View Poll Results: How far are you willing to move from home (where the majority of your family lives)?
One our away 0 0%
2-5 hour drive 3 37.50%
Anywhere in my country 2 25.00%
Anywhere in the world 3 37.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2003, 09:52 AM   #1  
Eve's Mom

Default Monday, Monday...

Starting the thread...
Old 05-26-2003, 10:11 AM   #2  
Eve's Mom

hey guys...I ask this question b/c b/f and I ended up talking about this again at 3am....he asked if I'd be willing to move to Ottawa, Vancouver, Montreal or Halifax. Of which only Vancouver have I been to, and that was only once...

I didnt' know what to say so I was honest. I said that thought of being far away from my mom and sisters scared me and that I really didnt' know. I said that I would move ot Edmonton, no problem. Vancouver, not bad either. ottawa/Mont/halifax...not so sure....

I guess after baby Carmen was born, I realized how scary and fragile life is and what would I do without my sisters?

Anyway, he didnt' seem upset by that, he just said that he would be there for me no matter what.

I am glad I was honest....

Well, I had a good OP weekend. I earned 17 activity points in one bike ride. Yup, I can't walk today. Holy Dina!! I also ate well, and planted flowers in planters on our fence - very nice and summer-y!! And I bathed my 2 dogs!

How are you all this fine monday??
Old 05-26-2003, 12:43 PM   #3  
Proud Canadian

So lots of people have answered the poll but no posts. mmm, I hope we're not all posting at the same time. I voted not further than 5 hours away from my family. I live within 40 mins of my Mom and dad, both grandmothers and my little sister and big brother. My big sister moved away but she's hoping to move back in a few years. I've always said I'd like to live in New Zealand for a while but I would never stay more than six months. I just couldn't deal with not having them near me. Plus I love BC so I couldn't see myself leaving here.
I had a relatively uneventful weekend. Mostly studying. I went grocery shopping because I have no food in the house. Now I'm back on plan. Isn't interesting how we can only lose 2 pounds a week or so but we can gain 5? I'm pulling up the bootstraps and getting rid of the junk food I've surrounded myself with for the past two weeks and by the end of this week I will be back to exercising regularily. YAY! OK, I've got some work to do but anyone who isn't having a lovely long weekend, feel free to stop by and post!
KT
Old 05-26-2003, 10:12 PM   #4  
Canadian Chick

Hey girls, I guess all of our American friends have the day off. I know you're all gone for the day too. I just go back from my meeting & I'm super excited b/c I'm down 4.4!! I'm super excited. I have been feeling really motivated lately On the weekend I managed to go out for supper & later for drinks & I stayed within my points! Awesome! I am so glad I'm making ti work this time! Anyway just thought I'd share that with you all.

Belle, I like to imagine that I could live somewhere else to experience another culture but in reality I don't think I could. I'm 2.5 hours from home & it seems almost too far sometimes.

KT, Wtg on getting back on track. You've done it before so you can do it again. Btw only two more sleeps until the Amazing Race!

Hopefully I'll have time to pop in tomorrow. Have a great evening everyone!
Closed Thread