3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Clubs and Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups-106/)
-   -   #277 Bale of Turtles Kicking It!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups/256699-277-bale-turtles-kicking.html)

KimL1214 04-16-2012 10:31 AM

terrod99~ I hope you have a great week as well!

Princess1122~ My dad had a double hip replacement and he wanted to be ready to go after a couple weeks... found out pretty quick that it was going to work that way! Slow and steady wins the race, right? Just remind her to work hard, but not too hard as she doesn't want any set backs. Good to hear she is recovering well so far!

Itryharder~ Thank you for encouraging everyone daily, it means a lot! Have a great week!

I only managed to get about three hours of sleep last night, so I'm concerned about how well my day will go. Unfortunately, exhaustion or being over tired are a big cause for over eating for me. Cravings seem to be so much worse when I'm tired. If I can get through the school day without grabbing something evil, then I should be okay. I plan on grabbing a nap this afternoon when I get home, and then going about my normal evening schedule.
I was pumped with my weigh-in yesterday! I've been stuck at 260.0 for a few days and yesterday morning I saw 257.2!!! I thought it might be a one day fluke, but then I saw 257.8 this morning! I'm happy to be under 260, ecstatic to be at 257!!! Have a great day everyone!

bandit2 04-16-2012 10:56 AM

Morning turtles

I also didn't sleep well last night - but that is a regular Sun evening thing for me. I usually doze off Sun afternoon if watching TV so that is the problem.

Terri - I was at my walking centre this a.m. before 6 and got in my 3 mile walk and quick hot-tub First time trying that out & actually was worked well.
Got myself organized last night. So will see how I feel this afternoon with getting up extra early. So far so good.

Weekend was hectic but got lots done & all set for a new week.

All - hope everyone stays on track & has successful week.

Tonight am going to meeting on gluten so hopefully that will be interesting.

Itryharder 04-16-2012 06:02 PM

Hi turtles,
Well, I got a lot of nothing done today. Lol. Had a bone density scan. Then waited for Cablevision to install----switching from one to other. They brought wrong boxes, so we set up a date for another time. Food, surprisingly has been pretty good. I had made French Onion soup for my dinner with friends Friday night. and I had the leftovers without bread tonight. It filled me in more than I thought. Someone asked what I served:
meatloaf, mac and cheese, carrots, huge salad with cut up pears and a mustard/red wine vinegar dressing. friend brought cake and I started the meal with French Onion soup----made the easy way with bread I toasted and just put on a cookie sheet and sprinkled some parm on top and broiled it. Then I placed that on top of the hot soup. Save loads of calories that way. I think the soup is so good, I don't even treat myself to the bread. Although my menu was loaded with comfort foods, I actually DID load my plate 1/2way with salad. I ate lots of the carrots----no harm there---splash of balsamic vinegar and 1T. brown sugar for the whole pound. Yummy and gave me something to chew on. That always helps.

Princess, I hear that you're tired. You've got a lot going on. I hope your dm feels better soon and has a great rehab. :goodvibes:

Bandit, sorry your friend passed. Sending you :love:
I hope you dinner date out was fun. You have a great social life!

KimL, wow what a spectacular weight loss! Keeping track really does work.
You go, girl!!! :goodscale: :balloons: :cheer: :bravo: Keep up the good work~when you're tired, try and grab a nap sometime. You are doing this!

Terri, I'm sending :goodvibes: for a decent night's sleep soon. You deserve it! Way to go with the exercise. :tread:

Cherry and Life4, chime in when you can. This group keeps me going. Sometimes when I get discouraged, I have to remember that 2 1/2years ago I weighed 216-220# Now I'm in the 180-185# range. I intend to get into 170's and then land up at 160# asap. Got my work cut out for me, but I can do this! Got some yard work done today and that's always a good thing.

Judy
234.6/188/179 and thinner :cool: on to goal!!!!

Princess1122 04-17-2012 05:05 AM

Morning everyone, yesterday was busy and long since I watch the grandbaby on Monday evening after work. The scale is up but I guess I am not surprised, I have not really exercised and food while not horrible it was not totally great either. I will work on it!

Sounds like everyone is tired and sleep is limited for us all...

Take care everyone as usual I am running late and need to get going.

terrod99 04-17-2012 05:54 AM

Good morning All!

Slept a bit better am up and going to Y, going to get there Tues wed and Thurs this week. That is my goal!!! LOw carb and low cal for Tues-Thurs, trying the Womens day article. A new study showed women had more sucess (lost more weight)doing this Tues-Thurs than ones that tried all 7 days. So am going to hop on scale today too! Something I have been avoiding!!!!!

Bandit you will be tired in the afternoon but you adjust after awhile. Good for you!
All thanks for the good sleep vibes they helped!!!

Terri

Itryharder 04-17-2012 09:23 AM

Stopping by to say I am sending :goodvibes: to all of us who need more sleep and more rest.

Also I'm sending a :cheer: for all of us trying to fit some :exercise: into our busy lives. I got on the :tread: twice this week. No where near enough, but better than I had been doing.

Also sending the honorable :chef: hat for all of us tracking, making big salads, and looking for new recipes. We can do this!

Nice day to look forward to today. I'm getting my hair done (I love the gal who cuts my hair----she's a great listener lol) and then onto my writing group which is diverse and fun. Retirement is a good thing!

Okay. Let's all have a great food wise day.
Judy
234.6/188/179 and thinner soon I hope!

bandit2 04-17-2012 05:05 PM

Hi everyone

Terri - I got up again this a.m. and did my walking and feel pretty good.
Yesterday, I was abit tired around 3 pm but had a good nights sleep last night & was OK to go again this a.m. AND I have the whole night free since my exercise is done. Thanks again for suggesting this.

Judy - Enjoy your hair appointment, I love being pampered. Actually,
I am going this Friday and am well overdue, so looking forward to that.

Kim - nice job with the scale going down, keep at it!

Princess - hope your mom is doing well and you are keeping on top of things with being so busy.

Biggest Loser tonight!!

ALL - have a great evening and OP tomorrow.

See you "lighter"

Princess1122 04-18-2012 05:01 AM

Morning all and happy Wednesday to you all. Just a quick check in to see how everyone is doing.

Exercise has not been very good this week so I need to work on that, am thinking I need to really try and do it in the morning also so will try and figure out how to manage all of that.

Bandit: Great job on the excercise!

Terri: Good luck with the low carb plan!

Judy: Enjoy your pampering session, I love those times also!

Kim: How is your week going?

Cherry: Hope you are doing well!

Life: How are things going with you these days?

Have to run, have a great day!

terrod99 04-18-2012 05:47 AM

Happy Hump Day!!

Up and at it going to Y.
Eating went well yesterday! And you are never hungry when your having more protein.
Bandit hope the am exercise works!!! keep at it you will adjust, and yes then the whole evening is free!
All have a great day!!!

Terri

Princess1122 04-19-2012 05:03 AM

Good morning everyone and happy Thursday! Yesterday was non-stop start to finish so I am pretty tired today but got to knitting last night and it was great to see some of my friends.

I hope that everyone is having a great week! I have TOPS tonight so will see how that goes.

Have a great day all!

terrod99 04-19-2012 07:08 AM

Happy Thursday!!!

Didnot Y this morning, alarm not set!!! Will walk at lunch.

Bandit I'm so slow just caught your "see you lighter" thats a good one!!!!!

Princess you make such an effort and we appreciate you checking in every day!!!!!!!!!!!Thank you for being so great!

Judy how is your hair? I got my nails done with shellac polish they are suppose to last for up to 2 weeks. One day down so far so good!!!

Cherry Life Kim you gals keep at it!!!

Terri

Itryharder 04-19-2012 09:21 AM

Hi Gals,
My hair turned out great. I'm letting it grow longer which is so much fun.

Yesterday the BLTs were in my food again. Ugh. Today I am planning on having a great day. I need to keep on remembering that I don't need to be perfect, just good enough to lose some weight.

Have a great day! Yeah, Bandit----loved the See you lighter comment.
Weigh to go!
Terri, glad you're planning to :exercise: later today. Good way to plan ahead.
Princess, good luck at TOPS and glad you saw your buddies.

I saw friends last night. We've been meeting for so many years now and I always have a good time.

Okay, :goodvibes: to Cherry and Life and KimL and all the gals.
Have a great day!
Judy

Princess1122 04-20-2012 06:18 AM

Morning everyone and happy Friday everyone! Went to TOPS last night and had a loss there so that was good, the scale is still up from my last WW W/I but I am working on it and am eager to get to a meeting again since I missed last week, it helps to reset my frame of mind I think. Rode my bike to TOPS last night but then again it is not far at all from my house but it felt good to get out into the fresh air.

Judy: I have let my hair grow out also, it is to my shoulders now, it was longer but I found it too hard to manage so last time I went to see my beautician she took it to my shoulders which seems to work. I have struggled with lots of nibbeling this week... I need to get it back under control and think that a check in at WW will help me do that.

Terri: I am still trying to figure out how to do the W/O in the mornings! Great job on the lunch walk!

Have to run but have a great day all!

Itryharder 04-20-2012 03:10 PM

Princess, so glad you had a :goodscale: at TOPS. And yes, checking in at WW's is a good idea. You'll be right back on track. I know you will.

Having a hungry day, but I'm doing the right thing. Just had a diet Jell-o cup which I haven't bothered with in ages and you know what? it was good.
I have to remember that not everything I eat has to be delicious. Sometimes it'll be good enough just to be okay and filling. Have a pan of peppers and onions on stovetop. They'll caramelize and be yummy along with my dinner tonight. Yay.

Hey, sending :balloons: and :bravo: to all of us. We are doing this. A slip here and there is fine. Just pick ourselves up and get back on track.
Best of everything to all the Turtles@!
JUdy
234.6/187.6/179 and thinner :cool:

life4evr 04-21-2012 10:16 PM

Hi everyone just popping in real quick. Things are going so so. Alot going on with school and personal issues. Well go back and read ther other thread.