Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2003, 10:48 PM   #1  

Default Feisty & Sexy 50 & 50 year olds #205

G'day all.....

on a very hot day here in Adelaide

Ann and Slavika more similarities I also love dogs especially the smaller variety and I am about as firm with them as what you are Ann I had two papillons (http://www.pageweb.com/clkpap/)before we started the travel bit. I had a real dilemma but fortunately the friend who used to breed them and lives on quite a large property, agreed to take them back. I am going to see her on Wednesday. Her husband and her are now so attached to them that they do not want to give them back! We have been very grateful to have them in a fantastic home that in time to come we will get another dog. I am determined not to be as pathetic as I was with my two papillons and to show who is boss right from the word go!
It is all very easy for a vet to say that they will eat eventually but they don't have to look at a sad dog all day. I don't know what the answer is.
Our dd has her name on a waiting list for a 'schnoodle', a cross between a snauzer and a poodle. She hopes to have her puppy in March.
I love going to the beach in the morning and watch all the dogs just having the best time. Until 8 am they do not have to be on a leash and many locals take their dogs for walks, hitting tennis balls in the ocean for dogs to retrieve etc. etc. I have yet to see 2 dogs have a fight, they just love it.

I went shopping early this morning and 'found' a really nice outfit for a beach wedding we have to go to next Saturday.....and I bought a couple more computer books (they were on special)

Just heard that the temperature has reach 39 degrees

Have a great day all, stay warm and I will attempt to stay cool!
Cheers
Maria

Last edited by flaggies; 01-05-2003 at 10:50 PM.
Old 01-06-2003, 11:42 AM   #2  
Life Time 2001

Maria: What adorable puppies! I Would love to have one

Ann: I dont know what to tell you either. Its hard to sit there and watch them not eat. I love dogs and its always hard for me to look at them with those sad eyes.

Have a great day all!
Old 01-06-2003, 05:00 PM   #3  

G'day all,

Another hot day........
Received news yesterday that it looks like New Zealand could be as soon as next week!!!!
Today I will make a list of all that needs to be done if that indeed is the case.
DD has asked me to put all her wedding photos and any other photos of her and her dh that I have, on CD.
Very little else to do on such a hot day.

Have a great day all,
Cheers
Maria
Old 01-06-2003, 09:04 PM   #4  
Member Florida Chick

Unhappy Frost possible

Hi: Had to cover all my flowers for tonight as it may possibly freeze tomorrow morning early. Brrr. We are too used to warm weather. When I ride my bike, I wear gloves as my hands get so cold.

Called the Vet this a.m. and we went over an had a conference. Took back the cans of yucky dog food, and he finally said there is really no way to be absolutely sure if this would work. So he said go back to her regular regimen of food, and then bring in a urine sample again in about 3 weeks. A very happy dog tonight

And so are we. She is not teasing, and whineing and generally looking sad. Time will tell, I guess, if her regular diet is causing a problem. I confessed that I had given her turkey at Christmas time, before we took the sample, and he did say that maybe that might have made the problem with the crystals.

Thank you for your input and sympathy. Those sad eyes do get one--makes me feel mean. When I told the Vet that she wouldn't eat the special stuff at all, and it was 5 days, guess that is what convinced him.

Been working on the music for our Spring show. this time we are doing a musical Garden. Never knew there were so many songs about flowers or with flowers in the title. Have to have it all ready by next Monday.

Hi everyone. Good night. Ann
Old 01-06-2003, 11:28 PM   #5  
Super Surfer

Smile ...it's a girl...

Just picture me all smiles doing cartwheels , and a lot of happy dancing going on... I am a Grandma. . My DD had a little girl at 2:55 am on Jan 6. Life just doesn't get any better.

Just to show you how similar we all are, we had a beautiful Tri-color Cavalier King Charles Spaniel for 15 wonderful years. She was a darling. http://home.vicnet.net.au/~cavalier/breed.htm I hope this addy works.. she was like the one, second from the left.
They look a lot like Papillons.

it's been quite a day.
Old 01-07-2003, 05:32 AM   #6  

Congratulations Trudy , so good to hear all is well and you are now a proud grandmother of a baby girl.

It is amazing how many similarities there are with Americans, Canadians and Australians!!!!!
Loved the Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, one of my papillions is a tri-colour, the other is black and white, look forward to seeing them tomorrow after not seeing them for over a year!

It is getting late here, I have had a very frustrating day computer wise, won't bore you with the details but we have a cool change, so all is not bad!

Goodnight all
Cheers
Maria

Last edited by flaggies; 01-07-2003 at 05:34 AM.
Old 01-07-2003, 10:06 AM   #7  
Member Florida Chick

Talking Yippee and hurray

CONGRATULATIONS GRANDMA!!!!

I'm sure you are estatic, and looking forward to a lot of rocking. What is the babys name?

Our Cuddles dog has some of the facial expressions of your spaniel, as she is a cockapoo. Loved the picture. But she is all white, with just a little color in her ears and tail. Very loveable, and very happy to be back to her regular schedule.

Expect the contractor tomorrow to start on the job. A bigger mess before it gets better, I'm sure, but looking forward to having it all done.

Back to work Ann
Old 01-07-2003, 11:07 AM   #8  
Net browser

TRUDY
I KNOW you are so very happy to have a little grandbaby. I bet she is one sweet little DOLLIE
Hugs to you and DH.
Old 01-07-2003, 11:35 AM   #9  
Life Time 2001

Ann: Im so glad your puppy got to go back on the regular food!

Grandma Trudy: CONGRATULATIONS!
I bet she is the most precious thing!
Old 01-07-2003, 12:58 PM   #10  

Default I don't know where the time goes

we are now into the 7th day of the new year and I am just getting here. So Happy New Year!!! Trudy congratulations on being a grandma. I think that there must be a new "princess". Tell us all about her. Maria I wish I could walk on the beach in the morning. It sounds so nice and peaceful. We have had a little snow and it is cold. It must have been very annoying to get a computer virus. I would be so Ann hope your little pooch is better now that he is getting his old food. I hate having those sad little eyes looking at you. Someone gave my dog a chewy thing for Christmas. He was taking it all around the house burying it. I had a throw on the sofa and it had blood all over it. He wore a sore spot on his nose trying to put imaginary dirt on it. Needless to say he doesn't have it anymore. I think I am getting whatever is going around. I feel blechy today and keep getting chills. Don't have time for this. Going to go for a nap.
Old 01-07-2003, 03:10 PM   #11  

Default Another Grandma

Congratulations on the new baby grand daughter.

Karen
Old 01-07-2003, 05:31 PM   #12  

G'day all,

Have you come down to earth a little yet Trudy ?
It must be very exciting, the grandmas here certainly enjoy the role of grandma! For me still a little way off

As have already said before, I am off to see my friend today who has my dogs. It is a beautiful 'top down' day and I will enjoy the 1 hour or so drive to the country to get to her place.

Had all sorts of problems yesterday with my scanner which in turn 'stuffed' up my computer.
I had a feeling that dd felt a bit left out that her wedding photos are not on my website yet With so many other things going on, I just had not gotten around to it however yesterday I decided to get her photos up there and then of course dh and I spend over 4 hours rectifying the problems with my scanner Computers
At 11 o'clock last night I uploaded her page!
By the way, please check out my very favourite photo of my children which is the second to last photo on 'Lexie & Joe's page.
It was taken just before breakfast on the day of dd's wedding.

I really need to make the website a bit more uniform but I have lost quite a bit of data with the virus I recently had, anyway it will give me something to do when we are in.......New Zealand!
It now looks fairly certain that dh is going at the end of next week and if possible I will go with him, depends if all the chores are done.
We will be gone for about 3 months or so. Certainly a big improvement on going to India.

Off to get ready for my day out.
Cheers
Maria
Old 01-07-2003, 05:43 PM   #13  

I just received this lament in an email and thought I would share

Twas the month after Christmas,
and all through the house...

Nothing would fit me, not even a blouse.
The cookies I'd nibbled, the eggnog I'd taste
at the holiday parties had gone to my waist.

When I got on the scales there arose such a number!
When I walked to the store (less a walk than a lumber).
I'd remember the marvelous meals I'd prepared;
The gravies and sauces and beef nicely rare,

The wine and the rum balls, the bread and the cheese
And the way I'd never said, "No thank you, please."
As I dressed myself in my husband's old shirt
And prepared once again to do battle with dirt.

I said to myself, as I only can
"You can't spend a winter disguised as a man!"
So...away with the last of the sour cream dip,
Get rid of the fruit cake, every cracker and chip

Every last bit of food that I like must be banished
'Till all the additional ounces have vanished.
I won't have a cookie--not even a lick.
I'll want only to chew on a long celery stick.

I won't have hot biscuits, or corn bread, or pie,
I'll munch on a carrot and quietly cry.
I'm hungry, I'm lonesome, and life is a bore--
But isn't that what January is for?

Unable to giggle, no longer a riot.
Happy New Year to all and to all a good diet.

Cheers
Maria
Old 01-07-2003, 09:41 PM   #14  
Super Surfer

Angry what a great day I am having

Thank you for all the congrats on my little . When I laid eyes on her yesterday, my first words were "what a little angel she is".. so angel will be her name. There was a time I didn't even think we would be able to have any children at all, so to have a wonderful daughter and now a grand-daughter is more than I could have ever wished for. I am truly grateful.

Our temperatue is phenomenal for this time of year.. +6C/about 48F is unheard of. Beautiful sun shine day. We went to the hospital and visited for a couple of hours and then my DH drove me to Slavika's place for Tea Time. It was the first time I saw the gals since before Christmas so they had birthday gifts for me too. ..I I have journals, book bag, fizz bombs for the bath, picture frames.. I have great friends.
After my DH and I did some grocery shopping and then ate out.

Maria the "lament" was funny. I got rid of my treats too, but unfortuntely not soon enough. Could you post your web page addy again, I can't find the old post and this time I will put it into my favorites. Lucky you going to New Zealand and having your home in Australia.

Bye for now..

Last edited by Trudy; 01-07-2003 at 09:44 PM.
Old 01-07-2003, 10:31 PM   #15  
Life Time 2001

Maria: New Zealand does sound alot better than India. Its is suppose to be beautiful there. Have you been before?
Checked out that picture to. It is a great one. They look so much a like.

Peggy: Hope you are feeling better soon!

Trudy: Sounds like you had more of a fun birthday! You do have some great friends Maria's page is in her signature. Just copy and paste and it into the URL location and it should work for you!
Angel is a good name for such a sweetie. Wish we could see a picture of her.

Night all!
Closed Thread