Old 11-05-2011, 09:52 AM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #268 Bale of Turtles Doing Just Fine!

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin adn Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 09:56 AM   #2  
Chick

Hi Gals,
We had gotten long, so here we are. New posts are at the #267, so check them out. We're doing great. Watching grandson this morning, so I have to get back to him. He's seven and a honey and hysterical. He makes up jokes and they are actually funny. Thought I'd let you know that I did get
on the last night. It was good to make time for myself. The scale is still not moving, so that's a disappointment. All that means is that I have to make today a very good day.

Best of everything to all of you! Have a great weekend.
Judy
????/????/179 and thinner. (I know I'm making progress because 179# doesn't sound that hot and yet only a few short weeks ago I was close to 200# again. It's good to keep my expectations high---helps to keep me
focused on what is important.)
Old 11-05-2011, 06:47 PM   #3  

Down -1.4 this week. That is great for me. This may be TMI but the week before I start I go insane. I think I have that PMDD they talk about on Tv. So I am proud of my loss this week.

I read everyones posts and it looks like we are all doing good. Judy hang in there you will get it. Taylor hope you get rid of that cough. My mom has it to. Jeanne stay away from those donuts. Hello to Princess, Bandit, Terri, Lauren, Life, and Lots2go.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 06:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone and happy Sunday to you all! Another cold morning here but I guess that is pretty much the forcast from here on out lol... ugh. We are going to have breakfast at DS house and spend some time with them and the grandbaby then will head home for a day of football watching for DH and knitting for me I am going to throw a pot of White Chicken Chili together for supper tonight and call it done.

We helped our friends paint yesterday, did not get as much done as we wanted but we were there for about 5 hours so we did manage to get one room mostly done.

I hope that everyone has a wonderful day and is able to get some "me" time in!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 08:01 AM   #5  
Chick

Cherry, you are doing so great! Aren't you happy you are pulling this all together. You heard that "click" loud and strong. I hope it's okay that I tell you I am so proud of you! Thanks for your encouragement. These last two weeks have been tough and I was starting to doubt the food plan I'm on, but the scale budged this morning and I'm on the right track!

Princess, have a great time at ds's with family. And then enjoy a relaxing afternoon. Good for you for helping out your friend.

Today grandson is here. Yesterday we celebrated dh's and it was wonderful. My dd needed a "procedure" on Friday and yet she was able to come to his birthday. Other dd and dsil took up the slack by buying birthday cake for me and picking up the other dd so she wouldn't have to drive. Food was good for me and I got through this challenge. Having a cup of broth (I threw some peas in it because I love them) and a salad all ready to go when the kids arrived helped a lot. The scale budged this morning, so I'm very happy.

Okay, gotta run, wishing everyone a wonderful day. Let's stay OP and keep up with our Biggest Loser Challenge!!!!! You're all great.

Judy
???/???/179 and thinner
Old 11-06-2011, 10:02 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning, turtles:

Everything was frosty this a.m. but still sunny, so glad for that.

Got my grass all cut yesterday (hopefully for last time this year) and raked,
so that kept me busy. My mom came for visit in afternoon & we went out for lunch & abit of shopping. Then went dancing with my gfs & today have
potluck with other gfs. So busy weekend.

Overdid it with my food yesterday, so have to be more careful today.
They serve luncheon at dance which I didn't need & those little sandwiches are very tasty so had to have a few of those. Then the 2 coolers added lots of calories as well.

Hope you all did better than me over the weekend, which as we all know is the hardest.

Have a great Sunday!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 12:51 PM   #7  
jeanne

hi everyone!!!! It's a football day here!! Yay...GO STEELERS!!!!! The flag is up and our jersey's are on!

Brrrrr, it was a chilly one here today too! But...it's suppose to be about 58 and sunny!

I have that coughing and chest/sinus stuff going on too! Urgh!

Got up in the attic this morning and "unpacked" all the spare blankets, washed them and have them drying outside! Mmmmm, they are going to smell so good! I should be working on crochet orders.......but.......it's just one of those lazy days!

Oh...I do have applesauce cooking in the crock-pot and I made that WW recipe for Caramel Apple Dessert this morning. (went to Farmers Market & bought local apples after work yesterday). Last night I made Instant Pumpkin Pudding and poured some into those mini keebler graham cracker shells for Bob & Kaitlin. I just poured mine into a dessert dish! Yum! We are having "breakfast" for "dinner" tonight! My family wanted pancakes & sausage!

We bought & gutted a house over the summer. We moved in the end of August. We had bought all new appliances....well....my kenmore range has had to have 3 service calls ALREADY!!!! urgh! We are having them back out on Tuesday and we are going to insist that they replace it!!!!!!! The first time was a malfunction from production. 2 wires were crunched together and started a fire in the front burner and burned itself out. But...it also burned out the heating element. They fixed it! 2nd time it kept tripping the breaker when I tried to self clean it. 3rd time - it has a spark ball flying out of the back when you plug it in. Soooooo...what do you think.....LEMON? ugggg!

Well I gotta run! Have a great and healthy sunday!

jeanne
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 08:30 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 196/185/172 then will reaccess

Height: 5'9

hey everyone.. hope you had a lovely weekend.. I am definitely on the mend just the hacking cough left.. just wanting to post a quick hello before heading to bed.. time change will take me a bit to adjust..
Taylorsjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 05:40 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone and happy Monday to you all! Yesterday was a lazy day - we enjoyed our visit with the family then came home and pretty much just layed around the remainder of the day.

I hope everyone has a great day... I will pop on again later on to see how everyone is doing.
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 05:53 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Hey All Happy Monday!

Chilly here but sun warms things up, lazy weekend for me, food not too bad if I don't count Friday night!!! A few girl friends came over for drinks and snacks.
Getting ready to go walking.
Has anyone ever done a 4 week booty camp? My skinny sister is a personal trainer and will do one if I can find 8 gals to join. It would be 2x a week,thought it just might give me a boost! (read kick in butt!!)
Glad you are all "big losers!!!" and doing well working the program!!!

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:23 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 196/185/172 then will reaccess

Height: 5'9

Good morning everyone.. had a laid back weekend but got my workouts in.. had a date ride with my hubby in the combine yesterday.. was nice to touch base plus it kept me out of everything.. my appetite is returning so look out LOL.. workout is already done today and if the weather holds like they say I might head outside after work this afternoon..

everyone have a great day...
Taylorsjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:46 AM   #12  
jeanne

Happy Monday everyone~! Here's to a great week for all of us!!!

Taylor - so glad you are feeling better! It sure is going around! I had a touch of it myself this weekend!

It was definately a lazy sunday for us too! Our Steelers lost last night!!

Ooooo, someones at the door.....be right back!
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:26 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 206/189.2/135

ok, i almost fell off the end of the earth...but i slowly climbed back up!
I'm so so so busy right now, I just can't seem to find the time to check in. I'm still working out and training for my race...it's in 2 weeks!!! I can't believe it! I'm quitting weight watchers, but going to calorie counting...just can't afford the $40 a month...and it's hard to figure the points for me without the website. Hope you'll let me stay and hang out with you anyway Nothing new here really.,.
I've started babysitting my friends 2 kids in the afternoons which is why i'm so busy....6 kids 8 and under, they keep me on my toes...hope to check in later tonight and see what all is going on....

btw: (((taylors))) you're the reason I'm back....I can't forget this post....
Lots2go - boot camp too.. wow you ROCK.. thanks for the encouraging comments like I said you do motivate me so DON`T STOP ... oh I remember the days where you put the kids to bed and had a little bit of `quiet time`.. enjoy that because before you blink it changes..
lots2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 04:15 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone -hope you are all doing well and had a great weekend.
I enjoyed my potluck but have really overdone things this weekend, foodwise.
Today - feeling tired & abit sluggish. Just going to relax tonight.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 05:43 PM   #15  
Chick

Hi All,
Wow, we're hopping! To Jar and Taylor, glad you're feeling better and are almost well.
To Lots2go, many of us have stopped WW for awhile, but we're such good friends for each other that we keep on posting here. Please stay with us. We love you and your energy. Yay on your exercise. Keep up the good work. You sound busy, so post when you can.

Terri, I bet the booty camp with your friends would be a great way to knock off some weight. and I hope you can get a nice group together.

Bandit, weekends are tough, so each time we choose a better food or no food over extravagances we're succesful. I don't remember anyone telling us we had to be perfect. I know sometimes I'd rather do *well* because the extra food isn't as satisfying as making great choices. I'm sending : to a very busy gal!

Princess, nice to have a lesiurely day. Glad you enjoyed it.

Jar, I'd say you've got a lemon of a stove. And it sounds dangerous. Yes, make them replace it. Good for you.

Hi to Cherry and Life4evr and Sea Biscuit and Lauren, hope you're all doing fine and staying OP.

Yesterday was a really busy day again for me and today hasn't been any slower. I always know that the calendar year from 9/1 to 1/1 is super busy and loaded with food challenges. I need to lose this weight and that's why I'm trying so hard. Both days have been good. I'm weighing in a day early tomorrow since it's my dh's official and I'm taking him out for dinner. It should be fun, but my JC WI couldn't be good after that. I'll still WI at WW and probably be up, but I can handle that. Very confusing, I know, but I want to stay with JC *if* I can continue to lose weight. wish me luck!

Gotta run, best wishes to all of us. Let's make this another super week on The Biggest Losers! We can do this. We are doing this.

Judy
???/???/179 and thinner