Old 02-25-2009, 09:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 224/212/140

Default Moms to young ones on WW?

I'd like to start a group for moms who are doing WW and have young children. Many of us are juggling the ups and downs of caring for young children and trying to lose weight (and in some cases while working and juggling other responsibilities). This group is open to SAHMs, working moms, and anyone in between.

I have a 2 year old daughter and work part-time. I have struggled big time to drop the weight I gained during pregnancy. Been on countless diets over the last 2 years, and finally just joined WW 2 weeks ago. I'm trying to find time for me in between caring for my DD, working, taking care of the house, and trying to fit in time for everything else. Exercise and healthy eating haven't been a part of my life in a while, but I'm working on it.

Anyone else? I sure could use some support.

Thanks!
Ann72

Last edited by Ann72; 02-26-2009 at 02:58 PM. Reason: clarification
Ann72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 12:53 PM   #2  

S/C/G: HW:254/CW:179.8/GW:130

Height: 5'3"

Hi, I'd like to join your group. I have an 18 month old son and I work 30 hours a week. I've been on and off of WW and I am thinking about going back. I always seem to stick to it longer than any other program. I know how hard it is to try to squeeze in exercise when you're taking care of a little one.
alwe74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 05:02 PM   #3  

Hi alwe--welcome! Glad that there's someone else out there in a similar position. Hopefully we can help each other get some weight off.

So, did you decide for sure if you will join WW? When you did it, did you attend meetings or were you an online meeting. I'm doing meetings, but I am paying monthly, so I get access to the website. There are some great resources on the site (recipes, support boards, point tracker, etc), so I highly recommend it.

What do you do for exercise? My goal is just to get back into walking. Starting with a half hour per day most days of the week. I'll take it from there.

I've not been eating well the last few days. I need to get back on plan. When I am diligent about weighing, measuring, and counting points, it all works for me. The problem is that I get lazy after a few weeks and then the weight loss stalls.

Hopefully we'll get some more support here.

Take care and check in often!
Old 03-01-2009, 12:35 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 221.2/186.4/170

Height: 5'7"

Hi,
I'm interested in joing in as well. I have a 14 month old daughter and a 11 year old son. I work lots of crazy hours, but attend meetings on mondays, hit the gym on Tuesday thru Friday mornings and try to work in playtime with the kids as much as possible. Would love the extra support of a group that understands the stresses of toddlerhood and trying to lose weight too!
Ciarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 01:42 PM   #5  

Hi Ciarra--Welcome! You're doing great with your weight loss so far. Sounds like you've got a great plan going with your meetings and weekly workouts. Keep it up.

As for me, I've been off track the last few days. I'm going to blame AF. lol. Hope I can get back on track soon.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:53 PM   #6  

So Ann,
How is everything? Back on track? How was your weigh in this week?

A good week last week, down 2.2 pounds! Tried 2 new recipes today, pumpkin/spice cake muffins and meatlof made with stuffing mix, both were absolutely delish. Looking forward to a tasty week!
Old 03-09-2009, 04:55 PM   #7  

Oh and got my 25 pounds gone washer/medal! So a great meeting today.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:59 PM   #8  
The cat lady

Default new again

Hi,
I'm a stay at home mom of almost three year old twin girls and just rejoined WW four weeks ago. I have lost 5 pounds but didn't do well this week. I weigh in tomorrow but the girls were sick most of the week and I wasn't tracking. Oh well tomorrow is another day. I will also be turning 40 next week. ugh. I'll try to not celebrate (ha, ha) too much
davoswoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 02:43 PM   #9  

Hi, davoswoman,
I hear you. I have a sick household at the moment. I'm the only one well. I weigh in on Monday morning so kind of scared. I have eaten almost every available point and I don't like to do that, it just seems scary. I am tracking though. My goal is to track for 3 months and then reward. I know I can lose weight. I though need the encouragement to track. Hopefully in the 3 months I have tracked I will be 40 pounds down. That is my hope.
I will be 39 next month! Congrats and happiest of birthdays!
I have been sampling ww friendly cake recipes.
I found a recipe that is
1 package spice cake mix
1 15 ounce pumpkin
3/4 cup water
Bake at 350 about 25 minutes (until done)
Very moist and tasty and my kids love it!
Just in case you are interested.
Hope to see you here soon with great news!
A smaller size, some inches lost and maybe a few pounds gone!
Old 03-14-2009, 06:06 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 197/185/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi. I'd like to join this group too. I am a SAHM to my twin boys. They are just about 18 months old.

I started attending meetings the last week of January and have lost 11.2 lbs. so far. This is my 3rd time going to WW. I made Lifetime when I was just 21 but then managed to gain that all back and more. I rejoined 2 years ago but only lasted a month since I got pregnant with the boys. And now I'm finally back!
caryanne07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 11:02 AM   #11  

Welcome, caryanne!

Congrats on the twin boys and already losing 11.2 pounds! That is awesome!
I'm sure you will be at your goal in no time.
Check in often and let us know how you are doing.
Old 03-15-2009, 11:03 AM   #12  

BTW I am hoping for 160 too.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:31 AM   #13  

Down 26 pound last week! Thrilled and hoping to buy a much smaller swimsuit this summer.
Old 03-17-2009, 04:05 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 245/245/130

Height: 5'2

hello, I would like to join your group as well. I am sahm of 2 children, 1 boy 3 years old and a girl that is 5 years old. I usually do pretty well with planning my food menu is planning the exercise that gets tricky. I am looking forward to doing this journey with all of you ladies....Talk to you all soon!! Michelle
mushy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 10:34 AM   #15  

Hi ladies,

Sorry that I've been MIA. I pulled my back out and have been really unable to do much. Of course, I've used this as an excuse to get off my healthy eating plan. Any excuse, right?

Well, now that I'm getting back to normal there are really no excuses. Not sure exercise will be on the agenda for another few days, but I should be able to at least eat on plan.

How are the rest of you doing? Any losses to report?

Michelle-Welcome! It's great to have you. Are your kids in school at all, or are you with both of them all day? I'm sure you've tried all types of things to make exercise work. I know I have. I've found that the only options that work for me are: 1) waking up extra early and exercising before they wake up; 2) exercising during DD's nap (she still takes one); 3) exercising at night after she goes to bed. For me, I always ignore the alarm and go back to bed, so the first option never works. I never manage to exercise during nap because I try to get other things done. So, the only thing that's worked for me is nighttime exercise. Unfortunately, I'm often lazy by that time, so I can't even say that it's really worked consistently for me.

If your 5-year-old is in school, the other option you have is taking the 3-year old with you in a jogger stroller while walking. Or, consider a gym membership to a place htat has child care. You can put the kids there for an hour when you work out.

It's just so hard, I know.

Ciarra--You are on a roll! Good for you. Congrats on the awesome loss. Maybe you can help provide some motivation for the rest of us. What finally clicked for you that has allowed you to be so successful this time? How do you just keep doing it and keep going when it's so easy to give up?

caryanne--welcome to you too! How's WW going for you? Sounds like you've had success with it before, so I'm sure you'll do great this time around. I'm sure you have your own challenges with 18 month old twins. Keep us posted on how it's all going.

davoswoman--welcome to you as well! How's WW going for you? Were you able to get back on track. I hope so. Another twin mommy, huh? I'm sure you and caryanne can share tips on that. Hope you had a great bday.

So, would anyone like to commit to checking in daily with me? I'm hoping that doing so helps keep me on track a little bit better. Anyway, I plan to do that and I'll report my food/exercise for the day. Hopefully you won't get too sick of me.

Take care all.
Ann72