Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2002, 08:53 AM   #1  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default It feels wrong to be working this Friday

Here's Friday's thread, for those of us unfortunate enough to be stuck at work after a fun holiday...
Old 07-05-2002, 09:07 AM   #2  
One Sick Puppy

Well, I don't know how many of us are stuck at work, but I know I'm here and not at all happy about it. How was everyone's holiday? Hopefully a good one. Mine ended up being really cool. I went to my friend Kevin's to watch fireworks. He lives on a hill and you can see most of West Omaha from his deck. So, a bunch of us took lawn chairs out around dark and watched fireworks. It was amazing! There were just TONS going off because it seemed like every house that you could see from his deck was doing something. It was just unbelievable. It was made even better because BF was there. With his schedule, he hardly ever is able to come to things like that, so it was nice that he could.

I was also pretty successful at staying away from the food last night. I managed to turn down cheesecake, but munched a little on the nachos and had a few pieces from the cheese tray. AND, I didn't even consume any alcohol.

I'm happy to say that the computers are back up and I have work to do. (I never thought I'd say that.)

Will check in later.
Old 07-05-2002, 09:37 AM   #3  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Morning Jess!
I'm not at work but starting tuesday I will be !!!!
which will be great $ wise but crap gym wise
Your 4th sounds wonderful!!!
I just went to the fireworks SSDY but there was definitely more patriotism than prior years
Does anyone know thepoints for aria womens protien?
I'm checking out stuff on WLS not that im giving up on WW but I want to see all my options and i'm gettin old dammit nd rickety lol
good on you Jess for staying away frm the goodies I was less successful than u but todays a new da and i have a party to go so low points all day and shes having a sushi platter and a sorbet cak so its LOW FAT and if its good oooh baby i'm buyin one
bbl
Old 07-05-2002, 10:11 AM   #4  
Bono Fanatic!

Unhappy Yuck!

Yes, I'm at work today too.... I feel like one of about 10 people in the city that had to come to work today. We get out at 2, which is nice, but it doesn't make up for the fact that we shouldn't be here at all!!

Jess - Sounds like you had a really nice holiday! Great job avoiding the alcohol (I can't do that! ) and I'm so glad you got to spend time with BF!

Kier - Congrats on the new job! Have fun at the party today!

I have eaten like a PIG for the past few days! I am just waiting for this weekend to be over so I can get back on track. With my b-day and the fourth and all of these food festivals that I have been going too, I haven't been doing very well. But, I plan on running when I get out of work today, so that should make me feel a bit better.

I had a good b-day and a nice day yesterday. On Wed., I went for drinks with some friends and then went to the lakefront to watch the fireworks (the city of Chicago does their fireworks show on the 3rd - must be for my b-day! ) Yesterday, I went to the beach and then to the movies. Very relaxing after a night spent drinking!
Old 07-05-2002, 10:44 AM   #5  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

You said it..... it totally feels wrong to even be here.

Okay.... so food wise I did well. In fact, at the beach house we grilled cheeseburgers... but I didn't wat one... I brought up a subway sandwhich and had that... I was good. Then last night my roommate and I went for ice cream, but I didn't eat any dinner... so I was still within my points range. UNTIL I went out drinking last night. 1 Southen COmfort Shot, 1/2 scorpion bowl, 1 water melon shot and a Capt and diet. AGH! But it was fun.

Went to NH for the 3rd and part of the 4th. My roommate and I drove back to boston to go out last night. There are all these ships docked here for Harborfest.... so there were sailors everywhere. I met a nice sailor named Mike and he was wearing his whites!!! Which are so sexy. He has my number and says he wants to hang out tonight... but since boys never call me, I doubt he'll call... but if he does that'll be fun!

Sean and Jay haven't called yet, but then again I told them I'dbe out of town until today... we'll see. If not, I'm doing well meeting people lately, and so I won't be bummed.

Jess - I'm sorry you're at work too. SOunds like you had a nice 4th.. and I'm glad your bf was around for it.

KO -what's WLS? Just wondering.

Jen - sounds like you had a great b-day... I'm sure that's why they do the fireworks on the 3rd. Wow - that's pretty cool... fireworks for your birthday.

Alright ladies... talk to you soon.

Lisa
Old 07-05-2002, 11:43 AM   #6  
Proud Canadian

Hi everyone.

Well, us Canuks didn't have a holiday yesterday but it's nice to hear you yanks had some fun. Our newspaper is on strike and I haven't been home to watch the news on TV so I have no idea what's going on in the world. I've had such a bad week. I feel like a major pig. I stepped on the scale this morning and it seems I'm up 5 pounds. I rarely use my scale at home but I know what I was after my last WI on it and I know I'm up. Of course it doesn't help that it's PMS time and I'm retaining more water than the Holland Dikes. I have hives on my feet today that make me feel like I'm walking on golf balls and rolling pins. It's actually painful to have your skin stretched as far as it is. Unfortunately, the only thing I can do to make them go away is take a benedryl and they make me sleepy so I can't take one till I get home from work. Wow, quite the ***** fest for me. Sorry but sometimes it feels really good to vent.

Jess - way to abstain! Glad you got to enjoy some fireworks.

Kier - let us know what the sorbet cake is like (I've never heard of it)

Jen - I missed your birthday - happy belated!

Lisa - you are a man magnet!

Hello to everyone else out there. We're slowing down a bit at work so I'll try to check in later.

KT
Old 07-05-2002, 12:03 PM   #7  
Cockeyed Optimist

Hi All -

Sounds like the Americans all had a good 4th.

Jess - so glad you got to enjoy the holiday in the company of your BF.

Kier - Congrats on the new job. What are you doing?

Jen - glad the b-day went well. Enjoy your run today. Any plans with the boy for this weekend?

Lisa- Sailors!?! I personally like Marines but Sailors would do!

KT - vent away - that's what we're here for. Hope you feel better soon.

Enjoyed the fireworks downtown last night. The balcony I was on was nearly directly under the building they shot them off of. The party was fun too although I was ready to leave by 10PM.

Had an interview this morning for a job as an Events Planner. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Winter
Old 07-05-2002, 02:07 PM   #8  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Wow - I hope I don't sound like a floosey... I'm not one. I'm behaving myself... it's just that it's summer and I'm going out more... and I'm finally getting some confidence... really I'm not diong anything that I shouldn't - just talking and meeting people and maybe a kiss or two...

Winter.... I like marines too... although I hate that they wear blue and black together... oh well. Yeah, the sailor was wearing his whites and his hat and everything... very cute! He kept putting his hat on my head to wear.... FUN!

KT - I'm SO sorry... hives on your feet? Where do thy come from? Are you allergic to something? I sure hope ll your ailments are soon gone!!!! I wish I was a man magnet... sometime I feel like a man-repellant! But lately, I think I've just been more outgoing. This is all very new for me!

Lisa
Old 07-05-2002, 03:07 PM   #9  
Cockeyed Optimist

Lisa - Don't be silly! You don't sound like a floozie. You sound exactly like I've been feeling the last few months. Someone whose finally in reasonable enough shape to feel self-confident and be considered attractive for the first time or the first time in a very long time and is simply enjoying those feelings. Personally, I like hearing about your stories - at least I know I'm not alone on this journey!

About those Marines. Their uniforms are ugly. But the best set of shoulders that I ever dated belonged to a Marine.

Winter
Old 07-05-2002, 03:42 PM   #10  
One Sick Puppy

Angry Taking a Break

Hello, again. I've been a productivity animal today, so I thought I kind of owe it to myself to take a little break and say hello again.

Kier--A sorbet cake? Sorbet and cake used together pretty much always equals something I'm sure to enjoy.

JenK--You're probably out of work by now, enjoying your afternoon, sigh... I'm still stuck here in my cubicle, wishing I were at home. What sucks worse is that I have to work at my second job until 8 tonight and work again tomorrow from 9-1. Sigh... I suppose the money will be nice.

Lisa--That is so cool about the sailor. We don't see too many of those here in Nebraska, since we pretty much have no water around here... There is an Air Force Base close by, but those guys are all kind of strange in an undefinable sort of way. I hope he calls you! You really make me wish I were single--I miss going out and meeting guys. My BF is great, don't get me wrong, but sometimes he makes me so mad that I wonder if it's worth it. Then I start thinking about being single and how I never had to put up with BS like I do now. Sometimes I really do wish I were single (and if he keeps up the crap that he pulls all the time, I may be again soon!). But until then, you gotta keep the stories coming for my excitement, if for nothing else!!

KT--How awful to have hives on your feet! I'm sorry you're having such a crappy day and I hope it gets better for you, poor thing. And vent away! I do it all the time!

Winter--An events planner? That sounds like a super-fun job! I'm crossing my fingers for you!!

OK, back to work. The computer restore is complete and I have see what's been lost in the last 4 days... If I don't make it back, everyone have a great weekend!!!
Old 07-05-2002, 03:42 PM   #11  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

WInter - thanks! I'm glad I'm not alone... going out is definately more fun than it used to be. Yes - marines are quite nice. My best freinds boyfriend of 4 years is a marine.

Have a great weekend.... I think I'm going to head out of here a little early!

Lisa
Old 07-06-2002, 12:16 AM   #12  
Running Babe

Hiya All,

Wow it's late... Lisa, yeah I am on a meeting guy blitz too, tons of hugs and what not, yeah I had a lot of fun this summer...

I have a question for you all, if you have a boyfriend, how would you feel if he wanted to hang out with a girl from his past and still compliments her on how pretty she is etc? Maybe I'll ask this question next week when more are around etc.

I think I am pretty much back at my summer weight, I just want to start being more consistant with my weight training. I want to look even more toned..

Oh and I had a date Sunday and the guy got sick though it (although he had told me prior to the date that he wasn't feeling too well), so we ended the date early, but hey I have heard from him since He bought me chocolate and I haven't even had 1 piece yet (Lindor's too, my favorite!!)..

Take Care!

Ali
Closed Thread