Old 12-15-2010, 09:32 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone and happy Wednesday to you all! Another super cold day here! Not much is going on, have W/I tomorrow night and I don't expect to be down but will go anyway.

Hope everyone is doing well... has anyone heard from Judy? She has not posted in a while...
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:04 PM   #47  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

hI tURTLES,
I'm here. I haven't had a minute to write. I'll catch up later, but I'm doing fine. Lost .2# at WI this morning. I'm thrilled because last week I lost 5# and I didn't give any of that back. Will write later. Good luck to us all and keep our eyes on the prize!
Love,
Judy.
Itryharder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 03:41 PM   #48  
Chick

Hi TUrtles,
Well, I just made 3 trays of baked ziti for the week between Christmas and New Year's. I'm expecting plenty of the kids to be here then and it will be good to have a "go to" dinner ready. I also made ice cream parfaits for Christmas Day. I put them in my parfait glasses with sauce in between the two flavors and a dab of sauce on top. Not low calorie, but my parfait glasses are small, so the portion is controlled. Yay! Gotta type fast because dh is home and will be at work tonight, but I don't want to lose touch here.

Princess, cold here too. But our cold is 27 degrees, not 2! Your decorating sounds perfect and I'm so glad all your furniture fits and looks good. Wasn't it handy that you had a white chili in your crockpot when you had an unexpected guest. Really nice. I only got on the 1X this month. Ugh. I hear you about I really haven't had time, but I've got to make time.

Bandit, decorating all done. Isn't that a good feeling! Also like the idea of a shrimp ring. I've got cooked shrimp in the freezer waiting for the company during the holidays. It's saved me many times. 1/2cup of shrimp is only 1 point and that's a real point+ bargain.

Cherry, well I guess cold can also mean healthy when the germs get killed with the cold weather. Congrats on maintaining your weight during this happy time. Lots of WWs lose control and overeat, so you're doing great!

Life4evr, we've enjoyed having you here. You've been such great support and I will miss you. Do what you have to do. Make the choices you need to make and know that we're all sending you : Come back when you can. Best of everything!

Peanutt, wow! You hit the nail on the head with WW and flexibility. It's wonderful that you're doing well even with the challenges. My dd had the most delicious appetizers the other night and I overate very quickly. When I got home and figured out the points+ they were up around 30! I was pretty shocked so I have to keep in mind that carbs and fat cost more with this new system. Glad you're doing well. Yay! If you find some good recipes, we'd love to see them.

As I said, gotta run! My mtg. today was good and it is really nice making better friends at the mtg. It's more cheerful.
: and to everyone to keep on keepin' on!
Judy
234.6/188.2/thinner and into my 170's
Old 12-16-2010, 01:39 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Thanks for the support everyone. I am slowly getting myself back together. I had to come up with a Plan Z, since I am so far past a plan B for nursing school. So needless to say I am going to have to sit out a semester and reenter the nursing program due to not making high enough in my class. So that is what is going on with me.

Umm my eating has been pretty bad its eat alot or not eat for me right now. Glad everyone is doing well. It is cold here also at least for us. We are suppose to get snow/ice I think tonight.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 11:03 AM   #50  
Chick

Life4evr, glad to see you're still posting. You'll sort this all out. I'm sending you : for whatever is best for you.

Turtles,
I did quite a bit of baking yesterday. Oh. Now I remember why this time of year is so tough. I tried my technique of eating only when sitting down. I think that helped somewhat. But the scale isn't budging down and that's what I want. It was fine to lose .2# last week, but I'm looking for better this week. I'm going to visit my aunt and cousin this morning. I'm bringing lunch, so have to figure something out there. It's a sad visit because my aunt is having memory problems. She is 85 and has always been so competant. It's making me very sad. The best I can do is remember all the good times, but in a way that's making things worse.

I got a note from my sister this morning and she's not putting up her Christmas tree. When I look around my house and see that it looks like Santa decorated Toys R Us LOL, I smile and am so happy that my dh is still ready and willing and able to make the house look so kid friendly for Christmas. When our grandkids are here, it'll be great. And in the meantime I get to enjoy the lights and decorations. I'm much cheerier this Christmas. Now onto making the effort to lose a few pounds.

Good luck to all of us. Chime in when you can.
Best wishes to us all!
Judy
234.6/188.2/170's and thinner
Old 12-17-2010, 12:21 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Hi Everyone! I just wanted to stop by and say hello quick, I have been really really busy and have not a minute to spare but still wanted to say hi!

I will try and hop online this weekend when things slow down.
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 12:45 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 220/198.8/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles:

Judy - sounds like you have been a busy gal as usual with all your cooking/baking/decorating - that is so nice you & your dh get into the spirit of things. Over the years family dynamics change & I find it sad when people
don't keep things going. I am basically on my own but still put up my tree/decorations because I still enjoy it and even though it is abit of work,
I feel it is worth it.

Princess - glad to see you popping in when you can.

I was down 2# last night at my tops weigh in, so was thrilled with that.
Then we had our potluck afterwards - so really nice evening.

Today planning on Christmas shopping - gets hard to figure some things for people who seem to have everything. But that is my goal for today, getting
most of it done, wrapped and get on with enjoying the season.

All - hope you are all getting in the Christmas spirit and enjoying yourselves.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 04:39 PM   #53  
Chick

Bandit, you are amazing! : You are an inspiration. Weigh to go. I love that you're using flexible restraint even during the holidays. Thanks for writing.

Princess, always glad to see a post from you even when you're crazy busy.

Just back from my visit with my aunt and it went okay. She is a little forgetful and it's bothering her, but when we talked about old times she was great. Nice visit and I feel good.
Judy
Old 12-18-2010, 10:34 AM   #54  
Chick

Hi TUrtles,
We're getting long, so I'll start a new thread. See you all at #245 Bale of Turtles Being Happy!