Old 01-25-2010, 11:29 PM   #46  
Susan

Hi,
Nikki, we are a great group! We laugh together, cry together, celebrate together, and much more! Some of my very closest friends are here and I've never seen them face to face! It's great! So please join us!!

Tammy, I guess during the summer I do have more energy! I'm ready for summer! You should have cone to Texas!!!

Tomorrow night we are meeting my brother in law for dinner. He is up for a conference. This is my big sister's husband.

Pat said who knows how long Internet will be down. They ate sending a new box but the phone line is down. We are getting paved roads soon and they are starting work!

Well off to bed! Sweet dreams!
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:08 AM   #47  
Just Do It

S/C/G: 193/ticker/120

Height: 4'10"

Jeanne - Sorry to hear about the results of your mammogram. You will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers. s

Nikki - Welcome. Great to have you with us. You are beautiful and so worth the effort. Excited to have you with us on our journeys.

Tammy - Wow on the calories you burn. You go girl. We are having a bit of what we consider cold weather, but it's not too bad. No scrapeing ice for us.

Susan - Glad to hear that your dad is doing better.

Mimi - I've never had an MRI, but I hear that aren't the most pleasant thing to experience.

Tina and Maureen - I can so relate with you about moving. Keep it up and eventually you'll be settled in.

Have a wonderful day and remember to shake those booties.
Ladybug2680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:46 AM   #48  
Thursday Lady

Ditto what Dori just said.

Everyone have a great day. Do something just for YOU.

Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:30 AM   #49  
ready to be healthy!

S/C/G: 290/264/170

Height: 5*4

Morning everyone!!! So here in Ohio I woke up to snow yet again on the ground, I mean I know its January and thats the norm (well its pretty much the norm Nov-March) lol.......right Tammy?! lol you shoulda stayed in the south lucky girl!!! HAs anyone else experienced as they are loosing weight their shoes become bigger??? weird but whooo hoooo shoe shopping lol........I need advice on working out I just a got a gym memebership even though i work at a clinic that basically is a gym im already here almost 11 hrs out of the day and i cant bring myself to stay any longer so I bought a pass to another gym. My problem is Im not a morning person AT ALL!!! lol adn i get off work at 8 and dont get home till like 830..........WHEN DO I WORK OUT??? how do i overcome the feeling of being tired and lazy??? im at a loss lol its either that or im just too darn lazy..........any ideas????

So do you all ever meet?? Talk on the phone? Facebook?
nikkic718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:47 AM   #50  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone!

Susan - you brought tears to my eyes!!! I feel the same way! Like I can't wait to get on and see what everyone is up too!!! In all aspects of life, not just dieting!

EVERYONE - Thank you so much for the prayers! I will so keep you posted after my appt. Thursday! I'd be lying if I didn't telll you that I was afraid! I have googled and googled and googled! We shouldn't do that you know! haha!

Nikki - I have a LAZY side too when it comes to exercise! haha~

Have a great day everyone!
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 01:54 PM   #51  

Susan thats great news about your Dad, and I am glad you put your foot down about the pain meds.

I HATE THE ICE; had a big fall today when I was rushing to catch the bus. I'm ok but plenty bruised (good thing I landed on one of my generous sized hips).
A young man going by in a car stopped to see if I was ok, and helped me up.

Jeanne; wish we could all come for sunday dinner then we could do the group hug.
Love Y'all
Marion
Mimi4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:17 PM   #52  
ready to be healthy!

OMG Marion are you ok??? I fell last week in the only teeniest tiniest piece of ice in my driveway o my goodness did it hurt. i busted up my elbow really bad, dislocated it and i actually have a bone chip and its still crazy bruised. i didnt know if i should laugh hystarically bc had i not landed on my elbow i would have definatley face planted and of course my boyfriend was in front of me thank goodness he helped me up and didnt laugh................until he knew i was ok. im glad you are ok!!!! and p.s how nice of someone to stop and help you!
Old 01-26-2010, 03:33 PM   #53  

One thing I have learned over the years 99% of the people are good at heart, its too bad we hear about the 1% all the time.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:19 PM   #54  
Susan

Jeanne, yes I am bad about googling too much! I sometimes wish I couldn't. Know we will ALL be there in spirit Thursday.

Mimi, are you ok? It was very nice of that person. Doesn't it make you feel good when someone does something nice?

Nikki, I exercise before work and then swim after work.

Y'all get this..... I called the drs office because insurance messed up something, so I asked about the triathlon. I figured he would say yes, I hot a "no". I was so upset! Silly I know but I was ready!!!! I guess I'll just do it next time they have it. The dr said not until I have my 2 week check up. It would be 10 days later, what's a few days! Darn!!!!
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:04 AM   #55  
Just Do It

S/C/G: 193/ticker/120

Height: 4'10"

Mimi: I hope you are okay. I remember falling in Alaska when I was 7 months pregnant. Thank goodness the baby was okay, I on the other hand busted my eye open and had to have 3 stitches. Take it easy.

Susan: Sorry to hear about the dr saying no to your triathlon. Better luck next time.

Yesterday started out fine, but during the middle of 1st period I developed a migraine headache. I took my medicine hoping it would subside and I could stay, but by 11:15 I wasn't feeling any better so I went on home. I slept from 11:30 until 5:30. I felt tons better and was so happy because Justin (DH) had cooked dinner. It was a healthy dinner too. The only problem was I had to be a little piggy after dinner because I still had 12.5 points left. I figure the apple, orange, and Jiffy Pop helped diminish those. Sorry for rambling.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Ladybug2680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:47 AM   #56  
Thursday Lady

Jeanne, we are all thinking and praying for you today. You know we would be there if we could.

Grrrr....I'm so tired of not getting alerted to posts!!!

Mimi, I am so sorry about your fall. Wow, that was a very nice person to stop and help you. It does surprise us some times to know there are still nice people in this crazy society.

Nikki, you are a special person and we are so glad you're here with us.

Susan, you know that I'm upset for you! But, you have to know that the doctor is doing this in your best interest. (We'll keep telling ourselves that anyway.)

Tammy, I can't believe you are having ice, snow, cold weather STILL. I say that and just saw that there will be snow in north TX tomorrow. What happened to Global Warming!!!

Dori, your after dinner snack was perfect! I need to replinish our fruit supply. The apple and orange sound good.

Maureen, you are quiet. Maybe you don't know people are talking, either.
Tell us more about your move.

Okay, have I left anyone out? I'm sorry if I have.
Everyone---Please be careful and be sure to stay OP.
Love y'all s
Old 01-27-2010, 10:49 AM   #57  
ready to be healthy!

G'morning all!! Nothing new on my end, kinda boring lol sorry. Although there is SUNSHINE today which makes me in a better mood only bcim the type of girl that NEEDS a lil sunshine in her life to feel good. lol. I feel like im just to darn lazy to work out only bc i get off work at 8pm i ordered a treadmill though so i guess thats a step in the right direction lol. I hope you all have a wonderful day!!!!
Old 01-27-2010, 10:53 AM   #58  
Thursday Lady

Nikki, wonderful idea about the treadmill. You can walk a little in the morning when you rise.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:53 PM   #59  

Nikki, I am tired of winter. LOL I know I should have stayed down south. Yes to the shoes. I am wearing smaller sizes in my workout shoes, dress shoes, and running around shoes. What time do you have to be at work? Maybe you could go to the gym before work? I used to go after school to classes. Lots of times I had friends who were also in the class, so that was an incentive. We kept each other accountable. I do think all of us are on Facebook now. A few of us chat on the phone, but not real often.

The class I'm taking now starts at 9, but for almost 2 years it started at 8. I rarely miss a class because of the friendships I've made there, and I can see the workouts paying off. I haven't lost lots of pounds, and I have many to lose, but the clothes sure fit better. That's great about a treadmill! Wish we still had ours. Sold it when we moved to a smaller place.

Marion, so glad to hear you are ok after the fall! A fall on the ice in March of 2004 is what triggered my Fibromyalgia. That was nice that someone stopped to see if you were ok. The same thing happened with me. There are great people in the world.

Susan, boo to your doctor saying no! That's what I thought about the rheumatologist telling me No about running. Today during class, we went to the track. About 1/2 the class was running/jogging. I thought "What can it hurt?" Well, my knee! I didn't even run that much, but the knee started swelling and hurting. It still hurts, but not as bad as this morning. Maybe our doctors do know what is good for us.

Dori, I hope today has been a better day and no migraine. I liked the sound of your snack!

Tina, sometimes February is the worst winter month. The year that I fell on the ice, it was St. Patrick's Day. The day Tim was born (March 5), I had to call the rescue squad because I was home alone, and the squad got stuck on the ice in our driveway. I definitely wonder about Global Warming too. We are up to 30 degrees earlier this afternoon. when I went to the Y this morning it was 20. Brrrrr.

Burned a little over 600 calories this morning. Part of that was from the throbbing knee! LOL

Things have happened over the past 1 1/2 that I think are Godincidences. I went to the bank today because I had received a form from them with Bob's name on the account. The woman at the bank wasn't sure how to go about getting his name off and just my name on there. She called the main branch and talked to someone. She took down my phone number, and she said that someone from the main branch would be calling. About 30 minutes later, the phone rang. Out of all the people at the main branch, it was one of Bob's good friends who called. I hadn't talked to him for a few months, so if the woman at the bank would have known what to do, I wouldn't have talked to hime for who knows how long. We ended up talking for 20 minutes - 5 minutes about banking, 15 minutes about Tim and his kids. It was great. It was good to talk to him on the phone, because every time we talk in person, we both cry.

I have to tell you about my dinner last night. I know it is weird, but I wasn't in the mood to cook. 1 cup frozen strawberry yogurt, 1 banana sliced up on it, chocolate syrup drizzled on it, and popcorn. Is that balanced???? lol
Tim just looked at me and shook his head when I told him what I ate.

Last edited by Tammy; 01-27-2010 at 04:55 PM.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:40 PM   #60  

Hey I like that phrase godincidence, gotta remember that.

Well I have to tell everyone that I dropped out of the Zumba class, what with taking the bus I was gone over 3 hours, and I figured I could walk and do a bunch of studies in that time. So sorry to everyone! But on the good side I have upped my apartment hall walking to 40 lengths and I do every third one pumping. My butt is a little bruised but it bothers me more when trying to sleep than anything else. I can believe falling would get your fibro going I am pretty much aching everywhere today especially my shoulders.
Susan; there's no rush to do the triath. and your health is more important right now. so I agree with the doc, I hope you do too.
Everyone have a good day tomorrow
Love
Mimi