Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2003, 09:56 AM   #1  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Monday's Thread

Maybe it's already been started, but if not, here it is!
Old 01-13-2003, 10:03 AM   #2  
One Sick Puppy

Good morning everyone! Sorry I wasn't around at all last week. We had an Instructor Workshop and I was away from my desk all week helping with that. Needless to say, I have plenty to keep me busy this week.

I haven't read the posts from last week yet, but I hope everyone had a great week! I didn't do so great with all the food we had at the Workshop, but according to the scale, I've lost 3 lbs in the last couple of weeks. Today, I'm back to journaling and I'm actually getting ready to take a walk in about 3 minutes.

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 01-13-2003, 10:42 AM   #3  
One Sick Puppy

where is everyone? Is there a holiday I don't know about today? Should I still be at home in bed?

I just got back from a 25-minute walk and it's darn cold out there... I was reviewing the posts and saw that some people are thinking of meeting in Chicago. I'm not too far from Chicago, I'd like to come, too! That would be SO awesome to finally get to meet you guys in person!!

OK, I better discipline myself and get some work done.
Old 01-13-2003, 11:29 AM   #4  
Eve's Mom

Hey girls! (well, Hi Jess!! And anyone else who might pop in! - I dno't think its a holiday.....where the heck is everyone!?)

Well, b/f and I backed out of our condo deal and put in an offer on another one - its a beautiful 2 bedroom condo that both of us felt immediately at home in. It has room for us to "grow" and we coudl have kids there and everything! Its also just outside the downtown core so we can still walk to work but we aren't in the actual "downtown". ie: no more people begging for $ all the time on the way to work... We are very happy but we won't find out until 1pm if we get the offer accepted! We are totally pumped about it, and nervous. We offered the asking price, which was a steal!! Woo hoo!!

Possession is March 1 so we have 6 weeks to pack and organize! I am going to start tonight sorting through books and stuff like that that we can get rid of - I want to start off right in our new home.

Please keep your fingers and toes crossed that we get it!!

BBL!!
Old 01-13-2003, 11:46 AM   #5  
Cockeyed Optimist

Jess - congrats on the 3lbs! That's great.

Belle - I've got my fingers crossed for you on the dream condo. Hope your offer is accepted.

Had to weigh in unexpectedly last week - a day early, in jeans after I'd eaten breakfast and had a 32oz diet coke. Ugh! I know some of the gain is artificial but it still sucked to see.

CB bought me "The Firm" work-out tapes for xmas. This morning I did Body Sculpt and Ab Sculpt. All that exercise and I still want to take a nap!

If there is a Chicago get together, I'd love to meet everyone even though I hardly get to post anymore.

Hope everyone else is having a great day.
Old 01-13-2003, 11:53 AM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Ladies
I'm here I was bad and slept late tommorrow i'm probably going back to work after being a big ball of sick for a month so i'mn taking advantage while i can
the semester starts next week
Jess it sounds like you're really on the ball with losing or at least getting healthy you rock woman!
BELLE! ooooh condo sounds lovely I'm jealous in the best kind of way is there a ring in the mix?
BF and I had a great weekend saturday we did LOTR and dinner at a diner I had a mykonos (spelling?) omlette no homefries or toast and yesterday we did brunch I didnt do as well and spent the day together went for a walk went to target and had appetizers for dinner and came home. He lol went into the feminine hygiene aisle with me b/c i needed supplies and my sis was SHOCKEd I said lol sis he offered to buy them himself if i couldnt get to the store and she said
He wants to marry you
i said good I want to marry him
and tho i didn't say this to her scarily enough I want to have his kids
lol
already named the girls
fiona and Medb or the english spelling which is Maeve
I have to make a quick lunch for me and gram so i can run to the bank if i can make it b/c we're doing laundry night tommorrow so i'm not naked all next weekend without justifiable cause
I can't wait to go awway!!!!!
BBL
love
Kier
PS i'm recommitting to being healthy no sugary drinks no soda limited alcohol (with the paxil drinking makes me feel wierd anyway) More than likely I am getting gastric bypass in the spring
I know some of you won't support this but iii'm making the changes to have it and I honestly feel its the only way i can KEEP the weight off i can lose weight till the cows come home and just yo-yo back with more I should have a string
I'm getting older and b/c of the cp and fibromyalgia my body is aging alot faster than I am I've lost alot of mobility ALOT i can't begin to explain it I want it back and this is a way to get back on track with other things
I hope you guys understand and can support me
Old 01-13-2003, 12:14 PM   #7  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default I'm here too!

I've been really busy this morning doing things around the house. My 8 yr old has a snow day today and so my 2 year old has a play mate for the day. I've managed to get some laundry on, make the beds, tidy the kids room, and I have some 2 point dinner rolls in the bread maker! Phew, I do love being a house mom!

I made some to die for pizza last night (actually the crust of the pizza is the same recipe I am using to make into dinner rolls). A pie cut into 12 slices came out to only 3 points per slice! I cut it into 6 HUGE pieces and enjoyed a VERY filling meal. I will post the recipe if you like.

Jess COngrats on your 3 lb loss!! Who Hoo!!!

Belle I hope you get the condo, it sounds great!

Wintergirl Try not to stress about the gain...you know that the reason the scale went up was because of the jeans and soda. Hang in there and don't be discouraged...I bet you see a really nice loss next week!

Kier You have to do what is right for you. As long as you have done the research and know what you are doing...then I will support you. I have rhumatiod arthritis and I DO know what it feels like to not have mobility. (((hugs))) Don't feel guilty about a decision you are making for you....It doesn't matter whether I (or any of us) agree with you or not...I (we) will still be here to support you. I do hope that you feel better soon, and don't beat yourself up over brunch!!!!

Will be checking back later, hope everyone is having a great OP day!

Angie
Old 01-13-2003, 01:43 PM   #8  
Eve's Mom

Jess - congrats on your 3 lbs!! That's awesome!! I think an avg of 1.5/week is the best rate.

Laura - don't worry about your gain - keep doing your videos and you'll recover next week I am sure. I hate those "non-optimal" WI's!! Besides which, tomorrow is my WI and I have been so busy with the house selling/condo buying that I haven' excercised (besides the walk to work) and I didn't count at all on the weekend....

Kier - glad to hear you are so happy with b/f!! We are the same - we talk about marriage and kids now, but still no ring. I'll let you know when/if it happens. Re: surgery- its totally up to you and what you think is best for you. I back you all the way!!

Angie - wanna come to my house for a few days? I coudl use a good cook! Sounds like you are totally on the ball with being OP! You go girl!!

Well, I need to work through lunch, so Ill bid adieu! BBL!!
Old 01-13-2003, 01:46 PM   #9  
Eve's Mom

PS I should add, although I didn't count properly, I was mindful of me eating - ie: when we ran through wendy's while condo-hunting, I ordered the grilled chicken burger rather than a hamburger, so I wasn't as bad as I coudl have been - yay me!!

BTW - if you guys visit the WW site, the "new me for 2003" section is really great - if you need to re-commit, check it out- it's a 7 week behaviour modification thing. THis week is motivation. I think I can use that right about now! With all going on in my life, I don't want to lose sight of my weight loss goals....

Anyway, check it out if you have time!!
Old 01-13-2003, 02:24 PM   #10  

Hi Girls!!

I have to make this quick, I am busy with school stuff. I just wanted to tell Kier, we support you hun, totally, in whatever works for you!

And Belle, I am praying for the condo, let us know the minute you find out!

Jess ~ Glad you back.

Hi! Angie and Laura!!
Old 01-13-2003, 02:44 PM   #11  
Proud Canadian

Hello to all on this glorious monday. Things have quieted down considerably around here - YAY! - so I'm focusing on cleaning up and getting organized for my holidays next week. Of course, it's not much of a holiday, I have to recertify my First Aid ticket so it's an intensive week long course and then I'll be good for another 2 years. I'm also working on getting my application in for nursing school. I need letters of recommendation and resumes and volunteer references and the charge is over $100 - and there's no guarantee that they'll even interview me. Oh well, one step at a time I guess.
Jess - great work on the loss. Keep up the good job!
Belle - my fingers are crossed for you, did you find out yet?
Laura - did you like "the firm"? I'm thinking about getting some kick-boxing type tapes because I'd love to do them but I'm afraid of buying a bad one.
Kier - sounds like a lovely weekend. Also about the GB, I think you've made a well informed decision and I fully support you - your health and happiness are the important thing, not how you get there.
Angie - I have a bread maker that I never use cause I don't have any good recipies for low point - can you share your recipie with me?
That took way tioo long to write up - I'm off to the gym for lunch - I'll be back
KT
Old 01-13-2003, 04:19 PM   #12  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

hey girls back ugh crazy day mom home early from work with a sore neck so I'm about to be chef Kier again
couldnt get to the bank b/c well my scooter was in the back of moms buick the drivers license is on the agenda for summer
btw
YOU GUYS REALLY ARE WONDERFUL
i just wanted to say that i actually have tears in my eyes
since im all in love im an emotional fountain eeesh
anyway off to the fridge and if i don't come back get a big WW lasso and DRAG ME!
oooh i saw the makeover story on tlc and they had 2 friends who had lost a truckload on WW and got to meet the duchess!!!!
I love her!
have a wonderful rest of your day
love
Kier

Last edited by KO; 01-13-2003 at 04:27 PM.
Old 01-13-2003, 04:42 PM   #13  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Kier, my favorite Jersey Girl, I hope you didn't ever doubt for a minute that we'd support you here! We LOVE you, or I guess I should speak for myself, I love you to pieces and want you to be healthy and happy. Anyone who doesn't tell you that isn't worth knowing, and I hope that no one here would ever presume to know what's best for you contrary to YOU knowing what is best for you. So MWAH...wipe those tears outta yer eyes and GET OUT OF THE FRIDGE ALREADY if you're not. How's that for a WW lasso???

KT, good luck applying for nursing school. If you have trouble up where you are, maybe you want t o try down here in the states. With the nursing shortage, there are lots of spaces being created for students so there may be more spots down here to be applied for. Is there a shortage in Canada as well? Well, you're intelligent, a good writer, and obviously well-organized (wanna come do my house??? ) so you'll have no trouble at all, I'm sure!

Hey Tonya! My parents just moved so close to you...they're moving to Whitewater. Right now they're staying with my aunt in Waukesha until they take posession of their house in February, then they'll be in WW. I'll have to PM you the next time I go visit...I'd love to meet you! We're planning on doing lots of meeting them at the Kalhari in the Dells....an indoor waterpark is pretty appealing in late winter, isn't it? It's only 200 miles for us and about 100 for them, so it's not too far.

Belle, let us know about the condo thing. Isn't it completely nerve racking to wait to hear about real-estate deals. We were overbid in one situation and had someone else buy out our contingency offer in another, so I know what a stressful thing it can be. However, we HAVE managed twice to buy the best house we could, so it will work out no matter what. I bet it will be nice to be out of the traffic and noise of a downtown area.

Angie,. would you mind posting your recipe on the recipe thread? I'd love to have it. And would you mind if I shared it with the 3FC recipe list? If you haven't checked that out, it's a neat listserv that's nothing but a lowfat recipe exchange. Just started up, and the volume of mail isn't bad at all...maybe 10 a day at most.

Laura, doesn't The Firm completely kick your butt? Or is that just me? I know they say visible results in 10 workouts or less, and I thought that was pure gimmick until I tried one...now I know they ain't kidding! COngrats for getting thru it, I'm proud of you.

JESS!!! I've been thinking about you, glad you are back. I think you should totally come to Chicago!!! That would be great to have as many people as we could meet up. We just have to wait and see if Kirsty means it aboiut coming to Chicago and what her timetable is. If she finds thta she can't make it, then we could do it whenever. JenL is also not to terribly far from me (and Tonya, and Chicago for that matter) and I bet if she is doing well baby-wise she may show up too.

As far as I go, I'm doing ok. Aaron is getting molars and was up all night, so I'm going to take this chance to sneak a nap in. BBL
Old 01-13-2003, 04:47 PM   #14  
Eve's Mom

We got it we got it!! Yay!! We got it!!

Now we just have to review the docs and if we are happy with them (the condo information) we will sign on Jan 17 and its final!! Woo hoo!!!

We are very excited!! Its hard to work, but I have LOTS of work to do so I have to try to concentrate. I'll respond properly later, I just wanted to tell you all!!

BBL
Old 01-13-2003, 06:12 PM   #15  
A Yankee in Virginia

Hello everyone!!

You know, half the day I thought it was Tuesday? My schedule is all screwed up. I was off Friday, and the weekend before I was off Friday and Monday. I have my days of the week all wrong. I even called to wish a friend Happy B'Day on the wrong day!

Yay Belle! Yay Belle! Yay Belle! Happy moving!

I might be moving soon. My job interview Friday went well, I thought, and if all goes well, I'll be moving to the other side of Virginia. CROSS YOUR FINGERS!

Kier: We're all here for ya, babe.

So here's my dilemma about my job search. I very much want to have a baby. But DH and I know we need to get new jobs and move. If we move, we'll buy a house. And, if I start a new job, it probably wouldn't look very good to get pregnant right away. But I'm conflicted. That could mean waiting another year, and I'm not sure I want to do that. But I also don't want to stay where I am.

I never wanted my career to run my life but I'm afraid it might for a while. I hate that, and I'm very stressed about it all. Plus, I'm 30! I'm not getting any younger and I don't want to wait much longer to have kids. But here's another thing: Part of the reason for us wanting to move is to get DH to a better job. If he's at a better job, and making better money, it'll be easier for me to stay home for at least a year when we have a baby. And that's something I really, really want to do.

If you asked me, right now, what I most want to do, it's to get pregnant and then stay home with the baby. But neither of us are in high-paying jobs. H*ll, we're not even in good-paying jobs. Just OK-paying. There's no way we could buy a house right now without both of us trying like mad to save.

I've been musing all over the place. Sorry, girls, just trying to get out some of these thoughts! I'm sure something will work out.
Closed Thread