Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2003, 06:40 AM   #1  
Scotland's finest export

Default Thursday's thread

morning girls!
we got snow in central london!! it was very exciting cos it hasn't happened for many years. yesterday our art department went to a nearby park and had snowball fights and built snowmen! most amusing.
despite my plans to stick to a tight budget for january i splurged out yesterday and got a new cellphone. i hadn't upgraded my phone for the past 2 years so decided to go for it. so i've gone from bottom of the range to the top - i can even take and send pictures with it! i've given BF my old phone (he didn't have one) so now he's finally contactable, if he can work out how to use it that is!! talking of phones - jenk - are you using text messaging yet? do any of you girls send text messages? i couldn't cope without them but i have heard it's not a big thing over there.
anyhow. if i get bored later on i'll take a pic with my phone and post it! once i work out how to do that of course!!!
i love all the talk of new scales. i considered getting a body fat monitoring one as well but decided i couldn't afford it, plus i've heard that using callipers is a more accurate way of measuring fat. but digital is soooo much better than analogue (esp for me cos otherwise i "round down" the number!).
so - what can we do to motivate each other through january?
i guess you could get fit now for the summer weather. you've got a good 5 months to get your body bikini fit, think how much you could achieve.
gotta get on with work, will come back later,
kirsty
ps a lot of old faces seem to have disappeared. you know who you are - come back and post! we miss you
Old 01-09-2003, 07:32 AM   #2  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Kirsty - good to hear from you! Where have you been the past couple of days?

Rina - Babysitting was cool. The kids are really independent. I just remind them, not tell them, to do something, and they do it. So cool! I don't keep up much on other teams (never knew the Flames didn't have a coach for a while!) except that EVERYONE is talking about how the Ottawa Senators might not be around for too much longer....hmm....we'll see about that one The Bruins still are not doing well at all. They suck lately!

Kim - Such a cute pic on the photo thread!

Ali - Hello to you too! Are you back in school? How's it goin?

Well not much new here (again). Now that I work all the time, not much new happens that is worth talking about

Well there is one thing. I'm really looking forward to Saturday. Some good friends of mine have a band together and they are from NJ but they are playing in Boston this Saturday and I am going with Jay. I can't wait! I haven't seen them in about 4 months plus their music rocks! Jay and I used to have an irish punk band and we would open up for them in Boston (thats how we became friends with them). Our band broke up about 2 years ago but we always stayed in touch with them. Who was it that is in Boston here? We could have Boston 3FC this Sat! That would be cool hehe...well considering you guys wouldn't mind some irish pub rock music and me drinking a lot hahahhaha

Check in later! Cheers! (That one was for Kirsty )
Old 01-09-2003, 07:41 AM   #3  
Scotland's finest export

me again - just spotted jenk's london pics on the photo thread - nice one jen!
hello lori, not been up to much, just extra busy at work.
enjoy your irish pub rock music on sat!
Old 01-09-2003, 08:27 AM   #4  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default It's a nothing day

Hi Kristi, Hi Lori!

Not much going on today....just some laundry and some baking. I am making some 2 point banana/sourcreme muffins. Never tried them so we'll see how they turn out.

Going out to dinner tonight to a place that has no nutritional info available. so I am going to wing it and hope that I can guesstimate the point right. Going to stick with chicken...and hopefully grilled will be on the menu. I don't have any banked points either because today is the start of a new week. Oh well, eating low today should be fine for tonight. (I hope)

My 8 year old is totally giving me attitude this morning...if its not taking the dog out, its cleaning up the toys, if it's not that it's getting her school work together....etc. etc. I swear she thinks she is 13 years old.

Anyway, off to get some breakfast....check in later.

Angie
Old 01-09-2003, 10:02 AM   #5  

Angie - remember, even if "grilled" is not on the menu, you can ALWAYS SAY "can I have that chicken grilled instead?" and they will do it!
Old 01-09-2003, 10:19 AM   #6  

Lori, I am always afraid to ask for special requests....I just feel embarrased.

I need to get over that....I deserve to have it the way I want it. I will do that tonight if it isn't on the menu that way....also I will ask for any dressings (if there is any) to be left on the side.

Thanks, you are right....I just really need to start doing this.
Old 01-09-2003, 11:09 AM   #7  
Running Babe

Hey All,

I am on a 6 hour break and since it's the beginning of the semester I don't have a lot to do to fill teh breaks right now so I'll chat with you ladies:P Anyhoo, I am back home dealing with the fact I got a parking ticket for parking in my spot. I double checked with the management company and it's mine. So someone else think my spot is theirs.... Well the management company is looking at it for me. So I am contesting the ticket and I should be fine.... Just another resident will be peod:P

Kirsty: I am a bridesmaid on June 14th and I want an awesome body by then (well it's pretty good right now)... January is always hard to remain motivated... Plus, I know where I could be a little slimmer... My thighs and hips have been smaller than they are now... luckily I think most of my xmas weight is gone now and my pms weight.

Angie: oh yeah, for weighing Tanita scales are amazing! My WW n Montreal used them and I liked that they weighed to the .2. Tell me how the recipe goes, where did you get it from?

Lori: If you guys ever want a 3FC day in Boston in May, I will be down there visiting my friend.

See ya later

Ali
Old 01-09-2003, 11:44 AM   #8  

Hi everyone! Kirsty and jen-those pics are awesome! If I ever get to London i am looking you up, Kirsty! And Jen-I am in Chicago pretty often b/c DH's family lives there...we should meet up!
As for a Boston reunion-I am all over that! We should plan something for May when Ali is in town! I will be huge by then he he...

Angie-Don't be embarassed to ask for it the way you want it! You are paying for the service! DH always teases me b/c I order things too specifically-everything is on the side! He calls me "Sally" from 'When Harry Met Sally'!

Lori-Have fun in Boston this weekend...which pub???

Hi to everyone else!
LoriD
Old 01-09-2003, 11:51 AM   #9  

Ali...The recipe turned out great! Here is a link to the recipe

http://www.***************.net/ubb/u...;f=24;t=000050

I used splenda instead of sugar.....but am still counting it as 2 points per serving.

Lori...I know you are right....we ARE paying money...so I should have it exactly the way I want it. Yep, I'm gonna do that...I AM going to ask for it to be prepared the way I want. I want to be a Sally too.
Old 01-09-2003, 12:07 PM   #10  

LoriD - they are playing at Axis. I know, it sucks. They play at pubs in NYC...so much better for atmosphere but punk bands always open for them in Boston so its more of a "show" type of thing.
Old 01-09-2003, 12:18 PM   #11  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Hi girls. Sorry I have been MIA lately. We took a trip this past weekend to see my dad ( who is a pastor) be installed into a new congregation. While we were there, both Aaron and Drew came down with the stomach flu (icky -- I was cleaning my aunt's (where we stayed) carpet for two hours in the middle of the night). So I basically turned the van into a mobile hospital on Monday, and got them home. Of course, you knew I'd come down with it then. Yesterday was pretty bad. Today is better, not quite 100%, but I did manage to keep a bowl of cereal down this morning. I made it to WI on Tuesday night and was only up a pound...not bad for being off program for a month! I restarted, considering everything that has happened. A new 10% and everything. I'm sure that this flu has jump-started me, though!

Momof2...another great choice is always chicken fajitas...most places serve those. They are 4 points for each fajita, if you are attentive to portioning things out and not piling up everything onto one tortilla and calling it one (as I would be so likely to do!). Just remember, it's no extra effort for them to grill a chicken breast for you. It probably takes just as much time as it does to panfry or bread and deep-fry it, so don't feel badly at all. Enjoy yourself tonight, and I'm looking forward to trying those muffins out when I'm more into food than I am today.

How are you doing, Dr. Lori? I heard some talk a few posts ago about an uppermidwest 3fc day...I'm only about 7 hours drive from Chicago, and since my parents just moved to the Milwaukee area, I'm closer than ever. So let me know when you guys get together, because I am so there! As for Boston, my brother-in-law is going to Northeastern right now and we are hoping to get out there sooner or later to see him, so keep me in mind for that one too!

Ali, you go girl...I had a battle over a parking space for a good year with another apartment resident....how can you claim it's your parking spot when it's in front of MY garage!!!! I have every confidence that you will look fabbo in your bridesmaid's dress on June 14 -- post pictures!!

As for Engineer Lori, I am very jealous of your music weekend. It's so much fun to sit in a bar with friends, sipping cold beer and listening to good music. That's the thing that I miss most of all about my college days. Glad your babysitting job is working out well...that's got to be a great source of extra income for you, without expending too terribly much energy.

Kirsty, you look like a lot of fun to visit...hope you decide to come over to our side of the pond one of these days so we can meet you. I've seen the cell phone that you're talking about...it looked really cool. And I'm glad bf now has a "leash" of his own (Drew calls his cellphone his leash...so I can always bring him home, I guess. )

I'll bbl....
Old 01-09-2003, 12:55 PM   #12  

Jayne - Glad to see you posting again, welcome back! Sorry you are sick, that sucks Yeah the babysitting job is cool cause they are older and it doesn't really take much energy. Lots of driving tho
Old 01-09-2003, 01:05 PM   #13  

Jayne, Is it 4 points total including the chicken?....or is it 4 for the wrap....and then extra for the stuff you put inside?
Old 01-09-2003, 01:22 PM   #14  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Angie...It's 4 points for 1 tortilla, 1 oz of chicken, 1 tablespoon of cheese, 2 oz of peppers and onions, and of course, all of the lettuce and tmatoes you want. Add extra points for sour cream and guacamole, though....
Old 01-09-2003, 01:29 PM   #15  

Wow, that seems so low! Thanks for the headsup....if they have them on the menu...I might just have to order them.
Closed Thread