Old 08-26-2012, 10:15 PM   #46  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Always smart to refocus.
After not getting much exercise this week, today I weeded and worked in the garden for 1 1/2 hours, played in the pool, and then bowled 2 games with my dd, dgrandson, and dh. Busy day and instead of feeling tired, I'm energized. Yay.

Let's have a great week. Sending to all of us.
Judy
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:50 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Hey All!!! We are almost at the end!!!! (Summer and challenge!)

Judy -It was just a Terri long weekend!!! Our Canadian long weekend is this coming weekend, we get Monday off (Labour Day) and then kids go back to school. We booked a few extra long weekends this summer which was nice!!

Bandit -Love the hot days and cool nights, spent weekend at lake it was a great weekend!!!

Princess hope you and hubby are mending well!

Cherry glad you are checking in and having success!! You are doing great!

Well I must report my summer I have kept going to the gym, I usually stop going for one reason or another!!! But I have kept at it!!! So challenge successful for me!!!

Have a great Monday Gals!

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:58 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles

Terri - nice job on sticking with the challenge! Good for you.

Judy - sounds like you had a busy day, nice

Princess - hope you are doing well and getting some rest for yourself.

This week I am going to get in more exercise. This a.m. I pulled out my
Walk Away the Pounds 3 mile video, which I completed before work & tonight
I have bowling. So good start to the week.

All - I really need to do better
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:39 PM   #49  
Chick

Terri, thanks for the clarity on 4day weekend. That was cute!! Congrats and on through the summer. That is really great and I'm so glad the challenge helped you!!!!

Bandit, weigh to go on getting the exercise in and the bowling. I realize how much I do enjoy it when I go with my family. Good to get out and have fun.

Judy
Old 08-29-2012, 10:20 AM   #50  

Morning turtles

On track & yesterday I did 2 miles of my tape in the a.m. and went for
a hour long walk at the lakefront with some gfs, gorgeous night for that
and tonight I have a walking date, so that will be abit different.

Hope all you gals are doing great!
Old 08-29-2012, 06:59 PM   #51  
Chick

Hi Gals,
Bandit, love to see that exercise you're working in.

I was reminded today of what a difference a day can make. Sunday was great. Monday was terrible. So depressing with a billion tiny medical "issues" that any one taken by itself was nothing, but all together it was a bit much. Woke up Tuesday determined to turn things around at least in my head which I did. Then today my dh got on track and has decided to work hard to keep himself healthy. We headed out to the boardwalk (do I sense the applause??), then ran errands. Also turned out that he is needed to continue working part time two nights a week for about four hours each. He teaches science at a community college and it's so good for his brain to keep on keepin' on. so, although we thought he'd take this semester off, he has decided to work this semester anyway. So, one day here, another day there and everything can change. I need to remember that each day is a gift and that we can turn anything around. It's a good feeling.

I hope this makes sense because I'm rambling

Sending : and to all of us who have gotten through the summer. I'm all for patting ourselves on the back for all the good things we accomplished. Onward and downward.
Judy
Old 08-30-2012, 12:00 PM   #52  

Looks like things have been a little slow on here. No thanks to me, huh? I am feeling fairly good since the surgery and atleast have been able to drink more water without feeling horribly full. Weight this week down to 172.8 My first goal on my ticker was 175 but i am not really sure how low i want to go. I have never been small and feeling pretty comfortable with myself now. I am thinking maybe another 10 pounds for now. My husband has lost a lot of weight also and we both cant believe how different we look. I do want to adventually work towards some toning cause i do have a little loose skin but exercise is hard for me right now with the stomach issues and surgery.

Hey to all the turtles. Hope everyone is having a good day. We are almost to the weekend. Just keep on keepin' on.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:54 PM   #53  
Chick

Cherry, I am blown away by your success!!!! I admire you so much. You did all this with so many challenges!!!! :

Good for all us Turtles to have you chime in with your success.

Turtles,
Having a good day. Food is better. Exercise is better. Weather broke here for a bit and I could walk outside. Over the weekend it's supposed to be real hot again, but then I'll swim. Sounds like a plan. We expect kids, etc. over the weekend and BBQ, so it should be fun.
Judy
Wishing you all a great weekend!!!! Official end of summer, but it's been nice.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:37 PM   #54  

Judy- Thank you for the kind words. Though i feel like many of the challenges is what help me break through and start losing weight. I had an addiction to carbs in pizza and if i went for longer than three days i had actual break downs with full blown panic attacks and it was scary but when it triggered several gallbladder attacks that brought me to my knees i had no choice but to stop eating them. Once i was through that strong addiction part I have really made huge changes in my eating and am actually thankful for the challenges that helped me. Even though i was in pain daily there for awhile.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:59 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone and happy Friday! still very busy here and trying to get back to normal. I have started Physical Therapy and also to see a chiropractor so hopefully that will help.

Scale is up even more this week but I know I have been snacking more and that needs to stop.

Take care everyone!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:05 PM   #56  
Chick

DD and dgrandson here starting Labor Day weekend a little early. I'm just back from food shopping and was kind to myself by buying cut up veggies and fruit for snacking. Also saw a tiny shrimp ring that works for us. Yay.
I'm tired, but the main stuff is done.

Have a great weekend.
So glad the challenges are working out for us. Maybe we'll take a little break and then set up a Halloween challenge. What do you think?

Cherry, that is an amazing pizza story. Wow! So glad you could work through panic attacks and pain to get to your outcome. You've done so well.

Princess, hoping the chiropractor can help you out a lot! :

To everybody: have a great weekend!!! I'm doing so much better again.
Judy
Old 09-03-2012, 07:40 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Hello all and happy Monday and happy Labor Day! I did not make it to WI this week just too much stuff going on and DH is not feeling well this weekend so it is about all I can handle.

I hope that everyone is doing well and enjoying the longer weekend.
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:30 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Hey All !!

Can't beleive its September!!!! Glad to be getting back to routine! I have the day off today, am going to stock up on the fruits and veggies!! Make a low carb meal for freezer to have handy for lunches, and get in a walk.

Cherry you have done so well! We are all beaming with pride!!! You go girl!!! (and your hubby too!)
Princess Hope hubby is feeling a bit better everyday and you too!
Judy the ready made fresh stuff is so handy, why do we feel guilty about buying it!! Here's to getting back on track!
Bandit how was the walking date? Still hot here eh? You must be loving the weather!!!
I must get real and hop on the scale, I am afraid! I have been exercising, but must get the eating back under control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:09 PM   #59  

Hi turtles - extra long weekend which was great and the weather was absolutely fabulous. Raining today, buts that OK - the weekend is what mattered the most weatherwise.

Terri - yes, loving the heat and my walking date was good. We had gone for dinner 2 times before the walking & he is a nice fellow, but I don't feel any
attraction there other than some company. So we will see

Cherry - congrats on such a great weight loss!

Judy/Princess - glad you ladies are doing OK and Judy, nice job on being prepared food-wise (I love getting the fruit all cut up & I think you will eat more of it that way, rather than throwing 1/2 in garbage)

I had lots of fun on weekend, sitting on patio, dancing, sitting around the fire and having a few too many snacks & drinks. But, I did get some walking & swimming in but I do feel bloated and tired today.

So, lets all get back at what we know makes us feel good.

Have a great week!
Old 09-05-2012, 04:54 PM   #60  
Chick

Gals, we're running long. See you all over on #282 Bale of Turtles Ready for a New Challenge!
Judy