3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Clubs and Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups-106/)
-   -   Thursday Chatters for December--Brrr... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups/187408-thursday-chatters-december-brrr.html)

maureen kempster 12-30-2009 03:01 PM

Good afternoon all
I'm just waiting to be taken to the airport by my daughter-in-law-it was nice visiting but now I'm ready to head back-I don't get into Ottawa until 11:30PM so I expect that I'll get home around 12:30AM-I don't have to go back to work until the 4th so that worked out well.
Tina I hope all goes well with the townhouse-I'm sure it will-is the snow gone yet?
Susan, I sent a friend request on facebook(I think it's you lol)
I hope you all have a great day on program

talk to you when I get back home
maureen

Mimi4fun 12-30-2009 04:26 PM

Hey Jeanne, I checked my starter WW book ANY liquid counts even coffee or tea, and of course if you have milk that qualifies as well.
Tina; my new favourite drink is hot chocolate (low fat sugar free) but made with 1/2 a cup of milk instead of water. Its so much better that way.
Susan; good luck with the surgery. What a way to start the New Year. Hope you feel better afterwards and hope the procedure helps with the pain. Its a very safe procedure and has a lot of good results so I'll say a prayer for you.
Maureen hope the ride home was good and didn't have to go too long to check in.
If I don't get back on here tomorrow. Happy New Year to all of you.
We are all going to do fantastic this coming year.
Love Mimi

auntie 12-30-2009 05:36 PM

Hi Everyone,

Well I screwed it up today! I had fried rice made with brown rice, and crab rangoons. I should have stopped but didn't. I haven't even been swimming yet and don't think I'm going to go today.

Maureen, You found me!! Have a safe trip home.

Mimi, I'll let ya'll know before the procedure. I'm not sure when it's going to be.

Tina, did you get sleet?

Jeanne, how's it going for you?

Believe it or not, I don't like hot chocolate or chocolate milk!!! Not even crazy about white milk either. I do love tea and I do drink decaf tea.

Hope ya'll have a great evening! Does anyone have plans for tomorrow evening? We don't! Thank goodness Pat's band isn't playing either. So I'll probably be sleeping in the new year! :)

Tammy 12-30-2009 08:32 PM

Hello! I'm finally checking in unless I get kicked off which has happened several times over the past few days. We have had a great time. Went to the Kennedy Space Center yesterday. There was so much to see, and we didn't have enough time for everything. This morning we met a woman that I got to know through a fibromyalgia thread. She lives near the resort here in Vero Beach! I took Tim to the airport, and he will be back in Ohio in about an hour. He wasn't looking forward to cleaning his car off when he got to Dayton. The weather has been nice, although it has been cool at night.

Jeanne, sounds like WW online is good for you! 50 pounds is a good goal.

Maureen, I guess I didn't know that Richard Simmons had a site. GOod for you for starting the walking program and French lessons!

Susan, my friend, Carol, just had an ablation of the uterus done. She did it on a Friday, and she was back to school on Monday. Keep up the swimming!

Tina, keep us posted on the condo! Having them do all the outside stuff is wonderful! That's why I like living where I do.

Mimi, sounds like we are all in the mood to get back on track, doesn't it?

Ok, I'm on Facebook too! Tammy Cline Dayton, OH I'll go there in a bit and start searching for those of you who are on there. I have reconnected with so many of my former students! So much fun!!

I'm picking up Maurice in the morning, and we'll be heading to Jekyll Island, GA. New Year's Eve with Maurice in Georgia. Sounds like a wild time, doesn't it?? I have missed him.

Tina 12-30-2009 08:40 PM

Evening all,

Okay, I'm going to get my own Facebook account. I can't be the only one here who doesn't have one. :lol:

Tammy, it sounds like you are having a great time. What fun, getting to meet someone from a thread.
We all should meet some day.

Tomorrow we submit our counter offer for the townhouse. I hope they don't laugh hesterically.
:flow1:

auntie 12-30-2009 09:30 PM

Tammy, sounds like you are having fun! Maurice missed you too!!! I think that sounds like a perfect New Year's Eve! I'll be asleep! I talked to my friend Lana, and she had to have the abalation too.

Tina, have you heard on the townhouse? This is the one that you really liked, right? Don't worry about the facebook, I have a page but nothing on it! I don't have pictures or anything.

jar1965 12-31-2009 07:44 AM

Hi! Happy New Years Eve!
So I got home last night and was reading the mail. I got a brochure from our Health Care Company offering the 10# in 10 weeks...........
It is a weight management program engaging nutrition, excise and lifestyle changes. Lectures, activities, self study annd personal goals. I guess if I am reading it right, it is held at the YMCA and is covered under our insurance plan! Wow, what timing. I'm going to check it out.

Just thought I'd share! Have a great day everyone!

maureen kempster 12-31-2009 08:29 AM

Happy New Year Everyone

I made it home-2 AM- our flight was 1.5 hours late so didn't get into Ottawa until 1 AM instead of 11:30- they said weather-

Tina, if I can navigate around Facebook anyone can-I only connected with 1 grade school classmate-I figure anyone my age is either dead or doesn't know how to use the computer LOL

Tammy sounds like you're having a good time

Jeanne be careful on the roads

Susan, I'm with you about New Year's Eve-I very rarely see it come in

Anyway-it's good to be back home now the packing begins!!!

Have a super Happy New Year if I don't get back here-we all deserve it

maureen

jar1965 12-31-2009 12:10 PM

Maureen - thanks. They were only wet by the time I had to travel on them this morning! Glad you are home & safe!

Tina 12-31-2009 12:29 PM

:newyear:

Maureen, I'm glad you made it home safely! That delay doesn't sound too bad this time of year, with all the things going on.
Good luck with all the packing. I wish I could come up and help--then you could come help me pack (again). See, I have method in my madness. :lol:

Jeanne, wow--I'd like a weight management program offer like that!

Tammy, so glad you are having a good time. Tell us what Maurice did when he saw you.

Susan, I'm sure you will be fine after that procedure. (I Googled it.)

Mimi, I hope you have a great New Years Eve.

Larry and I always stay up until midnight. We used to go out to eat and to a movie. It got where doing both was hard to plan, time-wise. We usually go eat and then come home to watch a dvd. This year it's Mexican food!!!

Tammy 12-31-2009 06:49 PM

When I walked in to get Maurice this morning, he barked at me! Then I think he realized it was me because he ran over to me and started crying and jumping up on me. I think he was very glad to see me, and I know that I was very glad to see him!

The trip from Vero Beach to Jekyll Island was good. Not too much traffic, and it took about 4 hours which was about right for me without getting too tired. This is the same hotel where we stayed last year, and the people at the front desk remembered us! Oh my! Must have really made an impression. One of them even asked if my son was with me. I'm sure Tim would rather be here instead of Ohio!!

I am sure I'll be asleep before midnight. I could go to sleep right now and probably sleep all night.

Happy New Year Everyone!!

auntie 12-31-2009 09:18 PM

Tammy, I know Maurice was happy to see you!!!! I know you were happy to have him back!!! I hope ya'll have a good time at Jekyll Island! It's neat that the people remember you. That makes it special!

Tina, glad you googled it! :) Ya'll are more exciting than us! We aren't doing anything!

Jeanne, do let us know about that program!

I'll be long asleep before midnight! I keep thinking it's 2010 somewhere!!!

Everyone have a safe New Years!!!! Be careful if you get out!

Tina 12-31-2009 11:21 PM

Isn't it already New Years in Austrailia? :)

Tammy, I'm glad Maurice was so happy to see you.

I am stuffed. The Mexican food was wonderful!!! Boy, on Monday I need to stay in the exercise room all day! :lol:

Tina 12-31-2009 11:23 PM

Oh yeah, the townhouse----the other realtor couldn't believe how LOW our counter was. :lol: I guess we can kiss that house good-bye! :(

maureen kempster 01-01-2010 09:22 AM

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE

Tina, you'll get your place soon-it's good to see you on facebook
I just came in from a great 35 min walk-it's about -4C/24.8F but I was actually sweating-the road aren't plowed yet & it's snowing. It was nice and quiet - I picked up a Dr Phil book-has anyone here ever tried to follow his program. Most of it seems to make sense-
Well it's a new year the old slate is wiped clean and it's time to be positive and move forward

Let's all have a great day
maureen