Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2002, 08:11 AM   #1  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Post Tuesday Thread

ARRRRRRRRGH so I find out at the dentist (this is for my CLEANING remember) that I have another cracked filling. I have to get it fixed in January. This SUCKS!

Of course, you have to realize that when I was 13 I went to the dentist and had 20 cavities (thats right, count em...20) at one time. They said something about hormones and it happens to some kids sometimes...whatever. So I have probably a total of 30 fillings in my mouth. The ones I got when I was young are bound to go sometime I suppose. I just hate the dentist. I mean this guy is nice, I just hate them in general.

So otherwise, I guess things are ok. I talked to one of the leaders at WW about being a receptionist/sub and she told her regional manager and her regional manager called me. I have an interview on Saturday at 11 after the weigh in that morning. I will let you all know how it goes.

Back to boring work!
Old 12-17-2002, 10:04 AM   #2  

Where is everyone????
Old 12-17-2002, 10:08 AM   #3  
Eve's Mom

Lori! I am here!! Guess what?? I made it to 199 this morning!! Yay!!! Its a new century for me!! I actually WI on my own scale midweek and was at 196 but have since gained (started eating after the stomach flu thing) so 199 is a lot more accurate. Wow, I am so thrilled. I haven't been here since I was about 17!!!

I feel your pain wiht the dentist. I had absessed baby teeth and they didnt' want to fall out so most of my baby teeth were pulled and since then, had no caviities, nothing until this year! Then I had this horrid fear...I don't like the dentist either....

Well I think I have a bronchial infection - I am coughing up a lung and was literally up all night with it (on the couch).

Today b/f gets the cookie bouquet I sent him for his b-day! It shoudl be a good surprise.....

BBL
Old 12-17-2002, 10:08 AM   #4  

Good morning Lori! And everyone else lurking and about to post!

Not much new for me. I feel slightly overwhelmed. What a crummy time of year to be boxing my house up and moving. We are moving this weekend and I still need to decorate our X-mas tree and wrap all of the X-mas presents. There just isn't enough time in the day, and of course, I am working all week, so that gives me from 5-?? each night to get some of this stuff done.

But, on the bright side, the house has turned out to be just beautiful. Everything I wanted and more. DH is finishing carpeting the sunroom and it is done. I have asked my assistant to place all of the building pics on a website, from start to finish. I hope she gets them up this week, then you all can see. I am going to take some inside pics tonight.

Eating has still be less than stellar, but I am afraid I just don't have the time to rope it in until next week when we are at least in the house. I don't eat often, but when I do, it is usually fast food because we are at the house or on the road from Home Depot or something.

Thursday is my last day this week. I am off then until Jan. 2nd. That is going to be really nice for the move. Not so much relaxing, but I should get a lot of stuff done in that time frame.

I wanted to say "Congrats" to Jayne and Lori for your great news. There is nothing more important in life than having children. They are what have kept me sane these last several months. Cherish each day you have them, they grow up so fast.

Anyway, let's see what else I can remember:

Jen ~ Good luck on finals. I know you need some time to relax, I can't believe the schedule you keep!

Ali ~ I know you have had a bit of boy trouble. Chin up, lots of boys...so little time! Good luck with your interviews.

KT ~ I am so glad single life is suiting you well. You will really look back and cherish this time when your old and married!!

Jen ~ I hope the back is doing better....I am the same as you, with all three of my pregnancies, I never had morning sickness, but had backaches and terrible heartburn.....it is always something, although it must not be too bad, we keep doing it!!

Kier ~ Hey girl, how is school going, are you done yet?

Kim ~ Where you been? How is married life??

Hi Rina, Jess (I am sorry to hear about your boy troubles, things will get better soon!!), Kirsty (loved the party pics, that is how I look too when I have had too much to drink!), Belle (I hope all of the sickness has left you, you deserve to feel well for a long time!!).

Well, I know I missed people, and I am sorry, trying to do all of this from memory!!

Let's get posting today, I don't plan on doing any work now until Thursday afternoon!!

Later!
Old 12-17-2002, 10:52 AM   #5  

Default PG People

Ok this is for all you PG people...I told DF what was happening on the board and he thoguth it was funny, everyone being PG. Tne I thought abotu it more and more and really wanted to say something to him about having kids (I don't want to for about 5 years maybe but i like to talk about it you know?) but I didn't say anything. He is the type of guy who is like this:

"I want kids. Later. Not now. So I don't want to think about it now."

Is that a normal attitude? I think that is adding to the financial problems. I think "if we are gonna have kids, we need to save up for a house" but he doesn't think we need to save. as long as we pay the bills on time, everything is good to him. Should I explain my thinking to him? Anyone have experience with this topic here?
Old 12-17-2002, 10:58 AM   #6  

Lori ~

I think women are more planners than men. But, I also believe in open communication and tell him what you are thinking. DH and I haven't been very good at the communication thing, and it has been tough, I am trying to change our ways though. Remember, he can't read your mind.

Old 12-17-2002, 11:20 AM   #7  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey all... I had a meeting this morning again (not a **** one tho!). I am meeting a friend for lunch, so that should be nice. Nothing new except trying to finish all the gifts I am making. It is stressful but much more rewarding that going out and buying. I am going to take pictures of things I made and hopefully post them to my website, so I will let you know!

Lori, hubby and I were very open about the children thing. We both desperately wanted them, but also we both wanted to wait. We were on the same wave length so that was nice. We waited 2 years after we were married to have kids. MIL was not thrilled, and I sometimes think I was not ready. I had Emma at 28, and she was due exactly 2 years from the day we got married (born 10 days early tho!).

Tonya, in HS we moved the weekend before Christmas and it was nuts. Tho my dad went out and bought a great tree and decorated it for us. So the first thing we saw when we moved in was a great tree. It was a stressful, but nice christmas because of that. Good luck.

Belle, Yah for you. I am going upwards at the moment, but I will be back in a bit!!!! I just have a strong feeling that it will work better this time. For one thing, the baby is due in warm weather, unlike Emma who was due in the beginning of winter with all the holidays.

Hey everyone else.

Guess I better get some work done!
Old 12-17-2002, 02:00 PM   #8  
Proud Canadian

Hello everyone!
I am not doing well today - I have some sort of horrible rash all over my face and its burning and I look like an idiot. I'm going to the doctor tonight. Already 3 of my co-workers have commented on it. I can't wear make up because I may be having an allergic reaction so it's really noticable. Yuck.

Lori - when my ex and I started seeing each other, neither of us wanted kids, i broke up with him because I changed my mind and he didn't - then we got back together because he said he changed his mind and actually wanted them (he was lying, he doesn't want kids) so it would have been nice to know that before wasting so much time with him. I say bring it up casually, as in, all this talk on-line has got me thinking, how many kids do you want? and see what he says.

Belle - YAY!! Good for you! what a great way to start the new year. you go girl!

Tonya - I am so happy for your house - can't wait to see pictures.

Jen - crafts are so nice, I think next year my family should have a homemade christmas (this year we are doing a warmth theme and last year it was books) Let us know if you get picts posted.

OK, this took forever so Hi to anyone else who posted while I was taking my time. BBL
KT
Old 12-17-2002, 02:19 PM   #9  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Just to let you all know, last night I miscarried our baby. I probably won't be around too much, but I thought it would be easier to tell you all now than to come back and deal with it in two weeks.
Old 12-17-2002, 02:29 PM   #10  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Jayne, I am so sorry for your loss. If you need to talk you can PM or email me. Our thoughts and prayers are with you!
Old 12-17-2002, 02:37 PM   #11  

Jayne I am so sorry =( My thoughts are with you and your family.

KT - I know Jay wants kids...he just doesn't want to think about it NOW because he doesnt want them NOW if that makes any sense to the rest of the world.
Old 12-17-2002, 02:48 PM   #12  
A Yankee in Virginia

Here I am! Many thanks to Belle for giving me the URL. The one I had wasn't working and I couldn't find you guys by going through the 3FC site. At the moment, I seem to be able to read everything okay. Lately, every time I tried to visit it wouldn't load.

Hello to everyone, congrats, Lori! How's everyone holding up for the holidays! I'm not even close to having Christmas shopping done. I was going to put together albums of wedding photos for our parents but I kept putting off going through the hundreds of photos (our photographer just gave me her film). Last night I finally sat down with it all and realized there was no way I would get through them all, get photos picked out for four sets of parents and have everything done by next week. So everyone's getting 8X10's of DH and me instead. At least for now. (I POSTED IT ON THE PHOTO THREAD!)

Married life is good. We're both looking for new jobs and have interviews at the same newspaper next month. Plus, another newspaper is interested in me ... we're trying to move to the other side of the state, where we both have family, including DH's mom.

Jayne, I'm so very sorry about your miscarriage. I'm thinking about you.

Last edited by kimobi; 12-17-2002 at 03:03 PM.
Old 12-17-2002, 03:14 PM   #13  
Proud Canadian

Jayne - so sorry for your loss, we're here for you if and when you need us.

Kim - nice to "see" you again!

KT
Old 12-17-2002, 09:14 PM   #14  
Running Babe

Hey Y'all

Not too much new is here. I am behind on my xmas shopping but it doens't really matter, it will get done and I'll have to be patient through all the lines etc

Jayne: I'm sorry about your loss, we're here for you.

Tonya: well my boy troubles aren't too bad... I have a really good guy friend who well, we're more than friends, less than a couple. But for now, it will do, I do like him and I am certain he does like me... no need to rush it... I am kind of bad at communicating my feelings too... I just have never been one to blab everything to a guy including how I feel about certain things... Which can lead to problems etc... I am working at being better at it though, but it is hard... I know sometimes my parents have a hard time communicating... That's where I get it from I guess.

KT: same with my ex and me, I wanted kids, he didn't...

Lori: I am assuming Jay is about your age, yes it's normal I think... hmmm maybe make a comment like this "yeah when I have kids I don't want a minivan, I want a Subaru Outback" when you see a station wagon drive by... make it the casualest comment ever or something to that degree. But I do agree since you're getting married, I think you should bring up the fact that you do want them.

Belle: I am so proud of you (I was anyway, but I know you really wanted this)

Anyhoo Take Care!

Ali
Closed Thread