Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2002, 12:48 AM   #16  

Slavika Yes you are right I did have a Dell (I now have a Fujitsu Lifebook ) but regarding your question, it should not matter what computer you use it is more what your email system is you are using.
In Outlook Express, depending on the attachment you can click on the 'paperclip', or if it is a Microsoft Office document, click on the embedded symbol, ie 'Word Doc'. I do notice at work the set up is a little different, I use Microsoft Outlook at work.
It should be quite easy but if all else fails go to the 'help' menu

Good luck
Maria
Old 07-23-2002, 07:35 AM   #17  

Default Welcome back Ann

We missed you and are glad you are back. If you only gained 4 lbs I say you did good. Maria how nice that the son and ex are friends and that you can stay friends with her. That must lighten the load. Lily what does one do for the time you are wrapped up like a mummy? Just lay there? Are your arms imobile? I just know that I would have an itch or have to use the bathroom. But since it is free for you I would definitely do it. I take Premarin and still have been having some night hot flashes recently. I was thinking of working soy into my diet-I am just not sure how to go about it. It just doesn't look very appealing.
Old 07-23-2002, 09:26 AM   #18  
Net browser

Maria thanks my friend has AOL... does that help. Mine is Outlook Express and I have the paperclip thing. I wonder if she has shut something off, like it shouldn't be that difficult to find the attachment. I'm sure they wouldn't hide it. LOL LOL
Old 07-23-2002, 10:58 AM   #19  
Fun Blonde

Wow, what a lot of posts! Ann, it is great to hear from you again. Sounds like you had fun.

I have a favor to ask of you. Went yesterday for my blood work test results and was disappointed. The number was up, so we are doing the test again and will get the results tomorrow. It is still in the "normal" range, but this is the way my recurrence came about too, just numbers creeping up. I am very nervous and scared.
Glenda
Old 07-23-2002, 02:10 PM   #20  
Net browser

Hi Glenda I don't know exactly how those numbers you are talking about work, or even what they indicate. The fact that the numbers are in the NORMAL range must be GOOD. Can other things affect the numbers....like diet, stress, colds or stuff like that?
Have you had a chance to speak with your doctor yet or will you just wait until you get the results tomorrow? Really I just want you to know that I am thinking about you, and try not to be scared. I just re-read what I typed and it doesn't seem to say what I wanted it to. I am the world's biggest hugger and I do that really well, so if you were here with me now I would give you a big tight hug. Let's pretend that I did.
Old 07-23-2002, 02:52 PM   #21  
Fun Blonde

Every woman could have a CA-125 test. It is a tumor marker for ovarian cancer, but it isn't useful unless you have had the disease. Then you want the number to stay under 35. Mine has been consistently 4, 5, 6, or 7. So when it goes to 12 with me, it can mean some bad activity. It is still in the normal range, but just suspicious. Will let you know how the next one does. Thanks. That hug felt good. Glenda
Old 07-23-2002, 06:56 PM   #22  

G'day all,

Heaps of positive vibes from 'down under' as well Glenda, I agree with everything Slavika said but I can understand your concern.

Slavika I am not at all familiar with AOL, so cannot shed any light on your friend's problem. I agree it cannot be that difficult. In my experience I always seem to make the problem greater than what it is and dismiss the simplest solution as being just too simple. Invariable that is exactly the solution

Peggy I eat bread with soy and linseed, which is supposed to be really good for the mature lady it taste great, just like a multi-grain bread. The only difference is that it goes stale a bit quicker than other breads.

I received the following in an email this morning and thought I would share
My husband and I divorced over religious differences. He thought he was God and I didn't!
>
> I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
>
> I work hard because millions on welfare depend on me!
>
> Some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill them.
>
> I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
>
> Dont' take life too seriously, you won't get out alive.
>
> You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me.
>
> Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.
>
> EARTH IS THE INSANE ASYLUM FOR THE UNIVERSE....(this is good!)
>
> Quoting one is plagiarism; quoting many is research.
>
> Out of my mind. Back in five minutes!
>
> God must love stupid people, he made so many.....
>
> The gene pool could use a little chlorine.
>
> Consciousness: that annoying time between naps.
>
> Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?
>
> Wrinkled was not one of the things I wanted to be when I grew up....
>
> Rehab is for quitters.
>
> My dog can lick anyone...
>
> Finally 21, and legally able to do everything I've been doing since I was
> 15...
>
> A hangover is the wrath of grapes..
>
> Stupidity is not a handicap - park elsewhere!
>
> They call it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was already taken.
>
> He who dies with the most toys is nonetheless dead..
>
> "Police Station toilet stolen" .....Cops have nothing to go on.
>
> The meek shall inherit the earth, after we're thru with it.
>
> Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana (get itttttt?)
>
> HAM AND EGGS - a day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a
> pig.
>

Have a great day,
Cheers
Maria
Old 07-23-2002, 10:29 PM   #23  
Member Florida Chick

Thumbs down Wonderful summer!

Glenda: A hug from here too, and also a prayer that the numbers will turn out to be okay. Sometimes labs make mistakes.

Maria: Great fun. Thanks. I can identify with the item about wrinkles. That wasn't in my plan either. I much prefer to look at myself in the mirror without my glasses on.

Peggy: Try some of the Boca burgers. They are soy. Also they make a great Pizza(Boca Pizza) pepperoni or sausage, but it is soy, not meat. And tasty. My DH really likes them. I also use soy cheese quite often. There is also a soy product for menopause symptoms, but can't remember the name of it right now. I have not tried soy milk, but have heard it is okay.

Karen: What is the subject for this week. I have to weigh in on Sat. I have lost 1 lb. since I got home. I have started exercising again, and that sure does make a difference. I couldn't exercise much at all while we were away.

Trudi: How are things with you?

Slavika: Have you solved the computer problem? I use Internet explorer for my email. If I get an attachment, I click on the paper cilip and usually it opens right up. But if it is a forward, I sometimes have to right click on it, again in order to open it.

We are slowly getting things settled, but still a ways to go. I found some wonderful Magnolia Swags to put over the doors. One of my favoite flowers. Still want to put a small shelf in the bathroom and also a small mirror. Our master bathroom has two
areas. I want the shelf and mirror in the shower area. Time will tell.

Good night all. Ann
Old 07-24-2002, 04:56 PM   #24  
Fun Blonde

I just got a phonecall from my doctor with the newest test. It was down from a 12 to a 9. That is still higher than normal, but I am so relieved. We will test again in 6 weeks, but for now I don't have to think about it until Sept. 4th. Yea! I asked the doc if stress could affect it, and they really don't know, but if it could, that is what happened. My job has been nothing but stress.
Thanks for the hugs and prayers. Glenda
Old 07-24-2002, 07:30 PM   #25  

just quickly checking the board before going to my chiro.
Great news Glenda, bet you feel relieved
Now make sure you don't think about it until Sept 4!!!

Gotta go
Maria
Old 07-24-2002, 07:45 PM   #26  
Net browser

Hi Everybody

Glenda excellent news. You are well within the normal range so try not to think about it again until they do the test again on September 4th.

Being diabetic, I check my blood sugar levels every day. Sometimes, I check it, and then I re-check, and without fail I will get a different number.....not by much, but a little. When I saw the doctor this last time my blood pressure was up a little (in the normal range, but up). He said maybe I was worried about coming off estrogen, or it could be because I am still carrying those extra pounds I gained on my winter holiday, lots of different things. Anyway, yesterday when I was at the drugstore I tested it on one of those machines you stick your arm in. I tested it 3 times, and got different figures each time. Who knows why??

I got an e-mail from my friend and she said that they solved the problem about attachments. She said she has to use a "download feature" to accomplish this. I'm not sure what she meant, but I guess it's working. Thanks all for your input.
Old 07-24-2002, 10:48 PM   #27  
Life Time 2001

Slavika: I know nothing about AOL mail. There is nothing to shut off. Glad she figured it out. AOL must be really different than what I have ever seen

Glenda: So glad to hear it was good news. {{{{{Hugs}}}}}}

Maria: Got to love those kids dont you? 12 CDs is alot! Loved the sayings! To funny!

Peggy: Soy, like Ann said Boca is great! They make just about everything. Love there sausages, taste to me like Polish sausage. Also Luna Bars have soy. There are even Soy Crisps (potato chips) that are pretty good. Spend some time in the health food asile at your store you will find alot.

http://www.bocaburger.com/
http://www.lunabar.com/
http://www.genisoy.com/

Ann: I love Magnolias. That swag sounds beautiful!

Been busy as usual. Spend way to much time working. Even for WW lately. Seems Im never home anymore. ALAS.......

Best get some sleep.

Night all!
Old 07-25-2002, 01:36 AM   #28  

Glenda glad your numbers dropped. I know how worried you must have been.
Ann The topic this week has been my least favorit part of Weight Watchers. Activity Yuk! I do it but I hate it. Don't like to sweat!!!! And all my members know this. So I've been doing my own thing this week,and it's been more fun we do talk a bit about the activity but not the whole meeting.
Lily are your community meetings turning into Traditional meetings in the fall. We are have a big change over here in the central states. I only do traditional meetings . But some leaders only do Community and At Work they have to all be retrained because the paper work is all different. What Fun!
Got to go just couldn't resist posting a quick one.
Karen
Old 07-25-2002, 07:34 AM   #29  

Glenda I am sending you a late hug. I am so glad the numbers came down. Who knows why these things happen. I would imagine some of the stress from your work would have something to do with it. Stay calm and forget about it till the next time. I am going to lunch today with 2 old high school friends. I'll be back later. Peggy
Old 07-25-2002, 08:06 AM   #30  
Member Florida Chick

Yay Glenda. Glad your numbers came down. No more worry! Not even in September. Okay? Worry just makes us feel bad and doesnt accomplish much else.

More another time, as we have to go for our morning walk before it gets too hot. Ann
Closed Thread