3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Clubs and Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups-106/)
-   -   Thursday Chatters for December--Brrr... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups/187408-thursday-chatters-december-brrr.html)

Tina 12-19-2009 09:57 PM

Brrr.... I hope everyone living up north is very careful in this cold, bad weather.
I have a nephew who lives just outside of D.C. They are really under snow right now. He sent some beautiful photos.
Everyone stay safe and OP. :)

:hohoho:

Tammy 12-20-2009 10:28 PM

Maureen, I know you are gone, but I hope you are having a great time!!

Tina, we have snow, but not as much as others do. I think we lucked out on this one.

It was nice to have the snow over the weekend on our mini-trip. We walked around last night and just enjoyed the lights, the snow, the music. They have oil lanterns along the canal and the railroad tracks. The reflections of the lanterns and the lights from the buildings are in the water in the canal, and it is just so cool!

Made several purchases for the house. I decided I'm tired of looking at empty spots, so I'm going to fill them. lol

Tina 12-21-2009 11:57 AM

Ho, Ho, Ho,
It's hard to believe that it's almost here!!!!!

Susan, I hope you are well and just not receiving notices of posts. We miss you. :(:(:(
Jeanne, I still love your photos.
Mimi, do you have everything ready? Are you making that pumpkin recipe again?
Tammy, I'm glad you are not snowed in. My nephew sent me some beautiful photos of their snow. He's a Texan and just bought his first house in the D.C. area. I hope their electricity stays on since they have a beautiful little 8 week old girl.

It's nice here....no more snow. :) I have wrapping and cookie baking to do today.
Everyone have a great day!
:hug:

Tammy 12-22-2009 09:52 PM

Tina, have you heard whether your nephew has lost power at all? That would be awful with the baby there.

I need to get things together to take to my brother's house tomorrow night. Making deviled eggs and baked beans to take.

My stepson and his family were here earlier tonight. I enjoy being around them, and I know Maurice loved the attention!

Tim and I leave on Saturday. We'll have the laptop with us, so hopefully I can stay in touch. Would love to hear from those we haven't been hearing from.

Tina 12-22-2009 10:36 PM

Hi,
No, they never lost power. However, he is going to buy a generator now for the next time. He had to use the neighbor's shovel because they were all sold out. He finally bought one from Amazon.com. :lol: that will work for next time.

I'm sure Maurice had a good time. Wish I had some of your deviled eggs. :hug:

Mimi4fun 12-23-2009 04:24 PM

I thought they got snow there every year??
All ready for Christmas. Haven't gotten a notice for a while. I wonder whats wrong with this site? Maybe too many users. I tried to start a blog but gave up, what a lot of hasle.
Hope everyone has a nice Christmas.
Marion

Tammy 12-24-2009 12:01 AM

Tim mentioned he wanted to get a new shovel. We saw some yesterday, but they weren't "good" enough for him.

We had Christmas with my brothers tonight. Tim got off of squad duty at 5:00, and he had to be at Arby's at 7:00, so he didn't get to spend much time with the family.

maureen kempster 12-24-2009 09:03 AM

Good morning all
I'm now in Edmonton-it's cold and a lot of snow-my 2 sons will be over at their dad's tomorrow(so will I)-he's letting me stay at his place while I'm in Edmonton-he has an extra room-but I will be very happy to get back to Calgary(on the 27th) then back home on the 30th. I think this will be the last time I go away at Christmas-next year I'll spend it at home then maybe go somewhere warm on the 26th!!! Maybe Cuba-everyone I know whose been there has nothing but nice things to say about the place.
Well it's an order: EVERYONE HAVE A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS

maureen

Tina 12-24-2009 02:33 PM

Hi,
Maureen, I'm so glad you made it there okay. It will be good to be with your sons, I'm sure. I'm being nosey---has your husband remarried?

Mimi, yes, it snows in D.C. every year. This snow was an unexpected BIG blizzard.

Tammy, I'm glad you had a good time with your brothers. Sorry Tim had to miss out. How were the deviled eggs? :)

I'm baking cakes and fixing the dressing and turkey today. Yesterday I made 10 dozen cookies!!! 3 doz. sand tarts and 7 doz. peanut butter cookies w/Hershey Kisses on top. As you can tell, my family loves the pb ones. I'll be taking lots of them to the gathering and David will take at least 2 doz. home with him.
Susan, where are you? Jeanne, Sis, Dori, everyone else-----we miss you all and hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas
:hohoho:

maureen kempster 12-24-2009 02:41 PM

Hi Tina
no Geoff didn't remarry(no girlfriend as far as I know)-but I really can't wait to get back-in the new year when I see the lawyer about my condo-I'll also see about a will and see if he'll process the divorce papers-I can't believe it's been almost 4 years!! I am glad to see my old cat though-he's about 14 years old at least.

Ian and James will be here tomorrow for Christmas dinner.

Well talk to you all later
enjoy the holidays

maureen

jar1965 12-25-2009 07:18 AM

Merry Christmas Friends!

maureen kempster 12-25-2009 07:20 AM

All the best-have a very Merry Christmas and stay safe

maureen

Tammy 12-25-2009 11:17 AM

Tina, the deviled eggs were delicious! They are always a hit. I have a few left, do you want me to send you a couple?? lol I am going to take a couple to my aunt who is in a nursing home. Those were always one of her favorite things. You have been busy with the baking! Wow to that many cookies!!

Maureen, I'm with you on going someplace warmer. That's why I'm leaving for Florida tomorrow! Of course, I'll be back in a few weeks. Wish I could stay longer.

Merry Christmas to all of you!!!

auntie 12-25-2009 06:29 PM

Hi Friends!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! It's hard to believe that it's this time of the year. We had a white Christmas, first time since 1928. It was really pretty and pretty much all melted today.

Life has been crazy! We went to San Antonio for Thanksgiving. Came home and then haven't stopped. We left on Saturday to go back to SA and came home on Wednesday. We did a lot for my folks. We are going back in a few weeks. I think it's going to be an on going thing.

I have a lot of reading to catch up on. I honestly have to say, I wasn't getting notices either and then was so busy that I never had time to stop. I would do most of my email reading on my phone.

Hope everyone had a great holiday!!!!

maureen kempster 12-25-2009 07:15 PM

Good to hear from you Susan
We just finished Christmas dinner with 2 of my sons-they're gone now but it was nice seeing them-I'll meet one of them tomorrow downtown then I leave for Calgary on Sunday and spend the rest of my holidays with my oldest son & his wife(I was already in Calgary and took the greyhound to Edmonton on the 22nd-so just going back)head back home on the 30th.
Well, again I hope you all had a great day

maureen