Old 05-07-2009, 09:01 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/136

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone! Welcome to the new people!

Well I made it through my rummage sale last weekend and did fairly well. The weather was really nice, aside from some pretty gusty winds at times, and we had tons of people out. I got rid of a quite a bit of stuff. I just wish someone had bought my high chair. Oh well.

This week I am dealing with preparations for our Mother Daughter Banquet at church. It is Saturday. Once this week is over I think I can breathe again.

Last week my eating was all out of wack and I am having a hard time getting it back on track this week. I am not gaining, but I am not loosing. I have a bad case of the BLT's (bites, licks and tastes). I need to refocus and get it back under control!

Well, today should be fun. I have to go grocery shopping and get stuff to make 120 apple cookies, a Caramel Apple Triffle, and an apple pie. (apple theme for the banquet). Luckily I am not eating all this stuff, just making it.

So, I better get busy. Have a great day everyone!
loriehohlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 09:23 PM   #77  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

I'd like to join as well. I've been on WW for 2 weeks now...I attend meetings at work (my company is great! They have a WW rep come in on our lunch hour and have the meetings on Thursdays...and they pay HALF the fee! Couldn't say no to that).

I'm Vicky, have an 18 mos old daugther, I work full time as well. I'm getting into the swing of WW (sorta) and will be joining the gym this week. Question...how do you find time to spend with your child, work full time, AND get a work out. I've found the only way I can do this is to work out at 8 pm each night, because I want that time with my daughter. Any suggestions on how to balance.

Another question...do you find that if you eat too much of the WW snacks, you get sick? I had some parmesean garlic pretzels with lunch and a chocolate caramel bar as a snack, and paid for it at home later. Just wondering if anyone else experience the same thing.
MaddiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 09:29 AM   #78  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

Hi, I'm new here too and would love to join you! I'm Christina, and I have a wonderful two-year-old son, and I work full-time in healthcare IT. During pregnancy I started to let go of my eating habits, and after my son was born, I just completely stopped paying attention, and I didn't lose my "baby weight" AND I gained weight on top of that. I started seeing my clothes feeling tighter and tighter, and then saw how I looked in some recent pictures of myself, and decided I HAD to do something. Several of my friends have done WW with great success, so I decided to check it out. I went to my first meeting this week. I have 30-35 pounds to lose. Some of my main challenges/struggles are balancing workout time with time with my family, overcoming late-night munchies, dealing with emotional eating, and getting the right balance of nutritious foods, esp veggies!! Nice to "meet" all of you!

Last edited by crk05; 06-14-2009 at 09:30 AM.
crk05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 03:24 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 409/397/160

Height: 5'7

Hello, I would love to join. I have a 22 month little boy(Andrew aka Drew). I work full time at a hospital. I have been on WW a few times. I have stuck with it, but I cant seem to keep court of my points on the weekend. I tell myself every week I am going to do it, but when the time comes I BOMB.
winki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 11:35 AM   #80  
Goodbye baby weight!

S/C/G: 206/ticker/155

Height: 5"3

Hi there,

Does anyone still post on this thread??
I'm just starting back on WW this week (started last wednesday - have my first weigh in this wednesday).
I am a mom to two great kids a 2.5 year old (very challenging) and a 5 month old!

Anyways if anyone is around would love to visit and "weigh in" each week.
skyootr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 03:59 PM   #81  

It certainly doesn't look like there is much traffic on this site anymore but i will give it a try to. I am 26 yrs. old and a mother to a 4 yr. old, 2 yr. old, and a 3 week old baby. I don't have the go ahead for excercise yet but i do want to get back on the healthy eating track again. What day do you weigh in on each week?
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 10:23 PM   #82  
Goodbye baby weight!

Congratulations CherryAutumn!!

I'm finding two little ones a challenge - nevermind three!!

I weigh in on Wednesdays so will try to post a couple days a week here!
What days are you weighing in?
Old 07-19-2009, 10:29 PM   #83  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

I weigh in on Thursdays, but I also joined another thread on 3FC where I weigh in on Sundays. Keeps me motivated.

Also, if you are interested, here is a link with WW meal ideas...

http://weight-watchers-points-recipes.blogspot.com/
MaddiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 02:48 PM   #84  
Goodbye baby weight!

Morning all,

Had my first weigh in yesterday and was happy to see that I was down 3.6 lbs!! I was very glad about that as I had used all my extra flex and exercise points last week!! YIPEEEEEEEE

So this week I am trying to fit in a few extra workouts and not use all my flex points!
Old 08-05-2009, 01:18 PM   #85  

maddiesmom- thanks for the link with meal ideas.

skyootr- weigh to go on the 3.6 pound loss that is great.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:03 AM   #86  

Hey everyone! I am a Mom of an 18 month old girl and have gained back all 40 lbs that I lost on WW the first time (and then some!) I have known for awhile that I need to get it under control again because I would like to start thinking about another baby.

I have been doing WW at home and am back to weighing what I eat, making fruit smoothies every morning (frozen fruit and crystal light in the magic bullet...delicious and only one point!) and weighing myself once a week and keeping track on a graph on my computer.

Having my little girl makes me see that I really need to not only do this for me, but for her too! I don't want her to struggle like I have with weight, so the healthy changes need to be made now, while she is a baby!
MummyTummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:36 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 187/182/130

Height: 5'

Is there anyone still doing the moms group?? I am new and I was looking for a group like this. I am a new mother, I have a 9 year old, and 6 month old. THanks
calboydoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 02:38 PM   #88  
Haley wants to run!

Height: 5'9"

hi I'm a single mom I have a 6 year old daughter and I'm a full-time student. I'm starting WW tomorrow for the first time, my first meeting is on Wednesday. I had lost 80lbs on my own, then I quit smoking and gained back 60....grrr!
Haley8203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 06:36 PM   #89  
Loving Life!

S/C/G: 230/220/120

Height: 5'0"

Hi! I'm new here, too, and would love to help revive this group! I sure know how hard it is to juggle all the responsibilities and still find "me" time.

I'm Angie, 30yo. I'm a SAHM to three boys who are 7yo, 4yo and 21mo. I also do professional photography (mostly families & weddings) on a very part time basis. I have homeschooled my 7yo since kindergarten (now in 2nd grade) and my 4yo will be turning 5 soon and we'll be starting K in the fall.

I'm doing WW at home on my own, since we can't afford the meetings. I had a choice between WW meetings or a gym membership, and the gym won.
MakingSkinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:11 PM   #90  

It is nice to see some people posting.

I am 26 yrs old and a SAHM of three little ones. A 4.5 yr old girl and two boys 2.5 and 6 months old. I have done WW before from home but fell off the wagon but hoping to get back on.