Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2003, 03:21 PM   #16  
Andrew

Hi-Wow, what a lot of posts! I am sitting in front of the computer and I just ate two chocolate chip cookies and two milk & cereal bars (some sickly sweet no good for you snack that my son loves). I am going to WI tonight and I have mostly had a great week and was hoping to hit my 20 lb mark and here I am sabotaging it. I am very stressed and when I stress I eat! My husb, Timmy, has guardianship of his 67 year old ******ed uncle. His name is Norman and phsychologically (did I spell that right?) he is 5 1/2 years old. We have taken care of him for about 10 years now and he lives in an apartment attached to our house. Timmy has five brothers and his father that live in our area but none of them could be bothered to take care of Norman after his mother died (Timmy's grandmother) so we took him in. We never thought a thing about it really because Timmy's grandmother asked him to make sure Norman never went to a nursing home or boarding home and he promised her it would never happen. He is just another family memeber and our son, Andrew, has grown up with him. Anyway, about 6 weeks ago we found out that he has terminal bone cancer and he has steadily declined since then. Tonight we have to bring his hospital bed out into the living room and he is going to be bed ridden because his bones are being eaten away by the cancer and he can no longer stand or walk except for seconds at a time. The nurse and us feel it is safer to be in bed because he is going to fall and shatter his bones if we keep trying to ambulate him. I don't want him to be in any more pain than he already is. They are going to insert a catheter in him tomorrow and they have prescribed a pain patch as well. He is taking Vicadin but it is not doing the job. I just feel so bad for him. When Timmy and I were split up and I would go to visit Norman, he would say "The house just don't seem the same without you here Robin." Well, it sure is not going to be the same without him here either. I'm wondering how my son is going to handle it. Probably better than me. Anyway-sorry to unload. I've been keeping this to myself because-well, I don't know why. That's just the way I am. But everyone once in a while I crack-like today and I just need some support. I wish my Mom lived in ME instead of MI because sometimes you just need your Mom to say everything is going to be OK. I wish she were here to hug me and tell me that right now. What a big baby I am. So-I hpe I will still hit my 20 lb mark tonight, despite my little sugar setback. Wish me luck.

Jayne-I've always wanted to do stamping. I love doing crafts. How do you get the different color paint/ink on them without it running? I've tried looking it up on the internet but I can't seem to find detailed instructions.

Laura-That was great that your cousin asked you to do that. What a shame that she has to face something like that at such a young age.

Tonya-That would be so exciting if you WERE pregnant. Would you want that?

Lori-Keep going to the gym every morning! Go for me too because I can't seem to get my fat *** moving.

Kim-New job, new home. Congratulations. Do you watch Trading Spaces? There are lots of good ideas for decorating on there. I'm addicted to it. Welcome back.

Jess-What are the WATP tapes I keep hearing about? Where do you get them?

KT-Glad you Dad is doing better.

Talk to ya later.
Old 03-19-2003, 04:06 PM   #17  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

HI, it's me the PG lady checking in. I lurk a lot because, well, I just don't fit in at the moment, in more ways than one! I am now 5-9 weeks until the big day. That is a give or take 2 weeks. So I am at 33 weeks at the moment and very uncomfortable. On Monday I measured 37 and freaked, but the doc said she suspected the baby was arching.

That is about it.
Old 03-19-2003, 04:29 PM   #18  
Andrew

Jen-Don't stop posting just because you're pregnant! This is more than just a WW site. Take care.
Old 03-19-2003, 05:53 PM   #19  
Proud Canadian

Robin - I tried to post this earlier but my computer crashed. I just wanted to let you know that there is a shortage of people like you and timmy in this world and your uncle is a lucky person to have had you both in his life. Don't worry about Andrew, kids deal with this stuff much better than adults. You might be surprised at how well he'll get through it. Here's a big hug. Let us know how WI went.
Jen - stop by more often!! we love to know how you're doing. Are you all ready for baby? Is work OK? Is Emma looking forward to her new sibling?
KT
Old 03-19-2003, 06:16 PM   #20  
Andrew

I LOST 2.2, FOR A TOTAL OF 20.2!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-19-2003, 06:20 PM   #21  
Proud Canadian

YAY ROBIN!!! Congrats on breaking the 20!!!
KT
Closed Thread