints front...Laura - I have been using the new journal this week to try it out. I was skeptical, but I am finding I like it. I don't know why, but it seems to me that I am more likely to stick with my points because they are "used up". I don't feel like I "go over" I just feel like they are gone. So I know it is just semantics, but it works for me (psychologically I am sure). Humber - good job on your week! I am on day three this week and I am done 13 flex points...better slow down!! I am not eating my activity points though.

Kim - ah, I have never forgotten Buffy.... have fun on your trip!

Kier - don't worry about skinny sister - your time will come. OK look at me. I am down from 253lbs. Yeah, it has taken 2.5 years...but I have not gained any and slow and steady wins the race. better than crashing and gaining again!! And good for you if you count calories - wayyyyy too hard for me....

Jayne - ah, I am glad your class improved. But where is the entertainment hee hee...

Laura - yay on your healthy eating yesterday!! I am NEVER 4 points below.

Ali - poor kitty...I hope she gets better, that is brutal. I am glad b/f was a good guy about it!! That is a sign of his true nature.

Well, must get to work...have a good OP day and BBL
Old 08-27-2003, 12:16 PM   #9  
Divine Gal

Hello Ladies

Hope everyone is doing well. I will be starting the new program this friday.I hope it helps me somemore.

Not much to say except.
Have a great day.
*hugs*
Lynnie
Old 08-27-2003, 12:16 PM   #10  
Canadian Chick

Hey girls, No time to post properly. Just thought I should pop in & let you know I have company all week so its tough to find time on the 'puter. I seem to be on track pretty well this week despite my Mom being here (we're usually eating buddies-but not this time!) Anyway gotta run. I'll be back next week. Take care everyone!
Old 08-27-2003, 12:40 PM   #11  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

Morning all

I'm tired today. Ended up going to Ruby Tuesday's last night to use a buy-one, get-one-free entree coupon. (The excuses my roommate and I find sometimes....) And this is right in the middle of my week that i was going to be totally OP ... whoops.

Kierie- I 'm a huge fan of fitday too, when I actually take the time to fill in the stuff I've managed to eat...

Jayne - hope your wrist feels better soon!

Laura - I'm so jealous that you can even "get away with" wearing jeans... our dress code won't even let us wear sandals without hosiery!

Ali - poor kitty!

Kim - I should be around monday too... wish i wasn't so broke so i didn't have to work labor day!

Hi humber, belle, lynnie, rina

well back to work and to deciding whether i want to post out for another job here... can't wait to get out of the customer service-type job i've got now. also have a test this afternoon -- which of course i don't feel prepared for....

so i should go now!
Old 08-27-2003, 12:46 PM   #12  
Eve's Mom

Lynnie - is something up with you lately? You havent been very talkative (write-ative, that is). I hope nothings wrong!

Belle
Old 08-27-2003, 12:58 PM   #13  
Proud Canadian

Hi everyone! I'm here and looking forward to an evening off from job #2. I was having a hard time with my allergies so I got off a little early last night and I'm better today for the extra sleep. Tonight I will rest up for the last 5 days of the fair and the start of the school year that will be crazy around here. Oh, and news on the homefront. My mom knows someone who is selling a 2 bedroom condo in the area I'm looking in in my price range (although I was looking at 1 bedrooms.) It would be nice because a roomate would make the mortgage payment easier. I'll be back.
KT
Old 08-27-2003, 01:43 PM   #14  
Proud Canadian

Kinda got inturrupted and had to fly but I didn't want to lose my post. I figured I'd add in some responses.
Jayne - I hope your wrist is feeling better. If it isn't, get it checked out!!
Kier - it would be nice to have your mom come with you. My mom gets me to tell her everything and then tries to follow at home. It doesn't work as well.
Laura - that's great on your points. I love it when I'm too tired to eat.
Ali - Poor kitty has gone through so much. I hope she's better soon
Kim - Have a great weekend!!
Humber - are you playing baseball? Great exercise!
Belle - I can't wait to start the new program. It sounds like it will fit with my psyche well.
Hi to Lynnie, Rina, Angie and anyone else out there. I should really get some stuff done.
KT
Old 08-27-2003, 02:04 PM   #15  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

HI everyone. I am in a foul mood today, was yesterday too. I am having issues at work that are irritating me. I also think I am getting burned out. And that happens quite quickly here. But I usually pick myself up and brush myself off, just takes awhile.

So as I was in the dumps... hubby decided no gym for me, he took me out for lunch. Chinese/Japanese buffet. But they have sushi, so I had both sushi and some chinese. Only 1/2 bad right???

Jayne, 3 weeks into my maturnity leave I fell off our patio and massively sprained my ankle, it still hurts horribly. I actually heard it make a ripping noise. But of course I didn't go to the doctor because I was home alone with a newborn. I cried and called hubby. The pain was almost worse than labor. So I feel for you and your arm pain. I hated not being able to carry my baby because I couldn't even walk.

Ohh.. and my Emma has been dry the last 2 days. 1 poopy accident yesterday, otherwise she was awesome for 2 days. I am so proud of her. Hope it continues. The poopy part is hard tho, she refuses to tell me when she has to go, then I have a rotten mess to clean up! Oh the joys of potty training.
Closed Thread