Old 05-27-2009, 12:32 PM   #31  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hi Turtles,
Gosh, I just bought some vanilla whey powder and some other ingredients. My sisters are all on an organic and healthy food kick and are having good results. I am going to try following their plan, pointing it out and making it work for me WW=style. My meeting is really good. I decided not to WI this morning. At home I was up about two pounds--but I had a very salty dinner last night, so I don't think I really gained that much.

You guys are hopping! Weigh to go. Bandit, good luck on your WI and Msmeri too.

I've gotta run and get some things done, but I'm reading this site all the time.
Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:45 PM   #32  
Turtle wanna be

S/C/G: 302/240/170

Height: 5.4"

Wink Food, food, I need food

OMG
I just ate a lean cuisine panini for 7 points and now I am starving
I swear I could chew on my key board
I am fine at lunch if I don't eat lunch
but the minute I do, I feel I can't stop
I just want to munch more
and I have no veggies cuz it's the end of the month
I just drank 32 oz of water
And am going to wait the 20 minutes they say it takes for your tummy to tell your brain it's full

Judy - I never thought about high salt dinners and stuff. That would totally add water weight. Wait till I tell the girls tonight.

bandit- Kitty cats..oh I miss the kitties. My chihuahuas are cat-like they are always on top of the furniture. And doggie day care! Now that's an idea. I would love to work at a place with animals, (wait I do; I work at a middle school) They would not even have to pay me. I tried a while to get a second job at a Pet Smart that opened up by me. No luck

Chrily-Wonder how her finger is doing. Hope it's not her right hand. Wishing she could go get treated. Wounder if her nail will turn black? Hopeing not

Hey guys all of a sudden my spell check is not there. Anybody know what I did or how to get it back?
msmeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 09:33 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Morning all and happy Thursday to everyone. Rainy here again today... I need to get out and weed the vegetable garden so I hope we get a break here soon from all of the wet weather.

Today is DH and my wedding anniversary... we have been married for five years now. Have plans to go out to supper tonight so that should be fun. DS is home from work sick today, he has a bad summer cold, at least I hope that is all that it is... I told him if at any point he thinks it is more then a cold to let me know and we would call the doctor.

msmeri: Do you have a garden area that you could grown your own vegetables? It really helps on the summer budget. I wish we had more room so that I could grow even more but we have a bit planted this year. I am really looking forward to the tomatoes!

Judy: I totally understand you not wanting to w/i... I have many of those moments myself =)

Bandit: Our dogs have everything that they need during the day while we are all at work so I don't feel bad about leaving them home... the German Shep has a very large crate that he stays in until he matures a bit more... had lots of chewing problems with him when we left him out so now he gets crated when no one is home. He does not mind so much... he has his blanket and his chew toys in there so he is ok. But I know what you mean about it all, I like cats too but we seem to be a dog family for now... lots of cats around the neighborhood though, they love to stroll by the house and taunt the dogs =) Since i am home now they get lots of attention.

All: Hope everyone is having a great day!

Princess
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 09:38 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning, turtles:

Judy - good luck with dropping that water weight, I know you can do it in no time. At Tops you don't have a choice about weighing in - if you decide not to you are not eligible for the contests etc.

Msmeri - I know what you mean about starving mode. I find if I have too much bread it just makes me hungrier than when I have protein. I always try & have some kind of protein at lunch & that helps keep me feeling full longer.

Chrily - hope your finger is better.

Princess - hope you are staying busy and not doing the "boredom snacking"
like I find myself doing.

I was down 1.75# last night making my total loss exactly 30# - so I was very happy about that considering I was just hoping not to be up since I had too
many extra treats over the weekend. I think my walking/swimming is really helping me out.

Rainy up here the last few days & suppose to keep raining til Saturday.
Getting together with gf this Saturday at my trailer & we have already planned on having fish for our dinner.

Have a great day, everyone!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:37 PM   #35  
Chick

to Bandit, oh my goodness! You are having a fabulous weight loss journey. Weigh to go!

Yes Turtles, I've started a little garden too. I am growing tomatoes right now and will plant the tiny seedling basil plants I'm growing indoors from seed. For mother's day I got a chia herb set and the dill and chives and basil seem to be sprouting nicely.
I've got bursitis and that's going to put my treadmill activity on the far back burner. I've been dealing with aches along my leg/knee/ankle for a while now and the PA in my doc's office confirmed the bursisits. She said swimming would be fine, so I'll have to make sure I do that.

Happy Anniversary to Princess and her dh!!!!! Enjoy the day. I like the way you're sounding. Keep up the good work.

As for me, I'm following a stringent low protein, good carbs and healthy oil eating plan. I pointed it out and it comes to exactly the 24 points I'm allowed on WW's. I'll let you know how I make out. In the meantime dh, dd and dd and dgrandson and I are heading out to a dude ranch (meals included) for the weekend. The timing is tough since I'm just into my new eating plan, but life and fun go on. I'm hoping the weather breaks and we can have some time outside.

Okay, gotta run. Have a wonderful weekend, stay on program, we're sounding really good and keep on keepin' on.
Judy
Old 05-28-2009, 07:59 PM   #36  
Turtle wanna be

Wink weirdness

Hi again guys...I posted this morning...but now I don't see it
and I don't see a 216...is the site ok? or is it me (could be)

anyway...I did it . I made my first goal. I lost 3.4 pounds last week putting me at 53.4 since January. We think that's about 10 pounds a month. I can say I really didn't try that hard eating anyway. It's all exercise. I used to sleep 12 hours every night, work my 3.5 and come home and watch 5 hours min of TV. So you could say I was a couch potato. The movement I am doing has allowed me to get in a size 24 for the first time since 1991.

Now if you ask me most girls loose a bit of weight and go down a few dress sizes. me I had to loose over 50 to go down 1 size. Is that normal?

bandit-I never thought about that. I hardley ever eat a sandwich I usually eat tuna. That panini was full of carbs. I'll have to keep an eye on it. thnx

princess-Happy Anniv I hope you an your hubbie go some place quiet. There is so many loud bar type restraunts (like Appelbeas I love the food but have a hard time with the background noise) I will be able to remember your anniv cuz today is my son's 19th birthday.

Judy- Good luck with your sister's program. I think you'll love the whey protein mix, that's what I have every morning but the chocolate kind with frozen strawberries and maybe a bananna. It really fills me up
Old 05-29-2009, 08:54 AM   #37  

Morning, turtles:

Msmeri - that is a fabulous loss & you have really done great with this.
Good for you. As far as the dress size thing, I read that if you are bigger it takes more # loss to drop sizes & when you get lighter it takes less # to drop sizes. Hope that makes sense.

Judy - dude ranch sounds fun. You & your family seem to have lots of different outtings. That is great.

Princess - hope you had a nice anniversary.
Funny thing - there is a lady I work with that looks alot like you & I have told her that before & no kidding, it was her anniversary yesterday as well.
THat is really freaky!

My goal this weekend is to make better choices over the weekend. Last weekend was brutal - once I got started it was total chaos.
I bought a bbq chicken on way home last night & ate 1/2 of that so will have the rest tonight with a zuccinni dish & sweet potatoe.
Also going to make a cabbage/beef dish to have on hand.
Maybe pre-planning abit more on weekends will keep me in check with the treats & bad choices.

Just on my way for my walk!

Rainy up here - oh well, can't cut the grass!

Have a great weekend!
Old 05-29-2009, 10:10 AM   #38  
Chick

MsMeri, my goodness!!!!!! I love your attitude. Going from a couch potato to an is wonderful. on your fabulous weight loss.
(Yeah, as far as changing dress sizes I recently went shopping, had lost about six pounds and had to go up in both the shirt and skirt size---maybe different manufacturers, etc. maybe I was at the top of my size--no matter what------we're all going to be slimmer and trimmer as we keep on keepin' on)
Princess, hope you had a happy anniversary. Five years is a nice milestone.
Bandit, we've got rain here too--dude ranch may not be all that exciting without nice weather but our dear grandson will keep us all hopping with or without nice weather. Half of our fun activities are the direct result of our dd looking for new experiences for her son and she loves to have us come along. We're blessed)

Also, Msmeri I hope I'm not stating the obvious, but when veggies and berries go on sale, I freeze them for future use. Maybe that would stretch your food dollar to work for you at the end of the month.

Okay, gotta run. I'm blessed to be in this group . We are cooking on all burners with this weight loss thing! By the way, yes, my pounds are gone from the salty dinner and I'm working on having good food while away.

Judy
234.6/212.2/209.6 thinner into onederland
Old 05-29-2009, 10:15 AM   #39  
Chick

MsMeri, my goodness!!!!!! I love your attitude. Going from a couch potato to an is wonderful. on your fabulous weight loss.
(Yeah, as far as changing dress sizes I recently went shopping, had lost about six pounds and had to go up in both the shirt and skirt size---maybe different manufacturers, etc. maybe I was at the top of my size--no matter what------we're all going to be slimmer and trimmer as we keep on keepin' on)
Princess, hope you had a happy anniversary. Five years is a nice milestone.
Bandit, we've got rain here too--dude ranch may not be all that exciting without nice weather but our dear grandson will keep us all hopping with or without nice weather. Half of our fun activities are the direct result of our dd looking for new experiences for her son and she loves to have us come along. We're blessed)

Also, Msmeri I hope I'm not stating the obvious, but when veggies and berries go on sale, I freeze them for future use. Maybe that would stretch your food dollar to work for you at the end of the month.

Okay, gotta run. I'm blessed to be in this group . We are cooking on all burners with this weight loss thing! By the way, yes, my pounds are gone from the salty dinner and I'm working on having good food while away.

Judy
234.6/212.2/209.6 thinner into onederland
Old 05-29-2009, 10:20 AM   #40  
Chick

whoops, sorry for the double post. www.3fatchicks.com timed out, I thought, on first post so I sent it again.
Judy
Old 05-30-2009, 09:22 AM   #41  

Morning, ladies:

Got in 36 laps yesterday & then my hot-tub so that was really relaxing.
That is most I have walked at one time, so was happy with myself.

Have baby shower tomorrow so went shopping last night & got some really cute girly things and a beautiful figurine of teddy bear riding a rocking horse.
(The mom loves horses so she should really like this) and I wanted something she could keep & we all know how quickly they grow out of their outfits.
Anyway, I was pleased with what I found.

And for once I stayed completely OP on a Friday night. Just had my leftovers for dinner then later had a snack of chocolate granola bar with a cup of tea.

I rewarded myself for my 30# drop with a new pair of dressy capris & a top.
They really look nice & are a size smaller so I was thrilled with that!

Getting together with gf today instead of yesterday & since weather was yucky. Today is looking abit better & we are having fish tonight.

Hope you all are having a great weekend!

This weekend let's all:

Get some exercise
Drink more water
Journal
Make one better choice each day
Have fun on this crazy journey!
Old 05-30-2009, 07:29 PM   #42  
Turtle wanna be

Wink Shrinking Boobies

Last night we went to Lane Bryant. I needed a pair of shorts for the Fitness Walk we are doing on 6/6. While I was there I got to looking at their selection of undergarments. I was thinking of a sports bra. They really didn't carry what it was I thought I was looking for. But the sales lady was real encouraging, pointed out a few options and next thing I know I am in the back and she is taking my measurements.

When all things are said and done, I walked out of their with two new bras. Size 44 DD. Just this last Christmas Mom bought me some in the size of 48 DDD. So I guess loosing 53 pounds shows some were at least.

It's true what they say in those Slim Quick commercials...You know the ones with a cartoon stick drawn lady, saying how her and her husband both went on a diet and he got skinny and the only thing that happened to her was her chest shrinking.

bandit-way to go on the walking. That's how I am doing it. Keep it up girl, one foot in front of the other

Judy-You are so right about the freezing. Growing up (Military) my Mom froze every thing cheese, milk, even eggs believe it or not. I should go back to those ways.

Well, the setting goals thing (even wrote them down) is not working two weeks in a row now.
Have decided to make daily commitments.
Today worked on walking faster, to keep up my target heart rate. The "other" web sit I go to says walking isn't aerobic activity. My DH says it is when done right. He worked in the Physical Education department for years. My opinion is if you are 300lbs tying your shoes is an aerobic activity.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:07 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 285/275.4/125

Meri, Walking certainly is aerobic! Just getting off the couch and "strolling" is betting than sitting on the couch and scarfing down no-no's, and if you work to make it aerobic, it can be. I know my 12-minute miles sure as heck feel aerobic to me! I wonder sometimes about my swimming because I don't really "feel" it (until I get out of the water) but I know my walking is burning fat!

Had my weigh-in today, and while it was only a 4/10 lb. loss, when I looked at my measurements from the 9th of May, when I first started keeping track, I've lost 1.5 inches off my waist, 3/4 inch off my hips, 1 inch off my thighs and 1.25 inches off my arms. So I can see that progress IS being made, it's just not showing up very well on the scale.

And I just got back from an hour in the pool. Plan to do the same tomorrow. (I even wore my hat and sunblock!)
ladynredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 12:33 AM   #44  
Turtle wanna be

Unhappy Lacking Focus

ladynredd-Way to go on the measurements. I think that's where it's at. Who cares what the scale says, if you are getting smaller thats great.

Someone told me to focus on the long term goals. I think, maybe I am doing that. but when I have 40+ days(Thursday) and 60+ days(Friday) I think I am having trouble with my "in the moment" thinking.

But it's weird, I look back through my food journal and really most days I am under my points. And I have only ever had a 60+ day twice in over 5 months. But I feel like I am not taking this serious or am not committed. I think my weight loss is going to slow down now, no more seven pound weeks. I might be cocky cuz I have lost more then anyone in my group. I know when my friend lost 5 pounds one week I was determined not to let her pass me up. Three of us started real close in weight together. I was the only one over 300 but we were not far apart.

I don't know..I am taking tomorrow off (from exercise) as I always do on Sunday and going to do some searching and see what it is I truly want.

Then begin fresh on Monday.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:44 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 285/275.4/125

Meri, I think you and I are both perfectionists -- all or nothing. I've had that I'm not doing this well enough feeling too and it's so uncomfortable that if it continues for long, I will just give up.

Yesterday was a case in point. I usually eat breakfast before my weigh-in, the same thing every week, but yesterday I couldn't because DH had eaten the last one and not put it on the grocery list. So I had half an apple for breakfast. Then after my meeting I went grocery shopping, came home, put away the groceries, talked to DH for a little while ... before I know it, it's noon and I still haven't eaten! So I made a good healthy lunch, and my afternoon snack, and at dinnertime I realize I still have 25 points left! So I had enormous servings of everything, ended up stuffed, and still 5 points under. And because I wasn't feeling comfortable with what I ate, I didn't track my dinner points last night -- I was just going to skip it but then this morning I thought, well, I might as well know what the damages are. And that's when I found out I was 5 points under.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that we can be successful with this way of life even if we're not "perfect." After all, this is how we're supposed to be living for the rest of our lives, and who can be perfect all the time? There's going to be birthday parties and wedding and holidays and the occasional day of "I doan wanna" but it's the decisions we make the majority of the time that will determine what size dress we wear.
ladynredd is offline   Reply With Quote