Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2003, 12:10 PM   #76  
Back on Track

Es – Glad to meet you. I’ve discovered that, for myself, if I my heart isn’t in what I’m doing, I’m very rarely successful. Very smart to wait to rejoin WW until you’re ready. Good for you on exercising and best of luck to your brother on his gym! Wish I could get into the “exercise” thing. I’m still trying to find something I enjoy doing so I won’t get bored.

You know, I never thought about sending stuff home with people to get it out of the house. See? You guys are already giving me helpful ideas.

Dianne – Good for you on your fresh start. Do you really like the WATP tape? Is this an audio or video? I’ve seen it mentioned before, but really don’t know anything about it.

Zoe – Drink lots and lots of fluids and get lots of rest!!! It seems like the viruses going around are more difficult to get rid of unless you take the time you need to get better.

Jen – Glad to meet you as well. How did you get to temporary “retirement” status? That sure does sound nice. I’m also in week 1 of WW yet again. My sister in TX and I are trying to support each other. Actually, she’s the one who emailed me the address for this web site. Support certainly seems to be a key to weight loss for most.

Yesterday wasn’t so great. I miscalculated and didn’t eat enough protein for lunch. By the time I got home from work, I was ravenous. Ate absolutely everything in sight. So, I’m now 9.5 points behind. I’m determined to make it up by the end of the week (Wednesday), but I’m a little disappointed in myself that I didn’t plan better. Oh well, live and learn. I’ve readjusted my menus so I shouldn’t have the same problem today.

Hope everyone has a terrific Friday.

Old 01-03-2003, 01:13 PM   #77  

HI everyone, Happy New Year!!!

Sorry I haven'e been here in a while. I have been down lately with all the Mom junk. I consequently had not been staying OP at all. Actually gained quite a bit of my wieght back since the fall (15 lbs). It is a New Year and I am determined to get back to where I belong.

I haven't had a chance to catch up on all of the posts but I feel better just getting back here with all you loosers I missed you.

Welcome to our new friend!!!

More later after I catch up on the posts.

-JanieD
Old 01-03-2003, 03:05 PM   #78  

Talking

Janie I was thinking about you. Glad you're back with us. I missed you. I've stayed the same but it got out of hand over the holidays with chocolate! We're all getting back on track. Zoe on the other hand, has been our Rock! She is steadily losing.

LeeAnn, my downfall is sweets. That's why I give stuff away because if not I'll eat it all. I'd rather give up a plate of food to have 2 cups of light ice cream or skim milk with a sleeve of cookies. I won't do that but I would like to. Sometimes if I know I ate more than I should have I'll exercise a little harder. Those tapes that Jen has may be good for you. I bought them for my sister but she hates exercise. I don't think she even took them out of the wrapper & I gave them to her in October! They're called Walk Away The Pounds. I don't know if you have a Cosco or BJ's where you live but they sell them for a great price. Walmart may have them too.

Jen, thanks for thinking of me as the Exercise Queen. I've been exercising since 1988. I was always dieting & starving myself. Before my job moved they built a women's gym right up the block so I decided to join. That's when it all started. I changed the shape of my body & had definition in my legs! I liked what I saw & how it made me feel & I got hooked. I have my lazy days but them I get right back into it. I can't stop for too long cause then I don't feel right. If I lived close to all of you I would be picking you all up to go for walks.

Till later

Love,
Essie

Last edited by EsRios426; 01-03-2003 at 03:22 PM.
Old 01-03-2003, 03:19 PM   #79  

Hello All!
I'm sorry I haven't posted in a few days, but my computer at home has DIED! I don't know what happened...it was working fine and then boom, decided it couldn't detect a modem anymore!
We have been trying to figure it out for the last two days but still are not having any luck.
I am writing a quick note from work today cuz I don't want you to forget that I'm here!
So far so good with week 1 on WW. (Just from home) I'm writing down EVERYTHING that is going into my mouth and I did get my walk in today and yesterday. I don't like going out in the cold so I probably won't get any exercise in this weekend. I so do appreciate the access I have to the gym at work!
So hopefully we will get our computer back this weekend and I will be able respond with a better post....but for now, know I'm thinking of you all, and wishing I could get in here more often!

Have a FAN-TAB-U-LOUS weekend!
Cheers,
Cindy
Old 01-03-2003, 10:53 PM   #80  

Hi guys

Just chillin' with willie today - we were supposed to pick up Alana from her sister Lisa's today, but we didn't want to go out in this lousy weather. Now, it looks like tomorrow will be worse She's visiting her sister a lot more now that her "friend" Casey also lives in Staten Island.

Casey came to visit us last week and I don't know about you, but I felt a bit uncomfortable when he and Alana were watching t.v. and he was "laying down" on my sofa I mean he's nice and all, but I would never lay down on my boyfriends sofa the first time I visited his parents - you????!!! I mean they weren't doing anything wrong, and Alana was sitting up (she ain't crazy ) but it just seemed really nervy to me. Also, I knew Willie would be coming home and would probably not be happy about seeing this guy on the couch! Its hard enough for him to realize Alana is growing up and has a boyfriend!

Es - It just starting snowing here, but its supposed to get worse. Do you have snow by you? Willie's doing great, thanks for asking. He's so funny with the points, he keeps saying "okay, what can I eat now" Maybe it will keep me on track, keeping him on track!

Jen - I haven't done the 3 mile walk away the pounds tape yet either - in fact, I now have to start over with the 1 mile tape. But that's okay, like we love to say in here "thank God for fresh starts".

ZoeGirl - Hope you feel better soon - take care of you! It is a lot easier with willie being OP with me, but, lol, he never had a choice - when I do ww, he does ww, lol. Actually, he has been bugging me recently to get back OP because he likes the way we eat when I do ww, and he loses too, which is an added bonus.

Well, today's the last day of my holiday break - I go back on Monday, it was fun while it lasted.

Lee Ann - I work at a University too and we have something else in common - mystery books - I love them. I have read all of James Patterson's books - do you read him? I do like the WATP tapes (video). There are 3 of them - 1 mile, 2 miles and 3 miles. They also came with some blue balls that you fill with water, but that did NOT work out well for me, so I gave up the blue balls, lol. I like them because my favorite exercise is walking and since its hard to do that in the winter, this is perfect for me. I gave then to my sister for xmas too.

Hi Terri (how are you doing?), Ruth (are you back at school?), Janie (glad to see you back here, girl), Sandy (have you stopped partying yet, lol?) and Cindy(how's your 1st week on ww going?).

Will talk to you's guys soon.

Hugs,
Dianne

Last edited by decemberdianne; 01-03-2003 at 11:05 PM.
Old 01-04-2003, 10:45 AM   #81  
Queen of the Fresh Start

It is so cool to see all the posts here!

Dianne,
I definitely agree with you, it would make me uncomfortable to have the boyfriend laying around; kids today are different tho....geezzzz that makes me sound OLD!! they're much more laid-back than we were, don't you think? My Mom really stressed what was "proper" and we didn't dare veer from that.

Es,
Give me sweets anytime! I'd gladly forego a dinner for some chocolate or pie. And oh, how I wish we could walk together!!!

LeeAnn,
The WalkAwayThePounds tapes are great, especially for those of us in the dead cold of winter. I bought my 3pk of vhs online at Amazon for about $30, and they came with the blueballs that Dianne was talking about. (Which I don't use either, I use my handweights if I want the added workout) BUT WAIT!!! Yesterday at Best Buy I saw the 1mile and 2 mile workouts on one dvd for $9.99 that's a great deal. They then have the 3mile workout on another dvd for the same price. If you're thinking of getting them, you should buy them there.
My "retirement" was my way of saying I Quit...was burned out after 24 years of customer service, plus we weren't paying tuition anymore for the kids, which was the reason I went to work in the first place. I don't collect a pension yet, am too young I'll have to get a job soon, tho, as: a.) I miss getting out every day and b.) miss the extra $$$

Janie,
Good to hear from you! I was mortified to weigh in and find I had gained 12 pounds since summer ended but we're putting that behind us in the new year, right? Good luck, keep in touch

Cindy,
Our puter did that also, couldn't detect a modem. We had to go buy a separate, "free standing" modem as the one inside the cpu wouldn't work anymore. My son did it all for us, thank goodness...he's our "tech support" good luck with yours.

okay, I've written a book!
Terri, hope your trip home is safe. Ruth, do you go back to class on Monday? Sandy, HI! Zoe, hope you are feeling better

~Jen

Last edited by Jenny523; 01-04-2003 at 10:48 AM.
Old 01-04-2003, 11:12 AM   #82  

Thumbs down

Hi Girls

Today is my brother's Grand Opening. I'm a little worried about him cause he hasn't had any sleep since yesterday. I spoke to my SIL before & she's worried about him too. I'll get on his case when I get there

We didn't get the snow they had predicted. We got a dusting.

Jen, I got WATP for $20 at BJ's. All three of them with the balls. They're on VHS. My sister called me before & I asked her how did she like the tapes. She hasn't tried them yet. I asked her about the blue balls & she asked what blue balls!(heeellloooo)
I guess that was a waste of money. If I could retire I'd be buffed cause I would always be in the gym.

Dianne, I remember years ago, David brought a girl that he only knew for 1 week & she layed down in his bed to watch TV!! You know I had to say something.

LouWho, I hope you get your computer fixed soon. Way To Go with your journaling.

I'll be back this evening.

Have a great day

Love,
Es
Old 01-04-2003, 11:21 AM   #83  

Hello All!

My dh fixed our computer! I came home from work yesterday and it was all OK! This man never ceases to amaze me!

Jen - These walking tapes you are taling about....are they "follow along " tapes? Are you actually walking in the livingroom to the tape? At first I thought you were talking about cassette tapes you plugged into a walkman as you walked....guess I was wrong. Who hosts them? I'll have to have a look for them when I'm out today. Although the only place there is to go here is WalMart....I will have a look though.

Dianne - I agree, that scenario would make me abit uncomfortable as well, how old is your daughter? I can remember such strick rules my mother had for my sister and I when we dated. I was NOT ALLOWED to take a boy into my room, even if the door stayed open....big no no and I can still remember the first time I brought a boy home. I think I gave him a list of the way he needed to "behave" when he met my parents. LOL I do not have teenagers yet (close, in 2 months my twin boys will be 13! ) but I'm sure I'll be into situations that I shake my head at one day as well...

Well, I'm on day four of my first week of WW. I kinda went off track last night, I know why it happens. I get lazy. Friday nights I'm home with the kids while hubby goes off to work the night shift. It's just easier to make something quick (and usually in the high fat catergory) and that's what I ended up doing last night *sigh* However, I am back on track this morning and not beating myself up over my indulgence. I weigh in Wednesday mornings (at home) and then I'll see if any damage has been done.
My motivation and determination are strong today so I'm sure the weekend will be a good one.

I know that I can be successful on WW. It's a program that I can live with, REAL FOOD, REAL LIFE, REAL RESULTS ,

And being able to come here and sit at my computer keyboard and freely "vent" I find very liberating! Thank you all!

Cheers!
Cindy
Old 01-05-2003, 11:45 AM   #84  
Back on Track

Angry Hey all!

Good morning to everyone!!!

Hope everyone is doing well, feeling great, and generally having a super day!

Dianne – Haven’t read any James Patterson. My favorite is Lilian Jackson Braun’s The Cat Who series. I’ve got them all, including the cookbook, the companion book and just recently a collection of short and tall tales. Since I’m partial to cats, these are right up my alley. Thanks for the info on the WATP videos. I’ll be investigating them very soon. I also agree with you about the boyfriend on the couch. It would definitely make me feel uncomfortable.

Jen – Thanks for the heads up on WATP. 24 years in customer service??? My, you have patience!!! I would say the break is well deserved. I understand your feelings on both missing the $$$ and getting out of the house. If I stay home on a week vacation, by the end I’m just about stir crazy. It isn’t that I don’t have things to do or hobbies to pursue, but it’s nice interacting with people.

Es – How did your brother’s grand opening go???

Well, I weighed myself this a.m. (couldn’t resist). I’m down 2 and my “official" weigh-in day isn’t until Thursday. Now, if I can just maintain this 2 down through WI, I’d be ecstatic.

LeeAnn
Old 01-05-2003, 12:27 PM   #85  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Good Sunday morning,

Last night's birthday celebration w/my bro and his wife turned out better than I had hoped for, points-wise. I only went over for the day by 1 point I think I'll end the week this evening by being 11 points in the hole....but that is much better than I've been eating for a long time! The total amount of points I'm allowed for a week (at the high end) is 217; I know I've been eating far far more than that for the last year. So I'm happy with what I accomplished this week.

LeeAnn,
It's hard to resist weighing in more than once a week, isn't it? I've got a SIL who weighs a couple times a day, even in the middle of the night...and then makes herself crazy w/every fluctuation. I force myself to stay off the scale can wait if it's bad news.

Dianne,
I've recently discovered James Patterson, had found a couple of his books marked down; I like the way he writes.
A neighbor told me about his favorite book, The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett...it is really good. I would recommend it highly.

Cindy,
The WATP videos are done in front of the tv...it consists of a warm-up, the walk, and a cool-down. They are definitely a nice alternative to walking outside, I get more of an upper body workout than I do outdoors.

Es,
How did Tony's grand opening go? Are you ready to switch careers? I hope the bad weather didn't keep people away.

We're staying home and vegging today, have a low points onion soup from Trader Joe's to try...watching football playoffs...Packers lost... YES!!!!!!! Go STEELERS (hi Terri!)

luv,
~Jen

Last edited by Jenny523; 01-05-2003 at 12:32 PM.
Old 01-05-2003, 02:13 PM   #86  

Angry

Hello

My brother's grand opening went well. Because of the weather I think people stayed home. Around 6 people came in asking questions. It's very nice. It's toned down & cozy. Not like these other gyms with all the mirrors & the wild music. I walked in with a bunch of balloons. He is very happy. I wish him lots of success. There's alot of competition out there. His dream finally came true.

Jen, he has 3 trainers & he still talks about me being the manager. Right now I can't leave my job but I could help him out on the weekends. Do you count points weekly or daily? You count the total for the week then subtract each day?

LeeAnn, 2 lbs. is great! What are you allowed(points)? I useto weigh myself every other day. The bad thing about that was if I was up the day before weighin I would skip that week. Eventually I would stop altogether cause I didn't want to pay the weeks that I missed. That is why I really have to make sure I want to join again.

Cindy I'm glad your hubby fixed your computer. I would be lost without mine. Pete (my hubby) thinks I spend too much time on mine which I don't. Lots of times I'd rather spend time here than watch TV.

Well, I go back to work tomorrow I really enjoyed being off. I could get useto this. I only work 4 days a week so it goes by fast.

Let me go check out some threads.

Hi, Terri, Zoe, Dianne, Ruth, Janie & Sandy.

Have a nice day everybody.

Hugs,
Es

Last edited by EsRios426; 01-05-2003 at 02:20 PM.
Old 01-05-2003, 05:50 PM   #87  

Hi guys -

Today is such a lazy day for us - we've been watching dvd's. I really wanted to relax since tomorrow's my first day back in 2 weeks. Actually, I'm kinda looking forward to getting back - I probably won't feel that way 10 mins after I arrive,

Jen - thanks for the heads up on that book, I'll check it out. I think you may like one of Patterson's books called "Diary for Nicholas" - its different then the rest of his books which mostly involve murder - I really enjoyed it. I'm curious too, like Es - are you saying you count points by the week? That's interesting, if so. Tell me how the ww on line is.

Hey Es, mi amiga - glad to hear your brother's opening went well, don't worry I'm sure he'll get plenty of customers once word gets out. I wish him much success It will probably be fun for you too to help him out on the weekends. Who knows, maybe he'll become so successful, you'll be able to quit your job and manage for him, that would be

Hi ZoeGirl: What's up? Are you feeling any better? Hope so.

LeeAnn - I haven't read any books by that author, maybe I'll check her out. Unfortunately, I am Soooooooo NOT partial to cats It's a weird fear (maybe phobia???) I have about them. Anyway, congrats on the 2 lbs., that's great. It is hard not to weigh all the time.

Hi Cindy, Terri, Janie, Sandy and Ruth - how are you guys doing?

Well, willie and I are on our 4th OP day, so far so good. I think it is helping me that he's doing it too (harder for me to get away with things We are not going to weigh ourselves until thursday morning, that will make 1 week. Now we just have to take the time to do the WATP tapes. Tomorrow's bowling, so that's not going to happen, maybe Tuesday. Anyway, its been okay so far, hope that motivation continues. I too gained back the 12 pounds I had lost and I was so close to goal, but like you said Jen, no looking back - we'll just keep going.

Well, gotta go, we're having grilled chicken salad tonight - I looovvvvvvve chicken!

Talk to you's soon.

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 01-05-2003, 05:56 PM   #88  

Hi guys -

Today is such a lazy day for us - we've been watching dvd's. I really wanted to relax since tomorrow's my first day back in 2 weeks. Actually, I'm kinda looking forward to getting back - I probably won't feel that way 10 mins after I arrive,

Jen - thanks for the heads up on that book, I'll check it out. I think you may like one of Patterson's books called "Diary for Nicholas" - its different then the rest of his books which mostly involve murder - I really enjoyed it. I'm curious too, like Es - are you
Old 01-05-2003, 05:56 PM   #89  

Hi guys -

Jen - thanks for the heads up on that book, I'll check it out. I think you may like one of Patterson's books called "Diary for Nicholas" - its different then the rest of his books which mostly involve murder - I really enjoyed it. I'm curious too, like Es - are you saying you count points by the week? That's interesting, if so. Tell me how the ww on line is.

Hey Es, mi amiga - glad to hear your brother's opening went well, don't worry I'm sure he'll get plenty of customers once word gets out. I wish him much success It will probably be fun for you too to help him out on the weekends. Who knows, maybe he'll become so successful, you'll be able to quit your job and manage for him, that would be

Hi ZoeGirl: What's up? Are you feeling any better? Hope so.

LeeAnn - I haven't read any books by that author, maybe I'll check her out. Unfortunately, I am Soooooooo NOT partial to cats It's a weird fear (maybe phobia???) I have about them. Anyway, congrats on the 2 lbs., that's great. It is hard not to weigh all the time.

Hi Cindy, Terri, Janie, Sandy and Ruth - how are you guys doing?

Well, willie and I are on our 4th OP day, so far so good. I think it is helping me that he's doing it too (harder for me to get away with things We are not going to weigh ourselves until thursday morning, that will make 1 week. Now we just have to take the time to do the WATP tapes. Tomorrow's bowling, so that's not going to happen, maybe Tuesday. Anyway, its been okay so far, hope that motivation continues. I too gained back the 12 pounds I had lost and I was so close to goal, but like you said Jen, no looking back - we'll just keep going.

Well, gotta go, we're having grilled chicken salad tonight - I looovvvvvvve chicken!

Talk to you's soon.

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 01-05-2003, 06:49 PM   #90  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Sorry, girls, I kind of mis-stated my thoughts....what I meant was that I was eating like a real oinker up to this point....and that if I'm allowed as much as 217 points per week (max of 31 per day x 7 days) then I know I was waaaay over before! I'm counting points on a daily basis, like we always do. I'm in the 26-31 points range and have managed to get in the hole...Online totals and banks for you automatically, and I'm at -11. But what I meant was I know even at this point I'm doing better than I was eating before!!!

Sorry for the confusion
~Jen

Last edited by Jenny523; 01-05-2003 at 06:51 PM.
Closed Thread