Old 08-06-2009, 07:24 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Morning all and happy Thursday to everyone... looks like it is going to be a beautiful day today... which is good because I need to get out and get some walking in.

DH and I went to see Crosby, Stills and Nash last night at the outdoor concert park that we have here, it is down town by the river and just a beautiful venue to see a show at. We had a great time and the concert was awesome... they still sound great and played all of our favorites. We have tickets to see the Moody Blues at the end of the month at the same place and I am really looking forward to that. Did not have time to eat before we went and the food choices were not healthy at all but I got a hotdog and a bottle of water...

Lin: What a great way to earn activity points!

Have to run, lots to do today!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 12:32 AM   #32  
Turtle Buddy

Hi, Everyone,

Wow, you all are quiet today.

Princess, I envy you. I love those groups. I hope you had and will have a great time!!

I took my dh to PF Chang's for dinner. He'd never been there. It was really good and I had a lot of points left for the week. Since tomorrow's weigin day and they all go away, I decided to order what I wanted, but eat small portions. I came home and toted up the points. It was not low-point, but not way out of control, either. I'm happy with the end result. We'll see what the scale says tomorrow. All I know is that the jeans I've been squeezing into when they come out of the dryer were loose today.

Weighin report tomorrow.

Rather than writing another post, I decided to edit this one to report my weighin results: down .5 pounds. Going the right direction and not too quickly. I'm a happy camper today.

Keep on turtlin'!

Last edited by Lin S; 08-07-2009 at 02:17 PM.
Lin S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 04:47 PM   #33  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Lin, : weigh to go!
Excellent results.

Hi Turtles, I'm back from a great visit with my college roommates. We met in Chicago and I had so much fun and the food was delicious and I think I didn't gain much weight.
Judy
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 12:13 PM   #34  
Turtle wanna be

S/C/G: 302/240/170

Height: 5.4"

Wink I'm Baaacck

I am back from the union conference. I think I did ok on my eating considering. I did choose to eat cake at the formal dinner/dance. But o-well
I used the hotel gym every day. I kinda liked it. Took a while to figure out the electronic machines. I have never used them before.

Lauren - How's the walking goal coming along?

Judy - Isn't it fun to chum around with your old pals?

Lin - I have always wanted to go to PF Chang's. Congrats on the scale Going the right direction. A bunch of Baby steps in a row all add up!

Princess - You sound like you love music as much as I do. Have you ever heard of Pandora.com it's a radio station online. It customizes to you preferences and the more you play it the more it learns what you like.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 693367215.jpg (3.5 KB, 28 views)
msmeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 10:16 AM   #35  
Chick

Hi, I'm here, just don't have time to write.
Keep on keepin' on, all you Turtles!
Judy
Old 08-09-2009, 10:30 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning, turtles:

Princess - sounds like you had a great time at your concert. I really like live performances as well.

Lin - congrats on your weight loss. Feels good on the scales.

Msmeri - welcome back & nice job on your choices while away. Good to get in some exercise, that really helps.

Judy - hi there! Hope you are doing well.

As for myself - I was up 2# at the scales last Wed, so wasn't very happy about that. But, I should know by now that alittle extra this & that & NO walking = weight gain at the scales.

I have been away at trailer the last few days & didn't do too bad with my eating. A man friend of mine came up yesterday to help me wash my trailer & brought huge steaks. So I ate 1/2 & had made a big veggie platter with light dip & had that. We also grilled up some boiled potatoes, but I only had a few of those. And night before, since I ate alone I made a big salad with grilled chicken.

You know, sometimes I think we can cheat and it won't show up at scales & sometimes it doesn't. But, soon enough it will. And that is what happened - I got away with it a few weeks, then BOOM it showed up.

My goal this week is to stay OP and get in my walks.

Have a great OP day!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 01:28 PM   #37  
Turtle wanna be

Wink Sunday

Bandit - You can do it!
Old 08-10-2009, 10:53 PM   #38  
Turtle Buddy

Hi, All,

Judy, nice to hear the good report from your trip! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Ms. Meri--way cool on using the hotel gym. We have a fitness center at our apartment complex, but I don't know how to use the machines properly. I wish they'd have someone come in occasionally to show us how they work.

Pandora is cool.

Bandit, nice to hear you're doing well. Hang in there. Sometimes those things that show up on the scale go away, especially if they create a new commitment for you. Good luck this week!

I'm doing OK this week. I was feeling frustrated, like I usually get with figuring out points and recording everything. It's easier with the online tools, but because I don't cook the same things very often, it's time-consuming to figure out points for all the recipes I do. I've given up in the past over this, but today, I didn't let myself go there. I just made good choices and did the tracking.

I also realized why portion sizes are such a problem for me. It's my vision. Because my depth perception is messed up, I can't judge sizes without measuring. I usually choose the wrong size bowl to put leftovers in, for example. So, I can't use the guidelines and just eyeball it. I get too much or too little. All that weighing and measuring make extra dishes and take extra time. But if I want to succeed, that's one of the sacrifices I have to make--taking the time to weigh and measure my food.

Keep on turtlin'!
Old 08-11-2009, 04:53 AM   #39  
Turtle wanna be

Wink

Lin ~ With all the extra effort you are putting in, you are sure to have success! That's is the most eye opening thing about WW. Portion awareness. When I went to Olive Garden I instantly saw my plate had MORE then 3 servings on it. In the past I would just inhale it & ask for desert too. I no longer eat chips out of the bag, mindlessly. Pizza is still an issue, but I guess we all have an Achilles heal.

Sunday night while making dinner I choose to have a little ready pac of carrots & ranch dip. Just over 2 oz. Less then 10 baby carrots. While I was eating it I used my calculator for points. 70cal, 5 fat, 1 fiber. Not bad 2 points right? No look closer, it says per serving. How many servings could possibly be in a little 2oz container?.....
DRUM ROLL PLEASE......3,
3 servings I tell you.
What a rip off.

Manufactures need to get a clue. Not just use a smaller portion so the nutrition numbers are smaller. That is deceiving.

well it's 1am time to get off soap box
Old 08-11-2009, 06:39 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Morning all and happy Tuesday to everyone! DH and I went shopping last night to get his suit for the wedding... Wow! Mens suits are expensive! But he looks great in the one that we picked out so it was worth it.

Food has not been good for me this week... I need to get back in the groove!

Have to run, lots to do today!
Princess
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 10:33 AM   #41  
Chick

I'm still here and eating well. and to all of us. I'll be back later to post responses.
Judy
Old 08-11-2009, 12:42 PM   #42  
Turtle wanna be

Wink 5 Foods to Avoid if You Have Diabetes

Fried Foods

French fries and other fried foods are loaded with saturated fat, sodium, and calories. Although many fast-food restaurants offer trans-fat-free fries, trans fat can hide in other places. Big, cheesy hamburgers, chicken and fish sandwiches, and shakes can all have trans fat.

Just because a food item is trans-fat-free doesn't make it healthy. Here's a look at the nutritional breakdown for an order of large French fries from three fast-food chains:

Burger King*
580 calories
23 g total fat
6 g saturated fat
990 mg sodium
74 g carbohydrate
0 mg cholesterol

Hardee's*
470 calories
21 g total fat
4 g saturated fat
1,040 mg sodium
65 g carbohydrate
4 mg cholesterol

McDonald's*

500 calories
25 g total fat
3.5 g saturated fat
350 mg sodium
63 g carbohydrate
0 mg cholesterol

*Nutrition information from the restaurants' Web sites

Saturated fat is the leading factor in high cholesterol levels. However, there is no need to cut out saturated fat completely -- the American Heart Association recommends limiting saturated fat to 7 percent of your total daily calories.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:44 PM   #43  
Turtle wanna be

Wink 5 Foods to Avoid if You Have Diabetes

Pizza

Pizza ranks high among favorite foods in the United States. It's delicious, convenient, and you can eat it with your hands, plus it's an icon of football games, birthday parties, and movie nights. The downside is that many commercially made pizzas are full of calories that can blow a meal plan in one slice.

A takeout-pizza tip: Cut sodium, fat, and calories by choosing a thin-crust pizza with veggies or lean meats like ham or chicken, and resist extra cheese.

Here's a breakdown of one slice of hand-tossed 14-inch (large) cheese pizza:

Domino's Pizza*
248 calories
3 g saturated fat
490 mg sodium
34 g carbohydrate

Papa John's*

280 calories
3 g saturated fat
700 mg sodium
38 g carbohydrate

Pizza Hut*

320 calories
6 g saturated fat
820 mg sodium
38 g carbohydrate

Frozen pizza is also convenient, but many varieties are high in calories, sodium, carbs, and fat. Here is the nutrition information for one slice of these popular frozen pizzas:

California Pizza Kitchen Four Cheese Pizza*
330 calories
8 g saturated fat
690 mg sodium
31 g carbohydrate

DiGiorno Four Cheese Pizza*
310 calories
5 g saturated fat
830 mg sodium
40 g carbohydrate

*Nutrition information from companies' Web sites
Old 08-12-2009, 12:33 AM   #44  
Turtle Buddy

Ms. Meri--my solution is to make my own. I can make whole wheat crust and use much less fat and salt in the toppings. Plus, it tastes better.

Keep on turtlin'!
Old 08-12-2009, 03:21 AM   #45  
Chick

Hey Lin,
You're at about the weight I was when I rejoined WW's. You're doing great. Here's to a : this week.

I WI this morning.
Judy
234.6/206/204 and into onederland soon.