Old 05-07-2009, 05:18 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Morning all, I ALMOST made it online during lunch yesterday, I was able to read everyone posts then his reply... then it just froze! I think it has something to do with the firewall at work because I do not have that problem here at home.

I am alway up for challenges! Let me know what we figure out.

Bandit: Hope you feel better!

Have a happy day all.
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 08:35 AM   #17  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hi Turtles,
I'm back! Had a nice time and I'm glad to be home. Food was fantastic on trip, but I did some emotional eating on the drive back home. So glad to see you chiming in. Yes, I've had trouble with the site--I suspect my computer is causing the problem.

Okay, I am way up for weekly challenges. Bandit, you are doing great. I am so happy for you. Time for me to actually lose some weight instead of maintaining so nicely. Ugh.

to Chrily. You've been on my mind and I'm so glad you graduated with honors and you're back and ready to treat yourself right. Sorry about your family woes, but you sound like you're about to make a good difference in your life. Weigh to go!
So, to all my turtle friends, hi! Let's have a great day.
By the way, Donna, I was just about to suggest the Wendie plan to you or to start counting your points with your evening meal to get over snag with your points. I guess it's okay to mention that most WW's have more success when they eat their points. Hey, you're doing great and have a wonderful weight loss. Keep up the good work.
Judy
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:53 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning, turtles:

Judy - glad to see you back here & hope you are doing well.

I was down .75# last night at my w/i making a total of 28.25# since joining
Tops, slow but steady so can't complain.

Planning on walking tonight & again tomorrow afternoon with my gf.

Have a great OP day, everyone.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 05:32 AM   #19  

Morning all and happy Friday! I am so glad that the weekend is almost here, it has been a very busy and long week. Went to Zumba last night and had a good time.

Judy: Glad you are back and congrats on the good eating while on Vacation, that is always a challenge!

Donna: The Wendie plan has helped me in the past... Maybe I need to start doing that again also....

Bandit: Any plans for the weekend? Congrats on your loss, you really are doing fantastic!!

Chirily: Congrats on graduation! Has spring finally made it up your way?
Old 05-08-2009, 08:53 AM   #20  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Princess, weigh to go getting to Zumba class!

Yeah, my food on vacation in the south was terrific and I'm so proud of myself. Oatmeal or eggwhite omelets for breakfast, vegetable subs for lunch/dinner one day, fish and veggies (and only a few French fries), and a black bean veggie burger that was soooooo good. It wasn't easy with the food, but it wasn't impossible. My sisters were all into the "Monday I'm starting a real detox/diet" so they ate what they wanted, but honestly I knew if I did that I'd be up 7-8# and I really can't afford that. This morning the scale was great, but I'm not sure if it's real or not. I'll have to watch very carefully to make my Wed. WI a : Mothers' Day is here and I'm cooking/ordering out--not sure which yet but I want the foods to be "Me friendly".

Okay, the sun is finally out here in NY and I'm looking forward to a lovely weekend. I'll get out and grocery shop today and plan out meals for next week, etc.

Onward and downward! We can do this!
Love, Judy
Old 05-08-2009, 09:20 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 285/275.4/125

Sorry I've been MIA the past few days. I've worked more hours this past week than any week in the past 2 or 3 months and while it will be good for my pocketbook, it's amazing how much time work can take up!

The past couple days I haven't been journaling my food and I haven't been exercising every day either. So I'm not anticipating good news at the scale on Saturday. Oh, well, in 20 years this will just be such a little bump in the road I won't even remember it, right?

So I'm trying to narrow my focus down to TODAY. I'm halfway through my first glass of water and as soon as I post this I'm going to sit down and plan my meals for the day to make sure I get my points in.

Keep on trundling on!
Donna D., Hemet, CA
ladynredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 12:30 PM   #22  

Good afternoon, turtles:

Princess - zumba sound like fun & lots of exercising. I love to dance so would probably enjoy something along those lines. Good for you for getting active!

Donna - hope you get back to your journalling, that has helped me alot.

Judy - I am sooooo proud of you for doing so well on vacation. That is really hard when everyone around you is having whatever they want. But, you will be rewarded at the scale, so good for you!

Yesterday was a sunny day & I got my lawn mowed for the first time this year & good thing, since today is rainey. Got lots of raking as well. Then my gf came & we went & had a hot-tub & swim (didn't walk since my knee is still sore) but had fun anyway.

Then we had haddock & zuccini with big caesar salad for our dinner. Then later jello with coolwhip & a cookie crumbled on top (that was very good)
and of course, the wine.

Tonight I am going to a singles dance with some ladies, so that should be good for a laugh.

Then tomorrow my dd with be home so will be spending day with her after visiting my mom.

Thats about it - so have a great weekend.

Lets all keep: journalling, drinking water, counting points & exercising.

Remember: Together, we can
Old 05-09-2009, 01:50 PM   #23  
Chick

Bandit, you've got lots of fun things going on. Congrats on getting the lawn cut. We had to cut ours for the first time too, and today it's rainy. OUr post office did a nice thing--they collected food for the needy and I was able to put some things in a sack for the collection. Felt good.

Last night I had a weird thing happen and I'm pleased with the results. Had a chicken roasting in the oven when dgrandson and dd wanted to come over and go to OUtback for dinner. Okay==turned off the oven, had 1/2 dinner at restaurant and packed the rest up for today. Whew! I feel like someone has invaded my body and is making good choices. The scale is looking very good so I have to make sure that tomorrow's choices are good so I can have a good Wednesday WI.

Tomorrow kids are coming to celebrate Mothers' Day and I am cooking because I want to--can control the calories better that way. Monday I will be busy at dd's so will have to bring figure friendly foods. Busy times ahead! You all have a lovely weekend, have fun and be well and chime in when you can.
Judy
Old 05-10-2009, 03:26 PM   #24  

Happy Mothers Day all!

Went to W/I yesterday, was only down .2 that was disappointing since food was good and exercise was plentiful... I will keep at it though, TOM has arrived so next W/I will reflect that but I will just keep chugging along and it will get moving again.

Bandit: Have a great weekend and have lots of fun with your family!

Donna: How are you doing?

Judy: Very happy to have you back with us and congrats on the food while on vacation, that is always rough.

Chirily: How are you doing?

Have to run and get ready, we are going to my DS house for a cook-out
Old 05-11-2009, 02:36 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 285/275.4/125

Got up this morning and did the 5 mile walk for the first time! I think I'll claim that as my positive for the day. At my weigh-in I lost EXACTLY the amt. of weight I gained last week. Lightened my mood a good deal!

Had the best Mother's Day I've had in years. My oldest son called and we had a short conversation. He even mentioned his stepfather in a positive way without prompting.

My youngest son came and shared lunch with DH, my mother in law, and me. It was the first time my son met my mother in law, who is deaf, and he was very polite, remembering to always face her when speaking so she could lip read. He was also very patient with DH's attempts to teach him how to sign the alphabet. (fingerspelling) Son and I took off for the pool for a while after lunch while DH and his mom stayed inside in the air conditioning. This gave son and I some personal time and he shared some good news -- he is asking his gf to marry him in a couple weeks. When the lease is up on their current apt. in June they are planning to move in with her parents, who have a BIG house and have been suffering from a bit of empty nest syndrome. They are trying to save up to buy their first home and this should enable them to save a couple thousand dollars a month, so it's a worthwhile sacrifice.

I am so proud of this boy! He is so much more together than I was at 25!

I'd better end or I'll end up writing a book.
ladynredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:12 AM   #26  

Morning all and happy Tuesday to everyone. It is a very pretty day here today with rain expected for the rest of the week... sigh. We got the vegetable garden in on Sunday so the rain will help that but I still like the sunny days best =)

Eating is ok but this past weekend I ate too much of things that while were point friendly they were not so friendly in the amounts that I ate... moving forward I realize that TOM is a huge problem for me in so many ways so I need to overcome them and move past them.

Hope all is well with everyone, I have to run, busy day ahead!
Old 05-12-2009, 09:41 AM   #27  

Morning, turtles:

Princess - I know how you feel about having a bad weekend, I overdid this past weekend as well & have to be accountable tomorrow night. Not looking forward to this weeks weigh in.

Got in a 2 mile walk last night & hot-tube afterwards, so felt good getting my butt back over to the centre. My knee was abit sore, but I think the walk actually helped.

Nice & sunny up here today so that is nice.

This site is going to be down later today for upgrades, so everyone have a great day & talk later.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:12 PM   #28  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Real quicky, I've been at my dd's the last two days and handled food there a lot better than I have in the past. I have my WI tomorrow so I have high hopes. I hope I've not overestimated how well I've done. I'll let you know.
Judy
Congrats on the exercising you've posted. WEigh to go and Donna--what nice news you had.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:50 AM   #29  

Morning all and happy Wednesday to everyone. Rainy here today and supposed to keep up for the rest of the week but my garden is enjoying it. Now if I can just keep our German Shep. out of the garden it stands a chance of growing... I think that he thinks he is in charge of the garden but with his big old feet those poor little tomato plants don't stand a chance =)

Judy and Bandit: Best wishes for great W/I's! I sure hope you get the numbers that you are looking for.

Donna: Have you tried any new recipes lately?

Chirily: How are you doing so far? Has spring finally made it up your way?

Have to run but have a great day!
Old 05-13-2009, 09:24 AM   #30  

Morning, turtles:

Got in another walk last night - not quite 2 miles since I wanted to get back home in time to watch finale of Biggest Loser. I wanted Tara to win - but Helen beat her out.

According to my scale at home, I am up this week so not looking forward to weigh in tonight. I know I have had too many extras this week & they have caught up with me.

Princess - hope your garden survives the dog.

Judy - good luck at the scales

Chrily - where are you hiding? Hope you are doing well.

Everyone else - have a great OP day!