3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Clubs and Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups-106/)
-   -   #277 Bale of Turtles Kicking It!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups/256699-277-bale-turtles-kicking.html)

Itryharder 04-11-2012 07:00 AM

#277 Bale of Turtles Kicking It!!!

:carrot: :welcome3: We are the Turtle Group here on www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and the techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)

Itryharder 04-11-2012 07:05 AM

Good monring Turtles,
So much going on. Please check out thread #276 for lots of info.

I've been missing here and there since my dh and I are watching one of our grandkids during his spring/Easter break. Yesterday was fun. I bowled three games-----first time I've done that since my dd's birthday about 3years ago. My poor body feels it today. Muscles I guess I haven't used in a bit. Lol. Easter was tricky and last night I "needed" some candy. I threw out the rest of the candy and that was a good thing. I'll see my WW buddies this morning and also WI, so I'll be back to post my weight.

I'm :bravo: all the gals who are making the effort to exercise. I'm sending :goodvibes: to all who are experiencing health complications. And I'm sending encouragement to all of us. We are an especially nice group of people and deserve to have the fitness we are working toward.

Everybody have a great day!
Judy

bandit2 04-11-2012 10:02 AM

Good morning, turtles

Princess - glad to hear your moms surgery went well and hope she makes a speedy recovery.

Judy - thanks for starting our new thread, you keep us all organized.

Terri - Yes, soon will be lake time & then a whole different schedule sets in for me. This year, I am planning on spending lots of time up there since it is closer for me to drive to work from there and during the week very quiet so really nice.

Cool day today, but suppose to warm up by weekend

All - glad to see we are getting in our exercise. I have slacked off this week but planning on getting in a walk today on my lunch. It takes 40 min to walk around block 2 times & I count that as 2 miles.

Bigget loser is winding down & I was glad Kim got to stay another week.

Have a great day and good luck to everyone at the scales

Itryharder 04-11-2012 05:40 PM

Hi Gals,
I dropped 0.4# this week. Nothing to write home about, but it is a movement in the right direction.

Bandit, your plans for the summer at the lake sound great. Enjoy!

I'm always happy to start a new thread. Now that I know how it doesn't take much time. For the Newbies, when we run long, about 50 messages, I'll tell you I'm about to start a new thread, I'll give you the new number and title, and that's where we'll all continue to post.

have a great day!
Judy
234.6/188/179 and thinner! :cool:

KimL1214 04-11-2012 07:12 PM

terrod99~ I managed to squeeze my lunch walk in-between the rain drops today and felt awesome afterwards! What kinds of exercises do you do at the Y?

Princess1122~ Glad to hear your mom's surgery went well!

bandit2~ I was also super happy Kim made it another week!

Itryharder~ 0.4 loss is still a loss! I was lucky this Easter and was able to avoid all candy!

Have you ever come home just so tired that you feel like you have to take a nap? I'm normally a little tired, but get a second wind once I get home. That didn't happen today... I laid down, planning on a one hour nap... two and a half hours later I woke up! I guess I needed some sleep, but I'm worried it might mess me up for tonight. Once I eat dinner, I'm going to hop on the elliptistrider and crank out a workout which will hopefully help me sleep tonight. Nothing else very exciting here! Have a good evening everyone!

Princess1122 04-13-2012 05:48 AM

Good morning everyone and happy Friday!

I have been busy at work this week trying to get things caught up so that I can head north this afternoon to visit with my mom. They have moved her to a rehad facility already which seems so fast but my sister in law is there managing her care so I have faith that things are going as they should.

Did not make it to TOPS last night as I was trying to get things done around here but since TOM showed up I did not have high hopes anyway lol. Since I am traveling I will not make it to WW on Saturday either but will get on the scale so that I can keep myself accountable and on track even though it is "unofficial"

Over slept this morning so I really need to get moving, have a great day all!

terrod99 04-13-2012 07:10 AM

TGIF Turtles!!!
Princess take care of yourself too please!!! Sounds like you are burning the candle at both ends, I know sometime we have no other option! But try and get some rest this weekend.

Kim I use some of the machines and usually do 30-45 min on the treadmill, trying to work up to getting on the elipitcal, really wanting to learn to run. and yes i feel like napping sometime when I get home, Friday I get home a bit early and sometime do induldge in a little nap!!!

Bandit looks like we are getting April showers this weekend yuck!

Judy the scale moving in the right direstion is most certainly something to write home about!! We have to be thankful for the small things too!!!

Lets all have a great weekend!!!

Terri

Itryharder 04-13-2012 08:52 AM

TErri, what a great workout! You :exercise: yay!

KimL, I often feel like I'm tired. I have to watch that pretty closely because when I really need to lie down and rest for ten minutes or so, sometimes I ignore those signs and eat instead. Glad you got the sleep you needed.

Hey, does everyone know this? HALT
Never let yourself get too Hungry (as in don't skip meals)
Never let yourself get too Angry
Never let yourself get too Lonely
Never let yourself get too Tired

This HALT has helped me lots of times. Boredom, frustration, lack of sleep, forgetting to grab a snack every 2-3 hours,: all those things can play havoc with my weight loss.

Princess, sending :goodvibes: that your mom continues to heal and feel better. And yes, I know you're stretching yourself thin (no pun intended) so I hope you'll be able to see how your mom is doing, and then catch up a bit on what you need too. You're doing great. Keep up the good work!

We're having company today for dinner and tomorrow night we're going to an event at our local college. It should be great. Luckily house is still clean from Easter, so I'll run around a bit. Heading off now to get food for tonight and then I'll cook and hopefully grab a rest before our guests get here.
Lots of projects started and it feels so good to complete some now and then!
Cleared out our bookcases in the den and the shelves look empty now. I may just get back some of the videos so the shelves don't look so sad and lonely! Lol. We'll see.

Okay, everybody----do the best you can-----keep on the right track and let us know how you're doing.
Judy
234.6/188/179 and thinner :cool:

bandit2 04-13-2012 09:36 AM

Morning turtles

We had our installation of officers at Tops and banquet dinner last night
and since it started early, I missed the weigh in which was good, since
after last weekend I would have been up. So have to behave this week
and face scale next week.

Terri - yes, I heard the rain was coming, so no outdoor yard work

Princess - hope you mom is feeling better and nice you can get to visit with her.

Judy- Sounds like you have lots going on - enjoy your company.

I have dinner date tonight, and that is always a challenge ordering food out and trying to stay on track. So hopefully will make a good choice.
Also a friend of ours passed away and going to visitation this afternoon with my ex. That is always sad no matter the circumstances.

All- have a great weekend and do something nice for your significant other
or a good friend.

KimL1214 04-13-2012 07:21 PM

bandit2~ :hug::hug: I'm sorry to hear about your friend :hug::hug:

Itryharder~ Have fun with dinner tonight! What are you cooking for everyone?

terrod99~ I LOVE my elliptistrider. It's kind of a cross between an elliptical and a stair stepper. Burns killer calories!

Princess1122~ I'm glad to hear your mom is doing a little better!

I have to go to baseball practice with my student in case a "crisis" occurs, but I'm so antsy now that I can't just sit still and watch. So, I walk around the perimeter of the baseball field while they practice. That way I'm close enough to get to him quickly if something happens, but I'm still getting 1/4 mile laps around the field as well. We started in the gym, so I walked around the gym for 30 minutes or so... then graduated to 8 laps, 2 miles, once we moved outside. Yesterday I moved to 3 miles, and I did another 3 miles today! I'm pumped and excited that I'm making progress! And... now I'm going to jump in the shower before crashing for the night!

Princess1122 04-14-2012 06:04 AM

Good morning everyone, just a quick hello before I get on the road to head north for my visit with my mom, talked to her last night and while she sounds tired she sounds a bit better each day.

Bad weather is heading our way but we have had pretty mild days lately so it is hard to complain but not great travel weather today of all days lol.

Kim: Great job on walking all that way!

Judy: You sound busy too, take care and I hope that you enjoy your company

Bandit: Hope your dinner date went well! Very sorry to hear about your friend, that is never easy.

Terri: I am trying my hardest to juggle everything but you are right, I am burning the candle at both ends... I see maybe a nap and TV day in my future tomorrow after I get home from the gym.

Have to run, have a long drive ahead of me. Take care all!

Princess1122 04-15-2012 05:58 AM

Morning everyone! Another rainy day here but that is ok as I am tired from my travels and have things to do for work and home today anyway so it is i not like I had any big plans to do anything outside :D

My mom seemed to be doing pretty good but tired and work out I think, she is looking for a quick fix but there is none this time around and she needs to do her time in rehab to get her health back.

I hope that everyone is having a nice weekend!

Itryharder 04-15-2012 11:35 AM

Hi gals,
No time to write, but I'm sending :goodvibes: to everyone.
Good health and fitness and watching what we eat. That's the ticket. Easy to say, challenging to do, but we can do it!
Judy

Princess1122 04-16-2012 05:00 AM

Good morning everyone and happy Monday... ugh, how did it get here sooooo fast???? Running late this morning since I need to get into the office even earlier then usual so this is just a quick hello and sending everyone wishes for a great week!

terrod99 04-16-2012 07:08 AM

Happy Monday!

Tired tossed and turned all night!!!
Trying to get motivated!!!

Have a great week gals!!!

Terri