Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2002, 02:06 PM   #16  
Proud Canadian

She's Back!

My co-worker is back - YAY - I can dump this pile of work on her lap and wash my hands of it!!! Of course I had an incredibly crappy night last night so I barely slept and have broken down into tears twice this morning already. BF was in a car accident yesterday (he's totally fine and our truck barely felt it) but the other car will cost us a bit to repair. When he came home after sitting in the pub for a couple of hours he had this strange explosion of anger and he took off. When he came back a couple of hours later he couldn't remember what had happened or what had upset him so much. Very strange. And of course in his fit he threw a mug through the kitchen window and broke the phone (he didn't touch me - just scared me) He wants to find someone to talk to so this never happens again (it hasn't happened before in the 4.5 years we've been together) I'm worried that these are all issues involving his abusive father (Sunday is the 3rd anniversary of his death) Anyway, difficult to focus today so I'm going to hang out with you guys cause you're always so supportive.

Kirsty - we had a bus strike that lasted around 3 months here and it was ridiculous. A good thing was that people were car-pooling everywhere. There were even websites set up for people to find rides. Hope your strike doesn't last that long.

Kier - young professionals sound good - let us know how it goes.

Jayne - my sister adores pampered chef - a bunch of her future in-laws are going together and buying her the pot set as a wedding gift. She'll love it.

Lisa - strawberries are lovely. Someone once told me that the smell actually boosts your metabolism (of course when I add the whipped cream that would not help) I'll live in my fantasy world though - way to avoid the evil salads.

Jess - good luck at WI!

Laura - wow, that's fun calling you by your name. I love manicures. I'm going to get a petticure for my sister's wedding, that should be fun.

Lucy - good luck on the test, although it sounds like you'll do great!

Lori - Once all that water is gone you'll have a better idea of what really happened over those 4 days (4#, 4 days - that would be evil - could you imagine gaining 30# in 30 days?)

Belle - I know how you feel about WI, I haven't gone in 3 weeks but it helps motivate me a lot so I'm going on Saturday. No really, I mean it!

Jen - 70 mins!! I hope you have air conditioning.

Hello to anyone I've missed, I'll be checking in today because I only have my own job to do and I don't particularily want to do it. Have a great day.

KT
Old 07-18-2002, 03:08 PM   #17  
Eve's Mom

Default WI...

I was down 0.6 - taking me to 45 even down. NOt as bad as I thought! It was a good meeting too. The leader is a young, hip girl (early 30's around there) so its easy to relate to her.

Now I am eating a TV dinner (light, but still 8pts) for lunch.

KT - you get to WI girl, if I can do it you can do it!!! I am sorry to hear what you went through - it can be scarey when other's anger managment issues arise and you are inadvertently effected. From the sounds of it he does need some outside intervention....the sooner the better. Good luck with that, and come chat whenever you need to about it.

Belle
Old 07-18-2002, 03:13 PM   #18  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Fidgety

I REALLY don't feel like working today (if I recall correctly, I don't EVER feel like working) ...

Winter (I'll probably never get used to calling you Laura)--I'm proud of you for getting a manicure instead of eating. That takes willpower, but the results of the manicure are a lot better (pretty nails) than the results of an evening of overeating (jiggly thighs). And I feel the same way as you do about the little corns on the little cobs--there's something freakish about them.

Lucy--Your yoga class sounds like lots of fun! Maybe I should try one and see what the bottom of my foot looks like. Have a nice weekend in Tampa and good luck with all of that statistics business...

Lori--Is the weather unbearably hot where you are? How about humid? I really wouldn't stress over the 4 lb gain because, like someone yesterday said, you would have had to consume something like 14,000 EXTRA calories to gain 4 lbs. There is just no way humanly possible. Relax and know that there is change in your future.

Jen--You met Adam Sandler? Oh, I have the biggest crush on him, he's just the cutest little thing! Way to go last night on the treadmill! 70 minutes is an awesome accomplishment!!

KT--I can understand why you're so stressed and I'm sorry to hear about it. Poor thing, sometimes BF stress is the worst kind in the world. I wish I could offer some advice or say the right thing, but I don't know what to say besides that I'm here for you, if you need it.

Only two long torturous hours of work left, not sure how the heck I'm going to make it. My job is just mind-numbingly boring today and I keep thinking of all the things I'd rather be doing right now. Plus, I'm actually excited about WI tonight and that's making the time go that much slower. I'm looking forward to tonight AFTER WI, too, because I'm not planning on doing a damn thing. I'm going to go to WI, go pick up some groceries, make dinner, and either read my book on the couch or watch TV on the couch. Then I'm going to bed early, since I work both jobs tomorrow.

I suppose maybe I should get a little work done now. Maybe I'll call BF first and see what he's getting into...

I'll be back, I promise.
Old 07-18-2002, 03:16 PM   #19  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

KT - We're here for you girl and I'm praying for you and your boyfriend. It sounds like post-tramatic stress syndrome or something - I hope he's feeling more like himself soon. As long has he doesn't lay a finger on you I think it's good he can turn to you for help. He should definately see someone... and it sounds like he wants to so that's good.

Lisa
Old 07-18-2002, 03:19 PM   #20  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Jess - of course we were posting at the same time!!! Let us know how tonight goes.

Belle - congrats! 45 down rocks!

Lori - hello there sweetie! I'm sure it's all water.

Lucy, Laura.... hello - but I'm making this short because people are bothering me!!!!!!!!

Lisa
Old 07-18-2002, 03:39 PM   #21  
Water Freak

Hey everyone! Just a quick check-in before I bury myself in books for the evening! Lucy- I guess you are done with your test now or is it tomorrow morning, because then we would be taking a test at the same time! That would be too funny. I spent most of last night having a lab writeup disaster so didn't get much studying done and then I was trying to finish the damn thing during lunch and, well, it basically sucked. But, my TA is such a sweet guy that he's letting me turn it in tomorrow afternoon for no points off. So I can sort it all out after the test. Shouldn't take too long now that I have figured out what I did wrong. Today though, I was seriously ready to KILL my lab partner. He hasn't done well at all on the last two tests and I made the mistake of telling him how I'd done when he asked. I haven't been having a stellar physics performance, but I guess my grades so far are pretty solid (at any rate, they're better than his!). So, tomorrow is sort of make or break for him, and he has been pestering me about my "study techniques". Mind you, I don't mind sharing, except that I don't really have a surefire study method! Today he wanted to know what I planned on looking over from the past few chapters this evening....and I haven't finished the homework yet, so I really didn't know. He seemed pretty put out by this. He and my other lab partner were going on today about how they might have to withdraw from the class and they didn't want to take it over again, etc. This guy has already done that for this class once already. So he's thinking of doing physics a THIRD time around. I think if I was in that boat I might just look into switching to a major that didn't require physics. Eeep, I have just written a freaking book about this stupid guy. Ok, new topic.

Eating is going so-so today. I did have a granola bar (I really need to lay off on those things), but everything else has been pretty good and it's going to be a big huge veggie stir-fry tonigh for dinner, so I'm going to come in ok with points. Really can't face the idea of walking this evening, as it's 95+ out and I was sweating buckets just standing outside a minute ago. Maybe it will cool down later and I will allow myself a study break!

KT- Glad your BF was not hurt in the accident! It's good that he wants to figure out why he got so mad and how to stop it. I'd say that's a verrrrry positive sign that it won't repeat.

Laura- You'll have to let us know how the love octagon works out. Maybe your girlfriend can tip Sean off that it's him your interested in!

Belle- GO TO WEIGH-IN!

Jen- I am eagerly awaiting the running challenge You're an angel for doing it!

Lori- it has to be fluid retention. I knew this girl once who claimed to go up as much as 10 pounds before TOM. Not sure if I entirely believe her (I mean, can you ever conceivably retain that much water?), but still, it's encouraging, sort of

Lucy- Good luck good luck good luck! I rather like stats, maybe we can trade tests

Laura- Good that you're feeling better about the non-job. I hope another good opportunity comes your way soon!

Jess- Good luck at WI. Hope your new leader is super nice and motivational.

Lisa- Here's my reminder for you, in case you forget: DIET COKE DIET COKE DIET COKE Good luck with it!

Jayne- Steamed veggies--you just put me in the mood for a big bowl of steamed broccoli with lemon juice- yum!

Kier- Have fun tonight. Maybe you'll get a spiffy replacement for NF I need to meet myself some of these wonderful guys!

Kirsty- Hope you manage to get home and are not stranded in the office or some equally dire situation. The cheesecke sounds yummy though!

Ok, I'm off!

Cat
Old 07-18-2002, 04:26 PM   #22  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Cat good luck with the exam the spiffy replacements are tommorrow night and if i find 2 good ones i'll put one aside for ya -- btw in re to the lab partners NEVER share grades its just a good policy b/c ppl get resentful and nothings worse than lab sabotage!
BELLE! hotdamm you are a round # baby!
Jess i dont feel like working either! and btw C is for COOKIE but if you dont have points to spare its for carrot
KT my thoughts and prayers are with ya sweets but if he knows he needs to find someoen to talk to thats a step in the right direction Huuuge hugs for you lady
Jayne A. I love the way you spell your name and B does pampered chef have a website? b/c i want the steamer!!
Lisa Darling! Diet Coke b/c regular tastes like drinking cornsyrup ( i keep telling myself that!)

went to a friends for lunch but i brought my own sandwich and fruit but when i got back here i felt sick alll disoriented so I had 2 hersheys special dark mini's (i ate them slowly i was proud of me) and a coffee with cream but no sugar and now i'm sipping my water hoping to feel human soon and i'm working late again! arg tommorrows my day off and a doc apointment so i'm going for a WI *gulp*
lets alll hope its a smaller # and if not i get new resolve
Jen is your running challenge going to be treadmill friendly (i run slow and its tooo darn hot to run outside here)
Old 07-18-2002, 04:26 PM   #23  
KS pride-Seminole country

Smile Quick, but WOOHOO!

Sorry girls, can't chat.. but just wanted to share the news.. I got the job!! I'm sooo excited, espcially because this is the first job I haven't had to say "May I take your order?" and the dress is actually "business casual".

Okay, well back to studying. In about an hour I'm heading off to workout before the study group. This stuff is gettingeasier, and I'm actually able to teach it to others. now that's a good feeling!

okay.. quick HELLO ALL!

lucy
Old 07-18-2002, 04:29 PM   #24  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

LUCY WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
Old 07-18-2002, 05:12 PM   #25  
Proud Canadian

Way to go Lucy!! Sounds great. When do you start?

Thanks everyone for all your encouragement. You're such a great bunch.

KT
Old 07-18-2002, 05:14 PM   #26  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Not much time to write, but I am so lost...is it so wierd to eat corn on the cob that's been cut in half, then frozen by the folks at Green Giant? How does that scare you guys??? There must be something I'm not getting...
BTW, steamers can be seen at www.pamperedchef.com...
I need a pat on the back, because when I was held up and couldn't get home in time for lunch, I stopped at McDonald's. I ordered a Grilled Chicken, no mayo, small fry, and a diet coke...an eleven point lunch. Not quite what I had planned, but definitely doable. So they gave me a fillet of fish, a supersize fry, and a coke. I traded in the sandwich and soda (they made me keep the fries) and gave me an apple pie to compensate me for my inconvenience. I could have cried smelling it. BUT...I ate my sandwich, 3 fries, and drank my diet coke...didn't even touch the pie! I feel like I won the lottery on willpower. Incidentally, anyone know how many points is an apple pie from McD's? It's sitting in my fridge, and I'm wondering if I should chuck it or save it for a treat tomorrow when I can afford the points?
Old 07-18-2002, 08:01 PM   #27  
Water Freak

Just wanted to say A BIG HUGE CONGRATS TO LUCY ON THE JOB!

and also, AN EQUALLY HUGE CONGRATS TO JAYNE ON NOT EATING THE PIE!

And that's quite enough for large type for now

Kier- I generally don't tell my grades unless I know the other person has something really similar to me. It was a total accident. He asked if I had gotten a problem right and if he couls see how I did it, and wouldn't you know but my grade was right there over it, so there was no way he couldn't see him. But yeah, blurting grades out is generally bad, I agree.

Belle- missed your post earlier somehow- congrats on the loss! 0.6 is still good!

Cat
Old 07-18-2002, 09:05 PM   #28  

ok ive done this twice before...i started my points monday and have done well all week so far..not gonna weigh until mon morning. this weekend will be a challenge. you all seem so supportive of each other! so nice to read of all your successes. ill check back..152 now 142 goal....
Old 07-22-2002, 06:28 PM   #29  

ok, well one week later, should have said 152.5 last week, and now...(drum roll)..150.5. im smiling. i had a crappy sunday too! had family in and cooked all day.

everyone keep it up i love reading!

carol
Closed Thread