Just made a yummy pumpkin dessert 6 points for the whole thing
In 1 cup 1% milk add
1/2 cup splenda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 packaged sugar free jello pudding vanilla or lemon might be good too
1 small can 12-16 ounces pure pumpkin
blend the milk with seasoning and splenda, add pudding mix
quickly put pudding in a bowl and fold in the pumpkin.
I divided it into 3 dishes (2 points each)
I put 2 T of 1/2 and 1/2 over top for 1 more point.
so good you will never miss the pie (well maybe not)
Happy Thanksgiving

Last edited by Mimi4fun; 11-20-2009 at 08:05 PM.
Mimi4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 09:59 PM   #47  
Thursday Lady

Mimi, this sounds delicious. I've got everything but the pudding mix which I will buy tomorrow. I might try it with the lite half and half.
Thanks for the recipe.

Last edited by Tina; 11-20-2009 at 09:59 PM.
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 07:11 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi all
Mimi, I just made your pumpkin dessert-I guess I'll try it tomorrow-it was nice and easy to make-
Tina, have you been using the gym in your apartment building?
I just seem to be at a stand still-no motivation-I really really have to do something and soon-
Susan-did you say you joined WW on line? if so, how's it going?
Tammy, are you still as busy as ever? I get tired reading all about your activities-I wish I could lose the weight reading about it too lol

anyway have a great weekend(what's left of it) I want to go and watch the Mentalist-does anyone else watch that show? I really like it
More later or tomorrow
have a great evening

maureen
maureen kempster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 11:58 AM   #49  

Hi everyone
Mimi-I'm eating your pumpkin pudding dessert-it's very nice-and it's satisfying

thanks for the recipe

maureen

Last edited by maureen kempster; 11-22-2009 at 11:59 AM.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:36 PM   #50  

Mimi, that dessert sounds yummy!

Maureen, I have seen the Mentalist a few times. I like it, so I don't know why I don't make it a point to see it.

Before I went to Disney, I had been to my doctor and talked to him about going off of the Prozac. My main reason was because I think it has hampered my weight loss. He agreed to wean me off of it, and I've been totally off of it for about 2 weeks. About 1 1/2 weeks ago, I started hurting, and it hasn't gotten any better. Sometimes I can barely move. Tim told me that this is exactly how I was before I was diagnosed with fibro. I talked to my cousin, a nurse, who also has problems with pain, and she told me that she figures the Prozac was helping with the fibro pain as well as my other meds. I'm going to call the doctor in the morning, and hopefully get in to see him tomorrow. I can't get in to see the rheumatologist until Jan. 19! I can't keep going like this. I have still tried to go to my one class in the morning, but I sit for part of it, and I am using very light weights. I'm afraid that if I don't keep going, I'll just end up crawling into bed and staying there. I did that for a while after Bob died, and I don't want that again.

Hope everyone is doing well! Have a great week!
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 10:52 AM   #51  
Thursday Lady

Hi all,
Maureen---I really like The Mentalist. It's one show that seems to be getting better with age. And yes, I've been to the apartment gym. Haven't gone often because I had a big toe nail that was digging into the skin. Ouch!
I finally got to get a pedicure (after getting off the blood thinner) and that took care of the Ouch. In fact, I'm going to use the treadmill this afternoon. This morning, I need to hit the grocery store one more time for my fresh produce.

Mimi, I'm going to make your dessert today. I can't wait to try it.

Tammy, I am so sorry you are having the pain again. It's so strange that a medicine, we think is just for one reason, can help lots of other things. Maybe he could put you on a low dose and see if a little would help you. Please keep going to your classes!

Susan, how are you doing?

There are several members who haven't been here in ages. We miss you sooooo much when you don't post.

Oh, we put in an offer on a place. I'll let you know what happens.
Old 11-23-2009, 11:27 AM   #52  

Just returned from the doctor. He is starting me on Cymbalta, a medicine for depression and fibromyalgia. He had enough samples for me for a month, so I'll see how it goes before I get the prescription filled. Tina, the dose of prozac that I was on was the lowest it comes in. It's a capsule so I couldn't cut it in half. The doctor was glad that moodwise I am doing well. He commented on me smiling and joking around like normal even though I'm hurting.

I missed my class this morning because the appointment was the same time, but I plan to go on Wed. and Fri. I am even thinking about going to water aerobics tonight. I'm not signed up for it, but the instructor emailed me and asked me to come.

tina, congratulations on putting an offer on a place!!! Hope it works out for you!!
Old 11-23-2009, 06:07 PM   #53  

Tammy, I hope you feel better soon-
Tina, good luck on the offer-you'll get it! is it a townhouse?
I'm starting to get anxious about moving-won't be until the end of January.
I'm going to Calgary and Edmonton for Christmas-I leave December 19 and return December 30th.not sure how I feel about going.
have a good evening everyone
maureen
Old 11-23-2009, 06:30 PM   #54  
Thursday Lady

Townhouse deal didn't work. They refused to even counter our offer. Talk about snobs!!!!! The offer had to be at least $45,000.00 more than ours for them to even consider it.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:35 AM   #55  

Well Tina maybe after they sit with no other offers for a while they will reconsider. Good luck and keep looking I'm sure there is lots out there to look at.

Tammy I was diagnosed with fibro as well, for the most part the meds help but Sunday I picked up a couple of grocery bags and my shoulders and neck are still ultra tender. So hard to sleep. The water exercise sounds good esp if the water is nice and warm.

Maureen glad you liked the pudding. I just love pumpkin pie so I just had to find a lower cal version and of course the pumpkin is very low in cal and high in fiber. Can I come in your suitcase when you go out west?

OK I guess I messed up last week thinking it was Thanksgiving. So I will say it again.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Mimi4fun; 11-24-2009 at 10:35 AM.
Mimi4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 06:12 PM   #56  
Thursday Lady

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!!!!

Wow, I thought I'd never get on here. I tried last night but "the server was too busy."
Anyway, I hope you all have had a great day. It was sad without our mother this year. But, we did all right.
I'm tooting my horn here because I had only one serving of things. (We always serve buffet style.) I passed on the mashed potatoes and rolls. I did eat lots of my dressing (Mother's recipe.). Then, I told everyone that I was still finishing up my food so I wouldn't have to eat dessert.

How did y'all handle today?

Old 11-26-2009, 06:55 PM   #57  

Happy Thanksgiving to all you American Ladies-I hope you all had a great day

maureen
Old 11-30-2009, 11:03 AM   #58  

Good morning all
where's everyone been? I'll bet you're all out shopping! I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. Here it is the last day of November-the time just flies-19 more days and I'll be in Calgary visiting my oldest son and his wife then on the 22nd I'll be in Edmonton visiting my 2 younger sons for Christmas-I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to it or not-Tina, how's the house hunting going? Tammy, are you still going like a mad woman-like I said-I should lose some weight just reading about all your activites LOL-Mimi-I'll pick you up on the way out west!!

well I hope we all have a great day on program-I took today off(sick) went & got my H1N1 shot and then going to transfer my driver's license from Alberta to Quebec. We had a bit of snow on the ground when I woke up this morning doesn't look like it'll stay though

bye for now
maureen
Old 11-30-2009, 12:26 PM   #59  
Thursday Lady

Hi all,
I have the hardest time getting on here sometimes.
Maureen, you keep us going. Thanks!!!!!
I'm sorry you are sick today. Wow, you got an H1N1 shot! it's almost impossible to get one of those in the States. My dr. said that I didn't "qualify" for one even if they were readily available. I guess I'll just have to keep washing my hands and stay away from sick children.

House hunting is at a standstill for now. I think we'll take December off. I'm watching a couple of places that are expensive. Surely they will lower their prices by the end of the year. We are very comfortable in our little apartment, except for the kitchen having NO storage space.

Tammy, are you feeling better with that new medicine?
Susan, did you get down to San Antonio? I hope the family gathering was fun and not stressful.
Jeanne, we miss hearing from you.
Mimi, how are you doing?

Sis, harlie, Dori, everyone-------where are y'all?????

I've got to get to the apartment gym and walk on that treadmill. The scales in the ob/gyn's office today showed that I'd gained 3 pounds over the holdays. That will have to come off quickly.

Tina

Last edited by Tina; 11-30-2009 at 12:26 PM.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:10 PM   #60  

Sorry I haven't been on here. Seems like there is always something going on.
The Cymbalta seems to be working! I was on 30 mg for a week, and today I started 60 mg. I got a bit dizzy during class this morning, so I toned it down a bit. Hoping that doesn't happen often. Being out of pain is so nice!

Thanksgiving get-togethers were lots of fun. Good food and good company.

Maureen, I have slowed down a bit. When I went off of the one medicine, I was really in alot of pain, so I wasn't able to do much. I won't be signing up for as many classes next session. I decided that sometimes I need to just stay home. We haven't had any snow yet, but I'm sure it will be here soon. I'm sure when you get to visit with your sons, you'll have a good time.

Tina, I'm sure those 3 pounds will be gone before you know it! Taking off till after the first of the year on looking for a new home sounds like a good idea.

I went to the chiropractor today. When I got there, the parking lot was full and I had to park down the street. That wasn't a good sign. Went inside and the waiting room was full. It is never like that. I don't know what happened, but there were VERY far behind. After about 10 minutes, I went up to the receptionist and asked if I could reschedule for later in the week. I could tell she was relieved about it. That would be one less for today so that would help a little. I go now on Wednesday.