Old 06-05-2009, 07:25 PM   #16  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Msmeri, good luck tomorrow on your 5K! What an accomplishment training for this has been. Weigh to go.

Bandit, you're doing so great. I was pleased for you when you went to TOPS since you and I had been yo-yoing a lot longer than we wanted to. I'm so glad you found something that works for you.

Lauren too, you found something that has been wonderful for : and now you're tweaking even more. Weigh to go. I haven't tried the ff creams, but I have a friend who makes Linguine Alfredo with the ff half and half and people say it tastes great. Hmmmm.

Chrily and Donna, how you doing?
Lady, good for you for exercising and I like your attitude about eating out /sometimes it's great, but other times it is just too much.

Princess, you're welcome about the plan I'm doing right now. I like it a lot and I'm finally getting results.
Gotta run, you all take care and have a great weekend.
Judy
234.6/211.2/209.6 close to 25# down and my first major goal!
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 11:38 AM   #17  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Feeling mighty hungry right now. I wonder if that's because I'm bored. I got a lot of work done--planted my tiny basil plants outside, and then did a good amount of housework and am hemming my pants that have been sitting for at least a month. I guess this morning I'm playing catch up and it's boring, but productive.

I hope someone chimes in today.
Judy
234.6/211.2/209.6/thinner into 25# down
Old 06-07-2009, 03:12 PM   #18  
Turtle wanna be

S/C/G: 302/240/170

Height: 5.4"

Wink Super Sunday

Well all goes well. Just ate 3 servings of mini cheddar cheese rice cakes and feeling guilty. Lost .6 on Wednesday. Saturday morning at the 5k was great. We were faced with a few challenges. Two girls were late getting to my house, one didn't eat so I fixed her up. Then DH got us lost, it was only about 45 min away from our house, and we have been there more then 20 times, (but usually it's covered in snow) but somehow when we were running late the worse happens. But nothing was going to stop us. After turning around @ Lake Hemet we finally found the place. We rushed out of the van to go potty and sent DH to get us signed in. We had our numbers pinned on with 10 min left till start time. There were a lot of people there, They all seemed to know each other. (some People had there dogs too) We were the fattest ones there. And we choose to wear white shirts so we looked alike (you know how flattering whit is) But we were not the last walkers across the finish line. Our time was 1 hour 4 min. We were spread out during the race kinda of paired off, but we waited at the top of the hill and all crossed together!

It was great. Back in January when we started our leader set this as one of our goals. At the time I thought I could never do that (forget about up and down on a mountain 5000+ foot level) This is just a starting point. I now know I can do anything physical I put my mind to. Loosing 50 pounds is so freeing. But I got to keep going.

Last edited by msmeri; 06-07-2009 at 03:15 PM. Reason: skipped sentence
msmeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 07:44 PM   #19  
Chick

MsMeri, what a wonderful accomplishment. Amazing and I loved how your group decided to cross the finish line together. That was so supportive and made a statement about how good you all are for each other. WEigh to go and congrats also on your WI and being down even more weight. You've lost a wonderful amount and the rest is going to get lost too!

Hi Turtles, hope you've all had a good weekend. Just back from seeing my darling grandson in his first gymnastics program. He loves it, is so cute, and really puts his heart and soul into it. Lots of fun. Now I'm beat and I'm going to rest!
Judy
234.6/211.2/209.6/ getting close to 25# down
Old 06-08-2009, 09:33 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Morning all and happy Monday to everyone. We had a wonderful weekend here weather wise... today it is cloudy and overcast with rain expected. I did well at W/I... was down 1.4 and I will gladly take that after the massive gain the week before.

Bandit: I will try the recipe, it sounds great!

Judy: Thanks again! You are doing great and like Lauren pointed out you are getting so close! Keep at it!

Lauren: You are doing so well, your stats look awesome! I totally understand about having to change things from time to time to keep things moving along.

Msmeri: Congrats! What a great job you did on your 5K! Awesome!

Chirily: How are you doing with your weight loss?

Lady: I agree with you about eating out, much easier to control and way cheaper! How was the movie? DH and I went to see a movie a few weeks back, it was the new Star Trek movie and even though DH is not a huge fan of that stuff he and I both really enjoyed the movie.

Hope I did not forget anyone! Have a great day!
Princess
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 12:40 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Good afternoon, everyone:

Msmeri - WOW good for you on the 5K, that is fabulous.

Princess - congrats on your weight loss, that is great.

Sounds like everyone is doing great, so keep it up!

Suppose to be cloudy & rainy up here all week, so that isn't nice.
Got my trailer grass cut & boy was it long, so have to keep on top of that now, but looks nice once it is all done.
Got abit of a cold/sore throat thing going on, so just had soup for lunch today. HIt the spot for a change.

Anyway, hope you are all having a great day. Be kind when it is time to go home. Will be laying low tonight since I don't feel great, probably skip my walk as well.

Take care
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 02:29 PM   #22  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Princess, Wow! : and to you. That's a great accomplishment!

Bandit, : feel better soon. Wow, I checked your stats too and I remember how breaking through into onederland was such a challenge, and now you're way under that. Weigh to go!

I'm pleased with my weight loss so far and hope to show another pound down by my Wednesday WI.

Good luck to us all. Keep on keepin' on! Onward and downward and all that good stuff!
Judy
234.6/211.4/209.6 and into 25# down and a sticker!
Old 06-09-2009, 07:23 PM   #23  

Hi all and happy Tuesday to everyone...

I got out for a couple of walks today with the dogs, not far but at least I got out. Food was good today, yesterday it was not so good... tomorrow it will be even better!

Congrats to all of those that are losing and staying on plan!

Maybe it is time for a challenge or something... to helps us all reach a goal or just get back on track... thoughts?

princess
Old 06-09-2009, 08:43 PM   #24  
Chick

Yes Princess, I love the idea of a challenge. We could make it a fourth of July goal. If you all agree, chime in.

Today was a good day--very important since I WI tomorrow. I know I've lost weight this week. I'm just not sure how much. :

Everybody have a good day, drink plenty of water, and keep on keepin' on.
Judy
234.6/211.4/209.6 for 25# down and getting closer to onederland
Old 06-10-2009, 10:32 AM   #25  

Morning, turtles:

Princess - yes, a challenge would be good & Judy mentioned July 4th so that would be fine.

Went to see Star Trek last night & really enjoyed the movie - was good to see how it all got started & special effects were amazing! Good night out.
Had popcorn for my dinner which might not be so good at scales tonight.
Plus I have had a cold this week & had lots of soup/bread for my meals. Which will be high in sodium, so not expecting for any losses this week.
But on the upside - I am feeling better today.

Hope you are doing well!
Old 06-10-2009, 12:23 PM   #26  
Chick

Hi Bandit,
Glad you're feeling better from your cold and I hope the scale treats you well.

I had a great WI today. I was down 3# which means that I met my first 25# goal. Yeah! WW now gives a metal circle with 25# engraved on it. The disc slips onto the key ring. I'm very proud to have it!

Here's my challenge to myself:
Between now and July 4th:
1. Lose 5#
2. Watch the WW CD and do arm exercises until my leg is good enough for walking.
3. Plan and drink my water
4. Keep focused on the positive!
Good luck to us all. What are your goals?
Judy
234.6/208.4/203.4 30# down and closer to onederland
Old 06-10-2009, 05:58 PM   #27  

My goals for the 4th of July

*Lose at least one pound a week (on average - due to TOM)
*Walk one mile, at least, each day.
*Start to do some strength training.
*Drink my water
*Keep my eating on track daily... ugh!

Have a great day all!
Princess
Old 06-11-2009, 09:34 AM   #28  

Morning, turtles:

Well I was up 1# last night at the scales, so have to do better next week.

Judy - congrats on your fabulous weight loss, that is great!

Judy/Princess - your goals look good & doable.

My goal by July 4th will be:

Lose 5#
Walk 10 miles/week
Journal
Stay away from chips on the weekends!
Old 06-11-2009, 10:59 AM   #29  
Turtle wanna be

S/C/G: 302/240/170

Height: 5.4"

Wink Hi guys

Lost 4 pounds last night at WI.

Still feeling motivated from the 5k fitness walk, have been within my points every day but 1 ever since. Our group is doing the sticker thing and after a month whoever is down the most gets a gift certificate.

bandit- have you tried rice cakes? I like chips too and I find the cheddar cheese mini rice cakes fills my desire.

princess- I just started strength/core training 3 days a week, about a week ago. I am not very good at it. But I can tell you, I am working parts of me I didn't know I had.

Judy- Did you injure your leg?

Goal for the 4th of July

Be down by 66 pounds (my half way mark)
Don't drink any achol (empty calories)
Keep busy (now unemployed for the summer)

I am working on putting up a picture of the walk
Will have the brat help me when he wakes up
I tried and it said was not a valid address or something
I think I need a URL
I don't know
msmeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:29 PM   #30  
Chick

Hey, the challenges are shaping up and so are we!
Msmeri, :
Weigh to go. That is a fantastic weight loss and I'm sure the 5K walk helped too. Yay!

No, I didn't injure my leg, but I have an ongoing problem with bursitis at my hip and my PA told me I have to stay off the until the inflammation goes down. I'm doing quite a bit better and I can't wait to get into a swimming pool and exercise that way. We've had storms and so much rain that I can't believe we are halfway into June. egads.
In any case, all be well, Bandit, you'll get that bit of a gain off and even more. Keep on keepin' on. If you want to chime in to get support over the weekend because you're worried you'll go off program, try it--I bet someone would be reading and sending you : Also, you have come so far and lost such a good amount of weight. Weigh to go!
Gotta run,
Judy
234.6/209.4/205.6 and into 30# down!