Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2002, 11:39 PM   #1  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Default Humpty-Hump day Thread

So technically it's not Wednesday yet, but it will be in an hour and a half and I have a conference tomorrow for all of the state-employed preschool teachers to come and ***** about their salaries, as we're getting ready to negotiate new contracts. Blech.

Belle, how are things going? I am praying for little Carmen Jayne. She is very lucky to have such a supportive family around, especially her Auntie Belle. Will keep you both in my prayers. Take care of yourself too, honey...

I just have to report an awesome thing. I have been so bad with the whole WW thing, and I cared much more about whining about it than I actually did with getting off my big booty and doing something about it. So I sucked it up and quit my whining today, and had my first OP day in months. I'm really proud of myself. I also did the ballet workout last night for the first time...it was hilarious. They have you doing all these things with your arms that are supposed to be swan-like. Hubby walked in on me doing it and said, "Oh no, you hurt your back again didn't you." I asked him what made him say that. "The wierd way you're holding your arms." Ok, so graceful I was not, but sweating, oh yeah! It was a nice change of pace from my yoga-lates, a cross between yoga and pilates. I hate aerobics tapes because I feel so silly jumping around...this was alot of swinging legs around and pointing your feet in odd directions. It was really fun though...this might be a new regular thing for me.

I'll check in when the conference is over...have great OP days, everyone!
Old 10-16-2002, 09:30 AM   #2  
Cockeyed Optimist

Go Jayne! Woo-hoo - an OP day. Congratulations. Give yourself a pat on the back! That first day back OP is always the hardest. I'll bet that you can do it again today too. Try not to get to bored/crazed at the conference.

Had another yoga class last night. Our instructor was trying to teach us crow pose (a pose in which your legs are in the air to the side and you support your body weight on your hands). I couldn't even get my rump off the ground using only my arms! Oh well - something to practice and a motivator to strength train.

Hope you all have a great day. Will check in later.

Laura
Old 10-16-2002, 09:34 AM   #3  
Cockeyed Optimist

O.K. so I'm back a little quicker than I thought but I just had to tell you that working in an office is EVIL!

Someone brought in Krispy Kreme donuts today. Yesterday it was cookies (which I successfully resisted). And lately, everyone has candy jars filled with halloween candy.

How do all of you deal with the temptations at work?

Alright, I'm off to eat yogurt, a bran muffin and guzzle water before I have to walk by the donuts.

Wish me luck!
Old 10-16-2002, 10:43 AM   #4  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

Good (icky rainy) day everyone! It's miserable here on LI. I guess we're now making up for the LACK of rain we had all summer long.

Jayne - that's awesome about your OP day! I'm ready to get back into it myself. Yesterday was good except for the middle of the night. I had a cookie attack. Otherwise I did great all day long.
Ballet sounds like so much fun. Are you wearing a tu-tu yet??
Hope your day at the conference goes well. How is Aaron?

Laura - that's it! Fill yourself up with fiber and water! Resist the donuts. You can do it!
I do work in an office - but it's MY office and I control what comes into here. If I bring in candy or goodies in it's my own self sabotage.
I do have to resist the yummies left out when a meeting is over and everyone has left and no staff is downstairs to clean it up. Then I can be a very bad, bad girl.

The thread has just begun so Hello to everyone else.

I'm trying to "move on" from my 3 Day experience. I have to find some closure to this since I did not return to Pearl River, NY for closing ceremonies which they still held on Sunday. I should have.
Now it's time to get my thank you's together and finish my miles and move on.

I've got class tonight and a lot of work to catch up on. Hopefully it will be quiet here today. So far, so good.

Belle - I do not know what is going on w/ your little niece (i've got to read through the threads) but my thoughts are with you and your family.

So, I went to my leaders meeting last night @ a different location. He (not to my surprise) was not there. Turns out they combined 2 meeting times to get a better group turn out and I did not know this. The ladies were kind enough to weigh me in under his *gracious* gift of not making me pay for the missed week due to the 3 Day. I'm up .8. I'm not going to get excited about it. Just do something about it. I started filling in the spreadsheet I created to keep track of my progress. According to the spreadsheet (which I made 2 weeks ago) my goal is to loose 5 lbs by the end of this month. I hope I can at least get close to that.

I hope we're a chatty bunch today - I've missed you guys!!!!
Old 10-16-2002, 12:38 PM   #5  
Proud Canadian

Hi everyone, I'm just catching up after being gone a couple of days. I moved yesterday and went really well. My mom came over awith my sister and unpacked the kitcken and a friend set up my computer so I'm almost totally unpacked - I love my new place. This weekend I will be getting my kitchen table and bed frame in and then I will be shopping for a new couch and I will be all set - just like a realy person.
Belle - my thoughts are with you and your family. Now for the boy, due to my most recent experience with men, I'm going to share something with you. Don't mourn him. If you guys don't want the same things, you can happily move on. I spent so long trying to convince my ex that he would love to be married and have children that he almost believed it was something he wanted. In the end, we would have both been miserable (or he would have been happily single and I would have been a single mom). Don't give up on what you want. If you can't have it with him, there will be someone else. But don't worry yourself with it. focus on that little one for right now. Let us know what's going on.
Jayne - I'm picturing you in the Bjork swan outfit in yourliving room - but I imagine there was no tutu?
Laura - I'm with you on the evil office thing - we are having a potluck and people are all signing up to bring dessert - why can't someone bring a salad? (besides me)
Hi Deb - I must have missed something about your 3 day - but don't sweat the .8 - could be worse

OK - so I can't think back to all the other posts but Hi to everyone and I'll check in later to see how things are going.
KT
Old 10-16-2002, 12:41 PM   #6  
Proud Canadian

Deb - found out about the 3-day - totally cool but totally sucks to have had it cancelled!! Way to go for it though.
KT
Old 10-16-2002, 01:02 PM   #7  
Scotland's finest export

hello! hope you're all doing well and staying on program! belle - how's your niece doing?
kim - i can't believe your wedding is november 9th! that's soooo soon! i still remember you moaning about your beloved and wondering when he'd get round to proposing (knowing he already had a ring and your dad's permission must have been killing you!)! i can't wait to see pics from your big day. marcie - how long till yours? it is next year?
i forgot to tell you all my annoying habits (one is never using capital letters, but you might have noticed that!).
i think i suffer from OCD (ooh caps!). when i leave my house i have to triple check i've locked all the windows and doors even though i know i have! i too am obsessed with moisturiser and lip balm. and i love rubbing bed sheets between my toes.
things i hate: people smoking when they're walking in front of me and people that throw away their cigarette butt without putting it out. ooh, and i'm pedantic about spelling (not my own!) and i hate when people mispronounce words. my ex-roomie always says "salza" instead of salsa and it drove me up the wall! although she's very into it and my biggest fear is she is pronouncing it correctly! she also says tissue in that very posh english way (tiss-oo). not like my scottish way (tish-oo). hmm, i better stop here!! i'm really normal, honest. but like tonya, i'm a little bit obsessive around the house. i've got better these days cos BF is quite tidy so i relax more. ex-roomie was sooo messy it stressed me out!
anyhow, deb - it's pissing down here as well (raining). winter is def here. guess i better start getting ready for the xmas party season!
laura - i'm lucky that there aren't too many temptations at work. i make sure i'm responsible for "treats" and then get low-point stuff as well so i can nibble too. crow pose sounds tough!
jayne - that ballet thing sounds great! hope the conference goes ok.
KT - sounds like you've got your head screwed on re your ex and rubbish BFs! and sounds like your new place is going well!
right. hometime. phew! ooh, i'm getting all excited about jenk coming to visit london! ali - you mentioned you were hoping to get to the uk - are you still planning to? kierie - when you off to dublin again? i've got some mates over there i need to catch up with at some point...
big hello to you all, gotta go!
kirsty
Old 10-16-2002, 01:18 PM   #8  

Hi everyone! I am here! I was rounding in the hospital for the past week and I haven't been able to check in. Wt. loss has been frustrating as usual. BUT, I won a free personal training session at the gym so I am asking for some personal training sessions for X-Mas! I figure I should try to get into shape before next year when I want to get PG!

So, they are changing our name! Yaay!! that means I can stay!

The quirks thread last week was funny!

Belle-Hang in there! Get as much info as you can from the doctors and make sure they explain it to your sister in english, not medicalese! Those pediatric heart surgeons are amazing! And if you need anything clarified feel free to PM me!

Hi Lisa! Good luck with the layoffs...DH's ex-roommate works for EMC and just got engaged and bought a house-I hope he isn't affected.

Kier-Congrats on the loss babe!

Ali-I hope I can do as well over thanksgiving when it rolls around!

Hi to everyone else!
Old 10-16-2002, 03:03 PM   #9  
Cockeyed Optimist

Belle - I was just looking at a picture of one of my baby nieces and it made me think of you. How's Carmen doing? Holding her own I hope.

Deb- Thanks for the encouragement in resisting the evil donuts. I'm glad you are moving beyond your disappointment in the 3 day event.

KT - I've been meaning to tell you how proud (not quite the right word but you know what I mean) I am of you for the manner in which you've handled the ending of your relationship and the grace with which you've moved on with your life. I've been through something similiar so I empathize with you. After six years of being best buds, my best male friend and I decided to become a couple. We spent 4 years trying to make our relationship work because we were best friends - shouldn't we be destined to be together? I finally realized that we didn't have the same "end" goals in life and that it was time to move on. I signed a contract to have my house built and a week later (without ever telling him about the house) ended the relationship. I've never mourned the loss of the romantic relationship and found a lot of joy in steering my life in the direction I want it to go but I do sometimes mourn the loss of the friendship.

Kirsty - glad to see you back. I can't remember - were you off on business or holiday?

Lori - what an excellent x-mas gift idea. Sessions with a personal trainer. I bet you really enjoy them.

Well, I couldn't stand having all these treats around and not having a treat myself.....I honestly thought I'd lose my mind if I had to eat another baby carrot or leftovers from a WW recipe. But instead of giving into the treats in the office, I ran out to Subway and got a veggie sub, Wow potato chips and a diet coke. I swear - no meal ever tasted so delightful! So moral of the story....I can treat myself and still stay OP. Yeah!

Wow - I wrote a novel here. Oh well.

Laura
Old 10-16-2002, 05:00 PM   #10  
Proud Canadian

Laura - you're awesome - it's nice to hear people have had similar experiences. I feel guilty because I feel like I've taken away his best friend but at the same time, it's nice to be able to be myself again and not just his girlfriend or his best friend. The more people I talk to, the more I find people in the same situation.
Oh and, subway is the absolute best!!
Hi Kirsty and Lori!
KT
Old 10-16-2002, 05:48 PM   #11  
Water Freak

second day back on and things are going ok. Definitely doing beter than I have been. I went for a long walk this afternoon and I fell so much better. I'm on fall break starting tomorrow so I'm going backpacking for a few days. So, fantastic exercise guaranteed if I want to finish on time. I'm a bit nervous because it's my first time going solo, but I've picked a good route out so it should be good. The nice thing about going solo diet-wise is that you pick all your own food. As opposed to going with friends who want to bring cookies along. So I pack it all up and then I can't eat anything unplanned except berries or whatever I might find out in the woods. So that should really help me get back into gear. And, I picked up a copy of SELF the other day to get the strength training workout they have. It's pretty simple and hits all the major muscles. I signed up for a triathalon training class next semester, so I need to whip myself into better shape. Strength training is what really kills me. I can make myself walk a lot and I hike several times a week so cardio is okay, but my muscle definition is CRAP!

Belle- So sorry to hear about your niece. I'll be thinking of you. Too bad BF is not being supportive. I can't give you any really good advice, but do whatever feels right for you.

Jayne- Awesome job on an OP day. Ballet workout sounds good. I've been thinking about getting an exercise video but we only have one TV and it's in the living room of the house and I just KNOW if I decided to take up yoga on tape the boys we live with would never let me live it down.

Laura-Good job on figuring out a way to treat yourself without blowing it Somebody's always leaving cookies around our house and it is SO HARD to resist sometimes!

Deb- Raining tons here too. I think our three year drought might finally be ending.

Kirsty- your quirks made me laugh. I love how neurotic we can get about stuff! Personally, I have to get out of bed when the minutes are a multiple of five. Weird, eh?

Lori- Personal training sounds like it should be great. Enjoy it!

Hello to anyone else I missed!

Cat
Closed Thread