Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2003, 09:34 AM   #1  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Talking It's Friday!!

Starting thread, will be back in a minute to post.
Old 03-21-2003, 09:45 AM   #2  
One Sick Puppy

Default Good Morning

Good morning everyone! It's Friday, whoohoo! Well, sort of whoohoo, I have to work overnight tomorrow night from 1800-0600, ick. But, I'm sure I'll survive.

Does anyone have fun plans for the weekend? I work at my second job tonight, then Aaron and I are doing something, not sure what. Tomorrow I have to work, then Sunday I have stamp club at 1:30, which is going to be tough to do, since I have noting planned and will be dead tired. Oh well, I'll get through it.

Had a good, OP day yesterday. Today may not be as good, we're going out to Chinese for lunch, yummy!

I don't know much else, hope things get a little livelier on here today!!
Old 03-21-2003, 10:14 AM   #3  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Default TGIF

Mornin' Jess!

This weekend I'm going home (well, Sunday) because its my lil bro's birthday. We're going to see Dreamcatcher and do the traditional cake and ice cream thing. Of course, I won't be having any because I didn't save up! Oh well.

Last night we went to the Jai Alai court down the street. They have "gambling" there, but its the RI State Lottery. There are machines with slots, blackjack, and stuff but they are all "Touch-screen". I wanna pull the handle for the slots! Guess I will have to go to Foxwoods in CT for that! Well we took out $60 and spent it all, but won $10 and spent that too hahaha It was fun though, worth the money for 2 people for a couple of hours. We went out to dinner before that too and I did horrible! They have this pasta with fried chicken and the sauce is half cream half marinara sauce and there's grilled veggies in it too...it was so good but soooo bad! Oh well, back on the wagon today

I'll be back later to post again!
Old 03-21-2003, 10:19 AM   #4  
Cockeyed Optimist

Morning Jess - have fun with Aaron tonight and try not to work too hard.

Worked my 2nd job last night so am looking forward to a night at home tonight. Going to paint the trim in my bedroom and spot treat the carpet in the master bedroom and living room (I know, I know, I'm a wild woman!). Tomorrow morning is the MS Walk that I told you all about and then I work tomorrow night and all day Sunday at my 2nd job. Pretty boring weekend.

Finally got myself psyched up to start Jayne's "Back to Range" plan today. I'm starting at 35 points today and taking 1 away each day until I hit 20 (the bottom of my actual range). Also added in the goals of 1 Milk, 4 F&V, and 64 oz Water per day. Figure I'll add the rest of the WW daily recs once I'm back on track. Also decided that I need immediate reinforcement until I'm back on track so last night I bought a pair of 3lb dumbells. I gave them and the receipt to CB. I explained my plan to him and we agreed to sit down next Friday and review my journal together - if I meet my goals for each day then he'll give me the dumbells back. If I don't meet my goals, he's returning them to the store - and he gets to keep the money. I want those dumbells and I'll be darned if I'm going to give away my hard earned money to that man so I'm pretty motivated right now!

Hope you all have fun things planned for the weekend.

Laura
Old 03-21-2003, 10:32 AM   #5  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Unhappy Randy -- I dreamed about your short shorts last night...

I think it was that whole conversation yesterday, but I dreamed that Randy came to our door and wanted to sell us term life insurance. I kept trying to tell him that we only buy whole life insurance (and I have no idea of the difference between the two, really, at this point) and that I thought he should get some new shorts. Wonder what Freud would say about that one?

Laura, sounds like you're planning a productive weekend. Want to come up here when you're done and help me paint my living room? I am glad you think you'll be able to live with the lose one point a day plan -- it helps me get back on the wagon. And moe than anything, it just gets me back in the habit of counting. Good plan with the dumbbells, too. That's a nice goal-oriented little treat for you. Maybe he will have to give you a massage along with the dumbbells to really motivate you...

Lori, when I nannied in Greenwich, we used to go up to Foxwoods all the time just for something different to do. One time one of our group won $1,000. That was pretty exciting, seeing all the quarters pouring out of the machine and trying to get buckets to help her catch them until the cart people came to help her. That chicken and pasta dish might have been too much temptation for me to resist, too...*sigh*...but one slip-up every now and then keeps us human, and it will all be so very worth it down the road!

Jess, I think that it's Beth's butt jiggle that bothers me the most too. I probably jiggle much worse, but then again I'm not signing up to be on WATP either. And Adria, with her six-pack saying in a completely bored and suspiciously low voice,"It's just such a powerful workout." As if you get a six-pack from lifting two pounds in each hand! Puh-leeze! Sounds like you have a busy weekend planned. I am just staying home to clean and organize as far as I know. We may be going out at some point, as the neighbor girl called and asked for a babysitting job because she needs money. Betcha $10 her mom doesn't know about that call!!!

Well, Aaron and I are staked out at home today, as our van is in getting repaired. So I get to spend a little quality time with my lil sugar bear -- I am very happy about that! I'm not going to worry too much about cleaning or anything, just focus on him. I'll be in and out to post, though, so come out and play everyone!!!
Old 03-21-2003, 11:21 AM   #6  
One Sick Puppy

Oh my goodness, I just received the best news--I don't have to work overnight tomorrow night!! Yippee! I was dancing around the office, I'm so thrilled! I'll be back later (I hope) to post some responses after I eat some Chinese buffet. Whoopee!!
Old 03-21-2003, 11:26 AM   #7  
Cockeyed Optimist

Too funny Jayne - Randy as a door to door insurance salesman? I wish I could barter a massage out of CB but I've already got a bet going with him - I work out 5 days a week for 45 minutes all month and he buys me a rice cooker - if I don't make that goal I have to buy the rice cooker. Enjoy your play-day with Aaron!

Lori - Sounds like you guys had fun last night and that's the important part of the evening to remember.

Alright my WATP sistahs - quit picking on Beth! I find her comfortably reassuring as she seems like the most normal shapped woman on the tapes. I agree with the holier than thou assesment of Adria though! And what is it with Jody and her stomp, stomp, stomp with one foot trying to pick up the beat again - even I don't lose my place as much as she does!

Laura
Old 03-21-2003, 12:10 PM   #8  
Eve's Mom

Oh my god, you guys are halarious with your gossip about the workout clan. It makes me howl!! I gossip about people at my gym the same way you do about a tape!!
Old 03-21-2003, 12:13 PM   #9  
Proud Canadian

You guys are funny this morning. I'm tempted to pick up the WATP tapes just to see what you guys are talking about. I tried to file my taxes the other day (I'm getting about $500 back but the stupid computer program I use to do won't let me cause I may have configured something wrong) so I'm mad about that. Especially since this morning on my drive in to workI heard on the radio that we are going on strike on Monday - ON THE RADIO! Why would my union not tell me about this? I guess that's what I get for missing one afternoon of work. Just when I was getting caught up on all my bills too. Oh well, if we get what we're asking for, it would mean a whole lot of backpay so that would be a good thing.
I better get back to finding out about this strike information. I'll try to post some replies in a bit.
KT
Old 03-21-2003, 12:22 PM   #10  
Eve's Mom

How lame am I...I am listenign to MJ's beat it. I don't know, but something about this song gets me excited about the weekend. I think I need to go dancing. I miss the old 80's retro dances they used to have at a few bars around here!! For a 27 year old, I am way too in to the 80's....I was only born in '76!!

I think I'll have to buy that video too just to know who you are talking about! the red shorts is so distrubing for me... YIKES

Robin - I read about Norman - wow, I admire you and Timmy - you have big hearts!! God love him, eh....poor soul! I hope his pain is manageable!!
Old 03-21-2003, 01:06 PM   #11  

Ok, WHAT is WATP????

Hi everyone No time to post but this was bugging me!
Lori
Old 03-21-2003, 01:56 PM   #12  
One Sick Puppy

It's short for Walk Away The Pounds. They're videos by Leslie Sansone and you basically just do some walking in place moves and it's really fun!
Old 03-21-2003, 05:39 PM   #13  
A Yankee in Virginia

Happy Friday!

OK, almost everyone has probably gone home, but I thought I'd pop in and say hi. I just finished writing a big story for Monday's paper, so as soon as my editor is done with it, I can go home. What a crazy week it's been, with the war starting. The TV has been tuned to CNN all day, about 8 feet from my desk. It's sad to watch.

To answer a few questions, yes, I watch Trading Spaces and I wish I were that creative! But also, DH and I are renting a house, so I don't want to put a lot of work into it that would basically be for someone else. We plan on only staying in the house for a year then buying a place. It would be our first house! We thought about buying when we moved here, but I was too nervous to try and do that in a month. The house we found to rent is much nicer than our last place.

And I got paid today. Yippee! Because of when DH and I started, midway in a pay cycle, we didn't get paid until today ... three weeks after we started. And we were off for a week without pay to move. The savings account (house fund) was taking some pretty big hits. Now I can put it back. We got reimbursed for our moving expenses, too. Whew!

Well, that's about all my news. My mom and I are driving to Connecticut tomorrow to visit my grandma and for my cousin's fiancee's shower. It'll be a packed two days, with 7 hour drives each way. At some point, I need to see one of my friends whose wedding I'm in in October!

Speaking of which, she sent me photos of two bridesmaids dresses she's considering. Hello?? Did she forget that I'm a size 16? I was surprised, because she's about the same size as I am. But her matron of honor is thin. Bleh.

Have a good weekend everyone!
Closed Thread