Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2000, 03:14 AM   #1  
Life Time 2001

Marsha: That poor bird! I love birds to. Some of them are so pretty! Hummingbirds are my favorite. Just love to watch them!

Karen: Im thinking of changing my WW goal to 150 so thats only 11 more pounds to go.
Then I still want to lose 5 more after that for a buffer. Was gonna go to 140 but I think that might me to much for me. Will just have to wait and see!

Phil: have a super day today for your birthday!

Slavika: Did you call the plumber? Thank goodness my hubby just calls. He has tried before to fix things and now has given up and just calls. Men.... you gotta love them!

[This message has been edited by LilyG (edited 12-10-2000).]
Old 12-11-2000, 05:45 AM   #2  

G'day all

Lily that is fantastic so close to goal, hope I can say the same thing in about 6 months or even 12 months as long as I get there, it has been very difficult the past few weeks with all the functions we have to go to.
Phill hope you had a great birthday, good to hear you went for a walk albeit around the house

Trudy I am soo sorry I spelled the name wrong, it is Christine Anu
I was born in Apeldoorn (1945)we migrated to Australia in 1959. I have a lot of family still in the Netherlands and most live in Haarlem, not far from amsterdam. I married an Australian and regard myself as Australian though you never forget your birthland. I have visited a few times and it was always great reminiscing with my many cousins. Some have come here to visit as well. The most difficult part is the language as dh speaks no dutch, mine is a little rusty but I get by Despite having been so long in Australia, I still do not like celebrating Christmas in the heat and one day I will celebrate it in the northern hemisphere again......
My intentions of just drinking water yesterday and remaining OP took a bit of a battering with 2 lots of visitors, try again today.
For any interested in the area I live in here it is: http://www.holdfast.sa.gov.au/index.htm
Another hot day but still no rain
I picture most of you rugged up, fire going, snow fallen, smell of hearty soups etc. etc.
Have a great start to the week all.
Cheers
Maria

------------------
http://www.picturetrail.com/flaggies
Old 12-11-2000, 10:15 AM   #3  
Net browser

Hi Everybody I had a busy day today. Went to Mass and then DH and I had a couple of things to still pick up for Christmas. I have to say the Mall was not too bad and neither was Costco. We had a early dinner and then we went to our grandchildren's Sunday School Concert. One little boy, about 6 I think, had one line to say in the concert, "what's in the box Lord?"
and what he actually said was, "what's in the Lord board...Geeeeeez." Poor little guy. LOL
Maria tonight our temp. is -35 C.
It is so cold out it feels like your body could just snap. I sure hate it when it is this cold and looks like we are going to have it all week long. BROTHER.
LILY Good for you on your weight loss. ALAS no call for a plumber. On our shopping trek this afternoon we picked up yet another part for the toilet. This toilet has been completely rebuilt. LOL. BUT~~~~~I think it is fixed. Yippee. and you guys thought he couldn't do it. LOL
Night all.
Old 12-11-2000, 11:36 AM   #4  

Slavika I like it a bit nippy but that is ridiculous -35C wow!
I have just returned from the beach, it is a hot day and the seabreezes at the beach are just lovely. We will be having it quite hot for the rest of the week, pity we cannot have the happy medium and we both would be happy with the weather
Pleased to hear your toilet is functioning again.
My day has been good so far, drank lots of water and my walk was about 1 hour and 1/2.
Cheers
Maria

------------------
http://www.picturetrail.com/flaggies
Old 12-11-2000, 08:16 PM   #5  

Lily If your thinking of changing your goal weight it might be smart. A lot of our members set goals that are unattainable and I beleive that is why they fail to keep it off. As you say you could to lose a little more if you want. 11 pounds to goal I'm so excited for you. Have you given amy more thought to Leader Training?

Slavika I think you and I are in for a very cold week its -20 degrees F. out there this morning. I hate to have to leave the house when it's so cold.

Maria you right I wrap up in my electric throw, drinking hot tea and wait for the soup to finish cooking. Today it will be Ole & Lena's old fashion bean soup. Yummy

Yesterday DH helped me move some of the new WW stuff to the meeting place in Wadena. So glad he was around as it was so heavy. The UPS man delivered the new Food Companions and Dining Out Companions on Friday. I like the way they are set up. The price has stayed the same.

Talk to you guys later.

Have a great day!!
Old 12-12-2000, 09:50 AM   #6  
Senior Chick

Hello everyone!

Just a quick note as this is my only evening home until Thursday when I am having my staff over. So...I am racing around cleaning and clearing!! We did get our tree yesterday and put it up last night. As she was pulling the ornaments from their boxes, DD wanted to know if I have stock in Hallmark! LOL Lot's of ornaments and it is always fun to remember when each one was given or purchased. We also have lovely lights up outside but have limited the time they are on due to our electricity shortage (don't get me started!)

I went to WW Saturday and lost 2.5 so I am down 92 Yeah!! This month is hard but so far so good - I just keep repeating "selected indulgences, selected indulgences..." and drink my water.

DD went to WW on Sunday and got the info on the new program changes. Not too different -just refined. Good to shake it up so I don't develop any bad habits.

Lily Good news on your loss! and happy birthday Phil!

OK it is back to cleaning time!

Margot

------------------

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels
Old 12-12-2000, 10:05 AM   #7  
Super Surfer

Maria..I found Christina Anu...Thanks for the tip, My Island Home is really a pretty song. I enjoyed my trip to Holdfast Bay. It looks like a very nice place, you are a lucky lady.
Lily..I think changing your WW goal is a good idea too. Going lower and having a buffer of at least 5 lbs is the way to do it. I think that is where I always go wrong. Most of the successful lifetimers have that buffer, so when they do gain, it is easier to get back OP.
Karen..It must be exciting for you to start lecturing on the new program. It sounds like it is going to be good. We won't start on ours until January 2nd. I am looking forward to it.
Slavika..I went to the Mall today and hopefully that is it for the shopping. My DD and I really put on the miles today. It was so cold outside, we could hear the snow crunching & squeeking under our feet. However, the sun was shining and there wasn't a wind, so I guess it could have been a lot worse...got to find something good about it .

I hope everyone has a good Tuesday OP..Good Night...

Old 12-12-2000, 10:09 AM   #8  
Super Surfer

Margot..I just had to come back to give you a big CONGRATULATIONS..down 92 already. WTG

Margot, 92 lbs is like losing a small person, my DD weighs 115 lbs. You are doing great, just keep it up and you will be the size you want to be before you know it. I am happy for you.

[This message has been edited by Trudy (edited 12-11-2000).]
Old 12-12-2000, 10:27 AM   #9  
Net browser

Hi Everybody I had a very busy day today. I went grocery shopping first thing this morning, then I came home and made a double batch of those appetizers called "Mushroom Nappies". I was good and only sampled one. I mixed up a batch of dough for cookies but that is still in the refrigerator. I also made fudge (really good fudge) and a fairly big piece somehow flew into my mouth, unbeknownst to me.
It's strange how that happens........
CAL there I am talking about "flying fudge" and there's you down another 2.5# for at total of 92#. WOW are you good. YIPEE for you Cal.
Tomorrow's my WW day and actually I have had a good week. I've already had my weigh in for December but I have to continue to watch very carefully so that I am not over goal on my weigh in the first week in January.
Talk you all tomorrow. Hope everybody has a good day. Night all.

[This message has been edited by slavika (edited 12-11-2000).]
Old 12-13-2000, 12:21 AM   #10  
Life Time 2001

Slavika: Glad your DH got the toliet fixed! -35C? oh boy Im glad I live in Foggy CA! LOL about the flying fudge. Poor little guy at the Concert. Hope he wasnt to embarassed.

Karen: I'm still undecided about the Leader part. I am for sure going to be a weighter or Receptionist. Just don't think I have the time right now for Leader. Working full time and that on top if it might not work. But I'm still looking into other options like working part time some where and then maybe WW. But I do want to start out as a Receptionist and go from there. I think it will keep me focused.

Cal: WOO HOO for you! You passed your 90# mark! Way to go girl!
You are gonna be where you want, and you are truly an inspiration to me.
It is fun to remember where the ornaments came from. I think thats one of the reasons I like decortaing so much as I have a lot of good memories with all the decorations.

Maria: Would be nice to live wheres its warm all the time. Think thats why I loved Hawaii so much! One day DH and I would like to see Australia.

I went back to WW last night and got the new Materials. Sure was alot of whinning in the meeting and it was a very small meeting to! The leader even said they whinned more the the other 3 meetings she had that day. Didnt have the new Calculator yet tho. Alas... I hate that slide rule......... But I am looking forward to some of the new material that comes along with it.

But there are some things you do get more of like strawberries. You now get 1 1/2 cups per serving. She said there were quite a few changes like that. Havent found others yet though.

Old 12-13-2000, 11:00 AM   #11  
Super Surfer

Lily..I didn't realize that you were considering working for WW. I know someone who did just that to keep herself focused. It has worked for her, she has kept her weight off. She doesn't have a full time job though. I can't remember where you said you worked. I've been having a lot of "senior moments" lately. Yesterday I couldn't remember my phone number. :confused:
Margot..I have a lot of ornaments on my tree that make me smile, I wouldn't part with them for anything. I will add "selected indulgences" to "portion control" as the words to remember this holiday season.
Tomorrow I go for lunch with the work out gals, we are going to eat Chinese food. I will be careful what I order.

I lost 1.6 lbs and didn't have to pay today. I am officially 2 lbs from goal. Picture a very happy gal . Slavika had 6 of us for Tea Time and tempted us with a luscious Carrot Cake and some of the Flying Fudge. Delicious! She is a great cook and always has wonderful baking. I love Tea Time!

A big snow storm missed us, but we still have the cold weather. It could have been worse.

Good Night ladies, have a great day OP tomorrow.
Old 12-13-2000, 11:29 AM   #12  
Net browser

CONGRATS TO TRUDY ON HER NICE WEIGHT LOSS I did get weighed in and I'm doing ok staying at goal. This weekend is going to be a challenge. We are going out on Friday and I am having friends in on Saturday.
Oh you guys is it ever cold here. I ache in parts of my body I was never even aware of before...like my elbows. GEEZ. LILY I would sure like your weather for awhile or MARIA'S in Australia.
Well tomorrow I'm going out for lunch and shopping with my friend, I hope it's a bit warmer, but I don't think so.
Well good night, I'll talk to you tomorrow.
Old 12-13-2000, 04:58 PM   #13  

It's very encouraging to read of all the great weight loss. Margot 92 pounds is wonderful. It gives me reason to think I can lose the 50 I have left to take off.
Trudy congratulations on your 1.6 loss, and only 2 pounds from goal!
The best I have been able to do the last 2 days is eat a salad for supper because I ate the Christmas stuff at work! I am not pigging out like I used to do, but I don't seem to be able to just say no! But I will keep coming back here for inspiration!

It is very cold here too, but my idea of very cold does not even compare to what going on where Slavika lives. I can't even imagine what it would be like to be that cold! Very cold here is down in the 20s at night! Does your body burn extra calories trying to stay warm???

Phill

------------------
The older you get, the tougher it is to lose weight
because by then, your body and your fat are really good friends.
Old 12-13-2000, 07:58 PM   #14  
Net browser

Hi Everybody I had a pleasant surprise this morning. I received an e-mail from "our" DONNA . She was away on her cruise for her son's wedding. The ship she was on was called the "Explorer of the Seas" and she said it was wonderful. The couple were married on the beach at St. Thomas. She is busy now getting ready for Christmas and an open house.
Old 12-14-2000, 03:08 AM   #15  
Fun Blonde

Margot - I just wish I were there to give you a high-five or a hug! I am so very, very happy for you! You must feel like a completely happier person because you can do so much more.

Trudy - Way to go! You are a freebie!

Slavika - I would just imagine that you ache with the temperature that cold! Do any of you have a hot tub? Here in OK we are having temperatures in the teens, lots of snow and ice. I absolutely hate it! I feel so confined! I really have trouble with my attitude when the weather is miserable. My doctor has prescribed antidepressants before because I have so much depression when it is dark and dreary.

Last night I was to have 3 of my best friends over for a get together before Christmas. Well, the weather turned fowl, they couldn't come, and I ate half a batch of brownies. I am not an emotional eater, not I. Do any of you do stupid things like that? Instead of being just depressed by the weather, now I am depressed because I overate. Go Figure!

Lily - I think you would make a fantastic lecturer, but I am sure that being a receptionist will be fun and keep you focused. I hope that sometime you could find the time to do the lecturer training because I think you have the "RIGHT STUFF" to get to goal yourself and stay there.
Glenda

Closed Thread