Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2003, 11:44 PM   #1  

Default Feisty & Sexy 50-60 year olds #221

G'day all,

Getting late in the afternoon here. It has done nothing but rain, I have never seen so much rain in a week.

I found a delightful cross stitch pattern that I thought my dd would like, she loves butterflies. Of course they were out of stock and I put it on order. I picked it up last friday and cannot put it down!!!
Here is the web address where there is a picture of the cross stitch I am doing.
http://www.lanarte.com/Lanarte.asp?A...&GROUPID=8USXX I am doing nr.34359 'meadow dance'. The one above it, the birds feeding, some of you may remember I finished doing when I was in Melbourne.
Marjolein Bastin is one of my favourite artists and I have done quite a few of her designs. Every time I finish one, I swear I will not do another but then of course I do.

Karen as usual, some very good advice, thank you!

Hope you are all having a great weekend.
Back to my cross stitch.......
Cheers
Maria

Last edited by flaggies; 06-28-2003 at 11:50 PM.
Old 06-29-2003, 01:17 AM   #2  
Life Time 2001

MARIA: Very nice site. Will spend time lookong

Cool maybe you are coming to the US? Never been to New Jersey so cant help there

Marie a menu from me:
Egg Beaters with Canadian Bacon and 1 Kraft single cheese slice: 4 PTs
Kashi ceral, milk, TJ crumpet with peanut butter.
Cottage Cheese and fruit
Smoothie

Lunch: Salad with either avacado or sun flower seeds. Deli Turkey or ham or canned shrimp

Boca burger, the works with Bread
Pizza: Low point hogie, cheese, what ever I want on it(lots of veggies)
I generally get a 4 point hogie bread Load it with lots of veggie and chesse and some kind of meat. Normally comes to 6-7 points

Dinner:
Pasta with chicken or shrimp
Chicken
Pork chops
Hamburger something
Always a Veggie
Always Milk

I really try to get a variety on a day to day basis. Im one person who does not like eating the same. I always look for new recipes
Old 06-29-2003, 10:02 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/136/128

Happy Sunday All!

Thanks for all your meal suggestions. Karen, I can see why you're a leader! I'm pretty sure I'm going by the "scenic route." And thanks for the advice of eating in the top range - I'm always playing mind games about staying low so I'll lose more.

I'm bringing dinner to my sister's today; sort of a an early Thanksgiving in summer! Turkey breast, dressing, cranberries and an apple pie. I've already figured what I can have and how much.

I'll check back later - so glad you're all here. Thanks!

Marnie
Old 06-30-2003, 09:45 AM   #4  

Here it is weigh-in day again! Good Morning All!

Can't remember who asked if I have an exercise program, but the answer is yes. I belong to Lifetime Fitness (but have I been going? No, not for 2 weeks).

My WW meeting is at 11:30 this morning, so I'll check back with you all.

I did okay with the "Thanksgiving" dinner yesterday, I even had a sliver of apple pie. So, pat pat pat on my back.

I'm glad you're all here and do appreciate the menus you offer; it's like the fog has lifted - Thank you.

Marnie
Old 06-30-2003, 05:02 PM   #5  

G'day all,

Been a bit quite here the last few days, no doubt you are all very busy
Another very wet day here, only 2 more sleeps in Hamilton then off to Auckland, sleep there and off home very early Friday morning!
Both dh and I cannot wait to leave and go home.
The poster I did for dh's work was very well received, the general concensus was 'awesome'
I was a little worried in case everything wasn't quite 'politically correct' but everyone is very happy with it.

I got started with my new x stitch and of course cannot put it down now!

Marnie glad you can 'see things clearly now'. Keep at it, you'll do it.

Have a great day all
Cheers
Maria
Old 07-02-2003, 08:20 AM   #6  

Happy July 2nd!

Is everyone on vacation? Downtown St. Paul is deserted this morning with very little traffic. We have a big "get-together" going on: The Taste of Minnesota. It starts today and goes through Sunday. DH and I not being fans of crowds, will not be going; plus the food is too tempting. Everything is deep fried!

Maria, you do cross-stich? I will check out the pattern at the website. I dabble in quilting, and enjoy it. Keeps the hands busy. I LOVE Marjolein Bastin's work, too. When I get greeting cards I go right to her display.

Lily, I appreciate your menus. Thank you. Yesterday I had cereal, skim and raspberries for breakfast; cherries for a morning snack; lunch was a WW Southwestern bowl with added capers, salsa and mushrooms; dinner was large veggie salad with fresh turkey, Lite Done Right dressing and sunflower seeds. Evening snack was ff pudding and raisins. You're right, variet is the key.

All of you USAers, Happy Fourth of July!

Marnie
Old 07-02-2003, 03:46 PM   #7  

Been busy dong not much of anything. Maria I have to go back and read but you might be going to New Jersey. Now start practicing it is New Joisey or just Joisey. They talk weird there.
Marnie today I had 2 pcs of rye toast w/ peanut butter, half a grapefruit, low fat tuna salad, strawberries, 2 cookies, 2 small crackers w/ 1 t chicken salad. For dinner I am having ff cottage cheese and peaches. Also had a 45 calorie fudge bar.
Now I have to get ready for my afternoon walk with my friend. It is so humid I think I might melt. BBL to catch up.
Old 07-02-2003, 04:54 PM   #8  

G'day all,

My very last post from NZ went into cyberspace
Of course it was one of my very best posts

Leaving this afternoon for Auckland and home tomorrow.

Marnie I have done quite a few cross stitch pictures. I have done about 6 of Marjolein Bastin designs. Each time I swear I will not do another because the work is so fine and my eyes are not quite so fine however then I weaken again like I did this week! The bigger ones take me close on to 12 months to complete, the end result is always worth the effort and I am sure when the current one is finished I will be very pleased with it.
My cousin in the Netherlands has actually met Marjolein and got one of her prints personally signed for me, I was very pleased with it.

Peggy Thanks for the tip on how they speak in New Jersey but I do have to confess, all Americans sound the same to me unless they are from the 'deep south'.
It would be interesting if we got the opportunity to go to New Jersey but from past history we won't be holding our breath!

See you all when I am home,
Cheers
Maria
Old 07-03-2003, 04:47 PM   #9  
Member Florida Chick

Hi Everyone: Hope all of us celebrating the birth of the U.S. have a good day tomorrow, and all of the rest of you just have a good day.

Marnie: Breakfast today 3/4 cup Kashi Heart to Heart cereal, with 1/2 banana, and 1/2 cup skim milk. 1 piece of Oat Bran toast with a little Brummel and Brown Blueberry spread.
Lunch: A veggie sandwich with one slice of veggie Cheese, lettuce tomato, radishes, and Miracle Whip free. 1 sliced peach with about 1/4 cup of blueberries, and on top 1/2 container of blueberry SF-FF yogurt. Snack 1 nectarine and about 6 walnut halves.
Dinner will be 30z. beef tenderloin,( the ones sealed in indivdual packages) 1 cup string beans, 1 ear of corn, salad, and 1 cup of melon for dessert. If I have figured it correctly I should come out with about 23 points.

Maria: Welcome home. I'm sure you are very happy.

Hi Peggy: Any new crafty projects?

Hi Slavika, Trudy, Glenda, Karen, Lily.

Looking forward to hearing the Capital Fourth concert tomorrow night. Bye for now. Ann

Last edited by Lizziepie; 07-03-2003 at 04:51 PM.
Old 07-04-2003, 01:44 PM   #10  
Net browser

Hi Everybody
It sure was nice reading all your posts and getting caught up on what you have all been doing. Maria I guess you are at home now and probably very happy to be there. I have done a few large needle point pictures but just a couple of small cross stitch ones. Peggy on our mortoring holiday we went into the States and found a Mall that had the Body Shop in there that sold the Shea Butter you told us about. I had marked down the name of it and when I was there I bought a couple of tubes of it. I think it is just great.....my feet are looking better already as are my hands. Thanks for passing that on to us. Ann also when we were away I found the Fruit 2/0 that you mentioned. I knew there was one flavour that you said you didn't like that much but I forgot which one. I think it was one of the "berry" flavours. I ended up buying sort of a "safe" flavour. the Natural Lemon. I thought it was "ok" but my dil just loved it, so Ann thanks for telling us about that product.
Lily and Karen we are lucky to have you both on our board with your great knowledge of WW and you both are so willing help us. We had a great road trip and bought lots of goodies back for our grandchildren. It will soon be my dil's birthday and I bought her a pair of black capri pants that sit on the hips and a great looking T-shirt that has a lot of bright colours in it and beads sewn on. I also got her a sterling sliver cuff braclet and a BIG sterling sliver ring to go with it. With the rest of money we usually spend on her, we are going to just put the money into her card as she was talking about wanting a new cell phone, and that way she can chose it herself. When we returned from our road trip, we headed out the next day for the lake and had just a wonderful holiday there too. The kids are having a great time with the boat and our grandson is turning into a real "hotdog" on the water skiis. The Princess has not tried the skiis again since she drank up some of the lake on her last attempt but she is "talking" about doing it again. Nobody is putting any pressure on her.
Marnie When I went shopping on our holidays I tried on SEVERAL SWIMSUITS
I am so disappointed with myself for not getting the weight off and getting back to my goal. I think those 10# (and a bit more) are sitting right on my stomach. I didn't think any of the suits looked good on me so I am making myself a promise to get the weight off and continue walking so that when we go on our winter holidays this year I will feel better about putting on a swimsuit. I have a lot of time to do this, as we usually do not go away until the end of January. I won't bother telling you what I have been eating. Well everybody, we are headed for the lake again tomorrow morning and I still have lots to do. Talk to you after the weekend. Bye all.

Last edited by slavika; 07-04-2003 at 01:49 PM.
Old 07-04-2003, 09:30 PM   #11  

G'day all,

I arrived home yesterday afternoon
I had a great sleep last night and I am now in the middle of unpacking etc. Whilst I was in NZ I bought some sugar (I just like one teaspoon on my cereal). I didn't want to buy a big bag and found a small container to shake out the sugar.......well goodness knows why I decided to bring it back but it has emptied itself all through my suitcase It is making the job of unpacking quite a bit more work.

The weather has been bad in Adelaide but yesterday and today the weather is glorious, lovely sunny winter's days.

I forgot of course that those of you in the USA celebrate the 4th of July until I read Ann's post. Hope you all enjoyed your celebrations.

Nice to 'see' you back Slavika, sounds like you had a great trip. No doubt the gifts you bought were all well received.
The shea butter you mentioned is available here in the L'Occtitane stores here. The stores are only in Melbourne and Sydney and it is just heaven walking into those stores. I bought the shea butter for dh's bold head which was very dry. I agree it is excellent stuff!

Better get back to unpacking and then go and do some grocery shopping.

Cheers
Maria
Old 07-05-2003, 01:38 PM   #12  
Life Time 2001

Been a crazy week for me. Havent had time to check in. We didnt do anything for the 4th. Was just a lazy day. Today we are off for a ride in the hills and out to lunch. Should be fun!

Salvika: Your trip sounds like it was fun. Your DIL will love her presents. The capris and T shirt sound wonderful!

Marnie: How as your WI?

Maria: oh my that must be a mess. Bet you are glad to be back home tho!

Ann: How was the concert? Your menu sounds yummy My dad loved radish sandwiches. Bought back fond memories of him.

Peggy: What are you crafting these days?

Best get going or DH will leave with out me!

Later!
Old 07-06-2003, 06:29 PM   #13  
Member Florida Chick

Thumbs down A great Florida Day!

Hi All.
Lily: Hope you didn't get left behind. My DH will often say to me," I'm leaving" and go out the door, when I'm not quite ready. But then he is waiting in the car when I get out there. And of course then I am upset. : Men

Slavika: your trip sounded like lots of fun and I'm sure everyone will be pleased with their gifts. You are right, I didn't like the raspberry Fruit 2/0 Orange, lemon and strawberry were okay. They also have grape, but I haven't tried that. I found some other bottled drinks, no cal, that I like better than the Fruit2/0. Guess I want to feel a little carbonation and makes me think I am drinking regular soda. : Mind tricks.

Maria: I can imagine the mess. All you needed to make it complete was some sugar ants. Bet you are glad to be home and I'm sure by now you have taken care of the mess.

Marnie: Hope your WI was good. since I am only going once a month now that I am going to curves, I have another couple of weeks to go before I bite the bullet once again.

Hi everyone. did anyone happen to see the fireworks display from Nashville? It was on A&E. I have never before seen such a spectacular display. Mind boggling and especially just thinnking about the cost of so much.

Hope you all haave had a good weekend. Ann
Old 07-07-2003, 07:20 AM   #14  

Ann I missed the Nashville fireworks. We had a nasty storm at dusk and that put a damper on all the fireworks around here. It hailed and stormed again last night. Been getting lots of exercise picking up the tree branches that have fallen. My sister just joined a Curves that opened in her neighborhood and loves it.
Maria I am sure it is nice to be home again. What a sugary mess you have in your suitcase. I have noticed on ebay that the thing is to paint roses on the hard suitcases. They are pretty.Going to look for one at the yard sales next weekend and try it.
Slavika I think you had a good time on that shopping trip. Your dil is lucky to have you for a mil. I sometimes am feeling like the Pillsbury dough boy in the stomach area. Having a hard time losing in that area.
Lily and Ann thanks for telling us what you have been eating. I am like Lily and hate having the same old stuff all the time.
Marnie hope you are doing well. I stay away from the Taste Of Cincinnati too. Way too many tempting things to try + it has gotten to be a little pricey for those samples.
Dog sitting this week for the dog that was so ill. She is doing fine-but she snorts so much. She is a beagle and I guess that is just natural to her. Going to paint on some old enamelware today for the lady that I paint for. These are big round and square ones-going to do things for a laundry room and the other ones are going to be recipe boxes. It is getting hard to think up different ideas for this stuff after a while. I go to wallpaper sites for clues on what to do.
Got to go have some coffee. I have tried some of that flavored water from WalMart. I like Crystal Light the best.
Old 07-07-2003, 06:10 PM   #15  

G'day all,

I was hoping to sleep in, I am having another fasting cholestrol test done this morning but 5.45 was about as long as I could manage to stay in bed.
My doctor send me a letter to see it I was interested in being part of a study for people with risks of heart disease, in my case having high cholestrol. I thought that was a good opportunity to try and get my cholestrol down.

Ann When we were living in Sydney not a week went by without fireworks somewhere and of course the fireworks on the harbour bridge on New Year's Eve are always very spectacular. We never got sick of watching the fireworks but you do wonder about the cost especially when it was such a regular occurance in Sydney.

Peggy What a good idea painting flowers/roses or whatever on hard suitcases. I have soft cases but have a very colourful strap around mine so I can quickly recognise my case at the collection carousel.
Have you done any scrapbooking? I learnt a bit more about it whilst I was in NZ. I am more interested in 'computer scrapbooking'. I have many slides etc from the kids when they were babies etc. I was telling my daughter about it and she thought it was a great idea providing I do her scrapbook first . Personalise photoalbum covers with your painting skills would be good.
I started to have a bit of a go yesterday and only did 2 pages but really enjoyed doing it. I emailed the first completed page to dd and she loved it. She rang last night to find out how many pages I was going to do today She is very much like her mother and is not very patient

I have found some great sites that I thought some of you maybe interested in so.........

The first one is a craft one with heaps of interesting links

http://www.ourlittlesiteontheweb.com/

the next one is a fun survey one to get your colour profile, it is by a paint company, I loved the way the website was created....

http://www.603010.com.au/profile/

and the last one are a couple of good sites on scrapbooking and computer scrapbooking

http://www.computerscrapbooking.com/index.html

http://www.oakleafacre.com/tutorial002.asp

So there you have it, Lily there are some nice fun backgrounds on the computerscrapbooking site.

The above sites should keep you from going to the fridge too often
I hope you enjoy them and find them of interest.

Cheers
Maria
Closed Thread