Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2003, 07:41 PM   #1  
Net browser

Default Feisty & Sexy 50 & 60 yr olds #211

Hi Everybody

We have had blowing snow, slippery streets and generally not very nice weather around here either.
This has not been a good year for me to stay home instead of going south. DH told me he heard on the radio that temperatures will likely remain below the normal range for the next couple of months.
Bad weather or not I went out early this morning with a friend as we had appointments for our mammograms. They are such a nice bunch of people working there and I think they have likely heard every "joke" there is about mammograms.
Peggy I went and had a look at those cigar box purses that you mentioned you saw on ebay, and they look like they would be a fun thing to own. I don't know if all the "older" dollies I know would want one but I thought I might. LOL I think my DIL would just love one. I have not seen them around here yet. I emailed my friend who is "STILL" in Maui and asked her if she saw them for sale. Maui has a lot of big Craft shows and tourists are always looking for something a little bit different to buy and take home.
Glenda how is that "boo boo" elbow of your's doing now?
I saw some updated pictures of Trudy's little angel and she sure is a sweetheart with her big bright eyes and big smile. It sure doesn't take them very long to start developing a little personality.
My weight loss is slow but I am trying, so that good. I have to walk a little faster and a little longer on the treadmill and then maybe I will show better results. Hi to all, and talk to you soon.

Last edited by slavika; 03-06-2003 at 07:44 PM.
Old 03-07-2003, 08:00 AM   #2  

Slavika I was looking around and found a couple of cigar boxes in the garage. They are the gaudy thin ones. The one I bought for my sis[who is going on 75-but keeps up with everything] is a plain wood one with a cute shape. I sort of would like to keep it. She makes gourd purses out of canteen gourds that are really pretty. Even a movie star's wife owns one. For all you Tom lovers I just heard that he is going to have a new show on next year. I forget what it is about.
Old 03-07-2003, 09:09 AM   #3  
Net browser

LILY did you just "hear" what
PEGGY said.

Gosh Peggy, I think you just made Lily's day.

Old 03-07-2003, 11:35 AM   #4  
Life Time 2001

Default Yipppe!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You made my day Peggy!!!!!!!!!
Now to wait til next year. Gonna be hard!

Slavika: Sorry to hear the temps are going to remain low for the next couple months. Thats depressing. Kinda hate to til you its suppose to be in the 70's here this weekend.

Later!

Tom hurry!
Old 03-08-2003, 05:08 AM   #5  
Ash

Thumbs down From Down Under

Well ladies, hi from me here in OZ.

I have at long last settled down to a serious weight loss plan. After doing much research I have decided to go with the WW points system. I have the books from a time long ago when the point system was first brought in here in Australia. I start the program on Monday and have until then to get all the stupidity out of my system. Thank you all who gave me advice in helping me make up my mind.

Slavika at our age mammograms can be scary but it sounds as if all is OK. When do you get your results?

Take care all.

Ash/Jenye

Old 03-08-2003, 10:35 PM   #6  
Member Florida Chick

Thumbs down Glorious Spring

Hi: I hate to make you jealous, but we are finally having the right kind of weather. What you expect to have in Florida. The orange trees are all in bloom now and so sweet. Next the Gardenia bushes, and then the Carolina Jasmine. Keeps the air perfumed for a while. Love it.

No weigh-in for me today, as we had rehearsal for our spring show. A musical Flower Garden. We have songs about Daisys and roses, and sunflowers, carnations, lilacs, tulips, just to name a few. Even a 4 leaf clover. We have had a good time with this music. After Monday night it will be all over. Yay!!!!

Ash: You won't be sorry you went with WW. It is a good program. But like anyother, it only works if you work at it.

Maria: What interesting things have you been doing now?

Lily: I'm with you. I do like Tom. Like to watch his old movies, and also watch Magnum P.I. whenever I can find one. I like the westerns, like Lonesome Dove.

Hi everyone, Hope you have had a good weekend. Tomorrow I am going to a talent showcase. An opportunity to view new talent, that would be availaable to come to our park to entertain. It is fun, and we do get some good ideas, and find people we can afford to hire. "See' you Monday. Ann
Old 03-09-2003, 02:11 AM   #7  
Life Time 2001

Jenye! Woo hoo! You wont be sorry! HAve questions just ask us! It really is a good program. So flexible to make a life style change. Dont ask me about my day to day Will be another story

Now Ann are you trying to make Me feel old? Lonesome dove?? Must rent again Sounds like your weekend is filled. Have fun!
Old 03-09-2003, 03:19 AM   #8  
Ash

Default From Down Under

Thanks Lily for the words of wisdom. I will not be starting until tomorrow and yes there will probably be many questions.

Today I have been trying to eat sensibly and have managed a small amount of control. I have visited the WW site and now am armed with the information I need. Thanks all.

Take care,

Ash/ Jenye.
Old 03-09-2003, 03:43 PM   #9  

G'day all,

Finally I have had a chance to post!

All is going well here in New Zealand where it continues to be quite warm. I am wearing the same things over and over again, our winter clothes we brought have not been touched!
I have to say that my pants and t shirts are getting a lot longer!! I am so focussed and very determined to go home a lot slimmer.
Jeney WW is definetly the only way to go and I am sure you will do well this time, sounds like something has 'clicked' in your head this time. DH cannot believe how resolute I am this time and nothing will sway me from my path. I can cetainly see the results.
My return home will also mean I will be able in a lot of clothes that have been a bit too tight for some time

We stayed 'home' this weekend and went for long walks in the local area. We are also doing some research on the hiring of a motor home. At the end of our sojourn here we would like to take 2 weeks holidays and tour the south island of New Zealand. I know motor homes are quite popular in Canada as well, any of you have had any good/bad experiences to share??

Slavika Good for you having your mammogram. I always feel a bit immortal when it comes back all clear
Your weather sounds atrocious, aren't you starting spring?
Not surprised to hear that Trudy's 'angel' is just beautiful.
I'll have to look on Ebay to see what you and Peggy mean by the cigar box purses.

Ann you continue to be very busy, sounds like a lot of fun though. Hope your next weigh in will be good.

Glenda that elbow of yours sounds soooo painful, hope the physio will help.

Lily Tom is OK but my favourite has to still be Chris Isaak, he can sing, he is good looking, he is witty but probably cannot really act

I am posting this at dh's work and I feel a bit conspicuous, so I will love and leave you till next time.........

Cheers
Maria
Old 03-10-2003, 03:56 AM   #10  
Ash

Default From Down Under

I didn't know that you were on WW Maria , at least I won't be on my own. How are you enjoying New Zealand?

Today I started the WW program using the points system that was introduced in 1998, I went to WW then when I was still driving and could get there without relying on others, it surely hasn't changed all that much. Guess what? I am not hungry and it is 19.45pm and nearly bedtime. Wow, I should have done this a long time ago.

Lizzie and Lily thanks for being behind me , I know where to go if any questions arise. The only problem that is ahead of me is finding an alternative way to exercise all the time as walking is out and so is swimming. Any ideas?

Take care all you gals.

Love and Hugs,

Jenye.

Last edited by Ash; 03-10-2003 at 03:59 AM.
Old 03-10-2003, 02:39 PM   #11  
Net browser

Hi Everybody Gosh I missed you
Maria happy to read your post. Good for you for sticking to your weight loss program. Your clothes are getting a little looser and mine were getting a little tighter, so I'm trying hard to "get with the program". Jenye actually, I think all the gals on this board follow WW, LOL, some more religiously then others. We are very lucky to have both Karen and Lily posting on our board. With so much snow, I am still feeding all my "wild critters". My little bunny has already changed into his "spring/summer" coat so he sticks out like a sore thumb against the white snow. This morning I went outside and put the seed out and peanuts and also a handful of those gourmet carrots. I have put the carrots out a few times for the bunny but I never know when he will show up so sometimes they just freeze before he comes. Today, he showed up minutes after I put them out. Well, was he ever excited (I could tell, hee hee). He just sat his big butt down and started eating. A short time later the big grey squirrel came for peanuts and I was really surprised when the bunny chased him off. I told DH the other day to look out the window as the bunny, a small little red squirrel and the birds were all eating the seeds together..........but not today. I guess the stakes were higher, there were gourmet carrots. Peggy I told my friend to look around and see if those Cigar Box Purses were for sale in Maui. She sent me an e-mail back saying she saw one for $95.00 US. YIKES....that's about $145.00 Canadian. She really didn't tell me anything about though.
Oh Ann I am jealous of your weather. Honestly I feel like this snow and cold weather are going to be around forever. On the bright side, we are promised warmer weather this coming weekend.
Talk to you all later.
Old 03-10-2003, 11:15 PM   #12  
Member Florida Chick

Talking Hurrah, Three Cheers!!!

Hey everyone: My chorus program is over, and all went well. The Best that they have ever done a program. We got lots of compliments. March is just moving right along with one activity after another.

Ash: Could you do some easy weight lifting. Maybe two or three lb. weights to start with? And I know at one time my mother-in-law lifted with her legs. She used come 1 lb. cans of vegetables. Can remember how she fasstened it to her shoe - maybe just in a bag, and the loop went over the toe. But I know with her arthritis, she could do those kind of lifts.

Slavika: There isn't a pocketbook/purse in the whole world I would pay $195 dollars for. That is really wild. Hope you got your nice weather for the weekend. March is certainly seeming to go out with a bang.

We enjoyed our entertainment showcase. Lost of interesting acts. One man did sound effects, along with jokes, and he was amazing. I guess he had worked in Hollywood with cartoons for some time, but is doing this in his retirement. Really good.

Trudy: Hope sometime you can show us a picture of your little Angel.

Maria: Good for you. I wish I could get the spunk to get a few loose fittng clothes. I hate to tell you of our experiences with motor homes. We owned two, and were plagued with problems. It would seem if you rented one, they would have to be in good condition. Our first one, we lost an engine and spent 10 days in a garage, literally lived in the MH outside the garage, while they worked on it. The second one was a true lemon, and we were out of business over 41 days in a year and a half. we invoked the lemon law on that one, and got most of our money back. But don't let that scare you. Many people have very good luck with theirs.

Lily: Glad we are the ones who appreciate tall, dark and handsome Tom.

I think I am finally winding down after the evenings activities. So must get to bed. Tomorrow is another busy day. Ann
Old 03-11-2003, 02:38 PM   #13  
Ash

Default From Down Under

Good Morning Ladies.

Well another day has dawned it is 6.15am and the darkness still persists outside. The weather bureau predicts 32 degrees C or 90 degrees F in Melbourne today but I can already feel the humidity that goes with it. Thank goodness for air conditioning. I am going out for lunch today with the M.S. society group in our suburb, this occurs on a monthly basis and is the 1 day in the month that is really enjoyable. I am really looking forward to it. May be that is why I am up so early.

Ann Thanks for the advice, I never thought of that. May be at some stage someone has told me that as I have foot weights that I purchased some time ago so I had better fish them out as I really need to do some work on my legs. As the saying goes "use it or lose it" and I really need to use it.

Slavika WW seems to be the one for me. The gals that are using it would certainly know that it works even if they aren't using it 100%. So far I haven't been at all hungry and I am into my 3rd day. The "wild critters " sound gorgeous I would love to see them. A girlfriend of mine feeds the birds at her place and every night she goes out with 2 apricot sandwiches and an apple to feed her possum that she has named "Percy". He is so cute, he comes just after she has been out.

Well ladies that is all the news from here today. See you all tomorrow.

Take care,

Jenye.

Last edited by Ash; 03-11-2003 at 02:41 PM.
Old 03-12-2003, 04:08 PM   #14  
Net browser

Hi Everybody
I didn't go for my usual Wednesday outing with my friend as I have this nasty cold. Hopefully tomorrow I will be feeling better and we will go then.
Jenye I don't "think" we have any possum's in Canada, at least none have ever showed up in my back yard. I think the possum is much like our raccoon in weight, and a little in appearance except the raccoon has the litle "mask". Yesterday when Trudy was here for tea we suddenly saw "something" that cast this HUGE shadow on the wall behind my kitchen table and when we looked out the kitchen window there was this ENORMOUS black crow perched on the wooden arbour in my yard.
I'm telling you, that crow was so large he could have picked up my little bunny and flew off with him. Yikes, I don't like crows, they just give me the shivers. Jen did you have a nice lunch?
The only "good" thing about being sick with a cold is I seem to have lost my appetite. I'm sure that situation is only temporary. My little granddaughter is sick with a cold too as are half the people on the planet I think. We finally get a day that is a little warmer, and here I am indoors.
My mammogram letter came yesterday from the Breast Screening and I am so pleased that all is well and I go again in 2 yrs. Ann glad your chorus program was a success. Does everybody in your "park" (who is able) take part in putting all the diferent activities together or is it sort of the same people that do all the work?
Maria DH and I and friends went on a short holiday in a motor home we had rented. Well actually our friends had rented and we went with them. We were gone about 4 days/nights. We went to a lovely lake where my friends parents had parked their trailer for the summer months. The biggest draw backs that I remember with the motor home was when we were in towns, and trying to find a place big enough to park it, and that the shower/bathroom was so small it was almost impossible to take a shower. Gas for the motor home is very very expensive.......I remember that trip as being a lot of fun but I don't think I would want to travel like that again. I would rather drive in a comfortable car then stop and sleep/eat in a nice hotel, but I know lots of people just love it. We went with the motor home because there was no hotel at that lake and it was better then sleeping in a tent.
Old 03-13-2003, 07:38 PM   #15  
Life Time 2001

Slavika: Whoa! Thats lots for a purse! You could probably make it. Your bunny sounds so cute! Suprised he did chase the squirrel away to. Im with you I hate Crows. They are so noisy to. You have no Possums??????? ?

Jenye: I agree with Ann. Just some easy lifting would work. Anything light helps just as long as you move some. Maybe even some stretching tapes would help to. Dont really even need a tape for that either. Just stretch the legs and arms and what ever. Hope you had a great lunch!

Ann: Glad your chorus program was a success! Will it slow down for you now some? IS everyone leaving now?

Maria: I know nothing about Motor homes. Been in a camper before. But All I did was lay up on top and sleep
My kind of trip

Been a real crazy week here at work.
Weather was beautiful at the first of the week but now its going to rain. I was hoping for spring ALAS will it ever come?

Later!
Closed Thread