View Poll Results: Do you do your monthly self breast exams?
Yes, religiously. 2 15.38%
Sometimes. 9 69.23%
No. 2 15.38%
What's a Self Breast Exam? 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2002, 11:58 AM   #16  

Well, I decided to order The Firm - Total Body - Maximum Body Shaping (2001) from Amazon. I am looking forward to trying it, I have a feeling I will be "Feeling the burn!".

My banana didn't hold me for breakfast (since I ate it at 7 a.m.) so I am now snacking on dry Cheerios. They are pretty darn yummy! Going to get a salad from the grocery store for lunch and walking the monster after work. Another OP day!!!!
Old 08-06-2002, 12:01 PM   #17  

Lori ~

I think it really depends on how your are making it. If you are broiling/baking it, then I would consider it to be 4-5 points for a small 3 oz. steak. I will see if I can find a website that would have bass points. You may have to guess though.
Old 08-06-2002, 12:03 PM   #18  
Proud Canadian

Can't talk today - crazy busy. Holiday yesterday. I went to WI on Saturday hoping to be down that point 1 pound - Nope - stayed EXACTLY the same. Oh well, at least I didn't gain.

Have a great day everyone!
KT
Old 08-06-2002, 12:41 PM   #19  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Lori - a 6 ounce filet of Bass is only 4 points.....then whatever you add while cooking.

WOO HOO girls! I was down 5.5 today!!!! I know that sounds crazy... but it actually makes sense with me. Every month, I'll gain 2-3 pounds during my period, and then the following week I'll lose those plus whatever I'd normally lose. I'm so relieved to have that gain last week behind me. Plus... like I was saying... this week all my clothes have been getting so loose... I'm psyched.. it's still possible (although not probable) that I'll make my labor day goal. I'll have to lose 6 pounds in the next 4 weeks... which is doable... but will be tough. I'll still shoot for it.

And again, the WW at Work 12 weeks is up and we're having a hard time getting the minimum amount of people. I love my leader to death and can't imagine not meeting with her. But she just does work meetings... so if we don't get her here, then I'm out. And bumming BIG TIME. I'll keep my fingers crossed that we can make it to 12 people.

I changed my sig - yay!

Lisa
Old 08-06-2002, 12:49 PM   #20  

Whoo hoo Lisa-looks like eating out with Brian hasn't hurt you any! You are in the home stretch! Less than 20 to goal! You are such an inspiration!

KT Whoo hoo on maintaining!

Thanks for the point info

Just ate my less than one point soup-yum. Cilantro and lots of garlic -the poor patients I am going to see this afternoon!

Tonya-yay on staying OP-how do you get through a day on only 18 points though? I find that eating that low makes me gain...especially if I have a few off days(that's like 900 calories a day if a point is about 50 calories)
Lori
Old 08-06-2002, 12:57 PM   #21  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Hello, Again!

I wanted to come back and type what's sure to be a REALLY long post. I have a couple of stories about my boosted ego, a funny one that happened here at work, and responses to everyone. So, grab a comfortable chair and settle in, cuz this is bound to be a long post from me.

First, I forgot to tell you guys this yesterday. BF and I were getting ready to take a nap on Sunday and we somehow got on the subject of my behind and how he thinks it's gotten small. I thought maybe he was disappointed with the shrinkage, so I asked "Well, would you like me to gain the weight back?" He's like "No." He paused a second and then said "But I'd love you no matter what you weigh." I have to giggle, he's so sweet for saying that second part, but he totally gave away how he really feels when he said no. Isn't he just the darlingest thing?

Second, I gotta tell you guys about the great big ego boost I got last night. My phone rang around 11 last night and a male voice that I didn't recognize said "Hi, Jess." After asking for a few hints, I figured out that it was my friend David from high school and college. He was at the same bar as my sister and got my phone number from her. He asked me to come up, and I couldn't sleep anyway, so I did. I got there and one of my sister's friends who hasn't seen me in a really long time was like "Ohmigod, you look SO good." Then, David came over to say hello and said the same thing. For the few minutes that I was there, he was rubbing my [hairy] leg, hugging me, and trying to talk me into going to our 5 year class reunion with him. He's a pretty darn good looking guy, but I'm not interested. Still, it was a nice ego boost because he's never really shown this much interest before. Plus, it made BF really jealous (which is unusual because he rarely gets jealous). :lol

I'm glad you all liked my poll. I recently read "Dear Stranger, Dearest Friend", which is a fictional book about these two women who meet online in a room much like this, only for women affected by breast cancer. The book consists of their letters emails back and forth to each other while one of the women is struggling with it. The other woman is a survivor. Anyway, it brought up a lot of feelings and memories that I haven't really thought about since Mom had it and reminded me how VERY important it is to take care of our bodies and do our monthly exams.

After I started the thread this morning, I walked down to the cafeteria to get a glass of ice water. I work with a whole lot of men, but this guy I ran into in the hall I've never seen before. He was coming out of the break room and I don't even think he saw my face, he was so busy not colliding with my boobs. (For those of you who don't know, I'm cursed with enormous boobs). I just thought that was a little ironic, considering the topic of today's thread.

Kier--Yes, definitely take your mom to the doctor. My mom is like that sometimes because she doesn't want to trouble anyone, and sometimes I see myself becoming like her. However, for a breast lump, I will not hesitate to get an appointment. My mom, grandma, aunt, great aunt, second cousin, and great grandmother have all had breast cancer, so I take it pretty seriously. Also, don't judge yourself on whether or not you have a BF. I used to do that and it's not fair and not condusive to finding someone. You're VERY special, Kier, and someone is going to see that when you least expect it. I promise. And Kier, there is absolutely NO reason that you should feel like the "fat little sister". That's ridiculous. You're working on your weight and really, you should feel proud of how far you've come instead of feeling self-conscious around your sister. (What is it with me and this soapbox today? I just can't stay off it!)

Lisa--How did WI go? Hopefully it was SPECTACULAR! I know what you mean about the "flab" that's not really flab. I have it too. I really do think it's the loose skin thing and we just have to be patient and it'll go away before we know it. That's when we can wear the clothes we really want to wear and not have to worry about people confusing fat with floppy skin. If only they knew... By the way, YAY on the free weights!

Lori--It's appropriate that significant others are the ones who find lumps, because they're the ones who truly appreciate our boobs. I'd have my BF do it, but I don't think he'd be able to concentrate on the task at hand.

Laura--My mom is well. She's been in remission for nearly 10 years and hopefully will continue to be. She still has no boobs. Her body rejected the implants and she got sick from it. And yeah, where have JenK and Belle been?

Tonya--I don't think it matters how you get checked as long as you're getting checked. I really should get some corn to freeze so I can have it in the winter, but then I'd actually have to spend some time in my kitchen. I'll just eat it out of the can, I guess. I don't do "The Firm" workout video, I've been doing a Pilates video (Pilates for Dummies) and really like it. It's not really a cardio workout, though. But whoohee, does it work your abs and thighs!!

Jayne--Yes, with a family history like yours, you should most definitely be checking routinely. If it's hard to remember, maybe set a day that you check--I do it when I start a new package of birth control pills, otherwise I'll never remember.

Jen--Yeah, abnormal paps are no fun, I've had to deal with that, too. Hopefully I never have to do it again. Sounds like you had quite the night last night, poor thing! Hopefully tonight will be a good way to help you relax after what sounds like a stressful day!

OK, there have probably been some posts since I started this big old monster, so I should probably end it now and actually eat my lunch.
Old 08-06-2002, 02:49 PM   #22  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Ok, so many people have posted that this will most like be long...

Jess I bet you feel great, what with having a little hinder and having the hs guy hitting on you. Doesn't it kind of piss you off when people only act interested in you after they see you thinner? Maybe it doesn't, but that's kind of how I feel...Maybe I'm just having a complex because I sent in a picture of my family for my 10 year reunion and I'm feeling wierd about it. In any caseyou are obviously looking fantastic, and you should be proud of all you've accomplished!

Lori, you may have to post that soup recipe...cilantro and garlic are two of my favorite things! That sounds Vietnamese or Thai or something...is it?

Lisa, you're just going to have to recruit people and hustle them on into that meeting. How this could be done tactfully and without making enemies, I don't know, but...Congrats on being such a BIG loser!!! (but in the best way possible!!!)

KT, great job on maintaining...I bet you see a big loss next week!

Tonya, I have the Firm videos...they're TOUGH! But they guarantee visible results in ten workouts or less, and it's true...you really can see it at work. They're great videos, my favorite is Firm Parts. I love your story about the daily breast exam...my husband would try that excuse if he thought it would "get him some" hehe
Old 08-06-2002, 02:57 PM   #23  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Ack, got cut off in the middle...
Laura, when you worked with a PT, was it just like developing a routine, or did you work on form and all that? because there's a PT at our gym, but he's about $50 an hour, and I don't know if it's worth it or not...tell me about your experience, if you don't mind.

Jen, isn't Meet My Folks hilarious? I'm a reality TV junkie, and I gotta tell you Wednesday nights are like heroin...Meet My Folks and Big Brother III on right in a row, usually followed by a rerun of Sorority Life...it just don't get any better. Thanks for the preview about life with a toddler...I'll look forward to it!

Lisa, you are awesome with your weight motivation...I have to say, I get a lot of inspiration from you. You have come such a long way, and you're willing to do what it takes to go the distance...keep it up girl!

Kier, there's nothing we can do about the way we feel. If you're a bit jealous (or even a lot) that's natural and human, and the best thing is to acknowledge that jealousy to uninvolved parties (like your "chick" friends) and get it off your chest so that you don't rashly act on it later on. You are a beautiful person, and I'm glad you know that. It's really hard to step out of our family identities, isn't it? You'll always feel like putting yourself next to your sister, but just realize that no one else is doing that...you are you, and she is who she is, and the two are apples and oranges. Of course, this is much easier to say than to do...you've heard about my sister's and my conflicted relationship...they're your best friend but they can (unknowingly) also be your worst enemy. Come here and vent so that you can continue to act happy for her. We're here for you, hon!

I have a dog bellowing at the front door...better see if something's out there!
Old 08-06-2002, 02:59 PM   #24  

Lori ~ I don't always have 18 pts. a day, I try to change up my points within a week. Plus, it always seems we eat out more on the weekends, and I have found if I am strict with myself during the week, I can splurge a bit on the weekends. I do agree, there are some days that eating only 18 pts is really unrealistic!

Jayne ~ Glad you liked the husband/boob check story. I love my husband, but he is a pig....any chance that sex or women's bodies are involved, he is there!

I have not done anything today but hang out here! Don't feel like working...it is beautiful here, only about 75 degrees, no humidity and sunny!!

I am totally OP today, and get to leave work in about an hour. Going to go home and walk the dog, that should be good exercise....he will walk me....he is 80 pounds of goofiness!

Well, better look busy....post more please, I don't want to have to work this last hour!!!!
Old 08-06-2002, 03:27 PM   #25  
Cockeyed Optimist

Don't have time to respond to everyone but....

Lisa - way to go! You are so inspiring.

Jayne - the trainer I asked about my goals, then decided on a set of exercises, showed me each exercise and then had me perform each exercise to make sure I had correct form and that I was using a useful weight.

Having a rough day because my boss told me this AM that they are decreasing my job responsibilities again....he actually said "this way you'll have time for the little things like distributing faxes". How demeaning - to go from an Executive Assistant to a Sr. VP to a file clerk - and according to my reviews it isn't my performance - it's just changes in the department. Ugh! Anyway am handling by imbibing copious amounts of diet coke....probably don't need the caffiene but it's better for my waist than pizza.

Alright, I need to go get over my pity party.

Laura
Old 08-06-2002, 03:33 PM   #26  
Cockeyed Optimist

Hey - I didn't mean that being a file clerk is a bad thing. I just meant that I find it humiliating to have my job downgraded when I'm told that it isn't my performance.
Old 08-06-2002, 04:25 PM   #27  
A Yankee in Virginia

Lori, according to the points calculator on eTools, one fillet is 5 points.

Great poll, Jess! My mom had breast cancer — she was diagnosed at 38. She had a mastectomy and almost 20 years later, she's still cancer free. Because she was so young, I'll have to start having mammograms within the next 5 years.

Jen: I had to interview a job candidate a week ago and I spilled my lunch on my pants right before the interview. Lovely.

How's exercise, everyone? I went to yoga last night and it was wonderful. What a good stretch and a mini workout, too. I was sweating during some of it. Tonight I'm going to step class. I want to get below 180 this week! I'm hovering between 180 and 181 on my home scale. I know I can do it! I'm trying to drink my water, too, which I haven't been as good about.

Well, gotta finish some work today. See you all later!
Old 08-06-2002, 04:31 PM   #28  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

hey just a quickie b/c its almost the end of the day and I still have a crapload to do
had a big thai lunch and am going to have my 3 pt salad for dinner in the park with my friends
Jess and Jayne Thanks I love you guys mean i love all of you guys its nice to ahve ppl who are in the same boat or ahve been there
and i know i'm doign better
and i know my sis has had major surgery and will never eat normally again
I really dont know what i'd do without this forum
you know we should have a non age specific name for our forum
Oh and has anyone tried Ediets? I know this is a ww forum but i was checkign it out and it looks kinda good
thoughts/feelings
anywho back to da books!
LOVE!
Kier
Old 08-06-2002, 04:41 PM   #29  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey all... I opted out of the second interview because the guy didn't have any experience and I knew he wasn't qualified. So I let the others interview him. He would be an OK intern tho. I wouldn't be managing the person anyway! Am I terrible or what!

Winter, I understand what you are saying!!!

Kim, keep it up and you will succeed!!!!

1 hour and 20 minutes of work left. Why is it going so slow? Just took a walk outside and ate some popcorn. Now the tootsie rolls are attacking me.
Old 08-06-2002, 04:54 PM   #30  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Jen or Tonya, would you mind posting your recipe for freezing corn on the recipe thread? Since I moved out here to the boonies, I better learn to do this...there is a Birdseye plant in town selling sweet corn for $1 for 4 dozen ears!!! I can't pass that by! Thanks!
Closed Thread