Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2002, 09:39 AM   #1  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Default Tuesday Morning, Afternoon and Night...

Starting the Thread...
Old 08-20-2002, 09:42 AM   #2  

Well, it's Tuesday and I really don't want to be at work. Ughhh. Oh well. Already had to deal with a crabby boss and I have only been here 30 minutes. What's that all about. Oh well.

Didn't get any night exercise in last night since I forgot about my haircut. But I did go to the gym at noon and walked around the block with Emma. So I was OK. Did have a little too much ice cream for a snack tho....

How is everyone today???????????????????????? It is getting COLD here at night. Can't believe summer is almost over!
Old 08-20-2002, 09:53 AM   #3  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Default Mornin' Jen!

It's getting pretty cold here, too. We are starting tohave to wear real PJ's instead of t-shirts and I've put blankets back on the bed. I don't know that I'm ready to let go of summer yet...

Hi to everyone else. I wasn't around yesterday because we were having a mini-situation. Aaron had his one-year appointment yesterday at the doc. Turns out he is way underweight. He is in the 8th percentile, and his height is in the 50th. He hasn't gained weight since he's been six months! At first they weren't worried, but now when they'd like to see him at least 24 lbs, he's not quite 19. So they tested his blood for anemia and lead poisoning, to see if those could possibly be causing it. Then they asked if I was dieting. My first reaction was to think they think I'm starving him because I'm dieting. But that's not really it...it's that all we have in our house is fat free or low fat, and apparently babies need a diet containing about 50% fat! The things no one ever tells you! So I feel guilty and horrible and responsible, but at least we're addressing it. He drinks whole milk already, but we're adding ice cream, whole-milk yogurt, full-fat pudding, milkshakes, and lots of butter and cheese. He never has been a snacker, but we're supposed to sit him down for three meals and three snacks a day and offer tempting things. I always promised myself I wouldn't be one of those moms who forced their kids to eat when they weren't hungry, and I'm still going to try not to, but it's going to be hard...I want him to be healthy. I also have to wonder...if he continues the way he is, is it going to be a type of anorexia and he will never be at his ideal weight? And if he does put on weight now, am I teaching him habits that will leave him overweight as an adult? This is hard...food issues at a year!

So enough negative stuff. The birthday party went very well this weekend...ltos of people, fun and so many PRESENTS! I think we have to buy a new house again to fit all of his new toys in! He got a toddler bike, a slide/climber thing, an airport set, a racetrack, a farm, all these things that spread way out and take up tons of room. But that's ok, we spread it around the house, so no matter where he is he still has fun toys!

Hope everyone else had a great weekend!
Old 08-20-2002, 09:55 AM   #4  

Jen ~

I am loving the weather we are having lately! I don't feel like being at work either! Without students here at the Univ. it gets to be pretty boring in the summer. I am ready for them to come back and it to be busy again. I have to make a haircut appt today for myself, my hair is getting too long, I usually wait as long as I can for a cut, I hate spending $15.00 on a lousy haircut, and my hair is short no less!!

I haven't been very good in the eating and exercise dept., and the jeans I am wearing today prove that. I am glad I wore them though, a constant reminder today that I shouldn't eat and should get out and walk at lunchtime!!

My kids are getting chest colds, they sound like old smokers. I hope I don't get any calls from daycare.

I didn't realize Jen that you live in Wausau. One of my best friends lives there, they just build a new house and her husband works for 3M.

Well, a big "Hi" goes out to all that are just waking up and posting.

Be back in a bit!
Old 08-20-2002, 09:59 AM   #5  

Jayne,

Oh sweetie, don't worry. He is going to be just fine. When children are that young they are all different sizes, but they all seem to catch up by the time they are 3 yrs old. My son was the exact opposite. He was way off the charts in height and weight, my doctor comments a few times about it, but I knew that was just the way he was made, not because I was feeding him milkshakes all day long. Now at almost 4 years old, he is thin (not tiny thin, but slender) and still tall, but completely normal.

Do your best to offer him snacks and good meals, but don't worry yourself if he isn't interested in eating all the time. My son seems to go thru spirts of eating, then barely eating anything all day.

The trials of parenthood.....
Old 08-20-2002, 10:13 AM   #6  

Yup Tonya, I live in Wausau. We live in a newer house (4 years old), but I really really really want to move to the country again. Both hubby and I grew up in the country. But land prices are high. So we are saving and going to do it in pieces! I spent $16 in my haircut plus a tip... and all she did was trim it. YIKESSSSSS! I used to spend $20 when I lived in Milwaukee!

JAYNE... don't worry about your son. Emma has been low her whole almost 2 years and my doctor says she is normal. Every child is different. And we are a healthy eating family, and that is OK! Don't think you are to blame. Kids do have growth spurts, which can make them taller, but not always heavier. Don't think that he will have a problem when he gets older. He is only 1 year old. Maybe he will be one of those high metabolism kids. Emma loves cheese, try giving him some of that for his fat. But not too much as it can make you constipated!!! Just remember not to give him too many sweets!!!
Old 08-20-2002, 10:40 AM   #7  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Mornin Girls
Sorry about the lack of posting but I'm getting ready for the big move back to school and responsibilty well beyond a job and akign care of my fam now i get 15 credits on top of that UGH!
I'm not really complaining i'm just planning
I had a good weekend quiet friday with mom and gram sat night had a late night bbq
ok now Question When ur chunky and you're iterested or at least attracted to a guy and your friend calls him picky does that mean u can't have him ur fat Ok i know thats a low self esteem thing and i apologize but its happened twice
with my very skinny best friends neither guy blew me away but cmon!
Tonya I wish you worked at my University!
and I agree about the $15 haircuts I got one recently but all I trusted the girl to do was trim
I'm afraid to have supercuts ppl do layers!
and my usual salon is waaaaayout of my price range at the mo
Morning Jen how's your hair and you should post alll the cute things emma says I pictured her saying the potty comment LOL
i can't believe shes soo grown up
HI JAYNE! Aarons perfect just the way he is! and I watched SITC last night and thought of u I loved carries outfit with the dress and coat and I WILL NEVER HAVE A FRESHENING PEEL!
oh and Belle Darling dearest gorgeous girl
tell the ring vultures to leave you alone!
you'll get it when its right for you!
anyway my sweetie darlings!
I will bbl
Love
Kier
Old 08-20-2002, 10:57 AM   #8  
Eve's Mom

Wow you guys pay so little for haircuts! $16 in Canadian is $22. I pay about $44 Canadian for a good haircut. YOu can go to places cheaper, but they don't do a good job - you don't know what you'll get. The cheapest female haircut is about $20 and that is at like "Mc Cuts" or something really welfare. You guys are lucky!!!

Jen - how'd your hair turnout??

Jayne - I am obsessed with having a kid with eating problems. Don't worry yourself, I am sure he is fine! Listen to the other mom's advice....!

Tonya - its like fall here but warmer. I love it too - its sort of warm but not hot and crisp in the evenings. I just realized I'll miss the real fall cuz I'll be inThailand. that sucks cuz my favorite season is fall.

Kier - ring vultures is a good description - as for your question, I would automatically assume that is what was meant b/c I am a bit low self esteem-y, admitedly. But most of the time, I am wrong. So I think you might be wrong. Does he seem interested? I am a firm believer in that you can get anyone you want - you are a beautiful, sweet, very funny girl. You have charisma, and not manypeople can boast that.

OK I have to run, boss is going to be back in 2 min....

Write later....B
Old 08-20-2002, 11:19 AM   #9  

Kier ~ As I get more mature and time goes by, I have realized that in my single, younger years I should have just "gone for it" many times, especially when I see guys years later that I would have like to have dated, and they are like "Boy, I really wanted to ask you out, but I was too scared", or "I didn't think you liked me, you never talked to me, so I didn't ask you out". I say, be assertive, and go for anything you want. I wish I would have.....

Old 08-20-2002, 11:20 AM   #10  

Hi Belle! I bumped into you in cyberspace! Check back soon!
Old 08-20-2002, 11:27 AM   #11  

On Kier's dilemma, once again....Question....

For you all that are married or in a committed relatonship....

Don't you think that you get hit on way more now than when you were single?

I do sooo much more. Here's why I think....When I go out with friends now (remember, I am an old married woman with 2 kids), I am out to have a good time, flirt (you have to at my age, it is what keeps me young!) and just be yourself. I find that I will talk with guys I don't know at the bar (especially really cute ones) or even dance with them, because I have nothing to lose, I don't want any of them and I have a great husband to go home to, so I think the confidence starts to ooze, and that is what guys really are attracted to, confident women. So, to all of you single girls out there, you should remember that, and guys will be falling all over you, regardless if you look like Cindy Crawford, or a chubbier version!

Ok, where did that come from?? I am losing it....Now I feel like a beer and a dance floor!

Old 08-20-2002, 11:29 AM   #12  
Cockeyed Optimist

Only in for a quick moment as I'm babysitting an EVP and an SVP today.

Just wanted to say "Hi" to all.

Jayne - Aaron will be fine. Listen to Tonya and Jen.

Hi Belle and Kier.

And you guys are going to think that I'm financially irresponsible. By the time I get done with a tip, I pay $60USD for a haircut. Scandalous to pay so much but well worth it in what a great haircut does for my self-esteem!
Old 08-20-2002, 12:11 PM   #13  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

a quick peep in b/c the whoole world is chaos at the mo
long story
Laura Usually with tip I pay $60 and thats one specific stylist and the only one i'll let give me layers but when i' m shaggy and dont have time to hit my salon I'll run in and get a McCut and pray they dont destroy my hair!
as for the mle type dilemma its not that i even wanted them so much as you'd think my friends would be i dunno more enthusiastic
anywho back into the fray!
Thanks forthe boosts to my confidence I LOVE U GUYS!
Kier
Old 08-20-2002, 10:32 PM   #14  
KS pride-Seminole country

Angry I'm Baaaaack

Hi Girls!
I finally have my internet up and running again. I must say the same thing about being OP also.
I hope at least someone gets this tomorrow morning, because I'm sure no one is going to post again today! I"m annoyed taht at work they have a block on this webpage so I can't get on it. Grr...
Anyway.. reading up on today's topics makes me wanna go and grab life! thanks for the inspirations.

I hope everyone is doing a little better than me on the program lately. I could definitly be doing much, much worse, but in 3 weeks I dropped a whopping 1.4 pounds. But I did hit my 10 pound marker.. I was thrilled about that.

The gym opened up again this week, so now I finally have somewehre to go. Yippee.. and school starts next Monday But back into the routine!

Okay, well enough rambling.. I hope to post tomorrow morning-ish.. but if not.. then catch up with you all later!

Lucy
Closed Thread