Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2003, 09:11 AM   #1  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Default Happy Thursday To You!

Well, my company is gone. It was 4 of my cousins, aged 20, 19, 17, and 16. It was fun to have them, but it wore me out. I was pretty much the maid and the cook, and they would stay up really late at night and get really loud, then sleep until like 11:00. Meanwhile, Drew and I were up late listening to them, but we both had to get up at our usual time. So while it was fun, I'm glad it's over.

Another really cool thing happened to me yesterday. You know how you go to the county and state fair and enter all of those drawings, pretty sure that they never even draw for them at all? Well, I won the Stampin Up grand prize. I got a catalog, a stamp set, and an ink pad. I was thrilled, even though I already have that ink pad color, and I would have gotten a free catalog with my party in September. It's just the whole having won thing that thrills me to no end.

So, question of the day: What is your biggest pet peeve? I have several that I will share thru the day (too tired to think of them all now) but one of my biggest ones is when my husband stays up late playing around with his computers, then whines all morning about how tired he is and needs a nap and life just isn't fair because he's too tired. Can you tell what I heard about this morning? My other big pet peeve is when women use a curling iron but stop before they get to the back. It looks very nice from the front, but the back is all flat and bedhead. Either that or they do curl the back but they only comb out and style the front. Either way, it drives me nuts -- I just want to get my fingers in there and fix it. Also, clothing that gets tucked between rolls of fat on other people. I am very consciensious about keep my clothing smooth, and it drives me nuts to see people when their clothes are too tight and they're forcing the world to look at all that. I don't want to see it.

HOw about you girls?
Old 07-31-2003, 09:52 AM   #2  
Cockeyed Optimist

Wow! You guys were busy yesterday. I'll need to go catch-up on everyone.

Jayne - Congratulations!!! How cool that you won the Stampin Up prize. Isn't it fun to win things even if you don't need them?

My pet peeve.....couples who sit on the same side of a booth in a restaurant and leave the other half empty. It's irrational, I know, they aren't hurting anyone but it just upsets my sense of symetry or something. Why can't they just sit across from one and other!!!???!!!!???!!!!

Only a 1/2 day in the office today and then off-site for a team building exercise and then on to job #2.

Hope you all have a good day.

Laura
Old 07-31-2003, 10:01 AM   #3  

I have to jump in here, my pet peeves are:
*people who eat with their mouth open
*people who crack their knuckels
*men (and women) who show us their butt cracks
*people who talk to you from another room
*drunk people who want to kiss and hug me...YUCK!

Thanks for letting me get in my two cents!
Old 07-31-2003, 11:16 AM   #4  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Laura and I (and Idealperson) are getting lonely, girls...come out and play with us!

Of course, if I have to be lonely with someone, I would pick Laura each and every time.
Old 07-31-2003, 11:23 AM   #5  
Cockeyed Optimist

Awwww - Jayne you made my day!!!

Laura
Old 07-31-2003, 11:28 AM   #6  
Miss. Brat

S/C/G: 262/262/140

Height: 5'3"

This is going to be a funny quetion of the day.

My first one is people that do not flush the toilet. Need i say any more on this one?

Moms in the grocery store that constantly *threaten* to discipline their kid and never do just yell and threaten them.

Couples that sit next to each other in a vehicle. There is a whole other side to sit so sit there! I guess I am like Laura and it upset my balance or something.

Skinny women that complain that they are fat or that they can not gain weight...Oh please....... just shut up and get a life!

I will add more as the day goes on.
Oh my wi is in 30 minutes. Now I am nervous.
Daphne
Old 07-31-2003, 12:06 PM   #7  

don't have much time to post...but my biggest pet peeve is people who chew with their mouth open...drives me INSANE!!!!! grrr.... lol
Old 07-31-2003, 12:44 PM   #8  
Proud Canadian

I will talk about my pet peeves for hours but the two biggest ones...
Noisy eaters/gum chewers and cologne wearers -
I can see that you're eating, I don't need to hear how much you're enjoying it and if I can smell you before I can see you, you should have taken the time for the shower, perfume can't mask dirt. Ahhh, that feels good. I actually have a lot of people in the office who wear perfumes that I'm allergic to. I have to get the supervisor to talk to a couple of them because I had an asthma attack one day because of one of them. Now's it's developed into a peeve.
Jayne - Sounds like a crazy busy visit. Nice to have them gone. My mom let me stay up all night one time after I begged to for a month, then she woke me up after two hours sleep and said it was my choice to stay up all night. I've never complained about being tired (at my own fault) since.
Laura - That's a great pet peeve.
Daphne - How'd the WI go?
Amber - I'm with you on the visual of someone else's lunch - Yuck.
OK - second to last day of work before I go to Virginia for a week. Can't wait.
KT
Old 07-31-2003, 01:01 PM   #9  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Another pet peeve: coffee breath. This is odd for me because coffee-drinking is a religious experience for me, and one would think that I would just applaud another's love of coffee. Not so. I am very careful about brushing teeth or chewing gum to cover my coffee stench,a nd I wish others could please follow my lead.

Another pet peeve:unsolicited advice. This is a nasty one for me to pick on, since I give so much unsolicited advice myself (just ask Laura ) but I have a coworker who is always giving me "advice" about how I could better do my job. She doesn't have the same degree that I do and does a different job. She is not my boss and is no more qualified for my job than I am (in fact, she isnt' even licensed to do my job), yet she persists on making these, "If I were you, I would..." It totally makes me feel like I am an idiot who doesn't know how to do her job. She calls it constructive criticism, but the fact is, it's not her job to make critisicms of my work, no matter how "constructive".

Glad to have gotten that off my chest.
Old 07-31-2003, 01:24 PM   #10  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey LAdies
My pet peeves are people who mispronounce words Like instead of Escape they say Excape GRRRRRRRR
Another one is when you thank someone or say Excuse me and they say MMhmm
Oh god thats so dismissive I want to Hit them
another People who don't look at you when they speak to you
If I'm having a conversation with someone I look at them in the eyes b/c thats how you make the connection
ok I can't seem to get back OP Jayne I mailed you about my woes
some one slide me some pompoms and a diet Coke I need to KICK SOME ARSE
as per the nails Q I like light pink Silver Reds right now I am wearing chilled burgandy
I have to find an online menu for a restaurant df's brother and SIL are taking us too tonight its mexican so that could be deadly
Old 07-31-2003, 01:38 PM   #11  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

Hey girls

Who was it that brought up the White Cheddar Cheez-Its a couple days ago? They are AWESOME! Luckily, it's a vending machine bag so there's not too much danger...

Pet peeves - I'm with you Amber & KT on the open-mouth chewers - and Kier the mispronouncing thing drives me nuts too

I must be in too good of a mood today because I can't think of anything more besides couples that are way too cutesy & PDA in public. Drives me nuts!

Must get back to work ...
Old 07-31-2003, 02:36 PM   #12  

Angie, that was me...I ate a WHOLE box in a day. That white stuff is crack, I'm telling you. I think that is really on my "not allowed to buy" list now. I wish I could have some restraint, but no.

I'm sure I have a million pet peeves, but can't think of them all right now. My MAJOR one is people who drive slow in the left lane, especially if no one is to the right of them (can you tell I spend a lot of time in my car?). Also people who don't cover their mouth when they cough/sneeze.
Old 07-31-2003, 03:13 PM   #13  
Proud Canadian

ooooo - and people who shorten your name when you tell them specifically what your name is - My name is Kathleen - I hate it when people call me Kate - especially after I've told them to call me Katie. I have nothing against the name, it's just not me.
KT
Old 07-31-2003, 03:30 PM   #14  
Miss. Brat

S/C/G: 262/262/140

Height: 5'3"

OK back from my win. I lost 2.8 this week!! So that makes it 8.4 at ww these last 2 weeks and for July at my home scales 13 pound gone.
Daphne
Old 07-31-2003, 04:00 PM   #15  
Duchess Tiger Lily

WTG Daphne!!!
Closed Thread