Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2001, 02:24 PM   #16  
Eve's Mom

Hi girls! How are you? what's new and exciting? I've been OP and I need to head out for a quick lunchtime walk as well, so I am going to try to make this short....as short as I can be anyway!

Kirsty - cute pic!! What a cutie petewtie!

Becky - good luck at WI - I am looking forward to moving out - I have to seriously consider a budget and then go and look for a place - its nice cuz I am in no rush, I have a home and don't need to get the first thing that comes my way. I am hoping to walk to work!! Then I can save gas, parking and mileage! anyway, hang in there!! If you are persistant, it will happen sooner or later.....we are all in this together!!

Stacey - I can relate - I have been maintianing or only slight losses since my little 1 lb gain and I feel terrible about it. Did you joing the self challenge? that has been motivating me somewhat lately.....

Lolly - you won't read this until later, but good luck at your book thingy!! I hope you look smashing! I am sure you will.....enjoy your time in the spotlite.....

Hey Ali!! how's it going? Made any big decisions about your career yet? When you talk about school I get nasty flashbacks - I loved University, hated the exams.....oh well!

Sarah - I hope for more this week too - I guess I shoudl be eating at the lower end of pts. Do you use your points booster to count exercise points? I do but I try not to eat them ( now I sound like Ms. Pac Man)

Hi Brenda!! Well, if I had a husband to show off....hee hee hee.. but this ex I left, cuz he wasn't treating me well at all, and he lays on the guilt about how his life is worse now that I am gone....it sucks!! Its very stressful. My current b/f used ot know him when I dated him and he never liked him....then when we started dating I wondered if it was cuz he liked me....hmm....men, can't live with em can't shoot em.

Hi to Kierie, Emily, Kim, Debbie, Suzanne, Stephanie, Kiminey, Heather, everyone else and all lurkers....we know you are out there.

Have a good day!!

Belle
Old 03-07-2001, 02:35 PM   #17  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Default I am finally here in body, not mind!

OK, before I forget I will tell you ha\ow to do the little pic! I just had to check myself, since I discovered it while playing around... Go to Profile.... Edit Options.... scroll to the bottom to Avatar. That is what the little pic is called! You want add you own. I saved mine on my harddrive so it pulls it from there. The pic has to be 60 x 60 pixels. I just cropped mine down till I got that size. Basically, I played around until it worked!! Good luck!!!

This morning was aweful. Aweful work meeting and now I have a headache and would really like to go to bed!!!

SELF CHALLENGE UPDATE! I am on a roll! Last night I did a brick aerobic walk with the dog AND did 20 minutes of strength training! Yah for me! That makes 2 aerobic workouts, 1 flexibility and 1 strength so far this week! YAHHHHHH... and I have my nutirional all in check since I am within my points all week! If I keep this up, I should do very well at WI on Saturday!!

I hate to type and run without getting personal... but I have way too much to do this afternoon! Have a great day all and GET MOVING!!
Old 03-07-2001, 02:41 PM   #18  
A Yankee in Virginia

Thumbs up Be forewarned!

I'm kind of in a foul mood. I went to WI today after missing last week and gained 1.8. I'm so depressed, but I'm a little angry too. Granted, I wasn't staying exactly on program for the past two weeks, but I feel like I can't have any fun or it comes back to haunt me. Can't drink, can't eat out with friends, just have to eat chicken and light bread all the time! It's not fair, wah, wah, wah. So I REALLY don't want to do any work today, and I just might be able to get away with it. My story from the training thing I went to Monday and Tuesday isn't due until next Thursday, so I can procrastinate for a little while longer.

I'm going to go to the gym tonight, and maybe I'll sign on for that Self challenge, too. I picked up the magazine a week ago and still haven't gotten around to reading the whole thing.

Kierie, Becky: I hear you about the single thing! Just about all my high school and college friends are married and now they're starting to have babies. I've only been a bridesmaid twice, but I've been to so many wedding in the past five years. It tends to get a little depressing. I actually burst out crying (and not from happiness, this was practically hysterical crying) at a friend's wedding a few years ago because I was so depressed that my b/f and I were living apart and never saw each other! I spent most of the reception outside. Now we've been together 4 years, and I can't get him to propose. It's really starting to irritate me — he KNOWS how much I want to — so he may be getting an ultra-ultimatum pretty soon. Believe me, I've asked him tons of times, but he wants to do it "right," whatever the **** that means.

OK, I'm feeling myself getting very ornery so I better go.

Kim
206.8/187.4 /130

Last edited by kimobi; 03-07-2001 at 02:47 PM.
Old 03-07-2001, 02:48 PM   #19  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Hey Jen! Thanks for the info! My picture isn't true to life, but I love kitties, so it will work for now!
Must get back to work!
Kim: Thinking about you! My fiance and I were together for 3 years and lived together for 2 of them until he finally proposed. I was getting ready to give him the "ask or I'm moving" speech. I just had to be mentally ready to act on my ultimatum. I hope everything works out for yoU!
Old 03-07-2001, 03:01 PM   #20  

Good afternoon everyone!

I am really busy at work this week, and have been going thru withdrawals not being able to post here as often as normal!

I hope to get some time at home tonight reading everyone's posts!

But, since we have pic capabilities, I wanted to post our family pic from 1.5 years ago.

Talk to you all later!!!!
Old 03-07-2001, 03:16 PM   #21  

Hey, its me again, I am having so much fun looking thru my pics I have saved on my computer, I thought I would post one more...this is me about 5 pounds heavier than I am now. I am the blonde....

Later!!
Old 03-07-2001, 03:37 PM   #22  
Believe it & Achieve it

Hey all! Well, yesterday was day 2 of the self challenge and I did it!!! I did use 3 banked pointed cause I was really hungry but then I went and did strentgh training and put two points back in the bank. LOL. After walking for and hour yesterday and then 30 min of strength training I was hurting!I had to literally crawl to bed last night. I peeked at the scale this morning and it said that I have lost 1.5 pds since Monday. Yeah for me!

Tonya: love the pics. your kids are so cute. You look great!

Kim: Big hugs!!!!! I was feeling depressed last month to and had the same problems that you do (food wise, can't have fun etc) I finally decided that I was'nt happy being fat and pulled myself out of the rut. I would much rather eat an orange than eat out! I'm rooting for you. good luck with the B/f thing. I to know how frustrating that waiting can be.

Stacey: i had a HC pizza to for lunch today! I really liked it, I'm sorry it dissapointed you, I hate it when I really am looking forward to something and then it does'nt taste good to me. I will have to try the Lean Cuisine ones to. If you have a bread machine a lady gave me a recipe for a 8 pt. pizza crust (the recipe makes enough for two pizza's).I'm planning on making several veggie pizza's and freezing them.

Kirsty: love the pic, you were so cute!

well, I don't have much time. Hi to Belle, Lolly, Becky, KO, Suzanne, Jen and Ali and all the lurkers who can't come out and play. LOL.

I'll try to check in at naptime!

Emily
Old 03-07-2001, 04:38 PM   #23  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Wow Tonya! Great pictures!! I need to get a before and current picture scanned. That would be interesting, huh? Well, boss is on her way back to the office, so I'd better get........
Old 03-07-2001, 04:58 PM   #24  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Hello all. Well, as it seems to be the story going around here, I have been so busy. Hopefully I will be able to finish this post before my phone rings...again. Lets see, when was the last time I was really able to post. What has been going on. I have been really good being on program this week. Oh, Jen, I would like to start the Self Challange, but due to my extream cold/flu thing that has been lingering, I have not been able to workout this week (I can bearly breath just sitting at my desk typing) So, I am going to start on Monday. I will be a week behind but that is ok. Would anyone who has been toying with the idea to start but not done so with the first wave like to join me?

AHHH, my Diet Dr Peper just exploded. Maybe that is a sign from God that I have had too many today.

Oh, this may be TMI, but I am really happy to say that my radiologist now thinks that I may not have to have the lumps in my breast out, that thay may not have grown as much as he thought, and that I can just continue to watch them via ultrasound. I am so happy. I just did not want to have that complication in my life right now.

Kim: Don't get discuraged. Remember this program is all about choices and one of the choices can be that this week I am not going to follow program or that tonight I am not going to follow program, or what ever. Sure, these choices can have conciquencies, but I feel like if I was in control and made a choice, the gain is ok because that was my choice. It is the times that I feel out of control that I can not stand. I know it can get really frustraing that some people can eat EVERYTHING and not gain weight and others can not...but I try to remind myself that it could be worse. I could have some horrible thing and in comparison, this is not too bad. Boy, there are so many mind games with this thing. BUT YOU ARE DOING GREAT and there will be set-backs along the way. Oh, CONGRATULATIONS on your awards!!!! Hey, is there some place on-line that we can read some of your stuff? I would love that.

Emily: Great job on the Self challange and all!!!

Tonya: your pictures are great!!! Your family is so cute. Hope work slows down for you soon. Mine is crazy as well. But right now I just really needed a break!

Stacey: YOur kitty picture is really cute. I was thinking about pizza (it is 3 and I have not had lunch yet). I really like the WW frozen pizza. And if I am really adventuous and have some extra points (ha) I as a little Healthy Choice FF Pizza Cheese (It comes shreaded). It melts very well and I like my pizza really cheesy.

Jen: I am not sure if I posted yet that your picture is really great. Don't get too upset about where you are right now. You will get back down and you have been doing so well. Thank you for the Self challange motivation! Oh, I am also not sure if I said that YOU SHOULD BE MAD AT THAT LADY AT THE STORE AND I WOULD WRITE A LETTER TO HER BOSS!!! Just had to yell that, really mad for you!

Belle: I also vote on finding a great place to move to on your own. It can be an adjustment to living alone, but it can also be so rewarding. You really do need a place to feel grounded. Also, I bet your mom might be a little afraid of living alone as well (if this is the case) and letter you go. But I have found that my relationship got even better. We were able to really spend quality time together and still develop a new sence of ourselves (both of us). Hope you find a great place. Also, ex-boyfriends cna be strange. If this guy is a bum (and if he did not treat you well then he is) then don't let him upset you now. Sure, he thinks you look great etc because YOU DO! You are right, MEN!

Becky: I also think think I can eat a lot on weigh in days. The thing is, I hate to play catch up the rest of the week. This is really hard for me as well. Hey, why don't we make a goal for this week to stay on points weigh in day (or for next week if you like. I weigh in on Saturday and already blew-it last Saturday). Maybe that will help. Also, put the WI behind you. It is just one place on the journey and you can move on from there. GOOD JOB getting back with the program!!

ILGBG: hope work slows down for you.

Brenda: Hey, 6pts is not that bad over...and your dinner sounds so yummy! I sure wish I had some Zimma right now. I could use one...or two...or three...maybe it is a good thing I don't have any right now. Hey, are you starting the Self challange? I remember you saying that you wanted to? what to start Monday with me so we can join the rest of these motivated women?

Sarah: You are doing so well. You know, even if the scale does not right away show a big loss, remember that you are getting stronger and it will all come off in the end. Really, you are doing so well that has been a big motivation for me to get back with it!!! Good job!

Kirsty: really cute picture. Hey, what is sticky toffiee pudding? I don't think we have that here. I bet I would liek it however. You are such a good friend to let Lolly see the picture first (one that I am sure both of you look great in. With that kind of accomplishment who cares what you look like! Great job you two!)

Lolly: Have fun at the book party. Hey, I tried to buy a copy and it was out. You are a sell-out!!! Oh, and I hear you about frizzy hair. This time of year my hair gets sooooooo frizzy. I just had mine cut yesterday and I don't think I like it too much. I hate bad hair days.

Ali: Hey, I think b's are great! Good job and good luck with the rest.

Kierie: I am like you...you can hear me streach for a mile. I guess that is a sign that I need to do it more.

Ok, I think I have written two books here. Sorry for anyone that I missed. I really hope things slow down here so that I can talk with you all more frequently. I so hate it when work interfears with life!

Take care
Trish
193.2/186.2/155
5'10"

PS, I am not going to spell check even though I really need to because I think that is making my netscape crash. This is too long to retype.

Sorry for all the spelling problems. I am the worst speller ever!!
Old 03-07-2001, 04:59 PM   #25  
Parrothead

Default WI tonight!

Hello everyone! It is so much fun putting faces to names now. All of your pictures are so awesome! Thanks for the compliments on my pic (I am blushing). I loved my photographer for the wedding. He was very professional and kept me at ease. I am very swamped at work today and I have to be able to go to WI tonight, so I don't have enough time to post a lot. It sounds like everyone is doing fab on the program. I only wish I were. I just hope I didn't gain because I haven't been on the best behavior lately. I think I'm just in a little bit of a rut. I also love to bake and made an oreo cheesecake this weekend for a dinner party. I've only had 1/16 of the cake in the past couple of days, so I guess it could be worse. I only wish I would have tried to make the cake lower in points. Oh well, the cake is safe and secure now at DH's work!

As far as the earlier discussions go ~ moving out on my own was the best decision I made. In fact I liked it so much that getting married had been an adjustment! Even though I'm married now, I used to feel the same at weddings. I didn't think I would ever get married. My DH and I dated for three years before we we're engaged and the engagement was over a year. I finished college 2 years ahead of him and he also said he needed to get his life together before he made the leap. I am so glad we took our time. It was the greatest learning experience to support myself and know that I can make it if God-forbid I ever have to again.

Anyway ~ wish me luck at WI...
Have a great rest of the day, and I'll catch up with all of ya'll soon!
Kay
Old 03-07-2001, 05:52 PM   #26  
Go Avalanche!!

Default Free From Work!!

Doing OK, have succumbed to some mini malt eggs, but I know I’m having Jeff’s mom’s homemade green chile tonight (Burritos!!) so I ate yogurt and veggies for lunch. I’m chipping away at my bad habits little by little.

Kirsty: Just call it the Scottish version of a LIIT!

Becky: I’m the same way on WI day. Why do we think it’s such a good excuse? We’re only human. I don’t know of anyone who hasn’t had that thought.

Belle: Heheheheh. I agree on the can’t live with ‘em, can’t shoot ‘em theory. Nothing else but being Belle matters! Don’t forget that!

Kim: I’m right there on the same page with you about things coming back to haunt you. I don’t have a solution. If I did I wouldn’t have been working on this for 2/12 years. All I can say is that at some point, there has to be a click like there was when we started WW right? I don’t know what it is, but I’m not willing to give up on it no matter how close I am to quitting sometimes! I have yet to be able to get on the self web site to sign up for the challenge. I think I really need to. I’m hoping it helps. On the ‘no proposal’ thing. I don’t know what to tell you there either. Honestly Jeff proposed after we’d been together 4 ½ years (and lived together for 2) and if I hadn’t gotten a ring I would have started to wonder what was wrong. Maybe you need to come at it from a different angle. I know Jeff would have totally rebelled at an ultimatum. I guess you need to figure out if it’s really a commitment issue or if he just wants to get you a bigger ring that he can afford or something like that. *hugs*

Emily: Yeah for the exercise. Keep it up!!

Trish: MEMEMEMEMEMEME!!! I have to get this challenge started! Maybe I’ll try getting on the website tonight from home. I can post or e-mail you and let you know. If you chose a start date when do we want to start. Kim? You too?? I was laughing at your sign from God! Good to hear that you don’t have to have them removed. I know you were stressing about it.

Kay: Hey, I think there’s a group of us all in the same rut!

Holy Cow! Time to go home! Have to take the dog in for shots. Poor baby. Lufya all!!
Old 03-07-2001, 05:59 PM   #27  
A Yankee in Virginia

Trish: Thanks for the pep talk. I needed it! I ate half a chocolate bar this afternoon when I was having a "I'm going eat anything I want" moment, but then I realized how silly that was. Gotta just keep chanting, nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!

As for my stories ... my paper's website is www.roanoketimes.com. The stories expire after a week, but the execution stories are still there (last Friday and Saturday's papers), and there are icons to certain stories still there, such as a shooting in a gay bar last year (Backstreet Cafe shooting) and the recent murder of a Hooters waitress (Tina Louise Foster case). Happy reading!
Old 03-07-2001, 06:25 PM   #28  
A Yankee in Virginia

Brenda: I think we were posting at the same time. Just wanted to say thanks. I guess I have balked at the whole ultimatum thing because I am scared of Brian's reaction. It seems like there's nothing I can say that will get him to speed the process. He tells me he had a ring, and has said that for a year, so I wondering: Where is it? All my snooping has turned up nothing. (remember, I snoop for a living. I can never turn it off!)

Brenda and Trish: I'd be interested in picking a Self start date too!

Well, I'm about to go home after a day of doing nothing. I did go to three meetings, but that doesn't really count as work! The file I called up for the story due next week is completely blank!

See you all tomorrow!
Old 03-07-2001, 10:22 PM   #29  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Just a quickie b/c im in th emiddle of writing an obituary EUGH! its for class and i hate this
BUT whatever doesnt kill me makes me stronger
I went to the doc today with an ear throat stomach exhaustion thing not in correlation to the stretching but just the general malaise i have had the last few weeks I hate the doc
so i toddled off to the health center looking like Sh1te b/c ofcourse i had a SUPER hot doc with no visible wedding ring
but what i also have is an upper respiratory infection which means no aerobics or strength training but im going to continue the stretchign and see if i can get a yoga tape
anyway back to work
Thanks for all the support you guys
Kierie
PS I was engaged for a year NEVER got the ring and broke it off before he could give it to me id say that was lucky lol
Old 03-07-2001, 10:52 PM   #30  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Kim, I was thinking about you and your situation. Brett is like Jeff in the way that an ultimatum is not the way to go. I, too, was snooping one year (it was our 2 year anniversary) and I didn't find the ring, so I thought he had it and was going to propose for our anniversary. Instead, I got an ironing board as a gift. I can look back now and laugh, but at the time, laughing was the LAST thing on my mind. Brett said he was going to totally suprise me and by golly, he did! He proposed in the middle of the afternoon, after cleaning house. So, he can honestly say I wasn't expecting it. I basically had to quit stressing about the whole getting engaged idea and when the strong urge died down was when he asked me. That, and I had already set the date and requested a year to plan, so on July 1st 2000, he asked.
Ok, I'm ready for bed now. It's late. What's up with the clock? I never can tell when people are really posting.
Have a good night and I'll "see" everyone tomorrow.
Closed Thread